PDA

View Full Version : Chris "Beanie" Wells

Aceman
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
I know he's still just a sophomore, but what type of prospect is he considered to be? He was incredibly hyped out of high school and has been very productive this year, but I'm not sure what his NFL potential is supposed to be like.

BuddyCHRIST
12-02-2007, 11:38 PM
he should be a top back, alot depends on how fast he runs but he looks pretty fast on the field. He has excellent size and looks like a natural runner. It would be nice to see him show more ability as a receiver but thats probably due more to OSU's offense.

BroadwayJoe10
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I know he's still just a sophomore, but what type of prospect is he considered to be? He was incredibly hyped out of high school and has been very productive this year, but I'm not sure what his NFL potential is supposed to be like.

I was wondering the same thing about this guy. From everything that I have seen, he has shown good speed as well as great shiftiness and runs very hard. I like his ability to run between the tackles and I LOVE his stiff arm. I don't know too much, I'm sure some of the OSU fans on here will be able to give a better description, but I do know that he is one of 11 children and it always seems that top players in the NFL always have a cool story about their childhood.

draftguru151
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Looks like a potential top 10 pick, still very early though.

Freddy G
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
He is getting better, but for a guy his size he tends to pussyfoot around in the backfield sometimes instead of making his own hole.

Like someone said, his 40 time is going to be a make or break for him. He seems to have pretty good speed for someone his size, but i am not sure how that translates to the stop watch.

Also, shows some pretty good vision and cutback ability for a big man. If he learns to hit the hole a bit harder he could be a monster in the ZBS.

Xonraider
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Probably one of the top backs if he repeats his season...

Texas Homer
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I think chris wells will be a top 10 pick whenever he comes out.

I think he can and will be a very productive rb when he gets in the nfl.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
He is getting better, but for a guy his size he tends to pussyfoot around in the backfield sometimes instead of making his own hole.

Like someone said, his 40 time is going to be a make or break for him. He seems to have pretty good speed for someone his size, but i am not sure how that translates to the stop watch.

Also, shows some pretty good vision and cutback ability for a big man. If he learns to hit the hole a bit harder he could be a monster in the ZBS.

I'd peg him around a high 4.4 to low 4.5 right now.

bored of education
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I think even if he runs a 4.5, that he is still going to be an elite back. Once he learns to have some patience then bust out once he sees opening watch out. i wouldn't be shocked if he drops a 4.44 type 40 though. His game speed is unreal.

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
He could likley enter the draft next year as a top 15 pick.

P-L
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I think he will come out next year and be the #1 RB off the board (assuming Darren McFadden declares this year).

Bengals1690
12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Guy is as striaght BEAST. We all saw the Michigan game. Consider that his coming out party. He WILL compete for the heisman next year. I would take him over any back on the bengals.

Race for the Heisman
12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
He's a playmaker. He can run inside or outside, he's got a great stiff arm and is more than capable of running guys over, although he doesn't actively seek unneccessary contact. He runs with high knees which is good form-wise in terms of injury prevention but he always seems a little dinged up (ankle for most of the season, had a hand injury for a while, and he did something to his hamstring against Michigan). No questioning his heart though, guy just runs and runs. No question about carrying the load either. He seemed to sort out the fumbling issues of his freshmen year which is a definite plus. I like his intangibles, too, seems like a pretty good guy. He's got a little 'it' factor, too, case in point being the 41-yarder against Michigan last year. He doesn't seem hugely quick but I'd put that down to his stride. He's got a good frame (6'1", 240 lbs.) and usually keeps a good pad level for a size that is sometimes considered just little too much on the tall side. He falls forward and gets the extra one-two that can often seperate an elite back. He doesn't have breakaway speed but he's definitely capable of running with/past safeties, maybe high 4.4, low 4.5. He does sort of dance at times instead of trucking guys but he does have pretty good feet and isn't really a true powerback. He reminds me somewhat of Jamal Lewis when he was in his prime.

Babylon
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Peterson's success and McFadden most likely being a top 3 or 4 pick only helps Well's stock that much more. Cant see him dropping past the top half dozen picks next year.

gstock05
12-03-2007, 09:05 PM
He's the most powerful runningback in college football this year. The thing most people dont notice is he has been playing injured almost all year. He wont have surgery until offseason. I guess he has bone chip fragments in his ankle... If he had been healthy the entire year, he would have a lot more yards.

12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
kinda is reminiscent of another buckeye RB, Eddie George.

Michigan
12-03-2007, 09:10 PM
i've never seen a 6'1 240 RB move as fast as wells does. top 10 pick for sure.

BamaFalcon59
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
but for a guy his size he tends to pussyfoot around in the backfield sometimes instead of making his own hole.

It seems that almost every big man with good speed has this problem. Ron Dayne, TJ Duckett, etc etc.. Very rare to get a 240+ pound back with good speed and aggressiveness. Brandon Jacobs does it but his game speed isn't quite as impressive as his timed speed.