PDA

View Full Version : BCS National Championship Game: LSU vs OSU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

OSUGiants17
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
it's official, that is the BSC championship game. discuss it and other bowl games here

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I will say it again, ASU got screwed by Rose Bowl "tradition".

I do think that the BCS at least got the NC right.

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I like LSU, but I think it'll be a close game, and I think LSU needs Flynn in this game, despite his inconsistencies at times this year.

Chucky
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I wonder how much LSU will be favoured by

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I wonder how much LSU will be favoured by
I doubt that it'll be more than 5 or 6 points.

BigJohn98
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
It should be LSU and Oklahoma.

jballa838
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
It should be LSU and Oklahoma.
i second that

PoopSandwich
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Why is everyone so high on LSU?

saintsfan912
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I like LSU, but I think it'll be a close game, and I think LSU needs Flynn in this game, despite his inconsistencies at times this year.

I loved the way Perriloux played for us last night. I do hope Flynn is healthy so we can bring that 2 QB system back like earlier in the year. It seemed like the offense was 'clicking' alot more when we switched it up early in the year.

RCAChainGang
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Well Flynn Is a monster when he's 100%. He had that high knee sprain and he was a sitting duck in the pocket. He is faster than Periloux as odd as it may seem. This gives us more than a month to get healthy. Glenn Dorsey will be playing.

weezer1195
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
BCS is a joke. Kansas over Missouri is inexcusable. So what they are saying is Missouri would have been better off letting Kansas win that game and then lose to Oklahoma because if that was the case they would have gotten in. This is rediculous. A play off is needed. There is no way you can say this year who the two most deserving teams are for sure because everyone is so close together you could make a case for anyone in the top 10 pretty much. LSU blew it twice but is still given the benefit of the doubt...do they really deserve the way that this year in the polls they were always given by default as the best no loss, one loss, two loss. Ohio State played a mockery of a schedule just proving you benefit by playing cupcakes. the system is broken and needs fixing.

Turtlepower
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
If the computers had their way, it would be:

Va Tech vs. LSU

Zyro_1014
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah i know im a USC fan but hey i woulda loved to see a USC vs. LSU national Championship game. i just think that USC is playing the best football right now. Georgia in the rose bowl woulda been sweet too but oh well.

RCAChainGang
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
BCS is a joke. Kansas over Missouri is inexcusable. So what they are saying is Missouri would have been better off letting Kansas win that game and then lose to Oklahoma because if that was the case they would have gotten in. This is rediculous. A play off is needed. There is no way you can say this year who the two most deserving teams are for sure because everyone is so close together you could make a case for anyone in the top 10 pretty much. LSU blew it twice but is still given the benefit of the doubt...do they really deserve the way that this year in the polls they were always given by default as the best no loss, one loss, two loss. Ohio State played a mockery of a schedule just proving you benefit by playing cupcakes. the system is broken and needs fixing.

I've pondered it, but there will be no playoffs. The owners like their bowls and money. The SEC is the strongest conference and I agree with you OSU played easier teams. Missouri definitely was better than Kansas IMO. Georgia complaining kinda makes me mad, because LSU won the championship. They do have a point though, there isn't a rule saying you have to win your conference.

In agreement the system is flawed, but we hear it every year and say it every year.

bearsfan_51
12-02-2007, 08:07 PM

They need to reconsider how they do conference championship games into the rankings. Personally I don't think they should count at all, but then you'll have people from the Big 12 bitching that they won an extra game.

The leagues vote on if they want conference games or not, you live with the consequences.

nfrillman
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm not going to lie, the bowl game selections this year are completely ridiculous. LSU vs OSU, neither of those teams are the best in the nation. Oklahoma is the best team in the country. They lost by 7 @ Texas Tech(8-4) without Bradford and just fell asleep in the 4th quarter @ Colorado. LSU on the other hand lost a game at home and they barely escaped in 4 games winning them by an average of 6 points. In addition to this there are five teams ranked below Missouri who are getting BCS bowls. Kansas being picked above Missouri is totally inexcusable. But thats not the end of it, Illinois is also in a BCS bowl ranked at 13th. That's two teams Missouri beat that are getting BCS bowls ahead of them. I know the Rose bowl has a Big 10 agreement, but something needs to change when the 13th ranked team in the nation is getting a BCS bowl instead of the 6th ranked team who beat them.

Other games that raise my eyebrow:
#14 Boston College vs Michigan St
#24 Boise St vs East Carolina

Now how compelling would an 8 team playoff look.

#1 Ohio St
#8 Hawaii (undefeated status bumps KU)

#4 Oklahoma
#5 Georgia

#2 LSU
#7 USC

#3 Virginia Tech
#6 Missouri

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
some of these bowl games suck

vt vs kansas
mich vs fla
usc vs illinois

sweetness34

I just don't see how this surprises you. It's a "tradition" for a reason, which means the Pac-10 and Big 10 always play. And well you finished behind USC, and we are the #2 Big 10 Team.

You didn't help your cause by losing your two biggest games of the year either against Oregon and USC.

JagHombre22
I'm not going to lie, the bowl game selections this year are completely ridiculous. LSU vs OSU, neither of those teams are the best in the nation. Oklahoma is the best team in the country. They lost by 7 @ Texas Tech(8-4) without Bradford and just fell asleep in the 4th quarter @ Colorado. LSU on the other hand lost a game at home and they barely escaped in 4 games winning them by an average of 6 points. In addition to this there are five teams ranked below Missouri who are getting BCS bowls. Kansas being picked above Missouri is totally inexcusable. But thats not the end of it, Illinois is also in a BCS bowl ranked at 13th. That's two teams Missouri beat that are getting BCS bowls ahead of them. I know the Rose bowl has a Big 10 agreement, but something needs to change when the 13th ranked team in the nation is getting a BCS bowl instead of the 6th ranked team who beat them.

Other games that raise my eyebrow:
#14 Boston College vs Michigan St
#24 Boise St vs East Carolina

Now how compelling would an 8 team playoff look.

#1 Ohio St
#8 Hawaii (undefeated status bumps KU)

#4 Oklahoma
#5 Georgia

#2 LSU
#7 USC

#3 Virginia Tech
#6 Missouri

Michigan vs. Florida doesn't interest you?

WildDude
12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Wow... just WOW... LSU so did not deserve it, i guess the computer still feels some guilt from leaving them out a few years back, it shouldve been Georgia against LSU for the conf. LSU stood no chance against them, Ohio State im not sold on, Oklahoma should have been in... southern Cal is a far better team than LSU

kwilk103
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
when will people learn:

lsu is undefeated in regulation; les says so, so its true

j/k

BaLLiN
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Id like to see LSU and USC play somehow

toonsterwu
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Bored, so taking nfrillman's playoffs for a sec

Ohio St. vs Hawaii - I'd actually love to see this game. I think this could be a closer than expected game. If there was a seed upset, I think this would be the favorite, in all honesty.

Oklahoma vs. Georgia - I think Oklahoma's OL would own this game, and their defense has the athleticism to matchup.

LSU vs. USC - I think this is a bad matchup for USC. I really do. I think LSU's defense can stop their run game enough, and I think LSU's offense can run on USC. This is assuming that the playoffs would start in January, because LSU would be healthy at that point.

Virginia Tech vs. Missouri - I like Va tech's defense and Brandon Ore for the win here.

Semis -

LSU over Va Tech - Should be a much closer game than earlier this year, but I think the Tigers would still win if healthy. I think their DL could control the line of scrimmage. It could be a slug it out, low scoring contest.

Ohio State over Oklahoma - I like Oklahoma. But ... I think OSU gets a tad underrated in many respects. I think they could probably pound Wells enough, and I think their defense could cause Bradford a lot of havoc. I think Gholston would cause a lot of problems for Oklahoma's OL.

Oh ... ended up LSU vs. OSU ... hmmm certainly didn't intend for that to happen ... I think LSU has a much easier draw than OSU ... at least matchup wise, but tis me

BamaFalcon59
12-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Virginia Tech. got a good matchup. We stack up very well against Kansas. We should be able to put up 20-40 points on their defense and their offense hasn't seen a defense of our caliber or speed.

We had our chances to be in the national championship. Has we made the LSU game competative or held on to beat Boston College we would be in right now.

Sniper
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM

ASU didn't beat anyone good and got smoked by SC at home. SC SHOULD be ahead of them.

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
As an OSU fan, "I'm Lovin' It." I like this underdog role we have. Last year, Florida embraced it, and SO many years the underdog has come in and won the NC. The guys on our team remember the sheer EMBARRASSMENT last years NC was, and they will take their cue. I think we have a chance, I'm hoping to continue to be counted out of it.

Do I think OSU is great? Hell no.

Do I think we are underrated? A resounding yes.

Chucky
12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Do I think they are one of the top two teams in the nation? not a ******* chance

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't feel bad for any other team though. Don't lose to Stanford or Texas Tech, sorry, but deal with those injuries and win those games. You have superior athletes on scholarship, backing up all positions.

Chucky
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't feel bad for any other team though. Don't lose to Stanford or Texas Tech, sorry, but deal with those injuries and win those games. You have superior athletes on scholarship, backing up all positions.

I realize that I am just saying that it is annoying that we dont get to see the two best teams in the nation face off in the NC(LSU and USC)

Shane P. Hallam
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Often times we don't get the best two teams facing off for the title in the NFL either. I'm all for a small playoff, but without it, OSU or LSU could be the best team in the country, and they have the chance to prove it. Hell, EVERY team in a BCS Conference had a chance to win the NC this year. That RARELY happens.

Chucky
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
If both LSU and USC win then i dont think anything is proved in my eyes

keylime_5
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
both teams lost 2 games, and both might end up with 3 losses after the bowl conceivably, get over it. USC's offense has been a HUGE dissapointment this year, and LSU's defense gave up way too many points down the stretch. The only thing anyone will remember about 2007 is that Ohio State or LSU was the national champ.

saintsfan912
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Everyone will also remember how fricking CRAZY and stressful this season has been for fans.

Also, I think OSU deserves to be in the NC just as much as everyone else. Grant it, they played a weaker schedule, they didn't lose to *cough* Stanford. I also think LSU deserves it just as much as any team in the nation, including OSU. When you beat 6 top 25 teams, that has to mean something. Sure USC deserves it too, just like OU does. Those are the only 4 teams that can make a case for it.

Man I can't wait for this break for the Tigers. Get everybody FINALLY healthy, its gonna be a whole new team lining up in New Orleans. And if you really think the Dome is gonna be 50/50, think again. Probably more like 70/30.

diabsoule
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned this National Championship is just another reason why all of the big conferences should have a conference championship game and why their should be a playoff system.

Iamcanadian
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
One thing for sure, If the LSU beats Ohio St. in a close game and one of the other conference champions blows out their opponent besides Hawaii, we are very likely to see another split National Champion.

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't think anyone cares about the Split National Champion anymore because of the BCS and because they crown one themselves.

yourfavestoner
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Why exactly does everyone think that USC is better than LSU?

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 12:12 AM
People feel like injuries made USC worse and now they are incredible.

Like Pete said, it was their own fault they lost for not pulling JDB. But really, with one loss, there is no reason OSU shouldn't be given this chance.

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
There is no such thing as a split NC anymore. The plus 1 system rules all that AP champ crap out. The only championship that matters is the BCS title and there is no way any team other than OSU or LSU ends up #1 in that poll.

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
There is no such thing as a split NC anymore. The plus 1 system rules all that AP champ crap out. The only championship that matters is the BCS title and there is no way any team other than OSU or LSU ends up #1 in that poll.

This kid got it.

yourfavestoner
12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
People feel like injuries made USC worse and now they are incredible.

Like Pete said, it was their own fault they lost for not pulling JDB. But really, with one loss, there is no reason OSU shouldn't be given this chance.

What about Hawaii and Kansas? They waltzed through easy schedules as well. Why does tOSU deserve it anymore than those two teams?

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM
What about Hawaii and Kansas? They waltzed through easy schedules as well. Why does tOSU deserve it anymore than those two teams?

