PDA

View Full Version : Dorien Bryant - WR - Purdue

Wootylicous
12-03-2007, 11:57 AM
What's the word on this guy? Is he a day 1 prospect ?

bored of education
12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
If I am not mistaken (which I probably am) I think he has awesome hands, catches anything. I maybe wrong. Also, a good route runner.

tylerb929
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Small, fast, shifty, good hands, decent route runner. He's Curits Painter's go-to-guy (Dustin Keller is a close second), they always work him into the game plan and get him as many touches as possible, he'll get some reverses, some deep balls, some slants, and some screens. He's a good kick return, was one of the best at the beginning of the year but they just stopped kicking to him.

I think he's going to go up the draft board a little bit after he runs at the combine, probably somewhere around 4.4 second range in the 40, I'd guess he's a late second to mid third rounder. He probably compares best to Devery Henderson with better hands/route running and a little less speed (very Santana Moss-ish).

cardsalltheway
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Basically like tylerb said, he's a guy that you can put use in a lot of different ways and would work well under guys like Mike Martz, Sean Payton, etc. However, I think at best he'll be a solid #2 for you and he wouldn't be a good fit for every team. I like the poor man's Santana Moss comparison and would say he is a Day 1 kind of guy.

Race for the Heisman
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Not in the new day one, IMO. Maybe a third rounder, but I see quite a few guys going over him, enough to push him into the third I think.

cardsalltheway
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot Day one is now just two rounds. I'd say he's on the fringe of day one then. Definitely first three rounds though.

BamaFalcon59
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
In the same class of Eddie Royal from Virginia Tech. I believe. 3rd or 4th round most likely as a punt returner, kick returner, and wide receiver.

tylerb929
12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
He'd be a good pick for a team that needs some WR help and a kick returner but doesn't want to use the early pick on DeSean Jackson, Harry Douglas, or someone in that mold. He could come right in and play the slot for a lot of teams and eventually develop into a solid #2. I think the teams that will give him the most attention are the ones who need a little help in the return game aswell, I'm thinking maybe the Bucs in round 2 if his combine is good enough, he could be Galloway's replacement (although he's not quite that fast).

marks01234
12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Boy has some jets - I agree with most of the above and think he is a 4th/5th rounder.

MaxV
12-07-2007, 02:32 PM
His size will knock him down imo, but I think he'll outproduce most of the WR that'll be picked before him.

tylerb929
12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Is he going to the Senior Bowl? or the East-West Shrine Game? that could definately improve his stock, kinda the way Sinorice Moss did.

Go_Eagles77
12-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't mind the eagles picking him up in the middle rounds. We desperately need a good return man.