PDA

View Full Version : Here Goes Nothin

Bengals78
12-01-2007, 04:25 AM
It's 20 after 4 and I have nothing better to do. Finished an hour later, near 530. give it a break if it fades off towards the end. Comments always welcomed. Please be more insightful if you dislike a pick or if you like the pick but feel I should have gone elsewhere than just saying "Crappy Pick for so and so" or "Bad Pick". Thanks.

1.) Fins - Glenn Dorsey DT
-I've long thought Dorsey to be the most talented player this year. I think a big playmaker like him will help veterans like Jason Taylor get back to his form from just a year ago.

2.) J-E-T-S - Chris Long DL
-They need just slightly less help than the Fins. I think Clemens is proving he could be a servicable QB and succeed in NY. Long will help solidify the line by stopping the run and pressuring the QB.

3.) Falcons - Brian Brohm QB
- Probably the best pick for the Falcons. I know Ryan is probably ranked higher but Petrino can start to build a similar system to Louisville's and Brohm should thrive.

4.) Rams - Jake Long OT
- Injuries have destroyed what should have been a good team. Pace has spent so much time injured Long makes more sense than anything else.

5.) Pats (from Niners) - James Laurinaitis ILB
- Bruschi and the crew is not getting younger. Looking at how Laurinaitis has played, him on that D is scary.

6.) Da Raiderrrs - Darren Mcfadden RB
- Do I think this is the #1 need? No. Best value? Hell yes. Upgrade over most RBs in the league IMHO.

7.) Panthers - Kenny Phillips S
- The Panthers on a downward slide and going down fast. 0-5 at home isn't helping. Their offense is in shambles, partially due to Delhomme being out. But Phillips is a playmaker and they need it.

8.) Ravens - Andre Woodson QB
- Boller is def not the answer, Mcnair is aging. Woodson as all the tools to lead this team. Possibly draft OL later on would help them a lot too.

9.) Chiefs - Matt Ryan QB
- I was tempted with Oline or Defense but I'm thinking they might go QB. Croyle and Huard don't seem to be any kind of long term solution to me.

10.) Bengals - Calais Campbell DE
- Defense. Defense. Defense. Ellis or Campbell would be nice. But I like Campbell a bit more.

11.) Bills - Sedrick Ellis DT
- The defense isn't exactly where they had hoped with injuries. And I think that Ellis could be the playmaking DT they need to help free up linebackers. Wideout is another high possibility here.

12.) Texans - Ryan Clady OT
- They def. need Oline help before they lose anymore QBs. There are other possible choices but I think OT is the best value and best choice for this team.

13.) Redskins - Malcom Jenkins CB
- Could really help this teams Defense. Although, due to this weeks tradgic events, Safety could be an issue.

14.) Cards - Keith Rivers OLB
- Rivers would make for a great addition for a defense that is up and coming. Dansby might not return and Rivers is similar in the way they make plays.

15.) Vikes - Thomas DeCoud S
- They need a QB but with the choices taken, I don't see them taking Brennan or Ainge this high. So safety is a logical choice.

16.) Broncos - Dan Connor OLB
- They have a less than solid defense. Connor is a great LB. He could really help this struggling defense.

17.) Bearss - Sam Baker OT
- A solid OT pick that could possiblely give Rex more time to make better decisions. Note I said possiblely. Maybe Ainge or Brennan and it's time to move to life after Rex.

18.) Eagles - Adarius Bowman WR
- They could really use some playmaking at WR. I was leaning towards Jackson but I think someone like Bowman fits better here.

19.) Lions - Mike Jenkins CB
- Their defense is doing great with take-aways, but hey so did the Bengals a few years back. Look where it got them.

20.) Saints - Reggie Smith DB
- Smith is a great player who can make plays and play S or CB. Oline is a possibility. I like Jenkins here more though.

21.) Titans - Limas Sweed WR
- If Sweed is available, I think this is a damn near lock. They need a big target for Young if he is to ever succeed. This would help open the run game as well for White.

22.) G-Men - Aqib Talib CB
- Talib would really help solidify an already decent defense. A solid corner would help increase turnovers and reduce big plays. The pressure from the line and coverage from Talib will be a great addition.

23.) Chargers - Frank Okam DT
- Weak depth at DT should make this a solid choice. The defense is good. And depth will only make it better.

24.) Bucs - Desean Jackson WR
- A playmaker in the mold of Tedd Ginn. I think Jackson might be a better reciever overall though. A solid pick for the Bucs.

25.) Seahawks - Derrick Harvey DE
- A solid pick to help the pass rush. Once Alexander comes back I think the offense will be solid again and this could only help their defense.

26.) Cowboys (From Browns) - Antoine Cason CB
- Despite being such a great team, their pass defense is horrible. Cason seems to be rising on boards quickly so if he is available look for Dallas to snatch him up.

27.) Steelers - Jeff Otah OT
- The biggest problem this year has been the offensive line. Otah provides stability and will surely help this unit next year almost immediately.