I like how both Hawaii and OSU had trouble with Washington, the last place team in the PAC-10. That still cracks me up. Especially since it was both of the teams toughest out of conference game (and arguably Hawaii's toughest along with Boise State).

Robo
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I like how both Hawaii and OSU had trouble with Washington, the last place team in the PAC-10. That still cracks me up. Especially since it was both of the teams toughest out of conference game (and arguably Hawaii's toughest along with Boise State).

I wasn't aware 33-14 games are considered "trouble" games.

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I wasn't aware 33-14 games are considered "trouble" games.

I hate people who just look at the score of a game and then see it as a team dominate them. OSU wasn't even leading at half-time. I give them credit for pulling away, but they certainly did not dominate the game.

LonghornsLegend
12-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Not having a playoff screws teams out of even having a chance to play for a NC, if your schedules not hard enough its held against you even if you do have a team...

And can anyone justify what happened with Missouri?? Im not even a fan but thats ridiculous, Kansas over them makes no sense, Kansas basically gets rewarded for losing their head 2 head matchup...

it also makes it unbalanced when some conferences have championship games and others dont, i dont want the NC game to be a vote, too many teams could win this year...

Oklahoma, Georgia, USC, LSU, tOSU, V Tech, all those schools could go into a playoff and none of us would know who would win those games, schools are getting screwed out of national championships...LSU over oklahoma? I dont know, OU did lose one game without their starting qb, so i dont like the system at all...

half the bowl games that were picked really dont strike me as interesting at first glance

nfrillman
12-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Michigan vs. Florida doesn't interest you?

Well if you are talking about my "raises my eyebrow" games then yes, because what I mean by that is that those games seem to be massive mismatches that make little sense. I didn't want to say anything about the Florida vs Michigan game because there seems to be a lot of Big 10 fans on here that would get mad at my opinion. Here it is though, Florida is going to absolutely slaughter Michigan. Another game that makes little sense is Kansas vs VT. First of all Missouri should be there, but besides that VT is going to destroy Kansas (I will be rooting for KU because of same conference). One more puzzler is Illinois vs USC. How big is the spread on that game going to be? 20? 25? 30? Why in the world would the Rose Bowl schedule a game that has a 99% chance of being a total blowout. The Big 10- Pac 10 tradition is a ridiculous excuse for making that game. Sure if they want that to be a tradition and the teams seem to make sense then do it, but it is not a written rule. I'm pretty sure people would enjoy a good game more than an 30 point drubbing.

M-I-Z Z-O-U.............Go Big 12, even Oklahoma you bastards.

504 to ATL
12-03-2007, 02:43 AM
I do not like how some people try to justify losses by injuries. Do you honestly think any team escaped the injury bug? Some fared better than others true, but you can not say one team lost because "so and so" was out or played injured.

The statement that USC and UGA are playing the best football right now could very well be true. USC even admitted it, they are completely healthy right now.

You can not discredit LSU for barely pulling out victories. If you want to get technical and say Oklahoma only lost because their quarterback was injured, then look at LSU in a similar light.

Their starting QB played injured nearly half the year, missed a few games, with a high ankle injury. Which completely takes out the running option, that is a huge facet to the offensive playbook.

Oh and also, LSU lost 2 starting Defensive tackles. One of them the best in the country played through nagging injuries resulting from a cheap shot that very nearly ended his season as well.

As for letting up a bunch of points on defense did you know that LSU lost both starting DT's, their starting MLB, and one of their Safeties? That is the entire middle of the defense, oh and not to forget another starting Safety missed many plays with an injury, as did another starting linebacker. At any given time after the 6th week of the season the defense was only half strength.

You know what you saw when Virginia Tech played LSU, that was their real defense at full strength, given time to heal it should be back to that high caliber.

nrk
12-03-2007, 06:35 AM
I do not like how some people try to justify losses by injuries. Do you honestly think any team escaped the injury bug? Some fared better than others true, but you can not say one team lost because "so and so" was out or played injured.

The statement that USC and UGA are playing the best football right now could very well be true. USC even admitted it, they are completely healthy right now.

You can not discredit LSU for barely pulling out victories. If you want to get technical and say Oklahoma only lost because their quarterback was injured, then look at LSU in a similar light.

Their starting QB played injured nearly half the year, missed a few games, with a high ankle injury. Which completely takes out the running option, that is a huge facet to the offensive playbook.

Oh and also, LSU lost 2 starting Defensive tackles. One of them the best in the country played through nagging injuries resulting from a cheap shot that very nearly ended his season as well.

As for letting up a bunch of points on defense did you know that LSU lost both starting DT's, their starting MLB, and one of their Safeties? That is the entire middle of the defense, oh and not to forget another starting Safety missed many plays with an injury, as did another starting linebacker. At any given time after the 6th week of the season the defense was only half strength.

You know what you saw when Virginia Tech played LSU, that was their real defense at full strength, given time to heal it should be back to that high caliber.
It wasn't just OU who lost their starting qb. It was Oregon as well, who seem to be forgotten. I think Oregon should definitely be in a BCS bowl except they lost Dixon.

Scarface
12-03-2007, 07:45 AM
It wasn't just OU who lost their starting qb. It was Oregon as well, who seem to be forgotten. I think Oregon should definitely be in a BCS bowl except they lost Dixon.

No oregon proved that they sucked. They lose one player and get destroyed. Same with west virgina. Black QBs carry teams

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 07:58 AM

Kansas didn't even win its own DIVISION. If they would have one loss and would have won the Big 12, they would be in it right now, 'nugh said.

Hawaii is in the WAC, and as we know, non-BCS Conferences get the shaft. That's how it is flat out and there is no doubting that. You know they couldn't play with the big boys with the way their defense has looked at times.

As for Washington, you are looking at the third game of the year for a young OSU team and LAST game of the year for a developed Hawaii team. Come on, just as Georgia is that different now, so is OSU.

I don't think we are great, but I think we have played the schedule given, we're a big school that is trying to schedule powerhouses (Texas, USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame,) and we won the Big Ten, we deserve a shot.

Sniper
12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
No oregon proved that they sucked. They lose one player and get destroyed. Same with west virgina. Black QBs carry teams

The stupidity you post amazes me sometimes...

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
The stupidity you post amazes me sometimes...

Classless by him, no doubt.

energizerbunny
12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't see tOSU getting embarrased by the SEC again. They matchup much better this year against LSU then they did last year against Flordia.

TouchdownUSC
12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Thank you BCS for another 1 side championship game. Most of the bowl match ups in general appear to be 1 sided. We better see a play-off system next year.

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Thank you BCS for another 1 side championship game. Most of the bowl match ups in general appear to be 1 sided. We better see a play-off system next year.

Just like last year was one sided? ;) I believed it last year, never again. Hell, if we faced Hawaii in the NC, I would be VERY weary. I'm not messing around this year.

keylime_5
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
One thing for sure, If the LSU beats Ohio St. in a close game and one of the other conference champions blows out their opponent besides Hawaii, we are very likely to see another split National Champion.

NO chance of a split title this year. Georgia and USC have 2 losses, the winner of the NC game will have either 1 or 2 losses against a superior opponent than what UGA or USC will face in their bowl. LSU or OSU will be THE champ this year.

keylime_5
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Regarding OSU facing another SEC team in the championship. They got blown out last year by a better team who matched up perfectly. Ohio State had a bad secondary last year, Jamario O'Neal and Brandon Mitchell were not good safeties. OSU's secondary is light years ahead of last year's with 3 future first day NFL draft picks, and one future top 10 pick. They have NFL linebackers this year and there's a great chance all 3 will be picked in the first 4 rounds of the 2008 draft. Last year John Kerr and a less experienced Laurinaitis couldn't get off a block to save his life (he is good at shedding blocks this year now). Lawrence Wilson might be back to give OSU the best DE tandem they've had all year. The team has been hungry this year, preparing hard, playing full contact full pad practices, lifting the max weight a lot. They will be prepared in the NC game this year, LSU will not catch us with our pants down this year, and Tyson Jackson and Kirston PIttman are not the fast speed rushers like Harvey/Moss were, they are more power rushers who are good against the run. This game is not gonna be a blowout, though I will not guarantee one team to win...not in this college FB season. If you put any team in the top 25 in the BCS NC game this year against Ohio State or against LSU, I would bet you that team has a good shot at winning, that's how crazy this season is.

OhioState
12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Regarding OSU facing another SEC team in the championship. They got blown out last year by a better team who matched up perfectly. Ohio State had a bad secondary last year, Jamario O'Neal and Brandon Mitchell were not good safeties. OSU's secondary is light years ahead of last year's with 3 future first day NFL draft picks, and one future top 10 pick. They have NFL linebackers this year and there's a great chance all 3 will be picked in the first 4 rounds of the 2008 draft. Last year John Kerr and a less experienced Laurinaitis couldn't get off a block to save his life (he is good at shedding blocks this year now). Lawrence Wilson might be back to give OSU the best DE tandem they've had all year. The team has been hungry this year, preparing hard, playing full contact full pad practices, lifting the max weight a lot. They will be prepared in the NC game this year, LSU will not catch us with our pants down this year, and Tyson Jackson and Kirston PIttman are not the fast speed rushers like Harvey/Moss were, they are more power rushers who are good against the run. This game is not gonna be a blowout, though I will not guarantee one team to win...not in this college FB season. If you put any team in the top 25 in the BCS NC game this year against Ohio State or against LSU, I would bet you that team has a good shot at winning, that's how crazy this season is.

can you imagine Wilson and Gholston on the bookends allowing us to move heyward back inside? now that would be a pretty sweet D line

YAYareaRB
12-03-2007, 10:55 AM
What's or Who's the answer for Glenn Dorsey?

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
It is a good question. But Dorsey has to be fully healthy and ready to go. He probably will be, so it may be about running Off-Tackle and spreading it out past that. I'm not sure exactly, so we shall see. Dorsey def. gives LSU a big advantage.

keylime_5
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Probably get big Steve Rehring on Dorsey (6-8, 345). I'm no genius, but if Dorsey is a problem they'll double team him like some teams have done, Jim Cordle is one of the best centers in the country. Should be a fun matchup to keep an eye on next month for sure.

Regarding Wilson and Gholston and Heyward.....not sure they'd move Heyward back inside, I'm sure they'd keep him in the rotation, but sometimes this year they have had Rose, Gholston, and Heyward all on the field at once. Wilson and Heyward would be the DEs with Gholston playing blitz linebacker. That's not a bad 3 guys to have collapsing the pocket.

...BTW I've heard that Lawrence Wilson will play in the NC and he will be 100% and not out of shape at all.

bored of education
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
tOSU 63-LSU 10. Beanie Wells runs for 567 yards 7 tds.

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
tOSU 63-LSU 10. Beanie Wells runs for 567 yards 7 tds.

Next years Heisman motto:

"Beanie Wells, stop being a ***** and win the Heisman"

fenikz
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I got LSU winning this

and when did Ohio State become The Ohio State? that just sounds dumb

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I got LSU winning this

Before your time and mine my friend...

kwilk103
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
hypothetical question:

lets say its a repeat of last years game; how does that affect their reputation and how theyre voted on in the polls?

i would think voters would be hesitant in putting them in the nc game for a while

nfrillman
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
hypothetical question:

lets say its a repeat of last years game; how does that affect their reputation and how theyre voted on in the polls?

i would think voters would be hesitant in putting them in the nc game for a while

Probably not at all because the media is in love with the Big 10. I can't think of a conference that gets more credit for getting less results than the Big 10. The top 3 teams in the Big 10 will get destroyed in their bowl games, the only one with an outside shot is Ohio St because LSU plays everyone close, which makes me wonder why everyone loves them so much.

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Probably not at all because the media is in love with the Big 10 and SEC.

Fixed it for you.

504 to ATL
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
How does tOSU match up with LSU when LSU is in a 5 wide receiver set, and has the ability to run with Flynn or Perrilloux? From what I have seen that is their major weakness on defense.

And as to the Oregon injury bug, yes they were dangerous with Dixon, but what good teams had they beaten with him? They beat a supremely depleted USC team, who played it very close. Other teams have managed to do well without their best player, why not Oregon?

