PDA

View Full Version : Since you all had to get the last one locked

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM
This is my pre draft WR rankings

1. Malcolm Kelly Jr Oklahoma- Seems like a complete player to me. Has size, speed, hands, body control and is a capable blocker. Reminds me a lot of Eric Moulds in his prime
2. DeSean Jackson Jr Cal-I don't really like Jackson as a WR but the next group of guys really isn't that good to pass him up. Some might see him to be Steve Smith but I see Laverneus Coles, i.e. solid but not spectacular
3. Limas Sweed Sr Texas- Won't put up eye-popping numbers at the Combine but his production and value in the red zone will be huge. Think Anquan Boldin.
4. Donnie Avery Sr Houston-My shocker at WR with a legit shot at sneaking into the late first round. Has decent size at 5'11" 190 but will skyrocket if he runs the reported 4.25 he's been talked about running.
5. Jordy Nelson Sr Kansas State- Good size but speed is an issue. If he runs in the 4.4 range then he'll be a borderline 1st rounder but if he runs in the high 4.5s he could drop to the 3rd round. Also raw due to not playing WR that long

P-L
11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
See my sig for my thoughts...

But seriously? Some may be controversial.

1. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
2. DeSean Jackson, California
3. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
4. James Hardy, Indiana
5. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
6. D.J. Hall, Alabama
7. Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
8. Early Doucet, Louisiana State
9. Limas Sweed, Texas
10. Donnie Avery, Houston

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Crap I forgot about Bennett. Put Bennett where Sweed is and then keep the rest

Travis 24
11-30-2007, 08:28 PM
1. Jordy Nelson...Really a no-brainer IMO. Gets separation, has great hands, goes up for the ball at its highest point, extremely gifted athletically...very few flaws in his game.

2. Donnie Avery...Another guy I really liked a lot more as the season progressed. Plays SO fast..has very good hands, and just a remarkable athlete. Kinda small and frail looking, but can't deny the raw talent and athleticism.

3. Malcolm Kelly...Great size, decent speed. Didn't really show up in some games for Oklahoma. Inconsistant at times, but the talent and ability is all there to succeed at the next level.

4. Harry Douglas...Probably the guy that plays the fastest, or 2nd fastest in the draft. Tremendous downfield threat and very explosive off the LOS. Great hands too..but pretty light, listed at 170 lbs.

5. Earl Bennett...Havn't seen a whole lot on him, so I can't really go too deep into it...but what I have seen, very impressive despite playing with lackluster talent around him.

6. DeSean Jackson
7. Early Doucet
8. Keenan Burton
9. Limas Sweed
10. Marcus Smith

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 08:30 PM
My only question is that if Nelson is such an amazingly gifted WR, then why did he start his career as a walk on safety?

Travis 24
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
My only question is that if Nelson is such an amazingly gifted WR, then why did he start his career as a walk on safety?

Who knows...

Why did Howie Long, Walter Payton, Brian Westbrook and Jerry Rice all go to tiny I-AA schools?...Players just fly under the radar sometimes...obviously it happened with Nelson.

Tampa 2 4 life
11-30-2007, 08:53 PM
1. Malcolm Kelly
2. Jordy Nelson
3. Desean Jackson
4. Early Doucet
5. Harry Douglas
Last: Amarri Jackson

Babylon
11-30-2007, 09:28 PM
This is my pre draft WR rankings

1. Malcolm Kelly Jr Oklahoma- Seems like a complete player to me. Has size, speed, hands, body control and is a capable blocker. Reminds me a lot of Eric Moulds in his prime
2. DeSean Jackson Jr Cal-I don't really like Jackson as a WR but the next group of guys really isn't that good to pass him up. Some might see him to be Steve Smith but I see Laverneus Coles, i.e. solid but not spectacular
3. Limas Sweed Sr Texas- Won't put up eye-popping numbers at the Combine but his production and value in the red zone will be huge. Think Anquan Boldin.
4. Donnie Avery Sr Houston-My shocker at WR with a legit shot at sneaking into the late first round. Has decent size at 5'11" 190 but will skyrocket if he runs the reported 4.25 he's been talked about running.
5. Jordy Nelson Sr Kansas State- Good size but speed is an issue. If he runs in the 4.4 range then he'll be a borderline 1st rounder but if he runs in the high 4.5s he could drop to the 3rd round. Also raw due to not playing WR that long

Not really a Limas Sweed fan but most like him going early and probably to the Titans. Like i've said before this years WR class is deep but probably not a Super at the top. Wouldnt be surprised to see the 1st wideout last till the 20s area of round 1. I would also add Bowman and the kid from Indiana(who i've never seen but have heard some good things about).