PDA

View Full Version : Early, again...

Xonraider
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I guess this is pretty early, but what do you think about Chase Daniel? Every time I see him I think he gets better and better.

therock6000
12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
he does indeed look good...

too bad he'll need a step-ladder at the next level

Race for the Heisman
12-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I really like him, but I was unimpressed with a number of things yesterday. First, the little temper flares. Every quarterback has some way of expressing his displeasure, and I have no problem with that. But the way Chase reacted after a couple of incidents kind of soured me. He reminded me of Leaf (Ryan) that time when he snapped. Probably just a flash in the pan, though. That said, he seemed much more eager to make plays with his legs occasionally, which paid off sometimes, and screwed him on a couple of other plays where Oklahoma was waiting for it. Before this game I liked the fact that he showed what I like to call 'reactionary mobility,' that is he would wait until all options had been exhausted before running out. Yesterday was a bit different, and while he made some plays, for each good one he had one that cost his team points (not making it in the red zone). Otherwise, he's quick, solid (probably won't have to worry about durability), quite accurate, spreads the ball around well, and is great at play extension. I see him as an early second tops, much like Drew Brees, with his senior season affecting how much of his draft potential he fulfills (a bad season could see him go maybe as low as the fifth, although I doubt he goes that low).

Babylon
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
He should have a very good year next year with Macklin and Coffman coming back. Being that it is a relatively poor class of upperclassmen at the position next year should help also. The system and his height i think knock him down a notch.

jbeans187
12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
If he was 4 or 5 inches (6'3 or 6'4) taller he would be the top qb.

Turtlepower
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Extremely overrated. The prototypical system QB that has played in a pass-happy offense. They even changed the offense at Missouri just to cater to him to coming to the school. I see him not doing well in the NFL due to the above addressed as well as him not even being 6'0. He will probably get a lot of love and might even be picked in the 1st when all is said and done, but he really doesn't deserve that spot.

jbeans187
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Extremely overrated. The prototypical system QB that has played in a pass-happy offense. They even changed the offense at Missouri just to cater to him to coming to the school. I see him not doing well in the NFL due to the above addressed as well as him not even being 6'0. He will probably get a lot of love and might even be picked in the 1st when all is said and done, but he really doesn't deserve that spot.

He will have a challenge lining up under center and seeing over his line. But go back and look at some of the throws he has made this year, he is one of the most accurate qbs out there, Drew Brees did it. He has that knack for winning, hes a warrior that makes everyone around him better. I think hes a great qb that will be a very solid backup in the nfl and a 2nd round pick.

etk
12-04-2007, 10:18 AM
I guess this is pretty early, but what do you think about Chase Daniel? Every time I see him I think he gets better and better.

I think I want him to be Jeff's replacement in Tampa.

BuddyCHRIST
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't have him as a top prospect but he's someone I would take to develop for a year or two. The spread offense is a bit worry some but more teams in the NFL are spreading it out alot too. The height obviously is an issue but he has a great overall arm and a quick release.

Xonraider
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM

Don't you think he could possibly do well in a WCO?

Race for the Heisman
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I think I want him to be Jeff's replacement in Tampa.

Don't you think he could possibly do well in a WCO?

After seriously evaluating him, I thought two things:
1) He would definitely be worth the risk of a second or third for a WC team.
2) The Bucs should take him.

I then disregarded that last thought because even though it seems a match made in heaven from my perspective I couldn't see the franchise getting another quarterback, athough now that I reconsider, its really not that far-fetched considering Garcia's venerability, the system not being a perfect fit with Simms, and a number of other factors, too.

energizerbunny
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
He needs to prove himself a little more in the college ranks. He has some similarities to Drew Brees but he needs to improve in the pocket before he leaves Mizzou. Potential is there for the WCO but he isn't really making a tonne of NFL throws right now.

Turtlepower
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
There is a reason that the only QB under 6'0 in the NFL that can be used as an example is Drew Brees.

soybean
12-19-2007, 02:29 AM
so as everyone knows he filled out papers to be evaluated.

is it a dumb move for him to come out? how is a year gonna change anything it's not like he can grow 5 inches in a year.

Brent
12-19-2007, 08:43 AM
He's about 5'9" (5'10" at best). We played against him in HS; he's short and pudgy.

BeerBaron
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
i know daniels still shorter, but if they let rex grossman be a first round pick at all of 6'0 (hes prolly listed higher but thats a lie) then daniel should darn well be drafted somewhere and given a shot

Turtlepower
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Not only is he short, but he also has a 3/4 release.