P-L
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
It should matter if there is a split National Championship or not. In the BCS era, USC fans are the only people who care what the AP thinks...

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Honestly though, when was the last time that LSU actually dominated a team. It was so long ago that I don't even remember. I really don't like either of these teams, nor any other team for the championship game. With that said, I personally feel it will be an ugly game that will expose both teams as not deserving to be there, but who is. I think the game will be decided by a field goal. Who will win? I might as well flip a coin... Heads, OSU wins. =(

SubNoize
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I got LSU winning this

it does sound dumb, and arrogant and ridiculous because that university is garbage. I don't say THE University of Southern California because I don't put THE in front of GOD and USC is definitely godly when it comes to football.

NYGibril28
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I think Ohio State is severely underrated right now because it's a weak year for the Big 10. They have the best defense in the country. I think Ohio State will win this game, in a somewhat low-scoring affair.

soybean
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
tOSU doesn't have to worry about Dorsey. He's been invisible his last couple of games.

I would be more worried about highsmith and in the secondary probably steltz.

I say LSU wins because matt Flynn is a pretty good game manager and Boeckman blows.

Turtlepower
12-03-2007, 03:12 PM
What's or Who's the answer for Glenn Dorsey?

Sendrick Ellis is better than Glenn Dorsey, btw. =D

Sniper
12-03-2007, 03:14 PM
tOSU doesn't have to worry about Dorsey. He's been invisible his last couple of games.

I say LSU wins because matt Flynn is a pretty good game manager and Boeckman blows.

Do you think before you post?

To say OSU won't have to worry about Dorsey rivals anything Contr0versy, scarface, NittanyLion2K7 etc... have ever said in terms of utter stupidity.

Oh, and by the way...

QB1: 176-273, 64.5%, 7.95 ypa, 23 TD, 12 INT, 150.28 2171 yards
QB2: 183-322, 55.1%, 6.73 ypa, 17 TD, 10 INT, 122.49 2233 yards

Which of the two blows??????

keylime_5
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Probably not at all because the media is in love with the Big 10.

What? Gimme a break, the media has been obsessed with the freakin' SEC all year "they are the best conference in football, they are in a different class, blah blah blah". They have been saying the big ten blows all year just because tOSU screwed up in the MNC game last year. The media right now is slobbing all over the SEC's youknowwhats and kicking the big ten to the side now that they're in a down year. Wisky will roll over Tennessee, but Michigan and Illinois are mismathched. I wouldn't be surprised to see Illinois upset USC though b/c they have a terrific defense and Juice Williams is on fire, plus USC is overated since they get so much hype recently despite not being a good passing team at all this year and disappointing against teams like Washington, Stanford, Oregon, etc., etc. I consider USC lucky to only have 2 losses, same goes with LSU.

P-L
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Do people realize that Dorsey has been playing injured ever since the Auburn game, after taking that cheap shot? He didn't even play that much against Tennessee and while I don't remember exactly, he didn't play a full game against Arkansas or Mississippi. If he's 100% for the National Championship, Ohio State has to worry about him.

soybean
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
what has dosey done the last few weeks? I watched the Ole miss game and I coudlnt even tell if he was playing or not.

and boeckman blows, i stand by that. you can look at the numbers or you look at how each qb carries their respective teams.

EDIT: i know he was chop blocked in the auburn game. But why even play injured?

Robo
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I hate people who just look at the score of a game and then see it as a team dominate them. OSU wasn't even leading at half-time. I give them credit for pulling away, but they certainly did not dominate the game.

They absolutely demolished UW in the second half and derailed the Jake Locker Love Fest that was going on.

soybean
12-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't know why people get so worked up when you say a player hasn't performed up to his usual self. me saying Dorsey hasn't been performing as well as he's capable of these last few weeks is like me saying Early Doucet isn't a first round WR right now. Of course a lot of you guys are gonna cry and ***** and moan but truth is they aren't right now who they're capable of being as a player. don't get me wrong dorsey will no doubt be a top 5 pick and most likely the first pick but he's going to need to step it up.

P-L
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't know why people get so worked up when you say a player hasn't performed up to his usual self. me saying Dorsey hasn't been performing as well as he's capable of these last few weeks is like me saying Early Doucet isn't a first round WR right now. Of course a lot of you guys are gonna cry and ***** and moan but truth is they aren't right now who they're capable of being as a player. don't get me wrong dorsey will no doubt be a top 5 pick and most likely the first pick but he's going to need to step it up.
But you won't acknowledge his injury. He sat out the majority of the SEC Championship Game and missed quite a few plays against Arkansas and Ole Miss. Do you think it's just a coincidence that Dorsey was a dominant force at the beginning of the season and he's struggled since taking that cheap shot in the Auburn game. I think there is enough evidence to believe that the injury is affecting him and he's not just "not playing up to his capabilities."

Shane P. Hallam
12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Glenn Dorsey is a beast and will be 100% or near it. He will be a force to be reckoned with in the NC. 'Nugh said.

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

You try playing after a blatant chop block that nearly ended his career. Try playing with an injured back and still getting double and triple teamed. He should be fully 100% (I hope so anyways) and show all the doubters who the best player in the nation really is.

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
what has dosey done the last few weeks? I watched the Ole miss game and I coudlnt even tell if he was playing or not.

and boeckman blows, i stand by that. you can look at the numbers or you look at how each qb carries their respective teams.

EDIT: i know he was chop blocked in the auburn game. But why even play injured?

He played injured because he is a fricking WARRIOR. I grew up 10 minutes away from him and he went to our rival high school (Schools are literally 12 miles apart and both 5A schools) and he never takes plays off. He loves his team too much to sit down. While I think he hurt more than he helped playing injured, he had too much heart to sit on the bench.

Bengals1690
12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Look here, I will say it:

Ohio State wins, by 10 points.

Give me ONE impressive victory by LSU (Minus VATECH. But that was a different season as far as I am concerned). Every game has been down to the wire, and it has come back to bite them (SEE: Arkansas, Kentucky).

Ohio State has 3 probable 1st round draft picks on defense (Jenkins, Gholston and Laurinitus). And they also have Beanie Wells. Robiske and Hartline are decent enough for boeckman to throw to.

The big ten is NOT as bad as some think. FLA matched up PERFECTLY with tOSU. People seem to forget that Penn State beat TN and Wisconson beat Arkansas in bowl games last year, too. There is ONE team in the big ten with a losing record. ONE.

OSU has the best defense in the country. LSU has been absolutley terrible defensivley the last 3 games. And Ohio State can grind it out on the ground with a great running back and one of the top O-lines in the country.

OSU- 24-14.

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
How is the VT win in a different season? The only thing different about that game for us is we were completely healthy for that game. None of the others we have been even close to that. I'm not gonna waste my time and point out the significant injuries because all you're gonna say is 'everybody has injuries'. That's fine. Let Gholston, Boekman and Robiskie miss significant time like Flynn, Dorsey and Doucet has and you tell me OSU would still be 11-1.

nfrillman
12-03-2007, 08:07 PM

Give me ONE impressive victory by LSU (Minus VATECH. But that was a different season as far as I am concerned). Every game has been down to the wire, and it has come back to bite them (SEE: Arkansas, Kentucky).

Ohio State has 3 probable 1st round draft picks on defense (Jenkins, Gholston and Laurinitus). And they also have Beanie Wells. Robiske and Hartline are decent enough for boeckman to throw to.

The big ten is NOT as bad as some think. FLA matched up PERFECTLY with tOSU. People seem to forget that Penn State beat TN and Wisconson beat Aubrn in bowl games last year, too. There is ONE team in the big ten with a losing record. ONE.

OSU has the best defense in the country. LSU has been absolutley terrible defensivley the last 3 games. And Ohio State can grind it out on the ground with a great running back and one of the top O-lines in the country.

OSU- 24-14.

A few problems with that logic.
1. Give me ONE impressive Ohio St victory.
2. The hardest game OOC the Big 10 played was Illinois losing to Missouri and Michigan losing to Oregon.
3. The records of some those "winning" record Big 10 OOC opponents (only D-1 schools)
- Wisconsin OOC opponents 9-27....played 1-AA school
- Penn State OCC opponents 13-35
- Iowa OCC opponents 12-36
- Indiana OCC opponents 16-20....played 1-AA school
- Michigan State OOC opponents 18-30
- Purdue OOC opponents 16-21....played 1-AA school
- Northwestern 11-25....played 1-AA schoool, lost to Duke
Combined record of those opponents 95-194

That my friend is why those "winning" teams in the Big 10 doesn't mean anything, and why no one respects the Big 10. They don't play anyone.

Bengals1690
12-03-2007, 08:16 PM
How is the VT win in a different season? The only thing different about that game for us is we were completely healthy for that game. None of the others we have been even close to that. I'm not gonna waste my time and point out the significant injuries because all you're gonna say is 'everybody has injuries'. That's fine. Let Gholston, Boekman and Robiskie miss significant time like Flynn, Dorsey and Doucet has and you tell me OSU would still be 11-1.

Because, that was when LSU was playing elite football, and Vatech seemed completely lost that game. It was week two. It is what is called an abberation, a team for one reason or another not showing up for a game. And injuries happen. You have to play through them.

Again, give me ONE impressive victory for the bayou bengals, other than Vatech.

Bengals1690
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
A few problems with that logic.
1. Give me ONE impressive Ohio St victory.
2. The hardest game OOC the Big 10 played was Illinois losing to Missouri and Michigan losing to Oregon.
3. The records of some those "winning" record Big 10 OOC opponents (only D-1 schools)
- Wisconsin OOC opponents 9-27....played 1-AA school
- Penn State OCC opponents 13-35
- Iowa OCC opponents 12-36
- Indiana OCC opponents 16-20....played 1-AA school
- Michigan State OOC opponents 18-30
- Purdue OOC opponents 16-21....played 1-AA school
- Northwestern 11-25....played 1-AA schoool, lost to Duke
Combined record of those opponents 95-194

That my friend is why those "winning" teams in the Big 10 doesn't mean anything, and why no one respects the Big 10. They don't play anyone.

Ohio State has actually beat...BEAT, not skated by, 4 ranked teams this year.

Ohio State has trouble with Spread offenses, you saw that first hand in the FLA game last year. Thats why Illinios beat them.

The SEC played 9 FCS schools this year, SEC played 25 mid major teams. The big 10 played 8 FCS teams and 23 mid major teams.

THe Big 10 went .700 against other BCS conferences, the SEC went .500.

And please, do the same research for the Sec's out of conference stats before you try to make an argument.

yourfavestoner
12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Fixed it for you.

Well, they have a reason to be in love with the SEC. It's actually a good conference. The Big Televen is absolute trash. The media is on their nuts all the time because ESPN televises Big Televen games. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why they're constantly pimping Big Televen teams and games. It creates higher ratings for them, which equates to more money (which is really what college football is all about).

soybean
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM

The big ten is NOT as bad as some think. FLA matched up PERFECTLY with tOSU. People seem to forget that Penn State beat TN and Wisconson beat Arkansas in bowl games last year, too. There is ONE team in the big ten with a losing record. ONE.

OSU- 24-14.

beanie wells is a true stud but the thing I'm looking at is, no one runningback had their way with LSU, except one. I know wells can very well reach his level in the next year I just don't see it this year.

same can be said for Ohio state. but i think i would take the LSU trio against the ohio state d over beanie wells against the LSU d.

it'll be a close low scoring game im guessing.

Namy
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Ugh. Neither LSU or OSU are the best teams in the country. However, between these two teams, I like LSU better. LSU just as played better teams all year, and I think that extra grit will definitely help them. I don't see tOSU getting blown out tho. I see it being close for three quarters and LSU pulling away in the fourth.

Even tho both teams are great defensive teams, I see it being a high scoring game... partly because I forsee a lot of turnovers. Neither QB is very good while both have good run games.

soybean
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
i don't know who to root for, i don't like either teams and wish both could lose. I really wish oklahoma was in the game.

YAYareaRB
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Sorry, I'm having trouble finding those teams could you list 'em with ranking they had at the time they got beat...BEAT.

