PDA

View Full Version : Who is Going to the National Championship?

Pages : [1] 2

Shane P. Hallam
12-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Here is the thread to discuss.

OSU looks to be going.

Georgia?

LSU?

Virginia Tech?

Kansas?

Missouri?

HAWAII?

What do you think?

FreeBaGeL
12-01-2007, 10:44 PM
As much as I hate them, I say Georgia goes. They certainly look like the best of the bunch right now, and have been unstoppable since they started featuring Moreno. They have beaten 4 ranked teams, which is better than most of the rest of the teams being considered and far better than the team they'd be playing against, and they've rolled off 6 straight.

The only thing they have going against them is that they didn't win the SEC. Personally, I don't see why that matters at all. But if Georgia gets screwed over a totally intangible and ridiculous reason like that it will be all the sweeter to hear them cry.

The funny part of all this is that if USC ends up playing LSU or UGA in the Rose Bowl people are probably going to be more interested in that game than they will in the NC game.

P.S. Anyone that says Hawaii should jump off a bridge ;)

NYGibril28
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I think that the voters would have a hard time justifying putting Georgia in over LSU, and Kansas will likely get jumped by VaTech and LSU. I'm hoping VaTech can jump all the way to #2, but I think it'll be Ohio State vs. LSU...sadly

Forenci
12-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, there is no way Georgia will go, only because not only did they not win their conference, but they also didn't win their division - Tennessee did.

I think it'll be Ohio State and LSU.

Who would I want to see though? I'd love to see Virginia Tech and Hawaii. I know it would never happen, but considering this crazy season, I think Hawaii deserves and opportunity to prove themselves on the big stage and right now I think their offense can beat a majority of these top 25 teams.

Virginia Tech probably won't go because they lost big to LSU in the beginning of the season, so you would have to think LSU would be favored over them for that reason.

To be honest, I'm just happy that West Virginia didn't go, hah.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I've already changed my mind about 5 times, but I think it'll be LSU too.

Scarface
12-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Hawaii needs a chance they are undefeated. They are getting screwed over

Shane P. Hallam
12-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Here are my cases for and against each team (These do not reflect my views, but what I expect to be consensus. In no particular order...):

1. Ohio State-One of two one loss teams in the Top Ten, and only one to win their conference. Went to the NC last year and lost to a (probable) BCS team. On the other hand, the played a weak schedule, didn't have a signature win, and doesn't strike you as the best in the country.

2. Georgia-Hottest team right now, probably could take down ANY team in the top ten, including Ohio State and LSU. They are the highest ranked right now after Ohio State That being said, they didn't win their DIVISION. We've had teams go that didn't win their Conference, but NEVER their division.

3. LSU-Won (arguably) the hardest conference in the country. It took 6 Overtimes to get two losses, and basically won in a dominating fashion in the SEC Championship Game. Has great great athletes and often looked like the best in the country. But, they did lose to two (near) unranked teams and lost late, dropping down very far. Not as hot now as some.

4. Virginia Tech-Won their Conference and has consistently been in and around the top. Has gotten hot towards the end of the season, won in dominating fashion in their Championship Game. Only losses occurred when both teams (LSU and BC,) were #2 in the nation. Also avenged earlier loss to BC by beating them in the ACC Championship. On the other hand, they got dominated by LSU, and should they go over them? Played in a generally known weak ACC and may not have the full resume to be in the NC.

5. Kansas-Only other one loss team in the Top ten. Went undefeated for most the season before losing a one score game to Missouri on a neutral field. Has been a sleeper and turned heads. On the other hand, they played an incredibly weak schedule. Also, they did not win their division (See Georgia).

6. USC-Could make an argument for the hottest team in the country right now. Lost their games when injured and beat up, now they are healthy. Played in a respected Pac 10 with a lot of good, ranked teams. Losses were by a combined 8 points On the other hand, losing to Stanford and Oregon, one at home, is pretty bad. May be too little too late for USC.

7. Hawaii-Only undefeated left in D1 ball, have won every challenge sent at them. On the other hand, they in an EXTREMELY weak conference, have played close games against inferior teams, and would likely lose to any team in the Top Ten.

8. Missouri-Two loss team along with the rest of the Top Ten. Only lost to one team in the NCAA and has been dominating in many wins they have had. Went to the Big 12 Championship game, and beat a Top 5 team in Kansas. On the other hand, they lost by A LOT to Oklahoma, has not looked good the last few weeks, and never really had a major win other than against Kansas.

9. Oklahoma-Has come on hot at the end. Won the Big 12, a Conference with three Top Ten teams. Beat Missouri twice. When healthy, has been touted as one of the most talented teams in the country. Dominated the Big 12 Title game. Never lost a home game, and lost their two games by a combined 10 points. On the other hand, they lost to two unranked teams that have lost to other teams in the Top Ten. Did not look good in losses and don't have a quality win past Missouri.

10. West Virginia-Only lost two games in a reinvigorated Big East. Has been electric in wins and beaten many teams ranked at the time. Lost to a hot South Florida team away to start, and when healthy, may be one of the best offenses in the country. On the other hand, they had a loss to a horrible Pitt team, has gone hot and cold. Has a bad defense, and hasn't always been the strongest with turnovers.

I think it will be LSU vs. OSU after looking at all of this.

P-L
12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Ohio State
The Good
- Won the Big Ten outright
- Only 1 Loss

The Bad
- Only 1 win against BCS top 25
- Strength of Schedule is bottom third of all top 25 teams

Georgia
The Good
- Haven't lost since October 6th
- Hardest schedule of any 1 or 2 loss team

The Bad
- Didn't even win their division, in their conference
- Got blown by Tennessee, who lost in the SEC Championship Game

Louisiana State
The Good
- Conference Champion of best conference
- Both losses came in triple OT

The Bad
- Lost late in the season
- Both losses to unranked opponents

Virginia Tech
The Good
- Won last 5 games, 2 against ranked opponents, all by 12+ points
- Both losses came to teams ranked #2 at the time

The Bad
- Lost to LSU by 41 points
- USC, LSU, Georgia, and Arizona State all played tougher schedules

Kansas
The Good
- Only 1 loss
- Sole loss was to then ranked #3 Missouri

The Bad
- Among the BCS top 25, only Hawaii and Boise have played weaker schedules
- Lost late in the season

Oklahoma
The Good
- Beat Missouri twice
- In their second loss, starting QB Sam Bradford was knocked out of the game early

The Bad
- 4th weakest schedule of BCS top 25 teams
- Lost too far inferior opponents in Colorado and Texas Tech

I think OSU is in for sure. I think either LSU or Georgia gets the other spot.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Hawaii needs a chance they are undefeated. They are getting screwed over

So screwed over that they're down two touchdowns to the worst team in the Pac-10.

P-L
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
JBond, why do you have Missouri ranked ahead of Oklahoma when Oklahoma has not only beaten them twice, but just embarrassed them in the Big XII Championship Game?

Scarface
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
So screwed over that they're down two touchdowns to the worst team in the Pac-10.

exactly the refs are screwing them

Gatz
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
It'll be OSU v.s. Georgia/LSU.
very hard to call between Georgia and LSU, although I think LSU will end up being the team going because of their SEC title.

fenikz
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Is Georgia even allowed to go?

reading the rules on wiki and this line would eliminate them

"To compete in the championship the two teams must have won their conferences."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_Championship_Series

Shane P. Hallam
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
JBond, why do you have Missouri ranked ahead of Oklahoma when Oklahoma has not only beaten them twice, but just embarrassed them in the Big XII Championship Game?

I didn't rank anything, I just typed it out, it isn't a ranking.

themaninblack
12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
mark richt was just on ESPN and he said that you do not have to win your conference.

Shane P. Hallam
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
mark richt was just on ESPN and he said that you do not have to win your conference.

You don't. Nebraska and Oklahoma have both played for it and not won their conference, but it is hard to justify that, especially this year.

P-L
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Is Georgia even allowed to go?

reading the rules on wiki and this line would eliminate them

"To compete in the championship the two teams must have won their conferences."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_Championship_Series
You don't have to win your conference. Wikipedia is wrong, not surprisingly.

Billingsley26
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
That was pretty good and very accurate JBond93. Respects are given your way.

As for me....I think that:

1. OSU- Weak schedule, and won a weak division. Granted they played sound football, and won their conference. 1 loss team, but really hasnt been challenged, and when they were they lost. I cant see them in the NC, I dont they are deserving enough to be there.

