PDA

View Full Version : Phil Loadholt

USAF Chief
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd like to compare notes on this guy with some of the more knowledgeable people concerning this guy after watching the rest of the OU/MU game.

I'd also like to hear everyone's opinions on him (especially Sooner fans who have seen him extensively during games)

If your watching the game, keep an eye on this guy as a possible true LT prospect and let me know after the game what you think.

Thanks.

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 10:10 PM
in the start of this game he struggled and as the game went on he became more conformable and now is playing like a top 10 pick. IMO, he needs a good LG because he likes to work with a LG to push players.

Smokey Joe
12-01-2007, 10:13 PM
well, I think he will stay, but rather his partner in crime, Duke Robinson, will declare.

toonsterwu
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I haven't gotten to watch much of this game ... was more interested in the WVU/PItt game ... Loadholt's intriguing and could make the push up ... but I still think he's 5th for OT's ... reminds me a bit of Max Starks ... that said, depending on his workouts, sure, I could see him rising ... looks like a heavy OL first round could be in store ... i can't remember a first round with 5/6 OL guys (I'm sure there is, none come to midn right now) ... and I could see that this year.

Forenci
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I know a lot of people have really fallen in love with this guy, myself included. I've seen him play on a few occasions and I think he's an absolutely beast. To be honest, I think he could be the best left tackle in this years draft if he were to decelare - which I'm not certain he will.

Incredible power, great run blocker and pass blocker. I think I prefer him to Baker and Long because he is a superb run and pass blocker. Long is more of a dominating run blocker who can pass block effectively and Baker is more of a finesse pass blocker who can run block effectively.

Sniper
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
He's so large....

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
He's so large....

huh?! whats so large? :D

BroadwayJoe10
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I could be off on this comparison, but he reminds me of bigger Marcus McNeil. He isn't as agile and his hand and footwork aren't as good as McNeils were at this point in college, but both are still impressive for his size. He's a more agile and technically sound Jared Gathier maybe?

The one thing I was planning on seeing this year, was him struggle against purely speed rushers. But this wasn't the case, he has excellent agility for his size. I figured becuase of his size he wouldnt be able handle the larger speed rushers and its still kinda tough to say becuase the smaller speed rushers in college he can just toss around like a rag doll (hyperbole), but when it comes to the NFL and you get guys like Freeney or Aaron Schobel who are speed rushers who have size he may struggle. But, everything that i have seen leads me to beleive he has the ability to handle anyone.

Like pakmann said he does enjoy having a big LG next to him, but I feel when he gets better footwork and technique his power alone will be able to compensate for a weaker LG next to him. But, any LT will benefit from playing next to a good LG.

I think with Sam Bradford only being a freshman and a relatively young team with a Legit Shot at making the Title game next year he may stay. But, if he does opt out I think due to the deep OT draft class he will fall to the 2nd round a team will end up with a true steal. It would behoove a team with a LT to still take him becuase he is also a nasty run blocker.

Sniper
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
huh?! whats so large? :D

http://i18.tinypic.com/6si83zd.jpg

P-L
12-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I haven't gotten to watch much of this game ... was more interested in the WVU/PItt game ... Loadholt's intriguing and could make the push up ... but I still think he's 5th for OT's ... reminds me a bit of Max Starks ... that said, depending on his workouts, sure, I could see him rising ... looks like a heavy OL first round could be in store ... i can't remember a first round with 5/6 OL guys (I'm sure there is, none come to midn right now) ... and I could see that this year.
1995 had 6 OL, 1996 had 8 OL, 1999 had 5 OL, and 2002 had 5 OL drafted in the 1st.

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM

lol

I may be wrong but I see a Chad Clifton type player in him.

BroadwayJoe10
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM

HAHA i can't beleive im seein this picture in this forum. I've been looking at this guy for the last 2 months in my Sociobio class. Woodzicka and Martinez, two researchers, used these guys as examples to show why people fake smiles and whether they know they do or not. Basically the results have shown that women tend to fake smiles more than men do and are more aware of these inclinations. Cause women try to appease and just do it when the become uncomfortable and GUYS smile when something amuses them. Basically just showing that guys are better haha. Sorry for the non-football post.

etk
12-02-2007, 12:25 PM
HAHA i can't beleive im seein this picture in this forum. I've been looking at this guy for the last 2 months in my Sociobio class. Woodzicka and Martinez, two researchers, used these guys as examples to show why people fake smiles and whether they know they do or not. Basically the results have shown that women tend to fake smiles more than men do and are more aware of these inclinations. Cause women try to appease and just do it when the become uncomfortable and GUYS smile when something amuses them. Basically just showing that guys are better haha. Sorry for the non-football post.

Fake smiles really piss me off. Pictures piss me off because everyone fake smiles.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Fake smiles really piss me off. Pictures piss me off because everyone fake smiles.
http://photo.net/bboard-uploads/00CrG2-24641384.jpg

You would have liked the 19th century.

This is their wedding photo btw.

foozball
12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
wow...must have been a magical day...you can just tell how happy they are

PACKmanN
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
http://photo.net/bboard-uploads/00CrG2-24641384.jpg

You would have liked the 19th century.

This is their wedding photo btw.

She must have needed that towel or whatever it is she holding.