28.) Jags - Vernon Gholston DE
- A DE like Gholston will compliment the leagues best DT duo. This will also help add pressure from a position other than LB. This could be a scary defense with a crazy pass rusher like Gholston.

29.) 49ers (From Colts) - Early Doucet WR
- They need defense and offense. Doucet will hopefully give Smith a talented WR to throw to and help open up Gore and Davis.

30.) Packers - John Carlson TE
- With Ryan Grant emerging, RB could most likely be addressed later. All that is missing from this offense is a great TE. Carlson could easily fill this void and give Favre or Rodgers just one more weapon.

31.) Cowboys - Malcom Kelly WR
- A young WR to help that already great offense. Kelly could be perfect in the Cowboys system along side Owens, Crayton and Glenn.

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Good raven pick but I dont think we need help on the o-line as much as CB. Also if Vernon Gholston fell to jacksonville man that would be a monster D-line

Bengals78
12-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah. I think Gholston as a Jag would give even Peyton nightmares. I think above CB the ravens should look at OL. Keeping whomever your QB is vertical and opening running lanes should be a top priority, with all due respect, the Bengals defense held your running game to a fairly low amount. Its def not the RB in Baltimore. In my opinion CB is fairly deep this year so i could see it in rd 3 or 4.

Bills2083
12-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't mind drafting Ellis. I'd also take a look at Malcolm Jenkins there.

BTW, if Malcolm Kelly fell that far, it would be great if we traded our 2nd, and one of our 3rds to move into the bottom of the 1st, and select Kelly.

thebow305
12-01-2007, 09:18 AM
ok phins pick

Bengals78
12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't mind drafting Ellis. I'd also take a look at Malcolm Jenkins there.

BTW, if Malcolm Kelly fell that far, it would be great if we traded our 2nd, and one of our 3rds to move into the bottom of the 1st, and select Kelly.

I wouldnt doubt several trying to move into the late 1st.
But from a personal note, I do not like factoring in fictional trades

princefielder28
12-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Carlson isn't a bad pick but Donald Lee has emerged nicely and has received a contract extension

brat316
12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the Cards take someone like Gholston becuase they are trying to change over to the 3-4, or run a hybrid 3-4.

I think the Eagles do need a playmaking WR, but safety is more of a need.

Steelers they could use any line help, at OT or OG, i think the Steelers are looking for a versitle player. Thats what Tomlin likes someone who can play multiple positions on the line, like Mahan.

Broncos need a Lb, but they need a MLB, someone big for the middle to stop the runs.

BaLLiN
12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
personally, id prefer cason over talib right now for the gmen

Go_Eagles77
12-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I'd prefer Jackson because we need a good return man too.

T-RICH49
12-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I hope the Chiefs pick is a joke.Let's see what Croyle can do with an actual line before we label him a failure.Clady or Baker are MUCH better picks

Bengals78
12-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Look don't get me wrong, I am a huge Croyle supporter since he was at Alabama, but I just don't see him as a long term starter

Scotty D
12-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Jenkins. You get my approval.

fenikz
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Rivers is to small to play anywhere in the 3-4 on a pro level, Dansby will more than likely be signed within a week as well, our biggest needs are CB, 3-4 OLB, and O-line depth give us Gholston or Harvey at that spot

Crazy_Chris
12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Thomas Decoud isn't worth #15 give the vikings Desean Jackson

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Decoud has actually been pretty damn good in coverage this year.Depending on the combine he could very easily be a first rounder.
Good Raiders pick and reasoning.I would have preffered Sedrick Ellis though.

Jakey
12-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Good pick for the Steelers!

Vikes99ej
12-01-2007, 06:20 PM
The Vikings pick makes Vikes99ej cry.

Xonraider
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Nice Raiders pick... I love it...

BUSH AND MCFADDEN IN '08

JT Jag
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
That is my DREAM first-round.

nemesis3394
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
ehh could do without decoud...another proven player could go there like jackson smith or gholston

Bengals78
12-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I plan on either adding rd 2 or updating this based on critiques of it soon. so hang tight

neko4
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
I plan on either adding rd 2 or updating this based on critiques of it soon. so hang tight
I'd critique it and give the packers Ikeguwonu or w/e his name is

Bengals78
12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
If I can't spell it he is not drafted...na I'm just kidding. I was thinking about it but CB is really deep this year.

iloxygenil
12-02-2007, 04:42 AM
If McFadden is on the boards at #3 when Atlanta is picking expect him to be wearing our Uniform. There's no denying the need at QB, but there's no denying the need for a power run game with Petrino's offense either. Its the main reason the offense can't function. No one is going to put 8 in the box to stop Dunn and Norwood isn't being given the chance to shoulder the load...mostly because Dunn hadn't reached his milestone yet (imo). But Brohm is the obvious pick here, but I think he could pull a Brady Quinn simply because a lot of people still say he's a system QB and well...it was Bobby's system. So, I think he'll end up slipping down the first round if the Falcons pass him over. Leaving Atlanta in the tough situation to trade back up into the first round with our 2 2nd round picks or just wait it out...but there's just no way to pass on McFadden.