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 10:27 PM
i don't know who to root for, i don't like either teams and wish both could lose. I really wish oklahoma was in the game.

Yea, the same Oklahoma team that lost to Colorado and Texas Tech huh?

saintsfan912
12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Because, that was when LSU was playing elite football, and Vatech seemed completely lost that game. It was week two. It is what is called an abberation, a team for one reason or another not showing up for a game. And injuries happen. You have to play through them.

Again, give me ONE impressive victory for the bayou bengals, other than Vatech.

I guess beating Florida and the best QB in the nation isn't impressive? We didn't beat them bad but a win is a win against Tebow.

I guess beating overrated Michigan is considered an impressive victory for you huh? Maybe it was that 20-2 thrashing of Akron, was that it? See, LSU beat teams in the top 10, not just the top 21-25 like OSU did.

keylime_5
12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
beanie wells is a true stud but the thing I'm looking at is, no one runningback had their way with LSU, except one. I know wells can very well reach his level in the next year I just don't see it this year.

same can be said for Ohio state. but i think i would take the LSU trio against the ohio state d over beanie wells against the LSU d.

it'll be a close low scoring game im guessing.

Not to argue any points except one: Beanie has been on fire since the Michigan State game. Before that he was kinda slowed by injuries. Little known fact that Beanie has played pretty much the entire year with a broken hand and a bum ankle. It is not gonna be easy by any stretch for LSU to slow down big Beanie Wells- all 6-2/235 of him and his 4.45 speed. That will be another fun matchup to monitor next month.

soybean
12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Yea, the same Oklahoma team that lost to Colorado and Texas Tech huh?

alright i admit their D looked pretty bad against Texas Tech and I didn't see the Colorado game but watching them play Missouri, I really thought they are/were the best team in the nation. Sam Bradford is a star in the making and they got so many offensive weapons, it's hard to deny them.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Not to argue any points except one: Beanie has been on fire since the Michigan State game.

Through that stretch he's played a handful of overrated defenses.

Turtlepower
12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Am I the only one that sees the ridiculousness in playing 4 out of conference games. You only need 6 wins to become bowl eligible, so that means that in the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and ACC, the teams only need to win at least 2 conference games to become bowl eligible. I know that is assuming that a team wins all of its out of conference games, but even the best teams will only schedule 1 BCS conference school and then the rest are D1-AA or some scrubs.

So, I propose that every team play 9 conference games and that they play three OOC games, with at least 1 of them being against a team in a BCS conference. I think that will throw away the entire idea of a "cupcake" schedule as well as force teams to not always skip the better teams in their conference (Kansas).

nfrillman
12-04-2007, 01:06 AM

THe Big 10 went .700 against other BCS conferences, the SEC went .500.

And please, do the same research for the Sec's out of conference stats before you try to make an argument.

First of all I am not an SEC fan, if my sig didn't make that clear enough for you. You are out of your mind if you think the Big 10 is better than the SEC though.

Here's those four "ranked" teams Ohio St beat:
#23 Purdue 23-7..........finished 7-5 unranked
#25 Penn St 37-17.......finished 8-4 unranked
#21 Wisconsin 38-17....finished 9-3 ranked 18th
#21 Michigan 14-3........finished 8-4 unranked

Damn I stand corrected, those are some AMAZING victories. It doesn't matter what a team was ranked when they were beat if they are proved to s*ck by the end of the year.

OOC BCS teams Big 10 played:
Ohio St- W @ Washington 4-9
Northwestern- L Duke 1-11
Michigan St- W Pittsburgh 5-7
Michigan- L Oregon 8-4
Wisconsin- W Washington St 5-7
Illinois- L Missouri 11-2, W @ Syracuse 2-10
Iowa- W Syracuse 2-10, L @ Iowa St 3-9

Those are the Big 10 BCS conference OOC opponents. I'm not sure where you got that .700 record, they were 5-4 (.555). Records of teams they beat 18-43. They did not beat a team with a winning or .500 record. Records of teams they lost to 23-26. So they played two good teams and lost to them, and played seven bad teams and lost to two of them.

OOC BCS teams SEC played:
Georgia- W Oklahoma St 6-6, W @ Georgia Tech 7-5
Florida- W Florida St 7-5
Kentucky- W Louisville 6-6
LSU- W Virginia Tech 11-2
Mississippi- L Missouri 11-2
Vanderbilt- L Wake Forest 8-4
Alabama- L @ Florida St 7-5
South Carolina- W @ UNC 4-8, L Clemson 9-3
Tennessee- L @ California 6-6

SEC was 6-5 (.545) in OOC games against BCS conference opponents. Record of teams they beat 41-32. Record of teams they lost to 41-20. So the SEC beat three teams with winning records, two who were .500, and one with a losing record. They lost to no teams that were below .500 and only one that was .500.

Why didn't you show where you were getting those stats, you didn't because you know how weak it looks when its all put up there. Just because a BCS conference team is scheduled doesn't mean it is a good win deserving of any credit. The Big 10's OOC BCS opponents were against the worst teams of other conferences, and they lost to the opponents that were actually good.

You sir now look foolish. Please everyone, feel free to embrace my common sense and logical deduction, it will revolutionize thinking.

yourfavestoner
12-04-2007, 03:23 AM
First of all I am not an SEC fan, if my sig didn't make that clear enough for you. You are out of your mind if you think the Big 10 is better than the SEC though.

Damn I stand corrected, those are some AMAZING victories. It doesn't matter what a team was ranked when they were beat if they are proved to s*ck by the end of the year.

Michigan- L Oregon 8-4

Those are the Big 10 BCS conference OOC opponents. I'm not sure where you got that .700 record, they were 5-4 (.555). Records of teams they beat 18-43. They did not beat a team with a winning or .500 record. Records of teams they lost to 23-26. So they played two good teams and lost to them, and played seven bad teams and lost to two of them.

SEC was 6-5 (.545) in OOC games against BCS conference opponents. Record of teams they beat 41-32. Record of teams they lost to 41-20. So the SEC beat three teams with winning records, two who were .500, and one with a losing record. They lost to no teams that were below .500 and only one that was .500.

Why didn't you show where you were getting those stats, you didn't because you know how weak it looks when its all put up there. Just because a BCS conference team is scheduled doesn't mean it is a good win deserving of any credit. The Big 10's OOC BCS opponents were against the worst teams of other conferences, and they lost to the opponents that were actually good.

You sir now look foolish. Please everyone, feel free to embrace my common sense and logical deduction, it will revolutionize thinking.

The only people that argue with this stuff are Big Televen fans. Everyone else already knows their conference is trash.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Michigan- L Oregon 8-4

yyyyyeah.. what he said!

keylime_5
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
You know UL Monroe beat Alabama, and USF who is a BCS conference team beat Auburn.

All everyone talks about is how "bad the big ten is" because they are in a down/transition year or whatever. I'll take Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan state, Indiana, and Purdue over the ACC's top 8 teams or the Big East any day of the week this year though. The Pac 10 and SEC are having "peak" years and the Big Ten is not bad as people think despite certainly being in a slump these last 2 years as compared to years before

Also the 2nd place SEC team got murdered by the 6th place Pac 10 team. Early in the year SEC fans made the argument that it didn't matter that Cal killed Tennessee b/c that was like the 2nd best pac ten team over the 5th best SEC team, when in reality it was vice versa.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
You know UL Monroe beat Alabama, and USF who is a BCS conference team beat Auburn.

All everyone talks about is how "bad the big ten is" because they are in a down/transition year or whatever. I'll take Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Penn State, Michigan state, Indiana, and Purdue over the ACC's top 8 teams or the Big East any day of the week this year though. The Pac 10 and SEC are having "peak" years and the Big Ten is not bad as people think despite certainly being in a slump these last 2 years as compared to years before

Also the 2nd place SEC team got murdered by the 6th place Pac 10 team. Early in the year SEC fans made the argument that it didn't matter that Cal killed Tennessee b/c that was like the 2nd best pac ten team over the 5th best SEC team, when in reality it was vice versa.

-I'm gonna handle this point by point. Sure Auburn got beat but they were still 2-1 OOC and 'Bama was 2-2 OOC. But it's doesn't take a genius to figure out Alabama sucks ass.

-Virginia Tech and Boston College say hello! I can honestly say that VTech and BC would beat Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Michigan St, Indiana, and Purdue, soundly. What on earth would make you say something like that?

-You got me here. I can't come up with a valid explaination for this except, at the time, Tennesee was actually ranked 4th in the SEC with CAL being 2nd in the Pac-10.. Everyone thought thats what it was. But after Tennesee turning around their season and Cal hitting a slump, it makes it out to be the way you stated. Again, this isn't a argument, I'm just throwing my explaination out there.

keylime_5
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
The SEC gives us a lot of heat this year for not having a tough out of conference road game. This is the first year in recent memory that OSU hasn't played a good OOC opponent and they never let it die. When is the last time an SEC team played an OOC opponent on the road in a venue not located in the Southeast that was a big time game? The last 2 to come to mind for me are Tennessee at Cal (whipping by Cal) and Auburn at USC (whipping by USC). Not to mention last year's 2nd place SEC team getting whacked at home by USC. There's no excuse for that, so enough with this "SEC is next to God" mularky, they are the best and deepest conference currently and it is almost unarguable right now imo, but not by THAT much, geeze.

Before the 80s the SEC teams weren't anything special except down in Alabama where they had Bear Bryant. Any SEC national champions before 1960 were pretty much conterfeit too since they didn't let black kids on their teams unlike USC and the Big Ten.

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Right now I would take Florida, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU over ANY Big ten team, period.

Oh and as to LSU facing Chris Wells, well lets just say they face 3 backs by far faster than him in practice, and 3 backs within ten pounds of his weight. So his stature is not impressive at all in that standpoint.

A healthy LSU d-line will force Wells to bounce it outside, where his speed can not compare to what LSU faces day in day out in practice.

For reference 40 times Trindon 4.28, Keiland 4.35, Scott 4.4, and even Hester 4.5.

keylime_5
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
The only teams in the SEC with parallel talent to tOSU are LSU, Florida, Tennessee, and maybe Georgia. But only Fla, LSU, and Tennessee for sure run with talent as deep down the roster as Ohio State.

Regarding Beanie, a big power running game is the weakness of the SEC. They run with smaller, faster linebackers behind good, quick defensive lines. Wisconsin exposes the weakness of a typical SEC defense every year in their bowl game, which is why Wisky is so successful usually in bowls despite not having the speed of Ohio State or other top tier programs. Heck, in the NC last year Ohio State had no problem running Pittman, but that was a lost cause being behind by so many points and not being able to throw with no pass pro and no Ted Ginn. I think seeing what Beanie can do to LSU should be one to watch since there are maybe 2 or 3 RBs in the whole country with Beanie's capablities, and certainly none like him in the SEC or ACC. The x-factor in the LSU vs Beanie Wells matchup is gonna be Ohio State's offensive line...if they play well then Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, and Kirston Pittman and Ricky JeanFrancois and Al Woods won't be dominating the LOS and Wells will take care of the linebackers and DBs with his burst, speed, and 235 lb. frame. If any of you have never seen Beanie run then you're in for a treat, most fun RB to watch since peterson and bush in college.

keylime_5
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
A healthy LSU d-line will force Wells to bounce it outside, where his speed can not compare to what LSU faces day in day out in practice.

For reference 40 times Trindon 4.28, Keiland 4.35, Scott 4.4, and even Hester 4.5.

Beanie running outside is fierce, because if they don't get him down before he finishes turning his body upfield then that's another 5 yards at least. Beanie runs a 4.45 or so and cannot be armtackled, so I don't really care what LSU sees in practice daily, it doesn't matter than those guys rund 4.4s or 4.3s, because none of them are doing that speed at 235 lbs. like Chris does. No comparison there.

Not saying you can't stop Wells though. They could do that if they commit to it, but Boeckman can beat you with his arm. We aren't in the NC for nothing, should be a good game, and I can guarantee it will be much better to watch than last year's mess.

soybean
12-04-2007, 04:24 PM

yeah... i'm sure the cal team that started out 5-0 is the same team that ended 6-6...