2. LSU- Won the SEC. Only lost two games, and if they basically lost to guys more so than teams. Darren Mcfadden went buck on them, and Andre Woodson just about beat them himself. Still, 2 losses is 2 losses none the less. I think they deserve to be in the NC and should get strong consideration.

3. Georgia- Simple here, yea they are hot right now, and are ranked #4, but the bottom line is that no team can go to the NC and not win there division or conference

4. Kansas- I really like them, and the job they did this year....however, see above.

5. USC- They deserve consideration for this spot in the NC, however, the two losses hurt, but the fact that they got hot at the right time helps. They just might be a little too far out to get in.

6. Va Tech- Won the ACC beating BC convincingly. They had some troubles midseason with the QB's, but they have found a very nice groove using both of them. The defense is better than ever, and I think they deserve to be there. Might be the most deserving, ever over LSU, however the flat out beating by LSU might hold them back.

7. Hawaii- Yea ok, they are down 14 right now, but no way they get the love.

8. Missouri- Lost to OK twice, and got handled easily the 2nd time in the Big XII Finals. There is no way OK is lower then them. Missou needed this win to do it. They are officially out of the hunt.

9. Oklahoma- Won the Big XII convincingly, beat Missou twice. Lost two game by a combined 10 points. Deserves consideration for this spot. Might have the most complete team right now, with all things clicking. I dont see them making the jump over Va Tech or LSU, especially with losses to T Tech and COL.

10. West Virginia- Lost to Pitt today. Has been very inconsistent this year. I dont see any hope they get any consideration for the NC.

Game I would like to see- Va Tech vs. LSU

Game Most likely- OSU vs. LSU (the love and obsession for the SEC takes over)

FreeBaGeL
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Great breakdowns JBond93 and Patriots-Lions.

BuddyCHRIST
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
V Tech and LSU already played, even though they are both different teams than when they played, seeing teams play twice is lame. I have thought that OU looked like the best team all year and I'll stand by it. They were killing Colorado and shot themselves in the foot repeatedly in the 2nd half to lose. And they lost to Texas Tech when their QB went out in the first quarter, and still had a chance to win the game late. LSU has a more impressive resume but I've seen them play soo much this year and they are just so unimpressive. They've been skating by all year and are really being held back by Miles decision to start older players almost regardless. The team looks so much better when Perriloux is playing or when Keiland Williams is in at RB.

toonsterwu
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I tend to think LSU will get the shot.

As such (if Hawaii loses, which looks likely right now) ...

NC - OSU vs. LSU

Rose - USC vs. Georgia

Orange - Virginia Tech vs. Big 12 team (either Missouri or Kansas)

Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Arizona State

Sugar - West Virginia vs. Illinois

I really wonder if we'll get a co-champion this year. If OSU loses, I could see the AP voting in another team depending on how the other games shake out.

FreeBaGeL
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
LSU has a more impressive resume but I've seen them play soo much this year and they are just so unimpressive. They've been skating by all year and are really being held back by Miles decision to start older players almost regardless. The team looks so much better when Perriloux is playing or when Keiland Williams is in at RB.

While I tend to agree, people were saying almost the EXACT same thing about Michigan over Florida last year and we all saw how that turned out.

mqtirishfan
12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm jumping on the Bulldog bandwagon, simply because I think they deserve their shot. It's quite sad that Tennessee ruined all of this by beating UK and kicking Georgia out of the conference championship.

TCU
12-02-2007, 12:03 AM
---OU-LSU---

soybean
12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I think Georgia deserves it too, their last loss came on October 6th. You dont know how much they've matured as a team. Who's to say they wouldn't beat Tennessee or LSU now?

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 12:23 AM
I think Georgia deserves it too, their last loss came on October 6th. You dont know how much they've matured as a team. Who's to say they wouldn't beat Tennessee or LSU now?

That may true ... and I could see them getting in ... but I have a hard time giving a slot to a team that doesn't win it's own division let alone conference ... even if they lost early ... but it's possible ...

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 12:34 AM
That may true ... and I could see them getting in ... but I have a hard time giving a slot to a team that doesn't win it's own division let alone conference ... even if they lost early ... but it's possible ...

Here are my predictions for BCS Bowls

National Championship:

Ohio State vs. LSU

I think they work it out so Illinois and Georgia go to their conference Bowls.

Rose Bowl:

USC vs. Illinois (#1 pick)

Sugar Bowl:

Georgia (#2 pick) vs. Missouri (or Kansas, #5 pick)

Orange Bowl:

Virginia Tech (ACC Champ) vs. West Virginia (#3 Pick)

Fiesta Bowl:

Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ) vs. Hawaii (#4 pick)

Funny that if Hawaii wins this game now, It could bump them up to the Fiesta Bowl.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 12:38 AM
bond, you forgot wvu---prob orange

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 12:38 AM
bond, you forgot wvu---prob orange

Whoops that was heavily idiotic by me, my apologies.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 12:40 AM
That was pretty good and very accurate JBond93. Respects are given your way.

As for me....I think that:

1. OSU- Weak schedule, and won a weak division. Granted they played sound football, and won their conference. 1 loss team, but really hasnt been challenged, and when they were they lost. I cant see them in the NC, I dont they are deserving enough to be there.

I don't know about that... the big 10 had 8 bowl eligible teams this year.

Michigan
12-02-2007, 12:42 AM

You mean 10?

OSU 11-1
Mich 8-4
Wisc 9-3
Illi 9-3
PSU 8-4
Ind 7-5
MSU 7-5
Purdue 7-5
Iowa 6-6
NW 6-6

P-L
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
You mean 10?

OSU 11-1
Mich 8-4
Wisc 9-3
Illi 9-3
PSU 8-4
Ind 7-5
MSU 7-5
Purdue 7-5
Iowa 6-6
NW 6-6
Yeah, but Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Illinois are the only ones that really count.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
You mean 10?

OSU 11-1
Mich 8-4
Wisc 9-3
Illi 9-3
PSU 8-4
Ind 7-5
MSU 7-5
Purdue 7-5
Iowa 6-6
NW 6-6
you sir are correct. I think I got the no. of eligible teams mixed up with the no. of teams that are actually going to bowl games.

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM

Well the Conf USA has 6 that are bowl eligible...Im just saying that off that 8 PSU, MSU, IND, Purdue and Wisconsin have been up and down all year, and are not what I call premier opponents or really that tough of opponents. I could also make the same case for Michigan as well.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I tend to think LSU will get the shot.

As such (if Hawaii loses, which looks likely right now) ...

NC - OSU vs. LSU

Rose - USC vs. Georgia

Orange - Virginia Tech vs. Big 12 team (either Missouri or Kansas)

Sugar - West Virginia vs. Illinois

I really wonder if we'll get a co-champion this year. If OSU loses, I could see the AP voting in another team depending on how the other games shake out.

West Virginia has to go to the Orange Bowl, right?

I'm thinking:

NC: OSU vs. LSU
Rose: USC vs. Illinois
Orange: Va Tech vs. WVU

If Hawaii wins:
Fiesta: KU vs. OU
Sugar: Hawaii vs. Georgia

If Hawaii loses:
Fiesta: OU vs. ASU
Sugar: Georgia vs. KU

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
I've changed my mind... These are my final predictions. (But if Hawaii loses I get to do a quick modification!):

National Championship: Ohio St. vs. LSU
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Hawaii
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. WVU
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Missouri

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 12:52 AM
West Virginia has to go to the Orange Bowl, right?

I'm thinking:

NC: OSU vs. LSU
Orange: Va Tech vs. WVU

If Hawaii wins:
Fiesta: KU vs. OU
Sugar: Hawaii vs. Georgia

If Hawaii loses:
Fiesta: OU vs. ASU
Sugar: Georgia vs. KU
VT has to, but not WVU... however, it would be smart to make that matchup with VT and WVU because there is a bit of a rivalry there and I think that is a good matchup.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
if orange passes on wvu, then where would we go?

whats the picking order?

playoffs anytime soon?

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:00 AM

whats the picking order?

playoffs anytime soon?

Nothing can happen for a playoff until 2010. I think we get a +1 in 2010.

And the picking order is in my post above.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 01:05 AM

whats the picking order?

playoffs anytime soon?

It goes Orange/Fiesta/Sugar ... but with OSU in the NC ... Rose will get a pick ... and if LSU is in the title game, I think Sugar jumps up behind Rose in the picking order, and my guess is West Virginia goes there.

