PDA

View Full Version : Titus Brown, why isn't he ranked.

Smokey Joe
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I've been meaning to make a thread about him for a while but I just saw a post someone made about him and that reminded me...

40 tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 16 hurries, 2 FF, and 8 saacks, all while being double teamed. His is 6'3", 248, and can run a 40 around 4.7. Seems like he could be either a pass rushing end or 3-4 OLB to me.

I have NO IDEA why he isn't ranked.

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I've been meaning to make a thread about him for a while but I just saw a post someone made about him and that reminded me...

40 tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 16 hurries, 2 FF, and 8 saacks, all while being double teamed. His is 6'3", 248, and can run a 40 around 4.7. Seems like he could be either a pass rushing end or 3-4 OLB to me.

I have NO IDEA why he isn't ranked.

I agree, but it's probably going to change when Scott does his next major update. I'd say he's a 3rd-4th rounder.

BroadwayJoe10
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
i've only seen miss state once this year so it's tough to get a real idea, but from what i saw i too am surprised he hasn't been mentioned by anyone else. Didn't seem to have the greatest hand placement or footwork, but i think thats more because he relies on his athleticism. Now this is only from one game and some clips so take what i'm saying with a large grain of salt.

Now, I don't know how well he plays standing up compared to with a hand in the dirt but it seems like unless he adds 15ish pounds he is gonna be best suited as a 3-4 olb.

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
i've only seen miss state once this year so it's tough to get a real idea, but from what i saw i too am surprised he hasn't been mentioned by anyone else. Didn't seem to have the greatest hand placement or footwork, but i think thats more because he relies on his athleticism. Now this is only from one game and some clips so take what i'm saying with a large grain of salt.

Now, I don't know how well he plays standing up compared to with a hand in the dirt but it seems like unless he adds 15ish pounds he is gonna be best suited as a 3-4 olb.

Probably is. But he had outstanding #'s for being on a pathetic defensive Unit that only returned 1 starter... Titus.

He's probably the 2nd tier OLB Prospects.

1st: Gholston, Groves, Harvey
2nd: Robertson, Brown, Ellis

But I think with his raw athleticism and power he could be an outstanding OLB.

SuperKevin
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Probably is. But he had outstanding #'s for being on a pathetic defensive Unit that only returned 1 starter... Titus.

He's probably the 2nd tier OLB Prospects.

1st: Gholston, Groves, Harvey
2nd: Robertson, Brown, Ellis

But I think with his raw athleticism and power he could be an outstanding OLB.

Bruce Davis is a better OLB prospect than all of those guys you have in the 2nd tier.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I've had Titus as a 2nd round DE since the start of the college season. I love the guy and this season has only solidified that.

Scott's rankings are severely in need of an updating.

CARDIAC CAT 7
12-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Hes this years big 3-4 propsect unless Gholston or Harvey come out. Robertson may be more athletic than him and Groves may look more productive. Titus Brown has a mix of the two hes more athletic than Groves and put up similar numbers to Robertson while getting doulbe teamed all game long. I think hes a Late 1st/Early 2nd, unless hes more athletic than I thought.