Sniper
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Right now I would take Florida, Georgia, Auburn, and LSU over ANY Big ten team, period.

Oh and as to LSU facing Chris Wells, well lets just say they face 3 backs by far faster than him in practice, and 3 backs within ten pounds of his weight. So his stature is not impressive at all in that standpoint.

1. No you wouldn't. That's just blind stupidity.
2. None of your RBs can hold Chris Wells' jock.
3. Are you forgetting OSU has a terrific OL that can counter LSU's great DL?

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I think the SEC faces Tebow, he seems even more powerful than Wells when running the ball. They both have similar size and speed.

As for the SEC having quick, but undersized defensive players in comparison to the big ten; I do not think LSU's defensive line nor Tennessee's linebackers are small compared to the big ten.

Sniper
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I think the SEC faces Tebow, he seems even more powerful than Wells when running the ball. They both have similar size and speed.

As for the SEC having quick, but undersized defensive players in comparison to the big ten; I do not think LSU's defensive line nor Tennessee's linebackers are small compared to the big ten.

You're on crack if you think Tebow is more powerful than Wells. Wells runs a 4.45 at 235, Tebow maybe a 4.6

soybean
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
hey I just heard an interesting stat, can anyone confirm this?

Ohio state is 0-8 against SEC teams in bowl games.

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 04:45 PM
None of your RBs can hold Chris Wells' jock.

haha, I am positive that given the same amout of carries a game Keiland Willams, and Charles Scott would blow Chris Wells stats out of the water. By far more dangerous and explosive runners than Wells.

iowatreat54
12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
-Virginia Tech and Boston College say hello! I can honestly say that VTech and BC would beat Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Michigan St, Indiana, and Purdue, soundly. What on earth would make you say something like that?

well I'm pretty sure OSU and Illinois could beat wake, fsu, gtech, and OSU would prolly beat virginia and clemson...he was saying collectively he would take the 8 big ten teams, not that MSU would beat Vtech...I'm pretty sure he meant more of OSU as opposed to VTech, Illinois as opposed to BC, and going down the rankings etc.

the ACC has a very good team in VT and a good team in BC...Clemson was hot but isn't consistant and Virginia is good but inconsistant as well...after that, the ACC drops of considerably...whereas the Big Ten has a very good team in OSU and a really good team in Illinois, plus michigan and wisconsin are good but have flaws, and penn state, Indiana, and MSU do not fall off as much as the middle teams in the ACC...so collectively, IMO the Big Ten is stronger than the ACC

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
You're on crack if you think Tebow is more powerful than Wells. Wells runs a 4.45 at 235, Tebow maybe a 4.6

What is a tenth of a second when the runner gets a direct snap from center? Plus Wells has put on weight, I bet his speed is slower than his high school timed speed.

Also, the game will be played on field turf, better suited to the faster team; not grass better suited to the more powerful team.

P-L
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm looking at the way some of the coaches voted, and I found some interesting things.

- Frank Beamer voted Ohio State #4, Virginia Tech #2.
- Art Briles voted Ohio State #4, Oklahoma #2.
- Bill Callahan voted LSU #4, Oklahoma #2, USC #3.
- Mario Cristobal (FIU) voted Ohio State #6.
- Randy Edsall (UConn) voted LSU #5.
- Mike Leach voted Kansas #3, LSU #5.
- Steve Spurrier voted Oklahoma #1, Ohio State #5.
- Every coach had either LSU or Ohio State in the top 2.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
and certainly none like him in the SEC or ACC

Darren McFadden goes to Arkansas which is in the SEC, as does Felix Jones.

soybean
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm looking at the way some of the coaches voted, and I found some interesting things.

if you go by body of play in their last games... Oklahoma definitely looks like the most impressive team in the nation.

iowatreat54
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Stoops I believe voted LSU #6 and Oklahoma #1 and OSU #2

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 04:55 PM
well I'm pretty sure OSU and Illinois could beat wake, fsu, gtech, and OSU would prolly beat virginia and clemson...he was saying collectively he would take the 8 big ten teams, not that MSU would beat Vtech...I'm pretty sure he meant more of OSU as opposed to VTech, Illinois as opposed to BC, and going down the rankings etc.

the ACC has a very good team in VT and a good team in BC...Clemson was hot but isn't consistant and Virginia is good but inconsistant as well...after that, the ACC drops of considerably...whereas the Big Ten has a very good team in OSU and a really good team in Illinois, plus michigan and wisconsin are good but have flaws, and penn state, Indiana, and MSU do not fall off as much as the middle teams in the ACC...so collectively, IMO the Big Ten is stronger than the ACC

Oh, well I'll hand him the OSU-VTech.. MAYBE. But I think BC would take down Illinois soundly.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
if you go by body of play in their last games... Oklahoma definitely looks like the most impressive team in the nation.

Oh for sure.. If Oklahoma played defense like that every game they'd by headed to a BSC Championship right now. But people are gonna always bring up the disaster in Lubbock.

P-L
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Stoops I believe voted LSU #6 and Oklahoma #1 and OSU #2
Yeah, Stoops definitely made some questionable decisions on his ballot. Missouri was #3, Kansas #4, and Georgia #8. I guess I can't really blame him for trying to get OU into the title game.

iowatreat54
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh, well I'll hand him the OSU-VTech.. MAYBE. But I think BC would take down Illinois soundly.

right, he just didn't mean that like Purdue would beat VTech...more that the 5th place Big Ten is better than the 5th place ACC and so on...the top 2 games would be good, but after that, I can't really see the ACC putting up much of a fight

diabsoule
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
As I see it there are five teams that have each have a legitimate gripe for playing in the National Championship. Those five teams are: Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma, USC, and Virginia Tech. Aside from an 11-1 Ohio State team, the remaining two loss teams all deserved to play for the National Championship.

I am pulling for LSU but this year proves more than years previous that the BCS needs to go.

keylime_5
12-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Darren McFadden goes to Arkansas which is in the SEC, as does Felix Jones.

context: I was discussing big RBs with speed. McFadden is a thin 215 and Jones is 207.

saintsfan912
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Keiland Williams - 6' 226 with better speed than Wells.
Charles Scott - 5'11 226 with plenty of speed, around the 4.4 area.

If those guys aren't big backs with speed than neither is Wells.

TigerBait45
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Scott runs like Jamal Lewis.

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Dont forget Hester who is a 4.5 flat guy, also packing around 230, bulldozing defenders. I predict first play Hester knocks back OSU's middle linebacker for about 3-5 yards.

Iamcanadian
12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Talk is so cheap!!! Last year everybody predicted an easy Ohio St. victory over Florida and that Oklahoma would destroy Boise St. Two years ago, everybody predicted Georgia, the SEC champ would destroy West Virginia and that USC would easily beat Texas.
Both sides can spout off about this and that but in the end the game will be decided on the field of play and nothing else matters. Anybody who thinks they know who will win this NCG has absolutely no idea since clearly none of the teams have played each other so far, and what they did or didn't do during the regular season won't mean squat on Bowl day.
I just pray it's a great game and intense right up until the end and proves that one of these teams actually deserve to be called National Champion.

YAYareaRB
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Talk is so cheap!!! Last year everybody predicted an easy Ohio St. victory over Florida and that Oklahoma would destroy Boise St. Two years ago, everybody predicted Georgia, the SEC champ would destroy West Virginia and that USC would easily beat Texas.
Both sides can spout off about this and that but in the end the game will be decided on the field of play and nothing else matters. Anybody who thinks they know who will win this NCG has absolutely no idea since clearly none of the teams have played each other so far, and what they did or didn't do during the regular season won't mean squat on Bowl day.
I just pray it's a great game and intense right up until the end and proves that one of these teams actually deserve to be called National Champion.

THANK YOU MR. OBVIOUS! We know the game is decided on the field, ESPECIALLY IN THIS SEASON.. But why rain on our homer parade?

Sniper
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
haha, I am positive that given the same amout of carries a game Keiland Willams, and Charles Scott would blow Chris Wells stats out of the water. By far more dangerous and explosive runners than Wells.

Right, and AJ Feeley is a better QB than Tom Brady.

I hate SEC homers..

Sniper
12-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Dont forget Hester who is a 4.5 flat guy, also packing around 230, bulldozing defenders. I predict first play Hester knocks back OSU's middle linebacker for about 3-5 yards.

James Laurinaitis may have something to say about that.

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Right, and AJ Feeley is a better QB than Tom Brady.

I hate SEC homers..

Ummm, where did anyone mention Tom Brady? I think anyone with a brain would consider Brady better.

James will certainly get his chance to say something to Hester, or should I say the turf once his backside is planted on it.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Ummm, where did anyone mention Tom Brady? I think anyone with a brain would consider Brady better.

James will certainly get his chance to say something to Hester, or should I say the turf once his backside is planted on it.

It's called sarcasm bud....

As much as I hate him, James Laurinaitis=1st team All-American. Jacob Hester=1st team piece of ****

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 01:52 AM
You can hate on Hester all you want, sure he is not the most talented, not the tallest, strongest, or the fastest, but he does everything and everything well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJczt7YZF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ilAoC4oG0

might not be as brutal as those, but I think James will have a hard time tackling him all by himself.

bored of education
12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g_iiG1tPv8&feature=related

This year he looks bigger in pads. Wow.

Bills2083
12-05-2007, 06:47 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/12/04/pelini.lsu.ap/index.html

Pelini to coach LSU in bowl game

keylime_5
12-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Keiland Williams - 6' 226 with better speed than Wells.
Charles Scott - 5'11 226 with plenty of speed, around the 4.4 area.

If those guys aren't big backs with speed than neither is Wells.

neither of those guys packs a punch in the same universe as Beanie Wells. Keiland Williams is closer to Brandon Saine (6-1/220/4.3) than Beanie by far. Beanie is more like a rich man's Jamal Lewis or even a faster Eddie George, he's been compared to a bigger and slightly less quick Adrian Peterson. Keiland Williams is more like a speedier shifty back like Edgerrin James or LT though not as good as those two despite having a similar size. Just b/c you're 6-1/220 doesn't mean that you're a big lumbering back. Jacob Hester is only about 5-11/220 and he packs a punch (though he doesn't have the explosiveness, shear size and strength or agility of Chris).

draftguru151
12-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Ugh, I thought the bad LSU homers were gone.

When Chris Wells is on, there isn't a RB like him in the nation. A guy with that size, that power, that explosion, that speed is absolutely ridiculous. LSU has a much of good backs right now, but none are near Wells level at this point and the only one that can get close is Keiland Williams.

keylime_5
12-05-2007, 09:08 AM
You know they always talk about speed in the Big Ten vs speed in the SEC. True, most big ten teams are slower than the SEC, but Ohio State's average 40 time is like 4.65 and LSU's is like 4.7-something. It's not like tOSU is a slow team, heck we have a better recruiting class than LSU most years. Last year we were slow in the secondary except for Jenkins, and this year we're the best secondary in the country and certainly one of the fastest. Our O-Line can be sluggish sometimes, but they won't be pass blocking as much this year, and LSU doesn't have 4.5 or 4.6 running DEs either.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Ugh, I thought the bad LSU homers were gone.

When Chris Wells is on, there isn't a RB like him in the nation. A guy with that size, that power, that explosion, that speed is absolutely ridiculous. LSU has a much of good backs right now, but none are near Wells level at this point and the only one that can get close is Keiland Williams.

QFT. Chris Wells is a man-beast, and I hate the man.

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 09:56 AM
You know they always talk about speed in the Big Ten vs speed in the SEC. True, most big ten teams are slower than the SEC, but Ohio State's average 40 time is like 4.65 and LSU's is like 4.7-something. It's not like tOSU is a slow team, heck we have a better recruiting class than LSU most years. Last year we were slow in the secondary except for Jenkins, and this year we're the best secondary in the country and certainly one of the fastest. Our O-Line can be sluggish sometimes, but they won't be pass blocking as much this year, and LSU doesn't have 4.5 or 4.6 running DEs either.