So playing it out, if LSU is in the NC

NC - LSU vs. OSU

guesses

Rose has USC and I think makes first pick.

First pick: Rose Georgia.
Second pick: Sugar WVU
3rd pick: Orange - VA TEch
4th pick: Fiesta - Oklahoma
5th pick: Orange - Big 12
6th pick: Fiesta - ASU
7th pick: Sugar - Illinois/Hawaii ...

I think ... too lazy to go to the BCS page to verify

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Haha, Toon and I have been going through all the scenarios in IRC...

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Cable Pulse 24 is reporting that OSU will not be going to the NC, but rather they have been placed to play USC in the Rose Bowl! I dont have a link right now, but I will get one...they say the info was leaked out.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Cable Pulse 24 is reporting that OSU will not be going to the NC, but rather they have been placed to play USC in the Rose Bowl! I dont have a link right now, but I will get one...they say the info was leaked out.

How the hell would they have any knowledge or determination of that?

LonghornsLegend
12-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Should make for some interesting bowl games...id love to see Georgia play USC, probably the two best teams right now, or oklahoma...i like those 3 teams right now, LSU should play tOSU, they deserve it

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm just wondering how the hell you can have Illinois going to a BCS bowl and not ASU. Please explain.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm just wondering how the hell you can have Illinois going to a BCS bowl and not ASU. Please explain.

Yeah, I don't have much explanation. My idea is probably shot to the ground, but if the Rose Bowl wants a traditional Big 10/Pac 10 match-up, they can easily get it, but that would have ASU on the outside looking in.

More likely, is Hawaii losing and both making it. That makes everything easier.

themaninblack
12-02-2007, 01:40 AM
les miles made a good point on ESPN earlier. is the bcs trying to put the best two TEAMS together? or the best two SEASONS? i think that makes a solid case for georgia(though im a homer i guess) because NO team has done what they have done in the 2nd half of the season. dropped 40 on Florida and Auburn at Auburn which does not happen.

neko4
12-02-2007, 02:08 AM
I'd love to see Georgia in, but i could see LSU skipping up to 2nd

FreeBaGeL
12-02-2007, 02:09 AM

Personally, I'm just wondering how Hawaii can go to a BCS game and not 50 other teams. This team is the biggest pile of absolute s*** that will ever play in a BCS bowl.

neko4
12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Personally, I'm just wondering how Hawaii can go to a BCS game and not 50 other teams. This team is the biggest pile of absolute s*** that will ever play in a BCS bowl.
Look at Boise st's 2006 sched, they didnt play a single ranked team other than oklahoma. They won close games @ Wyoming, home against Hawaii and @ San Jose St

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 02:13 AM
yea, at least utah and boise blew teams out

FreeBaGeL
12-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Look at Boise st's 2006 sched, they didnt play a single ranked team other than oklahoma. They won close games @ Wyoming, home against Hawaii and @ San Jose St

Boise St 2006 and Hawaii 2007 aren't even remotely comparable. Boise St didn't go to overtime with one of the worst football programs in D1 football of the last decade (La Tech), nor did they go to OT with another terrible sub-.500 team (SJSU). They also beat several BCS conference teams including Oregon State who finished I believe 3rd or 4th in the Pac 10 whereas Hawaii is going to need a miracle blown call by the officials to beat the last place team in the Pac 10 for their one and only win over a BCS conference team.

I stick by it. Even compared to 2006 Boise St, this year's Hawaii team is a total, steaming pile.

neko4
12-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Boise St 2006 and Hawaii 2007 aren't even remotely comparable. Boise St didn't go to overtime with one of the worst football programs in D1 football of the last decade (La Tech), nor did they go to OT with another terrible sub-.500 team (SJSU). They also beat several BCS conference teams including Oregon State who finished I believe 3rd or 4th in the Pac 10 whereas Hawaii is going to need a miracle blown call by the officials to beat the last place team in the Pac 10 for their one and only win over a BCS conference team.

I stick by it. Even compared to 2006 Boise St, this year's Hawaii team is a total, steaming pile.

I cant stress more how the weather can affect a team that passes alot. The weather in San Jose was terrible?
Also have you ever watched Hawaii's games? Its easy to judge a box score.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
i watched them now and they sucked

perfect year for a playoff----you have a couple teams making a claim for #2; 8 man playoff con. champs only would be awesome

FreeBaGeL
12-02-2007, 02:41 AM
Also have you ever watched Hawaii's games? Its easy to judge a box score.

I have watched quite a few Hawaii games this year. Otherwise I may have been willing to write off this awful, and quite lucky performance as a fluke. Having seen nearly half their games however, I can say with confidence that this was in fact no fluke and that this team is just downright bad.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 06:38 AM
There's a Sun-Times blurb that hints that the Big 10 has been promised Illinois in the Rose had OSU movd to the NC game. I don't like it, but if that happens, I think

NC - OSU vs. LSU
Rose - USC vs. Illinois
Orange - Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Sugar - Georgia vs. Hawaii

ugh, the games don't look as intriguing. I think the Fiesta may get more intrigued with ASU instead of Kansas/Missouri, and Hawaii likely gets an auto bid, meaning Kansas/Missouri fans may be left out in the lurch. It's possible that it's Big 12 that makes it and ASU on the outside looking in. The Illini getting in would really leave out a more deserving school, IMO, nothing against the Illini.

Ahh ... I didn't know about the right of first refusal rule that Mandel pointed out in his article on cnnsi right now. Thus, even though the Rose would get first bid, the Sugar can block their big on a SEC team. So this exponentially increases the Illini's chances, as I think they can make a more intriguing case than say, Kansas. The only other option would be West Virginia ... which is, undoubtedly, a tempting option, but probably not tempting enough.

Interesting - Mandel has the Orange taking Kansas before West Virginia, and has Arizona State dumped to the Holiday. Btw, Pac 10 needs better Bowl affiliations. ACC has the Gator Bowl as their number 3. I was thinking that a WVU vs. VA Tech matchup would be appealing in a border way.

BigJohn98
12-02-2007, 07:10 AM
God. Ohio State in another National Title. Have fun getting throttled again, Buckeye fans.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 08:25 AM
LSU vs. Oklahoma would be my ideal matchup. LSU has widely been considered the best team in College Football for the past 2 seasons. Oklahoma is insanely talanted. I think right these are the best two teams in college football.

Michigan
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm still going with OSU vs. Georgia. Georgia didn't win their conference, but in my eyes they are the hottest team in the nation and can beat anyone in the top 10.

OSUGiants17
12-02-2007, 09:17 AM
the only team on ur list that can beat OSU is LSU, so I'm saying LSU v OSU

RoyHall#1
12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I think it has to be OSU-Georgia.

Scotty D
12-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Would a plus one even make anyone happy this year? There would still be problems.

RoyHall#1
12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm very happy with the BCS format. The only thing I hate about it is the long layoff between the season and big games.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Well OSU is in. The other contenders all have 2 losses, so it's VERY easy to say why they shouldn't go. Georgia didn't win the SEC and LSU did and they both have 2 losses, but then again Georgia never played LSU. But LSU beat Va Tech. You can make an argument for either one, but logic says LSU should go.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 10:07 AM
the only team on ur list that can beat OSU is LSU, so I'm saying LSU v OSU

That's my assessment too. LSU has the tools to beat OSU, Georgia would not be as hard a game even though they are hot right now and can run on anybody. But that defensive line and Jacob Hester and LSU's passing game are better than Georgia's.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm a bit slow... could someone tell me what a plus 1 is?

P-L
12-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I think they've got put LSU in the title game. The have the same number of losses as Georgia and they actually won the SEC, while Georgia didn't even win the division. And honestly, I truly believe if it wasn't that cheap shot on Glenn Dorsey in the Auburn game, LSU would be the consensus #1 team in the nation.

P-L
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm a bit slow... could someone tell me what a plus 1 is?
Four team playoff.

Komp
12-02-2007, 10:19 AM
What a disaster. LSU should get the nod to play OSU in the NC game. Both of their losses were in OT and I don't see how one could put VTech or Georgia in ahead of them. USC possibly, but that loss to Stanford is a big ugly scar on their resume. What a strange year we've had in college football.

