PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oher

Nick22401
12-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Scott, what is your opinion on him? I don't see him in your mock or mentioned in your rankings which I find puzzling.

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Scott, what is your opinion on him? I don't see him in your mock or mentioned in your rankings which I find puzzling.

It's because he's a junior. Scott ranks seniors and only a select few juniors.

Nick22401
12-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Well why isn't he one of the "select" juniors and included like others are?

BamaFalcon59
12-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I really need to pick up 'The Blind Side'.

Primetime21
12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Well why isn't he one of the "select" juniors and included like others are?

The popular opinion that he is gonna stay for his senior season so there is really no uses to scout him now.

Scott Wright
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
He could be a 1st rounder this year but if he goes back it will be him and Loadholt battling to be next year's Jake Long. I think he should go back personally.

By the way, if you haven't read "The Blind Side" yet I highly recommend it!

Don Vito
12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Oher said he's probably gonna stay, he's excited about Nutt and said himself that playing under Nutt will be fun. If Orgeron stuck around he probably would've left for the pros. Oher has been a great LT for Ole Miss and I hope he sticls around Oxfor for another season, we will need him to protect Jevan Snead. And for anyone who hasn't read The Blindside and enjoys football then it is a must-read.

etk
12-03-2007, 11:02 PM
He could be a 1st rounder this year but if he goes back it will be him and Loadholt battling to be next year's Jake Long. I think he should go back personally.

I keep forgetting to buy it, ugh. There hasn't been an undercover football book that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed, so IDK what I'm waiting for.

Nick22401
12-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Oher said he's probably gonna stay, he's excited about Nutt and said himself that playing under Nutt will be fun. If Orgeron stuck around he probably would've left for the pros. Oher has been a great LT for Ole Miss and I hope he sticls around Oxfor for another season, we will need him to protect Jevan Snead. And for anyone who hasn't read The Blindside and enjoys football then it is a must-read.

You have a link to where he said this?

gunn
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM

What are your opinions on Loadholt? Or if anyone else has seen a bit of tape on him, can I get some of your thoughts?

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Did you see Oher take on LSU's D-line? They were getting so frustrated with him because he was letting no one penetrate.

singe_101
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM

How come I had never heard of him before I read that? Was he really only 7th best (at OT) as Rivals had him? He didn't get nearly as much pub as Andre Smith, did he? But he sounds as good in the article, I didn't read the whole book.

Also a good one about him gutting through the hard times... I picked up the actual magazine in the library and couldn't put it down, it was so long it took about 30 minutes.

Isn't this it? "The Ballad of Big Mike"
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/24/magazine/24football.html?ex=1316750400&en=e3741e2aa718bb81&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
Probably a chapter in the book Blindside by Michael Lewis.

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
How come I had never heard of him before I read that? He didn't get nearly as much pub as Andre Smith, did he? But he sounds as good.

He was a high school All-American...

singe_101
12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
He was a high school All-American...

Okay, my bad. I'm not very devoted to high school recruits in football though I'll check the top 10.

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay, my bad. I'm not very devoted to high school recruits in football though I'll check the top 10.

He just didn't get the media praise until the book because he played for Ole Miss post-Eli Manning.