Ricky Jean Francois is pretty darn fast. I don't really argue about the timed speed but the game speed in these two conferences is like no other. On saturdays Highsmith and Laurenitis could be seen running 4.4s :p.. I think game speed is more important than timed speed when it comes to winning football games.

Oh and HOW CAN YOU HATE JACOB HESTER? It's like impossible..

Sniper
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Ricky Jean Francois is pretty darn fast. I don't really argue about the timed speed but the game speed in these two conferences is like no other. On saturdays Highsmith and Laurenitis could be seen running 4.4s :p.. I think game speed is more important than timed speed when it comes to winning football games.

Oh and HOW CAN YOU HATE JACOB HESTER? It's like impossible..

I don't really hate him (I actually enjoy watching him play) but to say he is on Beanie's level is beyond outrageous.

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't really hate him (I actually enjoy watching him play) but to say he is on Beanie's level is beyond outrageous.

Its is but you can't deny the impact he has. What I find interesting is Beanie's 46 yards on 16 carries against Youngstown St.

iowatreat54
12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Its is but you can't deny the impact he has. What I find interesting is Beanie's 46 yards on 16 carries against Youngstown St.

they also had 2 other HBs with 8 carries and 45 yards and 10 carries and 42 yards, respectively...also, it was Wells' first "start" (idk if he started last year at all) and they were up 21-3 at half...they were rotating backs, and Wells was out most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters...so yea, his 2.8 YPC isn't good, but you gotta look at the context

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 12:20 PM
they also had 2 other HBs with 8 carries and 45 yards and 10 carries and 42 yards, respectively...also, it was Wells' first "start" (idk if he started last year at all) and they were up 21-3 at half...they were rotating backs, and Wells was out most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters...so yea, his 2.8 YPC isn't good, but you gotta look at the context

I'm well aware of all of this but, what I failed to post is that he had 12 carries and broke the century mark against Northwestern. He's also not much of a threat catching the ball is he? Yeah that YPC is terrible.

Oh and I'm not trying to prove Chris Wells is not a good back. I know he's a future top 3-5 pick. All I'm saying is that the only good defense he faces is in practice but he will be tested in the National Championship game.

keylime_5
12-05-2007, 12:41 PM
I love Jacob Hester, he's the only guy on LSU I actually love to watch. Ironically, I'm gonna root against him the most come 1/7 and he will probably be the most hated Tiger on that day for me.

Like Snipe says, trying to compare any of LSU's runners to Beanie Wells is like AJ Feeley to Tom Brady, not gonna work. Beanie is far superior than any of LSU's guys. They'd trade all 3 of their runners for one Big Beanie Wells in this game I can tell you that.

keylime_5
12-05-2007, 12:43 PM

I take it you didn't watch that game. Chris only carried in short yardage and on the goal line in that game mostly, a game in which the O-LIne was rusty and horrible, couldn't get leverage against DIAA guys. Mo Wells and Brandon Saine were featured the most in that game, same goes for the Kent State game.

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
First off do not ever compare Wells to Adrian Peterson, he is not one tenth the running back Peterson is.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
First off do not ever compare Wells to Adrian Peterson, he is not one tenth the running back Peterson is.

Yeah, sure he isn't.

OhioState
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM

how's that? Both are big quick powerfull backs with about 4.4 speed. Peterson might be a little shiftier and fancier but i he is also the leading rusher in the NFL. I think that there is a very good comparison to be made here.

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Peterson has better top end speed, he gets in and out of his cuts better, he is more agile, and can catch better.

Wells is a poor mans Peterson if anything.

Edit, come combine I bet Wells is not a 4.4 closer to 4.5 if anything

draftguru151
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
If Wells is 1/10 then every back on LSU is 1/50.

bored of education
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I think Wells is bigger, stronger and more durable. He played this whole season with a bum ankle.

Peterson 6'1 217-220 tops
Wells 6'1 230-235 tops. if Wells runs a sub 4.5 than DAMN. That is like Larry Johnson with top end speed.

Peterson is godly. Wells is GODLY. esp with 254 carries his 2nd year and 104 his froshy year. I expect Wells to have about the same amount of carries next year.

Even without break away speed(undocumented) Wells is an elite back and an elite prospect

Namy
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Luarinitis... that name sounds like the name of a Spartan... hahahaha

I remember seeing him for an ESPN interview. His neck was HUGE. Guy's a beast that's for sure.

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Actually Peterson is 6'2" 225 been documented many times already.

Who ever said Wells is 1/10? He is a very good running back, just not as good as Peterson.

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM
If Wells is 1/10 then every back on LSU is 1/50.

You like Miami.. So, we'll just leave it at that.

draftguru151
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Actually Peterson is 6'2" 225 been documented many times already.

Who ever said Wells is 1/10? He is a very good running back, just not as good as Peterson.

Peterson measured in at 6014 and 217.

You said Wells isn't even one tenth the back AD is. If Wells isn't even one tenth, what the hell does that make LSU's backs?

draftguru151
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
You like Miami.. So, we'll just leave it at that.

And that's relevant how?

Sniper
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM

You said he wasn't 1/10th.

saintsfan912
12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I can guarantee you if LSU's backs didnt rotate every play none of you would be saying Beanie is tons better than Williams or Scott. Hester's complete game (Blocking, catching, running, all the intangibles that dont show up on paper) is worth far more than Beanie's running.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I can guarantee you if LSU's backs didnt rotate every play none of you would be saying Beanie is tons better than Williams or Scott. Hester's complete game (Blocking, catching, running, all the intangibles that dont show up on paper) is worth far more than Beanie's running.

Stop, just stop with this homerism.

saintsfan912
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Dude how are you gonna call me the homer when you're calling Beanie better than 2 5 star HBs that aren't feature backs? I said Beanie was better, just not tons like you homers are saying. Play a real defense and then come tell me Beanie is god, til then shut up with the Beanie ****. And I would take Hester any day over Beanie, he's a football player, not just a running back.

fenikz
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Beanie is overrated, much like Mendenhall you guys play in a weak Big 10 so the stats get exaggerated

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I lol at myself, 1/10 is a bit of an exaggeration haha. I still do not think he is a top talent, a good player just not a top talent. Or a gamechanger.

Wells certainly has his chance to prove me wrong come January. That is if LSU's defensive line is healthy, if not then we have seen what mediocre running backs can do to them, i.e Ole Miss.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Dude how are you gonna call me the homer when you're calling Beanie better than 2 5 star HBs that aren't feature backs? I said Beanie was better, just not tons like you homers are saying. Play a real defense and then come tell me Beanie is god, til then shut up with the Beanie ****. And I would take Hester any day over Beanie, he's a football player, not just a running back.

Because I forgot a) Beanie was a 5* and the #3 overall recruit b) high schools stars mean everything. And the only reason you'd take Hester is because he's on your team.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Beanie is overrated, much like Mendenhall you guys play in a weak Big 10 so the stats get exaggerated

Who's your squad Fenikz? AZ State?

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I will not call it homerism, but from the few LSU games I have seen when Scott and Williams get carries they are very explosive and dangerous.

It is common for them to break 15+ yard runs. I will say that given more carries, and a featured back role they both probably would have around the same stats as Wells. A higher average per carry though, just do to their speed.

Wells suits their(OSt) offense, while LSU's backs fit the running back by committee system.

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
And that's relevant how?

It helps me understand your fruststation..

504 to ATL
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I wont nock Hester, he is a gamer. He is not a scary or dangerous player, but very dependable.

Sadly he is a role player, and does his job very well in fact, nearly too well that he steals carries away from more talented backs on the same team.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not knocking Hester. I said I enjoy watching him, but comparing him to Chris Wells is ridiculous.

O/T but I didn't know Phil Loadholt was once an LSU commit.

gstock05
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I REALLY like Keiland Williams. I agree with the LSU people that he needs to see more time, and I really don't know why he doesn't get more carries.

With that said, Chris Wells is a once in 20 year runningback recruit for a specific school.

Chris Wells is not like Adrian Peterson. Adrian wasn't nearly as powerful as Chris is. Chris is fast, has good shiftiness, but is more of a grind it out, get occasional 20 yard carries, a rare homerun hit type guy. Adrian is not NEARLY the short yardage back that Chris is.

Want a good NFL comparison to Chris Wells? I'd say... take Larry Johnson's power, then change his 40 yard dash from 4.5 to 4.4, and make him shiftier.

As far as LSU goes, their offense does scare me, but our defensive line (which was already dominant) is finally healthy. We were missing our second defensive end Lawrence Wilson who is almost as talented as Gholston, and our best defensive tackle almost the entire year. That makes me much more at ease about our d-line. I'm never worried about our defensive backfield. My biggest worry is our safeties coverage over the middle of the field with guys like Lafelle and company.

Secondly, next time any arguement goes from "which player is better" to all the SEC homers saying "Such and such player is better because he played in the SEC, and faced a much better competition" I think i'm going to have an aneurism.

Playing in a weaker conference might help a little bit, but in reality, the difference is usually very menial on an individual basis.

OhioState
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Rashard Mendenhall is not overrated. Have you seen that man play? he is amazing, i don't care who he played against

Sniper
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Rashard Mendenhall is not overrated. Have you seen that man play? he is amazing, i don't care who he played against

I guess Kevin Smith is overrated too. You know, with the weak competition and everything.

YAYareaRB
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I guess Kevin Smith is overrated too. You know, with the weak competition and everything.

I, being an LSU Fan, think Kevin Smith, Rashard Mendehall, and Chris Wells are very good/great running backs.

bored of education
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Beanie Wells
Michigan last year - 5 56 11.2 1 TDS
Michigan this year - 39 222 5.7 2 TDS
Penn St this year - 25 133 5.3
Illinois this year - 20 76 3.8 2 TDS

and when he runs for 150 plus this NC game and 150 plus against USC next year you can find a place on his wang with me! no ****

soybean
12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Beanie Wells
Michigan last year - 5 56 11.2 1 TDS
Michigan this year - 39 222 5.7 2 TDS
Penn St this year - 25 133 5.3
Illinois this year - 20 76 3.8 2 TDS

and when he runs for 150 plus this NC game and 150 plus against USC next year you can find a place on his wang with me! no ****

neither team lets runningbacks run like that on them.

for usc, i guess you can argue justin forsett. But, Chauncey ran for 200+ which just shows how important the weather was.

for LSU you can argue mcfadden but he was getting direct snaps.

mattb85
12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
How do you rank Ohio State as a second tier compared to LSU USC and Oklahoma? They all arent elite teams this year and have their weaknesses. LSU hasnt blown out anyone this year, lost games to UK and Arkansas ( at home )and nearly lost a few others. USC is loaded with talent but have been inconsistent all year long including a lost to STANFORD, who beat Notre Dame. As for Oklahoma, they have a freshman QB that should automatically put big a big question mark as to whether or no they are an ELITE team. As for OSU, they have a dominant defense with a great running game. With both of those, I dont see them being blown out by USC, LSU or Oklahoma. I see the LSU OSU game as a close one with the team that makes the least amount of mistakes winning.

bored of education
12-05-2007, 08:32 PM
yeah I think next year tOSU vs. USC game is the national championship game. to bad texas pussed out on renewing the contract of facing tOSU.

Namy
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah I think next year tOSU vs. USC game is the national championship game. to bad texas pussed out on renewing the contract of facing tOSU.
Nearly everyone is returning from Oklahoma. So don't forget about them.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
neither team lets runningbacks run like that on them.

for usc, i guess you can argue justin forsett. But, Chauncey ran for 200+ which just shows how important the weather was.

for LSU you can argue mcfadden but he was getting direct snaps.

When McFadden was getting direct snaps he was still seven yards back. Doesn't make much of a difference

gstock05
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM

I'm an Ohio State fan, but this will not be the case. I'm pretty sure West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, and Missouri will have an arguement against this one...

Turtlepower
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM

They are losing a lot to early entries. Mark my word.

draftguru151
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm not knocking Hester. I said I enjoy watching him, but comparing him to Chris Wells is ridiculous.

O/T but I didn't know Phil Loadholt was once an LSU commit.

