PDA

View Full Version : The JaMarcus Russell Debut

Windy
12-02-2007, 02:06 PM
It looks like he will make his debut today against Denver.

Windy
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
QB Depth Chart for the Game

1. Josh McCown

2. JaMarcus Russell

3. Andrew Walter

OUT-Daunte Culpepper

12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
kiffin will probably give him a very limited playbook. expect him to hand it off quite a bit also.

SubNoize
12-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I think Josh will end up leaving this game, although the pinky may not effect his throws, it will def. pain him to no end on handoffs. Looks like Mortensen was partially right though.

davidq12
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Fumbles early on. Not a great start

SubNoize
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I thought overall it was good couple outings for Jamarcus pretty accurate, showed good poise for his debut.

Windy
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
agreed. very poised and smart.

what do you guys think about mcquistan? i think he is a long term solution now.

Stash
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
agreed. very poised and smart.

what do you guys think about mcquistan? i think he is a long term solution now.

Russell looked pretty good, he really zipped that first throw to Porter.

I like McQ as well, they have been running the ball very well to his side.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
One of the things I liked was that he didnt panic on that fumble snap.He didnt do the rookie mistake and try to pick it up and run with it just covered the ball.Another thing I liked was that he had a good feel in the pocket.

d34ng3l021
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
I really like Russell. Not from what I saw, but what may be he future. I hope he does well for you guys.

RaiderNation
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
looked good until the fumbles

SubNoize
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
looked good until the fumbles

did you actually watch the game? How is a bad snap from center his fault? That shotgun fumble was all Newberry who had an awful day. The other fumble was just bad chemistry between Jamarcus and Lamont, had he been able to work with him more they could of probably avoided this by getting better timing down. Def. can't discount his performance on the account of others, he looked smart, collected and just overall has to be the biggest QB ever.

RaiderNation
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
did you actually watch the game? How is a bad snap from center his fault? That shotgun fumble was all Newberry who had an awful day. The other fumble was just bad chemistry between Jamarcus and Lamont, had he been able to work with him more they could of probably avoided this by getting better timing down. Def. can't discount his performance on the account of others, he looked smart, collected and just overall has to be the biggest QB ever.

i know. i meant the momentum really changed when the fumbles happened because he was doing so well

portermvp84
12-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Any chance we will see him against the Packers sunday?

d34ng3l021
12-31-2007, 03:53 AM
What a stud. I really like him. Showed great poise for a rookie. Great arm. Good accuracy. Can buy time with his feet.

Now its just time to surround him with weapons. I say, just forget about the defense. Just help him out offensively with an OL and WRs and whatnot. Sooner or later, you are bound to hit a star to pair with Russell.

Flyboy
12-31-2007, 01:12 PM
What a stud. I really like him. Showed great poise for a rookie. Great arm. Good accuracy. Can buy time with his feet.

Agreed. I loved what I saw from him yesterday -- just a glimpse of his future imo.

d34ng3l021
01-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Agreed. I loved what I saw from him yesterday -- just a glimpse of his future imo.

The Raiders better get him a great supporting cast. Sacrifice a decent defense. This guy has the chance to be a top QB in the league.

I dont know why I find myself so excited about his future...

I wish he stayed for his senior year. He could have been a Falcon. :(