PDA

View Full Version : Is Rucker a 1st round TE

Mauler97
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
If so late first, top-15 or what?

I'd guess 15-25 range, in the Jason Witten mold.

bigboiajhawk
12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
I really like rucker, I think either him or fred davis will go in the draft, davis is faster, but rucker is a complete package. If Rucker runs a decent forty time he should be a first round pick. I think one of those two will go late first round.

Don Vito
12-03-2007, 03:13 AM
I am a big fan of Martin Rucker, he is my personal favorite TE in this class. He probably won't run a blazing forty but like Marcedes Lewis a few years ago, he is a great athlete with polished receiving skills. Rucker is a better all-around TE than Lewis however, and I believe he is the best TE prospect in this class.

TitanHope
12-03-2007, 03:42 PM
In my view, no senior TE will go in the 1st RD. Fred Davis and Martin Rucker are likely 2nd RD picks, with Davis being the better receiver and Rucker being the best all around. In my opinion, the only TE that could go in the 1st RD is Martellus Bennett if he declares.

Babylon
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
In my view, no senior TE will go in the 1st RD. Fred Davis and Martin Rucker are likely 2nd RD picks, with Davis being the better receiver and Rucker being the best all around. In my opinion, the only TE that could go in the 1st RD is Martellus Bennett if he declares.

I agree with Davis and Rucker in round 2. Chase Coffman could get into the mix if he declares(dont think he will) and John Carlson should be a 1st day pick.

Smokey Joe
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I like but more as a 2nd round pick, same with Davis. Bennett, if he declares which looks like a certainty now, will be the top TE in this class. Beckum probably won't declare but next year he can be a first round pick, but he might he isn't really a TE but rather a Chris Cooley H-Back type, which isn't a bad thing.

Also, I personally see Tamme in the 3-4 range, and John Carlson going anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th round. I could see Dustin Keller from Purdue jumping up there as well and getting into the 3rd round.

BaLLiN
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
probably mid-second, looks pretty fast and athletic for a TE

Bobo
12-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I've only seen Rucker a few times now, but I don't see how he is an "all around TE". With the spread offense he's in, I don't think I even saw him once line up with his hand down on the l.o.s. and block. Not saying he can't block, but is there evidence that he can?

Add to that he's a very thin TE. Looked like a big WR to me. And he didn't even look all that athletic.

I've seen Davis a little more, and he's looked like a better TE to me. He blocked, not great, but solid. He looked more athletic and fast to me.

I'd think Rucker is maybe a 2nd rounder.

jbeans187
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Rucker does have room to fill out his frame a little more but if you watch him play he always gets yards after the initial contact and moves a pile, he plays stronger than he looks. Plus he has great character he has worked hard to improve every year and is a team leader with no baggage.

Bobo
12-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah he looks like he has room to fill out, but that sometimes slows people down. Davis looks bigger to me, more TE sized.