Imagine a left side of Loadholt and Herman Johnson. >_<

soybean
12-05-2007, 09:02 PM

eh, stoops gets a lot of criticism from sooner fans for "not being able to win the big game"

he's a great coach and would like to see him lead his team to a NC though.

504 to ATL
12-06-2007, 12:43 AM
The more I analyze it I really believe direct snaps with the option of a hand off or pitch is significantly more dangerous than a direct hand off to a running back.

In LSU's case, they really were only run on well when McFadden got direct snaps and had the option of handing it off to a nearly as dangerous Felix Jones. Also, Tebow getting direct snaps and having Harvin as an option. Lastly ole miss with their scrambling quarterback.

Wells is a good player but for this game in particular since he is getting handoffs I think he will truly have to "grind" it out.

Sniper
12-06-2007, 01:25 AM
eh, stoops gets a lot of criticism from sooner fans for "not being able to win the big game"

he's a great coach and would like to see him lead his team to a NC though.

Um...

Do the score of 13-2 and the year 2000 ring a bell?

RCAChainGang
12-06-2007, 08:11 AM
How do you rank Ohio State as a second tier compared to LSU USC and Oklahoma? They all arent elite teams this year and have their weaknesses. LSU hasnt blown out anyone this year, lost games to UK and Arkansas ( at home )and nearly lost a few others. USC is loaded with talent but have been inconsistent all year long including a lost to STANFORD, who beat Notre Dame. As for Oklahoma, they have a freshman QB that should automatically put big a big question mark as to whether or no they are an ELITE team. As for OSU, they have a dominant defense with a great running game. With both of those, I dont see them being blown out by USC, LSU or Oklahoma. I see the LSU OSU game as a close one with the team that makes the least amount of mistakes winning.

Um... Let me correct you on that.
Blown out games...

Mississippi St. 45-0 LSU
#9 Virginia Tech 48-7 LSU
Middle Tennessee 44-0 LSU
#12 South Carolina 28-15 LSU (Not A Big Blow Out, But Sweeped A Great Team)
Tulane 34-9 LSU
Louisiana Tech 58-10 LSU

And the loss to Kentucky was at Kentucky.

Coming out of the best conference in College Football, I'd say they deserve #1 even over Ohio State. I think LSU won't have much trouble in the Championship.

Sniper
12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
#12 South Carolina 28-15 LSU (Not A Big Blow Out, But Sweeped A Great Team)

What the **** does "sweeped" mean?

RCAChainGang
12-06-2007, 08:32 AM
What the **** does "sweeped" mean?

Give me a ******* break.

Sweeped - Didn't have a chance at winning. LSU had that game the whole way no doubt. If you watched it you would understand that the momentum for LSU was tremendous.

Sniper
12-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Give me a ******* break.

Sweeped - Didn't have a chance at winning. LSU had that game the whole way no doubt. If you watched it you would understand that the momentum for LSU was tremendous.

I just don't understand what the word "sweeped" means in this context. I did watch it, and I thought LSU had it in the bag. I just didn't understand your lingo.

keylime_5
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
South Carolina is not going to a bowl, and everyone here in Columbia would tell you that they are far from a great team. End of topic for me anyways.

Teams can run on LSU, Arkansas didn't only run on them with McFadden, they never stopped Hillis or Jones on the ground either and those were on handoffs. The game is gonna rely on the outcome of the OSU OLine vs LSU DLine matchup the most. If it is about even or in tOSU's favor then Beanie will have room to get chunks of yards. This is all assuming our defense doesn't melt down of course. I don't think LSU has faced a front 5 as good as the Buckeyes yet this year and vice versa, so it should be interesting.

Sniper
12-06-2007, 11:28 AM
South Carolina is not going to a bowl, and everyone here in Columbia would tell you that they are far from a great team. End of topic for me anyways.

Teams can run on LSU, Arkansas didn't only run on them with McFadden, they never stopped Hillis or Jones on the ground either and those were on handoffs. The game is gonna rely on the outcome of the OSU OLine vs LSU DLine matchup the most. If it is about even or in tOSU's favor then Beanie will have room to get chunks of yards. This is all assuming our defense doesn't melt down of course. I don't think LSU has faced a front 5 as good as the Buckeyes yet this year and vice versa, so it should be interesting.

You think Boone and Barton will stay in shape this year?

keylime_5
12-06-2007, 12:29 PM
they better or else they'll &#!* up our national championship again.

soybean
12-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Um...

Do the score of 13-2 and the year 2000 ring a bell?

now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. that was 7 to 8 years ago... what has he done since? Win a holiday bowl over oregon?

Sniper
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. that was 7 to 8 years ago... what has he done since? Win a holiday bowl over oregon?

You said he hasn't won a big game. I assume we don't count NCs as big games anymore.

504 to ATL
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
How many teams can run the formation Arkansas does with the same caliber of weapons at their disposal as McFadden, and Jones? Probably no one.

Like I have said, scrambling QB's and direct snaps are the way to run on LSU.

gstock05
12-06-2007, 03:09 PM
How many teams can run the formation Arkansas does with the same caliber of weapons at their disposal as McFadden, and Jones? Probably no one.

Like I have said, scrambling QB's and direct snaps are the way to run on LSU.

I'm pretty sure any team with a good runningback can put him in at quarterback and have him take a direct snap...

YAYareaRB
12-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Let it be known.. The LSU Defense will fold Beanie Wells like a napkin..

keylime_5
12-06-2007, 08:22 PM
This is more intended for the Ohio State crowd, but on theozone.net's forum they were replacing all the 'O's in their posts with 'eaux's. It was pretty hilarious, go check it out.

www.theozone.net click on fan forum and scroll down.

irishbucks
12-07-2007, 12:12 AM
key lime
thanks for posting that site. its one the best buckeyes sites out there.

the two best stats out there LSU is 0-1-1 against the Buckeyes and Les Miles is 0-3 against the Buckeyes ( 0-2 has a player and 0-1 has a coach)

Sniper
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
key lime
thanks for posting that site. its one the best buckeyes sites out there.

the two best stats out there LSU is 0-1-1 against the Buckeyes and Les Miles is 0-3 against the Buckeyes ( 0-2 has a player and 0-1 has a coach)

Well, something's got to give since OSU is 0-8 against SEC teams in bowl games.

P-L
12-07-2007, 08:57 AM
These stats are irrelevant. Les Miles has never had the talent he has right now at LSU. You're seriously bringing up Les Miles' stats against OSU as a player? What does that have to do with anything? Miles has never coached against these Ohio State players.

keylime_5
12-07-2007, 09:19 AM
OSU is 0-8 vs the SEC in the bowls. But OSU is also 5-0 against the big 12. Does that mean that we can't lose to the big 12 in a bowl? pretty goofy argument right there if you ask me, past records mean nothing whether it be LSU's record vs Ohio State or Ohio State's record vs the SEC (which btw is basically since like 1990 or so).

YAYareaRB
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
OSU is 0-8 vs the SEC in the bowls. But OSU is also 5-0 against the big 12. Does that mean that we can't lose to the big 12 in a bowl? pretty goofy argument right there if you ask me, past records mean nothing whether it be LSU's record vs Ohio State or Ohio State's record vs the SEC (which btw is basically since like 1990 or so).

They'll definitely being trying hard to end the trend..

irishbucks
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
These stats are irrelevant. Les Miles has never had the talent he has right now at LSU. You're seriously bringing up Les Miles' stats against OSU as a player? What does that have to do with anything? Miles has never coached against these Ohio State players.

last time Ohio state played against Les Miles was in 2004 which was the Alamo Bowl when which was the last game he coached at Oklahoma State.

i have read on many different sites e.g. tigerdroppings and espn.com that records argument is valid. Granted, that Ohio State is 0-8 against the SEC in a bowl.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM
These stats are beyond stupid.

Did you know that LSU is 44-12 when Les Miles wears a hat but only 30-16 when he doesn't?

Somebody should hide all of his hats.

Oh wait...but he's 30-4 when not wearing a hat in a dome, so maybe that won't work.

Sniper
12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
These stats are beyond stupid.

Did you know that LSU is 44-12 when Les Miles wears a hat but only 30-16 when he doesn't?

Somebody should hide all of his hats.

Oh wait...but he's 30-4 when not wearing a hat in a dome, so maybe that won't work.

61-0 when his team scores more points than the other
0-37 when they don't

keylime_5
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Tressel has never lost while wearing a gray sweatervest at night. just kidding, but that is possibly true. Stats like this are dorky, they don't tell you who's is gonna win the game, only who won games before. I mean in the MLB playoffs, the Indians got swept by the Yankees in the regular season 6-0 but soundly beat NY in the postseason. Same kinda thing is gonna happen January 7th.

RCAChainGang
12-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Stop with these weird stats. I really doubt Miles having a hat will matter in NC. I don't see myself as a homer, but I have always seen SEC as the best conference. LSU with Dorsey healthy will be run stuffers. I promise you with everyone healthy our defense is pretty stacked. In the Arkansas game the only one who looked on there game was Ali Highsmith (Career Day For Him).

keylime_5
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Outland/Lombardi/Nagurski award winner Glenn Dorsey vs Butkus and former Lombardi award winner James Laurinaitis will be in this one. A couple fun guys to watch do their thing on D.

afftbl10
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
osu hangs in early with superior coaching, lsu runs away late with superior talent. how is osu going to stop all of the lsu offensive weapons?

is glenn dorsey going to be 100% for the game?

LonghornsLegend
12-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Stop with these weird stats. I really doubt Miles having a hat will matter in NC.

They werent being serious with the other stats, they were making fun of how meaningless those stats mean in a game...It provides some talk before the game with useless stats but thats all they are, useless...they dont mean anything when these 2 teams play

But I am interested to if Dorsey will be 100%

gstock05
12-08-2007, 04:49 PM
osu hangs in early with superior coaching, lsu runs away late with superior talent. how is osu going to stop all of the lsu offensive weapons?

is glenn dorsey going to be 100% for the game?

How? A dominating defensive line, a dominating back cornerback tandem, and the best linebacker in the country might be able to stop a decent LSU offense.

keylime_5
12-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I know LSU is really talented and has more seniors and all...but are they really more talented that tOSU? I think tOSU is just less experienced and not as deep at WR and DT and that's about it. We are in transition years at WR and DT, we were stacked at those positions last year but lost all our depth, and got a lot of commits coming in to replenish the talent level........but across the board OSU is just as talented as any other team in the country pretty much. Our defense is so talented it's almost sick, they get underrated in that sense.

It seems like the media (not necessarily the fans) has only 1 reason why LSU is gonna win and that is "they played a much tougher schedule". Well no arguing that, but You are what you are no matter who you play. 2007 Ohio State is a better and more talented, faster team that 2002 Ohio STate, a team that was 12.5 point dogs to the fastest team in the world, Miami, and still won anyways. We are only 5.5 dogs this year and that's factoring in the homefield advantage of LSU, so I think the media is off their rockers. This LSU team is not close to 2006 Florida, plus this year's OSU team is far hungrier, will be in better shape, and has the "us vs the world' mentality as opposed to the "we're the best team already" mentality of the unprepared 2006 squad.

12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I know LSU is really talented and has more seniors and all...but are they really more talented that tOSU? I think tOSU is just less experienced and not as deep at WR and DT and that's about it. We are in transition years at WR and DT, we were stacked at those positions last year but lost all our depth, and got a lot of commits coming in to replenish the talent level........but across the board OSU is just as talented as any other team in the country pretty much. Our defense is so talented it's almost sick, they get underrated in that sense.