OhioState
12-02-2007, 10:36 AM
That's my assessment too. LSU has the tools to beat OSU, Georgia would not be as hard a game even though they are hot right now and can run on anybody. But that defensive line and Jacob Hester and LSU's passing game are better than Georgia's.

really? I think that LSU has one terrible passing game and that georiga would be a harder game. LSU really hasn't impressed since they play Va Tech and if Eric Ainge didn't suck they would have lost last night

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes, LSU was very close to losing that game last night, but it doesn't matter if they had 4 losses. My point is just that I think LSU matches up better against us. I agree that LSU has not been impressive the past month or two. I think we have a great chance to beat any of those 2 loss teams. As long as there's no Harvey/Moss defensive end tandem we face.

BTW, your little line in yer sig "Ohio State Will ride domination defense to the National Championship this season." that's been there since the summer I think turns out to be pretty much right.

Xiomera
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Would a plus one even make anyone happy this year? There would still be problems.

Yeah, its hard enough to pick two teams when all appear to be equally flawed. Having to pick 4 teams for a playoff this year just makes more teams unhappy for not being chosen.

OSU, LSU, USC, UGA would be my picks, but OU, WVU, KU, Hawaii, and Va Tech would all have legitimate arguments to make as to why they should be among the four.

Komp
12-02-2007, 11:12 AM
OU did look very dominant last night. I think if there was to be a 4 man playoff it would include OSU, LSU, USC and OU. Damn that would be sweet.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Disregarding who everyone thinks should go, who WILL go? I've read LSU or Georgia to play tOSU depending on the sports website. Who is the favorite? UGA was ranked #4 and LSU was about 6th I think in the BCS before yesterday.

RoyHall#1
12-02-2007, 11:21 AM
OU did look very dominant last night. I think if there was to be a 4 man playoff it would include OSU, LSU, USC and OU. Damn that would be sweet.

That would be, but Georgia and VT fans would be rightfully pissed. A 4-team playoff definitely would not solve many problems this year.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
There's a Sun-Times blurb that hints that the Big 10 has been promised Illinois in the Rose had OSU movd to the NC game. I don't like it, but if that happens, I think

NC - OSU vs. LSU
Rose - USC vs. Illinois
Orange - Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia

ugh, the games don't look as intriguing. I think the Fiesta may get more intrigued with ASU instead of Kansas/Missouri, and Hawaii likely gets an auto bid, meaning Kansas/Missouri fans may be left out in the lurch. It's possible that it's Big 12 that makes it and ASU on the outside looking in. The Illini getting in would really leave out a more deserving school, IMO, nothing against the Illini.

Ahh ... I didn't know about the right of first refusal rule that Mandel pointed out in his article on cnnsi right now. Thus, even though the Rose would get first bid, the Sugar can block their big on a SEC team. So this exponentially increases the Illini's chances, as I think they can make a more intriguing case than say, Kansas. The only other option would be West Virginia ... which is, undoubtedly, a tempting option, but probably not tempting enough.

Interesting - Mandel has the Orange taking Kansas before West Virginia, and has Arizona State dumped to the Holiday. Btw, Pac 10 needs better Bowl affiliations. ACC has the Gator Bowl as their number 3. I was thinking that a WVU vs. VA Tech matchup would be appealing in a border way.

The Fiesta Bowl has said publicly that it will KU-OU if they get the chance

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
^^^^

toonster

I like the play out. In fact I think the Rose Bowl is pretty interesting, and I think the same about the Orange Bowl. The Fiesta and Sugar both interest me as well. All of them more than the NC which really doesnt interest me.

Geo
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Screw it, I say let's have an LSU/Georgia NCG. Sorry Ohio State, you're 11-1 but your schedule is weaksauce. When asking for a signature win means you're left scrambling to say at Michigan, Wisconsin, or at Penn State, you really have no place in the NCG. Especially when you're best out-of-conference win is at Washington. GTFO pls.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.tellshowbcs.com/

These rankings, which are usually pretty spot on, have a OSU-VT championship

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Screw it, I say let's have an LSU/Georgia NCG. Sorry Ohio State, you're 11-1 but your schedule is weaksauce. When asking for a signature win means you're left scrambling to say at Michigan, Wisconsin, or at Penn State, you really have no place in the NCG. Especially when you're best out-of-conference win is at Washington. GTFO pls.

I actually do not mind that all. I would be happy with the NC if that was it.

BigJohn98
12-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, LSU was very close to losing that game last night, but it doesn't matter if they had 4 losses. My point is just that I think LSU matches up better against us. I agree that LSU has not been impressive the past month or two. I think we have a great chance to beat any of those 2 loss teams. As long as there's no Harvey/Moss defensive end tandem we face.

BTW, your little line in yer sig "Ohio State Will ride domination defense to the National Championship this season." that's been there since the summer I think turns out to be pretty much right.

Of course they rode their D. No one in the Big 10 has an offense.

Scotty D
12-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I will not watch a national championship game that has Sean Glennon starting.

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I will not watch a national championship game that has Sean Glennon starting.

I will not watch a National Championship game that has Todd Boeckman starting.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.tellshowbcs.com/

These rankings, which are usually pretty spot on, have a OSU-VT championship

Here are my predictions for BCS Bowls if those BCS rankings are correct

National Championship:

Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech

Rose Bowl:

USC vs. Illinois

Sugar Bowl:
LSU vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl:

Georgia vs. West Virginia

Fiesta Bowl:

Oklahoma vs. Kansas

SubNoize
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Here are my predictions for BCS Bowls if those BCS rankings are correct

National Championship:

Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech

Rose Bowl:

USC vs. Illinois

Sugar Bowl:
LSU vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl:

Georgia vs. West Virginia

Fiesta Bowl:

Oklahoma vs. Kansas

what a horrible bowl series if that's right, I probably wouldn't catch many of those games...

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Hey, out of curiousity, when did Junker make that comment? I've been skimming through articles, and all i've seen is stuff on how they would consider a Oklahoma-Kansas matchup, nothing definite. Anyone got a link to save me time? The reasoning makes sense, though. Kansas fans would bring in money from traveling, whereas ASU fans might not. It all comes down to money (which makes me wonder if WVU would be a more exciting opponent than Illinois in the Rose, but sure looks like the Illini in the Rose).

adschofield
12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey, out of curiousity, when did Junker make that comment? I've been skimming through articles, and all i've seen is stuff on how they would consider a Oklahoma-Kansas matchup, nothing definite. Anyone got a link to save me time?

"We've said that if there is an opportunity to match Oklahoma and Kansas we would do it if the Big 12, Oklahoma and Kansas are OK with it," Fiesta vice-president Shawn Schoeffler said Thursday night.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/kansas/18062366.htm

Geo
12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
How it should be imo:

BCS Championship Game
LSU vs. Georgia

Rose Bowl
Ohio State vs. Southern Cal

Sugar Bowl
West Virginia vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs. Illinois

dabears10
12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
How it should be imo:

BCS Championship Game
LSU vs. Georgia

Rose Bowl

Sugar Bowl
West Virginia vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs. Illinois

Switch Kansas and West Virginia and thats 4 games I'd love to watch and another high scoring affair in the other.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Pleeeeeeeease, if you lose two games you should never get in over a 1-loss Ohio State team ever no matter who we played. Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan State aren't any worse than Tennessee (Cal's b***), S.Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, etc. SEC is better than the big ten, just because they have more depth (better bottom teams) and they have 3 teams in OSU's level.

Va Tech doesn't deserve to go over an LSU team who beat them by 30 having the same record.

etk
12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
If LSU gets in the title game....I will cry. OSU will spank them anyway so I guess I shouldn't care.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Does anybody know when the human polls come out

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 12:45 PM
The AP and Coaches are already out. OSU #1, LSU#2, OKlahoma #3, Georgia #4 in both. AP is not a BCS poll. Sagarin has Va Tech #1.............it's gonna be Ohio STate vs LSU in the NC I can almost guarantee right now though.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 12:48 PM
There we go toon. I was preaching Illinois in the Rose Bowl. I still don't see how ASU gets in over Kansas/Missouri though, especially after seeing that AP Poll.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I really, really want to see WVU vs. Hawaii. I really want to see spread pass vs. spread run. That'd be an intriguing contrast. Just not sure I see it happening, as I'll be surprised if Sugar passes on Georgia.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
There we go toon. I was preaching Illinois in the Rose Bowl. I still don't see how ASU gets in over Kansas/Missouri though, especially after seeing that AP Poll.

Yeah, I didn't know about the right of first refusal rule that the Sugar Bowl holds on a 2nd SEC team. In that case, Illinois makes some sense, although I still believe that Georgia in the Rose would create the most intriguing matchups for all the bowls. But eh, that doesn't look like it's happening.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
if illinois doesnt get in, who does?

adschofield
12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
if illinois doesnt get in, who does?

