PDA

View Full Version : PossumMock 0.5

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I dedicate this mock to memory of Sean Taylor, probably the best safety prospect I've seen.

Based on draft order as of 11-28-07

Coin flips(actually performed by PB9):

a. St. Louis defeats NYJets....Rams pick #2
b. Kansas City defeats Baltimore....Chiefs pick #8
c. Minnesota defeats Denver....Vikings pick #15
d. Philadelphia defeats Washington....Eagles pick #18

*** indicates underclassman

1. Miami- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas***
2. St. Louis- Chris Long DE Virginia
3. NY Jets- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
4. New England(from SF)- Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State***
5. Atlanta- Jake Long OT Michigan
6. Oakland- Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
7. Cincinnati- Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California
8. Kansas City- Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma***
9. Baltimore- Vernon Gholston DE/OLB Ohio State***
10. Carolina- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
11. Arizona- Calais Campbell DE Miami(FL)***
12. New Orleans- Kenny Phillips S Miami(FL)***
13. Buffalo- Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma***
14. Houston- Ryan Clady OT Boise State***
15. Minnesota- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
16. Denver- James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State***
17. Chicago- Michael Oher OT Mississippi***
18. Philadelphia- Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida***
19. Washington- Dan Connor LB Penn State
20. Tennessee- DeSean Jackson WR California***
21. San Diego- Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma***
22. Detroit- Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin***
23. Seattle- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon***
24. Dallas(from CLE)- Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland***
25. Tampa Bay- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
26. NY Giants- Keith Rivers LB Southern California
27. Pittsburgh- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois***
28. Jacksonville- Quentin Groves DE/OLB Auburn
29. San Francisco(from IND)- Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
30. Green Bay- Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech***
31. Dallas- Aqib Talib CB Kansas***
32. New England- PICK FORFEITED FOR CHEATING

princefielder28
11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
You have to be kidding me! The Jets taking a QB???? Does Kellen Clemens mean anything to you????

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 10:52 PM
You have to be kidding me! The Jets taking a QB???? Does Kellen Clemens mean anything to you????

I'm certainly aware of Clemens, but I'm not sure he should mean anything to me. I almost went with Gholston to the Jets at #3.

Thanks for the feedback. I do want it.

fenikz
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I would go with Phillips over Campbell for the Cardinals, they are both about equal value imo but Phillips fits our defense better, just imagine him and Wilson roaming around, but good pick either way

BroadwayJoe10
11-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Clemens has only started 4 games, 3 consecutive and people are already writing him off. First i dont think Matt Ryan belongs anywheres near the top 5 and the jets have other issues to attend to. OL, DL etc. It's tough to judge a QB in less than half a dozen games with half a good Oline and his #1 reciever missing some big playing time. I say build the trenches and give him his shot next year, than we can talk about adressing QB. Thus i really liked your other decision of Gholston. So, I would go with gholston or jenkins.

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Clemens has only started 4 games, 3 consecutive and people are already writing him off. First i dont think Matt Ryan belongs anywheres near the top 5 and the jets have other issues to attend to. OL, DL etc. It's tough to judge a QB in less than half a dozen games with half a good Oline and his #1 reciever missing some big playing time. I say build the trenches and give him his shot next year, than we can talk about adressing QB. Thus i really liked your other decision of Gholston. So, I would go with gholston or jenkins.

Considering they just picked Revis, do you think Jenkins would get consideration?

Perhaps I have judged Clemens too quick.

Thanks.

derza222
11-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Considering they just picked Revis, do you think Jenkins would get consideration?

Perhaps I have judged Clemens too quick.

Thanks.

Clemens has had no Coles or a limited Coles in a good amount of his starts, leaving Cotchery and Brad Smith as the starters. I think it's completely unfair to judge him that quickly. Beyond that, Ryan isn't a top 5 pick IMO. And as said, he's only made 4 starts anyway, and against Washington, Baltimore, Dallas, and Pittsburgh. He won one of those games, took another to overtime, and should have tied the Baltimore game at the end if not for 3 dropped TD's. He hasn't been fantastic, but I don't see us using a top 5 pick on a QB until we see him in more games and with some halfway decent receivers in the lineup.

As far as Jenkins, it comes down to preference. Gholston probably fits a bigger need, but Jenkins does fit a need because outside of Revis our corners are weak. At the same time, Jenkins is the better player, though Gholston is a very good player in his own right. So would you rather go with the bigger need or the better player? Comes down to preference, your call really I don't think you could go wrong either way.

skinzzfan25
11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I'd like an explanation on Dan Connor for the Redskins. I don't really see who he would replace.

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I'd like an explanation on Dan Connor for the Redskins. I don't really see who he would replace.

That's an explanation I don't have. Thanks for the comment.

Who would you have taken there?

Hines
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
why would the steelers draft a rb in the first round after giving willie so much money?

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
why would the steelers draft a rb in the first round after giving willie so much money?

I wasn't aware of a deal with Parker. Thanks.

For the most part, I considered it a value pick.

Hines
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I wasn't aware of a deal with Parker. Thanks.

For the most part, I considered it a value pick.

but even then, they wouldnt take a running back...they have more glaring holes then running back.

NYGibril28
11-30-2007, 11:26 PM
First mock?