It seems like the media (not necessarily the fans) has only 1 reason why LSU is gonna win and that is "they played a much tougher schedule". Well no arguing that, but You are what you are no matter who you play. 2007 Ohio State is a better and more talented, faster team that 2002 Ohio STate, a team that was 12.5 point dogs to the fastest team in the world, Miami, and still won anyways. We are only 5.5 dogs this year and that's factoring in the homefield advantage of LSU, so I think the media is off their rockers. This LSU team is not close to 2006 Florida, plus this year's OSU team is far hungrier, will be in better shape, and has the "us vs the world' mentality as opposed to the "we're the best team already" mentality of the unprepared 2006 squad.

besides beanie wells ohio state doesnt have anyone else on offense im that scared of however theres no questioning their talent level on defense but LSU is arguably the best in the nation on that side of the ball. therefore LSU has the advantage heading into the game plus they've prepared all year for the NC with the strength of their schedule.

keylime_5
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
LSU is talented no doubt on D, but the did give up a crap load to Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas, which is not something to brag about. OSU's only real flaw all year on defense was that they couldn't stop Juice Williams from running the ball in his spread option at Illinois - they contained Rashard Mendenhall, but couldn't stop Juice. Mike Hart had like 40 yards and 2 ypc on us.

Also, don't discount Robiskie, Hartline, and Small at WR for us. the Brians might not be the burners that Gonzo and Ginn were, but they have great hands and run precise routes, and have been making the clutch plays all year. The only thing that'll stop us on offense probably would be the Bad Todd Boeckman. Hopefully we'll see Penn State game Todd and not Illinois game Todd.

Rich Jr
12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
LSU is talented no doubt on D, but the did give up a crap load to Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas, which is not something to brag about. OSU's only real flaw all year on defense was that they couldn't stop Juice Williams from running the ball in his spread option at Illinois - they contained Rashard Mendenhall, but couldn't stop Juice. Mike Hart had like 40 yards and 2 ypc on us.

Also, don't discount Robiskie, Hartline, and Small at WR for us. the Brians might not be the burners that Gonzo and Ginn were, but they have great hands and run precise routes, and have been making the clutch plays all year. The only thing that'll stop us on offense probably would be the Bad Todd Boeckman. Hopefully we'll see Penn State game Todd and not Illinois game Todd.Dorsey hasn't played a complete game since South Carolina.

Robiskie is the real deal and he scares me. But, I like the matchup of Jackson-Zenon on Robiskie-Hartline. With the exception of the Bama game the only offenses that have hurt us are running QB's. Our defenses are essentially the same. It's our offenses that are different.

LSU=Spread

OSU=Pro Style

I think Perrilloux is this years Tebow against you guys. He'll run and run and run and when you think he's going to run he throws the bomb.

keylime_5
12-08-2007, 06:20 PM
LSU has a kind of spread, but it's not Urban Meyer's spread option gimmick offense that was killer. LSU just likes to put 4 and 5 wide out more is all, other than that the offenses are very similar. Both have mediocre QBs who can manage the game and have been extremely inconsistent despite showing flashes at times. Both love to run the ball and can run the ball extremely well. LSU and OSU both match up well against each other, it is no FLorida/OSU like last year where Florida's matchups were completely in their favor, hence that is why we made Vanderbilt look like an NFL team compared to how we showed.

irishbucks
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
is lsu spread more like northwestern?

504 to ATL
12-09-2007, 03:57 AM
People continuously forget that toward the tail end of the season LSU played games and often times many snaps without their Starting DT, MLB, WLB, and both Safeties. I would figure that would help out any struggling offense and get them going.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
LSU is more of a spread not spread option. There is a difference. If OSU is smart they'll realize we only run the option in that stupid "pistol" formation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcUVLK4T9YI

BTW, Beanie has nothing on this guy..

Or this guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0QSk8aWVB0

Bengals1690
12-09-2007, 02:23 PM
LSU is more of a spread not spread option. There is a difference. If OSU is smart they'll realize we only run the option in that stupid "pistol" formation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcUVLK4T9YI

BTW, Beanie has nothing on this guy..

Or this guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0QSk8aWVB0

Those guys couldn't hold Well's jock.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Those guys couldn't hold Well's jock.

Wells 5.8 YPC

Williams 6.7 YPC and he's our 2nd string

Scott 7.4 YPC as our 3rd string

Man you can't be serious. These guys would put up monster numbers if they got more touches.

keylime_5
12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
There's always a stats nerd who thinks he's right b/c of ypc. You can't compare two players on two different teams who both play different schedules, have different offensive schemes and offensive lines, etc. If Beanie was on LSU he'd be their best offensive player, get over it. Keiland Williams, Charles Scott, and Jacob Hester wish they were Beanie Wells and so does Less Miles

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
There's always a stats nerd who thinks he's right b/c of ypc. You can't compare two players on two different teams who both play different schedules, have different offensive schemes and offensive lines, etc. If Beanie was on LSU he'd be their best offensive player, get over it. Keiland Williams, Charles Scott, and Jacob Hester wish they were Beanie Wells and so does Less Miles
Hester's the 4th best RB on our team. Miles has a love fest with him for some reason.

Wells would not start over Keiland.

Scott maybe but not Keiland.

As for best offensive player..

Doucet>Wells
Byrd>Wells
H. Johnson> Wells
C. Black>Wells

And yes, I just named 2 OL that are better on our O than Wells would be on our O.

iowatreat54
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM

not to mention the whole YPC stat comparison means absolutely nothing when one has a ton more carries than the other player, let alone over double the carries of 2 of the players combined...

YAYareaRB
12-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Hester's the 4th best RB on our team. Miles has a love fest with him for some reason.

Doucet>Wells
Byrd>Wells
H. Johnson> Wells
C. Black>Wells

And yes, I just named 2 OL that are better on our O than Wells would be on our O.

You have no idea.. Chris Wells is one of the best running backs to come around in a long time. If he was on our team, He'd definitely be the go to guy.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Well i'm not going to sit back and watch people deny the talent of CS and KW simply because they have a love fest for Wells.

YAYareaRB
12-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Well i'm not going to sit back and watch people deny the talent of CS and KW simply because they have a love fest for Wells.

I'm an LSU FANATIC! But you're having a lovefest with KW and CS.. and they don't even start.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm an LSU FANATIC! But you're having a lovefest with KW and CS.. and they don't even start.If you are indeed an LSU fan you'd know the only reason Hester starts is because he's a Senior.

Look, I don't want to be a homer like some on here obviously are. I'm not here to deny the talent of Wells he's just not head and shoulders better than KW or CS for that matter.

YAYareaRB
12-09-2007, 05:04 PM
If you are indeed an LSU fan you'd know the only reason Hester starts is because he's a Senior.

Look, I don't want to be a homer like some on here obviously are. I'm not here to deny the talent of Wells he's just not head and shoulders better than KW or CS for that matter.

Hester starts because he worked his butt off and is the type of running back Les Miles likes to use.. a hard nosed north and south runner. His numbers aren't evident that he shouldn't start.

iowatreat54
12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Hester starts because he worked his butt off and is the type of running back Les Miles likes to use.. a hard nosed north and south runner. His numbers aren't evident that he shouldn't start.

Personally, this year I like what LSU has done...they play Hester the majority of the time because he's a good north-south runner like you mentioned, with power and some speed, plus he's reliable...then they can bring in their quick backs to burn the D that has been used to Hester all game...now, Scott and Williams may be the better backs, but the way they utilize all their backs is very successful, and I think would be more successful than platooning Scott/Williams/whoever and then occasionally using Hester

Sniper
12-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Doucet>Wells
Byrd>Wells
H. Johnson> Wells
C. Black>Wells

Wow....easily a top 10 dumbest comment I've ever seen on here. Don't allow your homerism to get in the way of facts next time. Doucet is arguably the most overrated player in college football. Guy's never cracked 800 yards and he's supposed to be amazing.

YPC for backups doesn't mean anything, unless you think Felix Jones is the best back in America.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Wow....easily a top 10 dumbest comment I've ever seen on here. Don't allow your homerism to get in the way of facts next time. Doucet is arguably the most overrated player in college football. Guy's never cracked 800 yards and he's supposed to be amazing.

YPC for backups doesn't mean anything, unless you think Felix Jones is the best back in America.
In '04, '05, and '06 he was behind 2 1st round picks. What do you expect? This year he was hurt for 5 games. Getting 772 yards on 59 catches and 8 TD's behind two 1st round picks last year was pretty damn good.

If YPC don't matter why even keep stats? Saying it doesn't matter is an ignorant statement. If anything it's an indicator of what could be.

12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
In '04, '05, and '06 he was behind 2 1st round picks. What do you expect? This year he was hurt for 5 games. Getting 772 yards on 59 catches and 8 TD's behind two 1st round picks last year was pretty damn good.

If YPC don't matter why even keep stats? Saying it doesn't matter is an ignorant statement. If anything it's an indicator of what could be.

with bowe and davis getting all the attention last year it helped him accumulate those stats, this year he was supposed to be "the guy" and has underachieved considerably.

Sniper
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM

For backups, it doesn't matter. It's much harder to tote the rock 25-30 times a game and average 4-5 ypc compared to 8-10 carries for 6-7 ypc

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
with bowe and davis getting all the attention last year it helped him accumulate those stats, this year he was supposed to be "the guy" and has underachieved considerably.Out for 5 games.

KW and CS can do that.

Wells couldn't average 5.8 in the SEC.

Sniper
12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Out for 5 games.

KW and CS can do that.

Wells couldn't average 5.8 in the SEC.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah sure he couldn't.

gstock05
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
If you are indeed an LSU fan you'd know the only reason Hester starts is because he's a Senior.

You're completely backtreading on your previous post. If you're going to say something, mean it, don't be wishy washy.

Look, nobody is saying KW and Scott are bad. However, if you ask, 90% of the people outside lil'weesiana would take Chris Wells. And anyway, don't let other people's homeristic opinion get in the way of the truth. If tons of people came on this board saying tom brady is the best quarterback that will ever play the game, that would be stupid. But that doesn't make it true that he's not the best quarterback in the game right now. Get what I'm saying?

draftguru151
12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Keiland Williams is a great player and I think he is going to be something special, but there is one RB in the nation that you can argue is better, and that's McFadden. LSU homers are one of a kind.

Rich Jr
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh well, none of this will matter after LSU leaves with the crystal ball.

ThePudge
12-09-2007, 08:26 PM
LSU is unbeatable, with that incredible defense and what not. Speaking of that defense though, didn't they allow 43 points to Kentucky and 50 to Arkansas. Two one dimensional offenses. They finished 11-2, but could've easily finished 7-5 (Florida, Auburn, and Alabama were all a bit too close for comfort). I can see Florida, they're a great team and Tebow's nearly unstoppable, but Alabama and Auburn both have struggled greatly this year.

Sorry LSU, the Buckeyes aren't one dimensional and Beanie Wells is one of the hottest RB's in the country. It's ridiculous to say any of LSU's backs touch Wells. Almost hilarious. Let me say, I'm a huge Keiland Williams fan. I think he'll be a great NFL prospect in a year or two. However, right now, he's not close to the player Wells is and will not get half the touches. You used some stats before, to help your point I guess. So let me add some that really matter...

Beanie has played hurt all year basically. What I'll focus on is the last 5 games of the season to illustrate his hot streak.

Wells - 136 car 821 yds 8 Td's
Williams + Scott + Hester combined- 143 car 758 yds 8 Td's

But hey, you're right, every individual one of these guys is probably better than Wells hahah

diabsoule
12-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Keiland Williams is a great player and I think he is going to be something special, but there is one RB in the nation that you can argue is better, and that's McFadden. LSU homers are one of a kind.

I think all homers are one of a kind regardless of which school their defending. I never quite got why people will defend their school or professional team blindly.

Javzz
12-09-2007, 10:54 PM

Does anyone really need to argue that McFadden is better?

diabsoule
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM

I was wondering that myself.

What this game is going to come down to is the same thing that last year's national championship came down to:

The speed of the SEC vs. The strength of the Big 10

I know the SEC has it's strength too and the Big 10 has it's speed but last year Florida was able to smoke Ohio State because they were just too fast for them. I don't see LSU blowing Ohio State out of the water at all. I don't think Jim Tressel will allow that and I don't think Les Miles is the type of coach that wants to jump out to an incredible lead. LSU has hardly done that this year except against the teams they should do that to. I think this game is going to be a little too close for comfort especially as an LSU fan. I think LSU will win just because their my team and I think they are just a little more talented than Ohio State, especially after most of their injured players get healthy.

draftguru151
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM

Um, no lol. Kinda worded that wrong.