That means that Georgia will go to the Rose Bowl, and ASU will go to the Sugar Bowl (???)

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
The Rose wants Illinois, Sugar would take UGA to replace LSU.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
That means that Georgia will go to the Rose Bowl, and ASU will go to the Sugar Bowl (???)

If Illinois doesn't get in, it comes down to whether or not the Sugar would block Georgia from the Rose. Mandel pointed that rule out, which I didn't know. My guess is that the Sugar (what is it now, Allstate Sugar?) would keep Georgia. Thus, my guess, if Illinois misses

NC - OSU vs. LSU
Rose - USC vs. West Virginia (could be a good, exciting game)
Orange - Virginia Tech vs. Kansas
Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. Arizona State (if Kansas is off, ASU makes the most sense, as Hawaii doesn't seem like a moneymaker)

Hmm, just read the Brad Edwards projections (free)

NC - OSU vs. LSU
Rose - USC vs. Illinois
Orange - Va Tech vs. Kansas
Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. WVU

From a money making perspective, this might make a ton of sense for the Orange and Fiesta. If Kansas travels as well as many seem to think, that would be a lot of money made down there, and WVU traveling to the Fiesta might do the same. From a game slate perspective, bleh. Maybe I'm wrong, but these games don't intrigue me.

diabsoule
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Man, LSU does not deserve to play in the NC.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Man, LSU does not deserve to play in the NC.

Who does? That's the problem, no one does.

P-L
12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
How it should be imo:

BCS Championship Game
LSU vs. Georgia

Rose Bowl

Sugar Bowl
West Virginia vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs. Illinois
I think these are the best possible Bowl match-ups, although I do agree with OSU fans that it is unfair to keep them out of the National Championship Game.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Who does? That's the problem, no one does.

no one...just end the season with out a NC and just play random bowl games...or pull the name of the best team in the country out of a hat, that would be a better determinant this year

Geo
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Hmm, just read the Brad Edwards projections (free)

NC - OSU vs. LSU
Rose - USC vs. Illinois
Orange - Va Tech vs. Kansas

From a money making perspective, this might make a ton of sense for the Orange and Fiesta. If Kansas travels as well as many seem to think, that would be a lot of money made down there, and WVU traveling to the Fiesta might do the same. From a game slate perspective, bleh. Maybe I'm wrong, but these games don't intrigue me.
I believe the order of selection goes Orange/Fiesta/Sugar, and if so, I'm not sure the Orange Bowl would take Kansas over West Virginia. Strange.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Man, if the Fiesta Bowl does not pick ASU, I will seriously go there and picket.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
I believe the order of selection goes Orange/Fiesta/Sugar, and if so, I'm not sure the Orange Bowl would take Kansas over West Virginia. Strange.

It does ... Edwards argument was that the ending to WVU's season was so deflating that it might convince the Orange Bowl to go with Kansas. Personally, I think WVU vs. VA Tech makes more sense.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
my hopeful predictions:

BCS Champ.
OSU vs Hawaii

Rose Bowl
ASU vs USC

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs Kansas

Orange Bowl
WV vs VTech

Sugar Bowl
LSU vs Georgia

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM
my hopeful predictions:

BCS Champ.
OSU vs Hawaii

Rose Bowl
ASU vs USC

Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma vs Kansas

Orange Bowl
WV vs VTech

Sugar Bowl
LSU vs Georgia

Wow, three games that are in-conference. That's weird. I wouldn't mind playing USC again, I don't think we'll win, but I think we could make it closer.

dabears10
12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Pretty sure its just to show the BCS as a joke.

Geo
12-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I think these are the best possible Bowl match-ups, although I do agree with OSU fans that it is unfair to keep them out of the National Championship Game.
Jim Tressel is one of my favorite coaches in football period, and I like to see the Buckeyes do well, but I just can't put them in the NCG with that schedule. I'm sorry, they dropped the ball out of conference. The only two teams I really hold of merit from the Big Ten this season are Ohio State and Illinois, and Ohio State lost to Illinois at home unsurprisingly despite having the NC in front of them.

If they had played Oregon early like Michigan did and won, I'd campaign from them as much as anyone. But they get what they deserve, an excellent "consolation prize" in a Rose Bowl against Southern Cal. That's a darn good bowl/result.

Scarface
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Hawaii should be in the national championship now because they proved themselves with a comeback against washington.

It should be OSU-Hawaii and colt brennon should win heisman

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Hawaii should be in the national championship now because they proved themselves with a comeback against washington.

It should be OSU-Hawaii and colt brennon should win heisman

You do realize that Washington was the 10th place team in the PAC-10... I'm not knocking Hawaii because they should be in a BCS bowl, but to say that Washington proved who they are is not true. Whoever they play in their bowl game will prove who they are.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
oh, and to throw another wrench into the BCS mix, ND did get that elusive 3rd win 3 weeks ago, automatically qualifying them for a BCS game because they need 3 wins and to be top 90 in standings in order to qualify per their contract...sorry no link but it's pretty much the unwritten rule of college football

diabsoule
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
oh, and to throw another wrench into the BCS mix, ND did get that elusive 3rd win 3 weeks ago, automatically qualifying them for a BCS game because they need 3 wins and to be top 90 in standings in order to qualify per their contract...sorry no link but it's pretty much the unwritten rule of college football

I hope that happens just so I can hear another Lou Holtz pep talk.

RockJock07
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
After reading Edwards picks I'm shocked that the Orange Bowl would take a Kansas team. They MAY travel well, but the Orange bowl match-ups have been jokes the last couple of year and VA tech would beat Kansas by 3 TD's. Awful selection if that's the way it will end up.

Secondly, very interesting Rose bowl and Fiesta Bowl. OU/WVU I think would be fun, two very different styles. And USC and Illinois, also two very different styles aswell as Hawaii and Georgia.

However, IMO i think the NC should be OSU and Va Tech. I'm in the minority about putting Va. Tech in but everyone is talking about how hot USC and UGA are, but Va. Tech is just as hot and I would put them into the NC game over LSU even with the early season beat down by the tigers. You have to look at that LSU/VA tech game as a fluke, because VA tech's Defense has just played out of their mind for the most of the season. The only thing you can argue Va Tech about is that loss to BC. BC is about as overrated as Kansas is and hurts VA. Tech's position for the NC slot.

overall, a LSU/OSU NC game would be quite an average game with OSU probably winning but I think this season, BCS aside, has been very exciting. WVU should cease to exist after the egg they laid yesterday, awful display of football, I know Pitt is on the rise but to only score 9 points, awful.

RoyHall#1
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Jim Tressel is one of my favorite coaches in football period, and I like to see the Buckeyes do well, but I just can't put them in the NCG with that schedule. I'm sorry, they dropped the ball out of conference. The only two teams I really hold of merit from the Big Ten this season are Ohio State and Illinois, and Ohio State lost to Illinois at home unsurprisingly despite having the NC in front of them.

If they had played Oregon early like Michigan did and won, I'd campaign from them as much as anyone. But they get what they deserve, an excellent "consolation prize" in a Rose Bowl against Southern Cal. That's a darn good bowl/result.

When the Washington game was scheduled, I'm guessing OSU thought they would be better than they are.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
"Missouri preparing for Cotton Bowl Invite"

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/386454.html

adschofield
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
More speculation by ESPN

Allstate BCS National Championship Game
Ohio State (Big Ten champ) vs. LSU (SEC champ)

The Rose Bowl Game Presented by Citi
USC (Pac-10 champ) vs. Illinois (at-large)

Allstate Sugar Bowl Georgia (at-large) vs. Hawaii (at-large)

FedEx Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech (ACC champ) vs. Kansas (at-large)

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma (Big 12 champ) vs. West Virginia (Big East champ)

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
illinois might not be in the top 12

theyre 13 in coaches

adschofield
12-02-2007, 02:59 PM

theyre 13 in coaches

It doesn't matter what they're ranked...the Rose Bowl can take them regardless...the top 12 rule only applies to non-BCS schools

Scotty D
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Now I'd pay money to see WVU play Hawaii.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM

theyre 13 in coaches

You have to be top-14 to be eligable for an at-large bid.

fenikz
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
It doesn't matter what they're ranked...the Rose Bowl can take them regardless...the top 12 rule only applies to non-BCS schools

that would make them the 1st selected at large bid, they don't even deserve to be in a bcs game let alone the rose bowl

adschofield
12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
that would make them the 1st selected at large bid, they don't even deserve to be in a bcs game let alone the rose bowl

I agree, but it's not against the rules, sadly

dabears10
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Kansas doesn't deserve a BCS bowl any more than UofI.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
is the top 14 rule in effect? i thought it was top 12, but there was a rule that made it top 14

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
is the top 14 rule in effect? i thought it was top 12, but there was a rule that made it top 14

No, there is a top-14 rule, but next year it will be top-18 ONLY IF there are eligible teams in the top-14.