Rivers is a solid pick for the Giants, but the secondary needs to be addressed before LB. Antoine Cason or Aqib Talib are better picks.

Yung Flippa
11-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Like Vernon, BUT I think that QB is a bigger need then OLB/DE hybrid. Well If Troy Smith can show up some promise, then we can probably go with Vernon, which would be great.

PossumBoy9
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM
First mock?

First that I've posted on a non-Rams forum.

The feedback from fans of other teams will certainly help me improve my mocks.

Rivers is a solid pick for the Giants, but the secondary needs to be addressed before LB. Antoine Cason or Aqib Talib are better picks.

Thanks. I did consider a CB like Talib for the Giants.

BroadwayJoe10
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
First that I've posted on a non-Rams forum.

The feedback from fans of other teams will certainly help me improve my mocks.

Thanks. I did consider a CB like Talib for the Giants.

thats the best way to find out what other teams needs are, and it takes some balls to put out a mock so that everyone can see and talk about. I always like keeping them around and then seeing how the first round shakes up as it gets closer to the draft. Most, even scotts, can differ drastically from now to right before the draft. Anyways, for the feedback part; I already mentioned gholston or jenkins and you said what about revis. It's a good point, but like derza said our other cb's suck somethin aweful at times and is tough in an AFC where the elite teams have two high caliber WRs to cover. But money is also and issue and as we know the CB class is deep, so I think your initial idea of Gholston is right on.

TitanHope
12-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Jackson is excellent for the Titans!!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Vernon Gholston to the Ravens??? when Andre Woodson is still on the board?? i doubt that will happen although i would love to see what Vernon can do in our defense, QB and CB are much bigger needs. Give us Woodson instead

Jakey
12-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Not a good Steelers pick...O-Line, CB or WR in round 1 pleasee

skinzzfan25
12-01-2007, 07:15 AM
That's an explanation I don't have. Thanks for the comment.

Who would you have taken there?

The homer inside me says Heyward-Bey lol. But Bowman or Otah would be a better selection IMO.

I like Connor as a football player and I think he's gonna be pretty good in the NFL, but we still have a few more years with London Fletcher and then HB Blades has been looking very promising behind him.

Blades has gotten a good amount of playing time for a 5th round pick, Marcus Washington has been hurt and Blades has been brought in as a OLB and ILB several times.

Bills2083
12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Good Bills pick there

BaLLiN
12-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Like the giants pick, but for some reason id really like to see Brandon Flowers there just because our secondary needs to tackle better.

PossumBoy9
12-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Vernon Gholston to the Ravens??? when Andre Woodson is still on the board?? i doubt that will happen although i would love to see what Vernon can do in our defense, QB and CB are much bigger needs. Give us Woodson instead

The decision came down to Woodson & Gholston. It was close.

Of course, Gholston almost went #3 overall. If he had, the Ravens would have landed a QB.

I think Gholston is one of the better prospects. I respect the Ravens drafting generally, so I thought they'd make a wise pick.

PossumBoy9
12-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Not a good Steelers pick...O-Line, CB or WR in round 1 pleasee

Got it. Thanks.

Chris Williams was certainly considered there.

Good Bills pick there

Malcolm Kelly and the Bills seems like a perfect fit. That was perhaps the easiest pick to make.

Jakey
12-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Got it. Thanks.

Chris Williams was certainly considered there.

Yeah Chris Williams would be a great pick!

PossumBoy9
12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
The homer inside me says Heyward-Bey lol. But Bowman or Otah would be a better selection IMO.

I like Connor as a football player and I think he's gonna be pretty good in the NFL, but we still have a few more years with London Fletcher and then HB Blades has been looking very promising behind him.

Blades has gotten a good amount of playing time for a 5th round pick, Marcus Washington has been hurt and Blades has been brought in as a OLB and ILB several times.

The Redskins pick was one of the hardest for me. I appreciate your input.

As a homer, do you think I had Heyward-Bey going too high?

T-RICH49
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Loadholt A+++++++++++++++++++++++++ :D :D :D

23_phins_84
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
umm....wtf @ Dolphins pick

PossumBoy9
12-01-2007, 01:38 PM
umm....wtf @ Dolphins pick

Who would you have picked? I actually feel sorry for the Dolphins.

Will Ronnie Brown be healthy for '08? I know he'll have knocked off 4 years from his rookie deal after '08, so he could be conceivably dealt after next year I'd think....if he comes back strong.

How many years was Brown's rookie deal?

iloxygenil
12-02-2007, 05:13 AM
I'd rather have Phil Loadholt than Jake Long. I like Long's size, but I think he's going to end up being a RT...

23_phins_84
12-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Who would you have picked? I actually feel sorry for the Dolphins.

Will Ronnie Brown be healthy for '08? I know he'll have knocked off 4 years from his rookie deal after '08, so he could be conceivably dealt after next year I'd think....if he comes back strong.

How many years was Brown's rookie deal?

Glenn Dorsey, no question. Our offense is fine, no need for McFadden, or Jake Long as I have also seen many times. Our Defense is whats hurting.

Travis 24
12-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Does anyone even realize the massive holes in the Eagles secondary?..seriously? They won't draft Harvey..they have more than enough pass rushers and depth at DE