PDA

View Full Version : USC vs. Ohio State

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I live in Columbus.I asked everyone I know who they thought and every person said Ohio State. I feel your opinions are more valid. Please post a reason for your pick.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Right now, no disrespect intended for OSU fans, but I'd take Southern California over them. I think SC's defense would be just fine, and I think the SC offense could move and score enough against the OSU defense.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
USC is a better team right now, no doubt. I think it would be a good game and very close though. I think OSU is underrated, but USC is hot right now...

SubNoize
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
USC is just a better team, if they didn't have the Stanford melt down we'd actually get to see USC dominate OSU in real life.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Fortunately, we can see this match-up next year and see OSU dominate AT USC :)

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
USC is a better team right now, no doubt. I think it would be a good game and very close though. I think OSU is underrated, but USC is hot right now...I just don't think OSU could take on atleast 9 1st round draft picks on D. They're defense is very good but SC is a better team overall.

P-L
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
If they played this season, I think I'd take USC. However, depending on which juniors declare, I think I like OSU next year.

jared
12-02-2007, 01:31 PM
USC is playing good football right now. Maybe better than any other team out there.

VoteLynnSwan
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
definitely USC, their talent would overwhelm Ohio State, i think it'd be pretty close, but i'd take USC by 10.

OhioState
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I think that Ohio State would win. Not only because they're my team but i just don't think that USC is that good. USC is "Hot" right now but that doesn't mean anything for a game played a month from now. And i think that if we did play in the rose bowl that if sat at home for a month listening to how badly we were gonna get dominated by the mighty trojans that we would come out and put up more than enough of a fight.

RoyHall#1
12-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Since it's a public poll, I had to vote USC. :D

But it would be close.

SubNoize
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that Ohio State would win. Not only because they're my team but i just don't think that USC is that good. USC is "Hot" right now but that doesn't mean anything for a game played a month from now. And i think that if we did play in the rose bowl that if sat at home for a month listening to how badly we were gonna get dominated by the mighty trojans that we would come out and put up more than enough of a fight.

yeah because you guys sure looked sharp coming off that month and some layoff last year against Florida. How does an OSU fan call any team not that good, maybe somebody should provide your team with a mirror and a copy of your schedule... I guess at least we'll have another humorous day come time for the BCS championship.

Babylon
12-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I just don't think OSU could take on atleast 9 1st round draft picks on D. They're defense is very good but SC is a better team overall.

9 1st round picks? You have Sedric Ellis, maybe Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffen if you want to count freshman. Cushing and Rivers, possibly Gallipo. In the secondary i think the only one that would be considered a lock would be Mays. That would be 7 and that would be on the whole team defensively , certainly not from the starting unit.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
9 1st round picks? You have Sedric Ellis, maybe Lawrence Jackson, Everson Griffen if you want to count freshman. Cushing and Rivers, possibly Gallipo. In the secondary i think the only one that would be considered a lock would be Mays. That would be 7 and that would be on the whole team defensively , certainly not from the starting unit.Ellis,Moala,Jackson,Cushing,Rivers,Maualuga,T homas,Ellison,and Mays.

Babylon
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Ellis,Moala,Jackson,Cushing,Rivers,Maualuga,Thomas ,Ellison,and Mays.

Did you say first day or first round because some of those guys arent going in round 1. I would say Ellis, Cush, Mays and Rivers would be sure things and Jackson,Thomas and Mauluuga borderline but doubtful. We'll see wont we?
We may be reaching here because the point obviously is that they're loaded.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
USC lost to freaking Stanford @ home. Enough said.

They do not deserve a shot at the ship. It's really that simple.

And come on they didn't even look that impressive against UCLA yesterday. OSU wins this game.

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
USC can't pass, and certainly wouldn't on OSU with our top secondary and pass D. The good thing is USC plays OSU next season.

Babylon
12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
USC can't pass, and certainly wouldn't on OSU with our top secondary and pass D. The good thing is USC plays OSU next season.

Nobody passed on OSU this year?

VoteLynnSwan
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Illinois who is a vastly inferior team to USC talent wise physically dominated their game against OSU... i think USC's defense would do much the same thing against that team.

gstock05
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Illinois who is a vastly inferior team to USC talent wise physically dominated their game against OSU... i think USC's defense would do much the same thing against that team.

Ohio State is a vastly superior team to Stanford. Therefore we would beat USC.

You really can't make that comparison, and secondly, illinois is a MUCH better team than anybody aside from the illini fans would admit. They took it to the final minutes vs. Mizzou when Juice Williams couldn't complete a pass to save his life. Since the midway of the season, Williams has actually been a pretty efficient passer. Nobody wants a piece of illinois right now.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM

You really can't make that comparison, and secondly, illinois is a MUCH better team than anybody aside from the illini fans would admit. They took it to the final minutes vs. Mizzou when Juice Williams couldn't complete a pass to save his life. Since the midway of the season, Williams has actually been a pretty efficient passer. Nobody wants a piece of illinois right now.Ohio State lost to Illinois who lost to Michigan who lost to Appalachian State who lost to Wofford. Thus USC is better than Ohio State.

cardsalltheway
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Ohio State lost to Illinois who lost to Mickigan who lost to Appalachian State who lost to Wofford. Thus USC is better than Ohio State.

You're kidding, right?

soybean
12-02-2007, 08:15 PM
You're kidding, right?

that was obviously a joke/sarcasm.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
You're kidding, right?I'm just saying those are pointless.

ruthlessrussian
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Is this seriously a question? USC would roll Ohio St. It wouldnt even be a game. Ohio St wont beat LSU and they sure as hell wouldnt beat USC. How many second rate Big-10 teams does USC(or any other team for that matter) have to beat before the BIg-10 realizes they arent that good?

TouchdownUSC
12-03-2007, 09:37 AM
SC all the way!

These comments about losing to stanford as an arguemet for Ohio State are just stupid at best. So if we go into the Rose Bowl and beat Illinois does that mean USC is in fact better than Ohio State? Because after all Illinois beat Ohio State at home. Lame arguement.

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
My argument isn't that losing to Stanford makes them worse, it means that it is why USC doesn't deserve to be in the NC game.

But honestly, we'll match up next year and we can see who is the best.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM

You really can't make that comparison, and secondly, illinois is a MUCH better team than anybody aside from the illini fans would admit. They took it to the final minutes vs. Mizzou when Juice Williams couldn't complete a pass to save his life. Since the midway of the season, Williams has actually been a pretty efficient passer. Nobody wants a piece of illinois right now.

Juice got hurt in that game very early and didn't return.

McGee came in and turned the ball over about 12 times including a fumble on the one or Illinois likely wins that game.