Top-12 is ONLY for non-BCS conference teams.

This system is just plainly stupid.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
so, illinois only has to be top 12?

why do the rules have to be so confusing?

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
so, illinois only has to be top 12?

why do the rules have to be so confusing?

Illinois only has to be top-14 to get an at large bid.

A Non-BCS conference team (i.e. Hawaii, Boise State) have to be top-12.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Illinois just has to be Top 14, and they are.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
they'res goin to be some bad bowl games

adschofield
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I've been reading on scout.com's Kansas message board, and some poster claims that he has an insider who says Kansas in the Fiesta Bowl...I'm skeptical, so take it for what's it worth

adschofield
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
My New projections:

Fiesta: Kansas vs. OU
Sugar: Hawaii vs. W. Virginia
Orange: Va Tech vs. Georgia
National Championship: OSU vs. LSU

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 04:12 PM
You won't have two Big 12 teams face off in the Fiesta, I just doubt that.

Anyway, the Coaches Poll put LSU at 2.

My final predictions are:

OSU vs. LSU in Nat.

USC vs. Illinois in Rose

Virginia Tech vs. Kansas in Orange

Georgia vs. Hawaii in Sugar

Oklahoma vs. West Virginia in Fiesta

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
id want to play anyone but hawaii

its a no win situation

you lose, you lost to a bad hawaii team
you win, wow you beat a bad hawaii team

D-Unit
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM

OSU vs. LSU in Nat.

USC vs. Illinois in Rose

Yeah, I agree with that, but I hope OU makes it instead of LSU.

D-Unit
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM

its a no win situation

That IS the reputation. I won't disagree. It's the exact same reason why it was difficult to schedule opponents for Hawaii this year. No one wanted to play Colt in his senior year. This is a fact.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM

its a no win situation

You won't. With Georgia almost sure to go to the Sugar Bowl now, that puts on team auto in each bowl. I could see WVU going to any of the 4 now though.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
i hope either orange or rose; those are the only 2 will go to

adschofield
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
OSU vs. LSU in NC

USC vs. Illinois in Rose Bowl

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bcs3dec03,1,710352.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I hate the BCS!!!!!

-All ASU fans, players, coaches, etc.

YAYareaRB
12-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I just don't want another repeat of last year's national championship with an overrated Ohio State team.. YESSSSSS FLAME ME!

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I sorry Illini Fans, but Illinois does not deserve to be in a BCS bowl over ASU. Simple as that.

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 05:00 PM
usc vs illinois-----bad game; usc should win easily
osu vs lsu----doesnt really get me excited; seems kinda boring

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I sorry Illini Fans, but Illinois does not deserve to be in a BCS bowl over ASU. Simple as that.

I agree...ASU is the better team IMO and conference co-champ, and got shafted...but then again, another big 10 team in a BCS game = more money for Iowa so WOOOOOO

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by fenikz

Let alone the Rose Bowl? The Rose Bowl was made for the Big Ten and the Pac 10. That's the whole point of the ******* game.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM

Arizona State hasn't beat a single good team all year. The best is probably Oregon State and that's when they weren't playing very well. Maybe Cal but we all saw how low Cal got.

The Pac Ten ended up being a lot worse than people thought it would be.

YAYareaRB
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM

It was just a matter of winning the right games and losing the wrong ones for ASU..

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Let alone the Rose Bowl? The Rose Bowl was made for the Big Ten and the Pac 10. That's the whole point of the ******* game.

And the Fiesta Bowl was originally created by ASU when we were in the WAC. Does that mean that it should be ASU vs. Hawaii?

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
And the Fiesta Bowl was originally created by ASU when we were in the WAC. Does that mean that it should be ASU vs. Hawaii?

That's your argument?

The Rose Bowl has more tradition than every other bowl combined.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM

except for the fact that the Rose Bowl is the most traditional bowl by a long shot out of any bowl, and over the years have tried to keep the Big 10-Pac 10 matchup as much as possible, unless there is a bigger draw (i.e. Texas instead of Cal in 04)...people severely underestimated for the last 2-3 weeks that the Rose Bowl keeps that matchup when at all possible

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Arizona State hasn't beat a single good team all year. The best is probably Oregon State and that's when they weren't playing very well. Maybe Cal but we all saw how low Cal got.

The Pac Ten ended up being a lot worse than people thought it would be.

As is evident by this year, rankings mean absolutely nothing. A team can be ranked #1 and then get their asses handed to them the next week.

ASU's SOS: 29
Illinois' SOS: 41

ASU's Record: 10-2
Illinois's Record: 9-3

So what if Illinois has more "notable" wins. How do we know those wins are notable with how crazy the rankings have been this year?

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
That's your argument?

The Rose Bowl has more tradition than every other bowl combined.

Yeah, you are right about that. But won't this be just another year where the Big 10 will be creamed by a PAC-10 team?

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, you are right about that. But won't this be just another year where the Big 10 will be creamed by a PAC-10 team?

As opposed to ASU playing USC and gretting creamed again?

At least this creaming hasn't been seen before.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM

hopefully...Illinois likes balls in their face and it would put their fans in their place so I won't have to hear from my friends at Illinois about how amazing their team is

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
As opposed to ASU playing USC and gretting creamed again?

At least this creaming hasn't been seen before.

ASU should probably be in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma. Will we lose, probably? But we have a better record, better SOS, and we are in an arguably better conference (I really don't put much stock in this though, because every conference has looked bad this year).

sweetness34
12-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Glad you feel that way. We're the only school to beat two top 5 teams this year...

September 1 San Jose State W 45-3 1-0 (0-0)
September 8 Colorado W 33-14 2-0 (0-0)
September 15 San Diego State W 34-13 3-0 (0-0)
September 22 Oregon State W 44-32 4-0 (1-0)
September 29 at Stanford W 41-3 5-0 (2-0)
October 6 at Washington State W 23-20 6-0 (3-0)
October 13 Washington W 44-20 7-0 (4-0)
October 27 No. 21 California W 31-20 8-0 (5-0)
November 3 at No. 5 Oregon L 35-23 8-1 (5-1)
November 10 at UCLA W 24-20 9-1 (6-1)
November 22 No. 11 USC L 44-24 9-2 (6-2)
December 1 Arizona

You have won win against a ranked team....And they aren't ranked anymore. We beat the #1 team in the Nation.

sweetness34
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
hopefully...Illinois likes balls in their face and it would put their fans in their place so I won't have to hear from my friends at Illinois about how amazing their team is

Oh shut up. You're not going to root for the Big 10 in this? Get over it.

We do have a good team, capable of beating anyone. But I'm not about to start gloating about anything. And I don't know where you're at but my fellow Illini fans that I know are just on a high right now from this season. We aren't talking crap, nor are we rubbing anything in.

Simply put, we're been damn good this year and we have every right to be confident about our team. And we have every right to be in the Rose Bowl.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Glad you feel that way. We're the only school to beat two top 5 teams this year...

September 1 San Jose State W 45-3 1-0 (0-0)
September 8 Colorado W 33-14 2-0 (0-0)
September 15 San Diego State W 34-13 3-0 (0-0)
September 22 Oregon State W 44-32 4-0 (1-0)
September 29 at Stanford W 41-3 5-0 (2-0)
October 6 at Washington State W 23-20 6-0 (3-0)
October 13 Washington W 44-20 7-0 (4-0)
October 27 No. 21 California W 31-20 8-0 (5-0)
November 3 at No. 5 Oregon L 35-23 8-1 (5-1)
November 10 at UCLA W 24-20 9-1 (6-1)
November 22 No. 11 USC L 44-24 9-2 (6-2)
December 1 Arizona

You have won win against a ranked team....And they aren't ranked anymore. We beat the #1 team in the Nation.

But Illinois is 9-3, and ASU is 10-2. Simple as that. Should a team lower in the rankings with more loses be chosen in front of us? We may have no quality wins, but how many teams truly do this year? Does OSU have one? What about Hawaii? Even WVU doesn't have a quality win now that eveything is said and done. I think you have to throw the rankings out of the window this year just because of how much people have jumped around in the standings.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Oh shut up. You're not going to root for the Big 10 in this? Get over it.

We do have a good team, capable of beating anyone. But I'm not about to start gloating about anything. And I don't know where you're at but my fellow Illini fans that I know are just on a high right now from this season. We aren't talking crap, nor are we rubbing anything in.

Simply put, we're been damn good this year and we have every right to be confident about our team. And we have every right to be in the Rose Bowl.

no because you obviously don't understand my hatred for Illinois...maybe if you had over 100 people you know/went to school with that now go to a school you hate and everytime you see any of them all they try to do is start an argument about how their school is better at everything, then maybe you would understand

Illinois is a good team this year and has a chance to win no doubt, I just hate their fans

I really want to see Georgia vs. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl because Georgia is rolling right now and I would love to see them trounce Hawaii :)

sweetness34
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
But Illinois is 9-3, and ASU is 10-2. Simple as that. Should a team lower in the rankings with more loses be chosen in front of us? We may have no quality wins, but how many teams truly do this year? Does OSU have one? What about Hawaii? Even WVU doesn't have a quality win now that eveything is said and done. I think you have to throw the rankings out of the window this year just because of how much people have jumped around in the standings.

You have ZERO wins against ranked teams right now, we have 2.

The Rose Bowl has always chosen a Big 10 vs Pac-10 Matchup, so tradition is another factor.

sweetness34
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM

Ohio State beat Michigan, they beat Wisconsin, they beat Penn State. Those are quality wins.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Ohio State beat Michigan, they beat Wisconsin, they beat Penn State. Those are quality wins.

I guess it is pointless to argue what is a quality win or not until we get to bowl games. I think that Penn State and Wisconsin have a good chance of being exposed and dominated in their bowl game.

I really don't hold anything against Illinois because I like their team, but what I do hate is this system that forces a 3 loss team to be chosen above a 2 loss team.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Wisconsin is gonna roll over Tennessee in the Outback, they have the SEC's number. I think they lost to Auburn in 2003, but other than that they're pretty solid in the OUtback and Cap 1. Florida will destroy Michigan of course, I disown them. You know despite the media blowing smoke, the Big Ten is 10-9 vs the SEC and 8-6 in bowls.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Barring some huge surprise this is gonna be the BCS
OSU vs LSU
USC vs Illinois
WVU vs Oklahoma
Hawaii vs UGA
VT vs KU

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Wisconsin is gonna roll over Tennessee in the Outback, they have the SEC's number. I think they lost to Auburn in 2003, but other than that they're pretty solid in the OUtback and Cap 1. Florida will destroy Michigan of course, I disown them. You know despite the media blowing smoke, the Big Ten is 10-9 vs the SEC and 8-6 in bowls.

I think PJ Hill rolls in that game...plus after watching the SEC Champ, Erik Ainge will throw atleast 3 picks

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM

I agree with you on Florida vs. Michigan, but I think it will be closer then people think because of how porous Florida's defense is. As for Wisconsin, I have to disagree. I think Tennessee is being underrated. They did blow out this supposedly amazing Georgia team everyone is raving about and won the SEC East.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
The Rose Bowl has always chosen a Big 10 vs Pac-10 Matchup, so tradition is another factor.

No it hasn't...It's chosen Big 12 teams several times

adschofield
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Rumor floating around on message boards that cite a source within the ASU AD...ASU has accepted an invitation to the Holiday Bowl against Texas, take it for what it's worth

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
No it hasn't...It's chosen Big 12 teams several times

in the past 50 years, the Rose Bowl has broken tradition (Big 10 vs. Pac 10) 4 times...in 02 and 06, they were the NC game, so that doesn't count, the other two were in 05, when they took Texas because of national appeal over Cal, and 03 they took Oklahoma because OSU was in the NC...4 games, 2 by choice, I would say that's the definition of tradition

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
in the past 50 years, the Rose Bowl has broken tradition (Big 10 vs. Pac 10) 4 times...in 02 and 06, they were the NC game, so that doesn't count, the other two were in 05, when they took Texas because of national appeal over Cal, and 03 they took Oklahoma because OSU was in the NC...4 games, 2 by choice, I would say that's the definition of tradition

But then again, all of those are recent, so it has much more weight compared to what happened 50 years ago. Besides for the two USC vs. Michigan games, all other games since 02 have not bee PAC-10 vs. Big 10. I'm almost positive Illinois will be in the Rose Bowl, I'm just saying that recent history is more relavent than past history.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
KANSAS TO BCS! WOOO!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/120307dnspokansasbcs.5f7d1c67.html

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
i wonder how pissed fox is that all this news is leaking ... takes away their suspense.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Kansas to Orange Bowl is the rumor

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I do not want to go to ****ing San Diego.

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
right, but out of 6 Rose Bowls, 2 have been NC games, so that doesn't count, and 2 haven't been traditional and 2 have been...so that argument is pretty null, but it's generally known/accepted that the Rose Bowl is the most traditional by a long shot out of any bowls, and for the most part, tries to keep the traditional matchup when possible

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Kansas to Orange Bowl is the rumor

I think guys like Mandel and Edwards probably hit that one. Virginia Tech vs. WVU may sound nice ... but if Kansas travels well ... at the end of the day, it's all about money ...

Kansas vs. Va Tech ... should be an intriguing matchup ... Va Tech has it going right now ...

I think, in all honesty, that it's good for the Big 12 for them not to play each other (Ok/Kansas). Had Ok won ... a lot of people would've been talking about the Big 12 getting overrated ... as Kansas and Missouri had helped bump the profile up ...

So, Oklahoma and W. Virginia ...

eh ... i'm not sure I love the BCS matchups as they are shaping up to be ... heck, I think I might be most intrigued with Stafford and Brennan airing it out in the Sugar

adschofield
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Final Prediction

NC:OSU vs. LSU
Fiesta: WVU vs. OU
Orange: KU vs. Va Tech
Sugar: Georgia vs. Hawaii

Canadian_kid16
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Only one hour away...

finals predictions are as follows

NC: OSU vs LSU
Rose: USC vs UGA
Fiesta: KU vs OU
Orange: VT vs WVU
Sugar: Illinois vs Hawaii

iowatreat54
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Only one hour away...

finals predictions are as follows

NC: OSU vs LSU
Rose: USC vs UGA
Fiesta: KU vs OU
Orange: VT vs WVU
Sugar: Illinois vs Hawaii

the only way Illinois goes is if it's to the Rose Bowl...oh, and no way will KU play OU or the BCS will self distruct

eazyb81
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I do not want to go to ****ing San Diego.

Dude, I know it's not a BCS Bowl, but San Diego is probably the best city in the US. It's not like you'd be going to Shreveport.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Dude, I know it's not a BCS Bowl, but San Diego is probably the best city in the US. It's not like you'd be going to Shreveport.

Haha, good point. I'd rather go to LA or just stay here in Phoenix. =(

I still don't like how PAC-10 #2 plays Big 12 #3. =(

adschofield
12-02-2007, 06:10 PM
If Missouri was any other team, I would feel bad for them

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Btw, the NOlA link makes it sound official

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/12/tigers_to_play_for_the_title.html

Might as well make some random guesses while I waste my day

NC - LSU over OSU
Rose - USC over Illinois
Orange - Virginia Tech over Kansas
Sugar - Georgia over Hawaii

I think I'm picking all the favorites. Only game might be the NC game, where OSU might be favored.

If I had to pick an underdog ... I think I may go Hawaii.

Babylon
12-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Would think the Rose Bowl would want Georgia seeing as they were ranked a lot higher than Illinois. Rose Bowl money has always been right up there at the top so the Bulldogs would have to be happy with the so called consolation prize.(assuming they arent playing the the championship game).

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM
ASU and Missouri are the teams getting screwed over this year. =(

eazyb81
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
If Missouri was any other team, I would feel bad for them

What's there to feel bad about? It's not like Mizzou is being left out of the national championship tournament - the games outside of the NC game are essentially meaningless.

I'm excited to see where we're heading, but frankly I just don't think it's that big of a deal considering the bowl payouts are divided up equally within the conference.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Would think the Rose Bowl would want Georgia seeing as they were ranked a lot higher than Illinois. Rose Bowl money has always been right up there at the top so the Bulldogs would have to be happy with the so called consolation prize.(assuming they arent playing the the championship game).

Sugar Bowl has right of first refusal on the 2nd SEC team ... they might've blocked the Rose there ... I didn't know that till Mandel pointed it out

eazyb81
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
FYI - Mizzou is officially going to face Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

adschofield
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
The Big 12, the SEC, and the Big 10 are going to rolling in the big bucks this year

sweetness34
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Turtlepower, didn't you post something about SOS'?

http://www.sportsline.com.../polls/119

Illinois #10....ASU #55.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Turtlepower, didn't you post something about SOS'?

http://www.sportsline.com.../polls/119

Illinois #10....ASU #55.

That link isn't working for me, but here are Jeff Saragin's rankings. Don't look at the ranking, but at the SOS part.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt07.htm

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
...Times Picayne says OU-KU Fiesta Bowl and WVU-VT Orange Bowl.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
interesting different reports ...

can they hurry this up geesh ... i hate all these selection shows ... all the stalling ...

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Athletic department sent out an e-mail to some students to make travel plans to the Holiday Bowl. It is official that ASU got snubbed and will be playing Texas in the Holiday Bowl. =(

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
hawaii in the sugar bowl

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl announced.!

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
http://cfn.scout.com/2/582114.html

bcs rankings

soybean
i bet colt gets so much poon at hawaii.

toonsterwu
I'm about to throw something at my computer ... damn this selection show takes forever ...

Good for Hawaii, though ... I remember a few years back, I think it was Tulane that went undefeated and they got stuck with some bowl ... I like the fact that a team goes undefeated and the get rewarded ...

Anyone notice that they've cycled different Houst episode previews for tomorrow? Fox is not on the ball ...

soybean
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm about to throw something at my computer ... damn this selection show takes forever ...

Good for Hawaii, though ... I remember a few years back, I think it was Tulane that went undefeated and they got stuck with some bowl ... I like the fact that a team goes undefeated and the get rewarded ...

wow...

"and Hawaii will be playing... we'll tell you in just a few minutes..."

what is this? american idol?

Vikes99ej
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
This show on Fox is pissing me off. I want to see the selections!

Turtlepower
Honestly, the Fiesta Bowl passing on ASU is like the Orange Bowl passing on Miami if they were given the chance. Just ridiculous.

BuckNaked
wow...

"and Hawaii will be playing... we'll tell you in just a few minutes..."

what is this? american idol?

Ryan Seacrest says "Shut the **** up!"

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070205/070205_seacrest_hmed_6p.hmedium.jpg

:)

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
holy **** you have to be ******* kidding me, when will they just announce the god dam games holy ****

Vikes99ej
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I hope they all die, honestly. I'm sick of this ****.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
The day Fox took over the BCS I knew this **** would happen. I hate everything.

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Rose Bowl
USC vs Illinios

BigJohn98
What the **** is this. Just tell us BOTH of the god damn teams. Fox never should cover the BCS again. They suck. ABC should always cover.

Vikes99ej
USC vs. Ill in the Rose Bowl

Turtlepower
It's goddamn official that Illinois goes to the Rose Bowl to get dominated by USC.

Billingsley26
Fiesta Bowl

Oklahoma vs West Virginia

Vikes99ej
OU and WVU in whatever bowl that was

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Now it will be Va TEch vs. Kansas!

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech vs Kansas

Vikes99ej
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Hahahaha Hokies gon rape some Jayhalks!!

Gatz
Meh I thought Missouri should've gotten in BCS instead of Kansas

Turtlepower
I predict the favorites each win by 20 points.

JagHombre22
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
so it's going to be Hawaii vs. Georgia in the sugar bowl...should be LSU but w/e

soybean
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
****!!! MAN! give us georgia, DAMNIT! i wanna rape some SEC bitches.

wiscbadgerfootball
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
so who the hell is gonna get the Capital One Bowl?

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I really don't like Kansas matching up against Va Tech either. Nothing against Kansas, nice team. But Va Tech's defense is so stout, outside of that ugly blip against LSU, and I think they'll get pressure on Reesing. Hokies offense is getting better, now that Ore is back to form, which opens up stuff for the passing game.

I think Oklahoma vs. WVU will be interesting. BUt I think the Sooners defense has enough speed to match up, as long as they stay disciplined, and I think the Sooners OL is going to pound away at the Mountaineers.

As for the Illini ... well, if Juice Williams has to win the game, I think that could be a ugly game. If Mendenhall can control the pace, I think Illini have a chance at keeping it close.

JagHombre22
I predict Colt Brennan throws 15 td's against whoever they play...lol

Billingsley26
Sugar Bowl

Hawaii vs Georgia

P-L
Michigan and Florida. Anyone want to trade with us?

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:22 PM
National Championship

LSU vs. Ohio State

Scarface
*** LSU gets homefield advantage. And the hawaii still got screwed over

mqtirishfan
LSU vs. OSU for the title.

JagHombre22

Michigan vs. Florida...probably one of the best bowl games out there...

Shane P. Hallam

OSU vs. LSU in Nat.

USC vs. Illinois in Rose

w00t I got it...

P-L
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
The BCS Bowls split the tickets 50/50. There will be just as many OSU fans there as LSU fans.

Turtlepower
This is such a joke of a system. Such a joke.

wiscbadgerfootball

what a screwy season is all I can say..

mqtirishfan

Yes, a team with an awful schedule getting a huge payday by going to a BCS bowl is horrible.

BuckNaked
w00t I got it...

ESPN, we have our BCSologist!

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
This is such a joke of a system. Such a joke.

Yep, I agree...nothing else to it.

soybean
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
can anyone get excited about playing Illinois?

wiscbadgerfootball
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
good for Illinois.. no one would have expected them to be in the Rose Bowl, I think it's great for them (even being a big Badgers fan)

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
can anyone get excited about playing Illinois?

It is such a lose-lose to USC. You beat them and everyone will say they shouldn't have been there, but if you lose then you lose.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Btw, Barry Switzer sucks as a commentator.

Well, here's hoping LSU gets some time off, studies up on OSU. Gonna be a solid game this year, I think. I really wouldn't expect a blowout one way or another. Dorsey and company gonna need to control the line and stuff the run, to give LSU's defense more flexibility. Not gonna be an easy task as the Buckeyes OL is solid. I think LSU can move the ball against OSU. I think having Flynn in will be for the best, because that's a tough defense to throw a kid like Perriloux in there, even with time to prepare.

P-L
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Dorsey will finally be able to get healthy. It will be interesting to see if he returns to form in time for the National Championship Game.

eazyb81
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one disappointed to see LSU in the NC game?

I know it's blasphemy on this board, but I think LSU is the third best SEC team. I just am not impressed at all by them. I wish USC, OU, or Georgia would have been given the opportunity to play OSU.

Smokey Joe
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I would have liked to see a Missouri vs. Hawaii sugarbowl. Might no be a traditional matchup, but a nice high scoring game... hell, even Kansas vs. Hawaii wouldn't be THAT bad. Then Oklahoma vs. Illinois/ASU, Oklahoma would get the easy W. And then you could have had two memorable bowl games in Georgia vs. USC and VT vs. WVU.

Just so ******* stupid. They will realize they need a change after their ratings are some of the lowest ever.

Chucky
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
It is such a lose-lose to USC. You beat them and everyone will say they shouldn't have been there, but if you lose then you lose.

It's not like playing ASU, would have been any better

Smokey Joe
I would have loved an OSU vs. OU matchup.

SuperMcGee
Am I the only one disappointed to see LSU in the NC game?

I know it's blasphemy on this board, but I think LSU is the third best SEC team. I just am not impressed at all by them. I wish USC, OU, or Georgia would have been given the opportunity to play OSU.

I absolutely agree

BNad
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Didn't think I'd be upset about the Sugar Bowl last week, but I am, heh. Still shocked that all 3 of VT, Oklahoma, and LSU jumped us in the BCS. Why did they put us above them to begin with? :confused:

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Didn't think I'd be upset about the Sugar Bowl last week, but I am, heh. Still shocked that all 3 of VT, Oklahoma, and LSU jumped us in the BCS. Why did they put us above them to begin with? :confused:

The Sugar Bowl has the right to claim an SEC team if the SEC champion is in the NC game. They claimed Georgia.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM

I'd love to switch spots with you guys. Serious. I'd rather play Florida than Texas Tech, nothing against the Red Raiders. I think that does more for UVA's profile, considering I don't think we match up well with the Red Raiders.