PDA

View Full Version : King2am's Revised Mock

king2am
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, the first go round for me was a little rough. Hopefully after a second look, this works a little better.

The second round was because I had some time on my hands, so forgive me if there wasn't a ton of thought put into all of them.

Have fun.

1. Miam Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey, I still see him as having the most positive impact on this defense.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Long, there is a reason Bulger is always on the ground.

3. New England Patriots: Darren McFadden, the rich get richer.

4. New York Jets: Chris Long, with McFadden gone, Chris Long makes the most sense.

5. Atlanta Falcons: Brian Brohm, he knows the system and will give Petrino a longer stay in Atlanta.

6. Oakland Raiders: Sedrick Ellis, Impact player along the D-line, just what the doctor ordered.

7. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Loadholt, road grader in the truest form.

8. Baltimore Ravens: Andre Woodson, seems to be the guy everyone wants in Baltimore.

9. Cincinatti Bengals: James Laurinitais, attitude, leadership, he's got it all. Oh, and he can play ball too.

10. Washington Redskins: Calais Campbell, high motor guy that can make a splash right away.

11. Philadelphia Eagles: Reggie Smith, with the way they loathe taking wide receivers, my next guess would be someone who can make a difference against Romo and company.

12. New Orleans Saints: Malcom Jenkins, makes the most sense, and it's the best value.

13. Houston Texans: Ryan Clady, please please keep Schaub on his feet.

14. Denver Broncos: Dan Connor, the latest to come off the assembly line from Linebacker U.

15. Chicago Bears: Matt Ryan, Funny the way things work out. Without having to move up, the Bears get the most glaring hole on their team, filled.

16. Carolina Panthers: Kenny Phillips, they can't keep ignoring safety.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Vernon Gholston, All quarterbacks are gone (although i'm not sure now that they'd take one), Phillips leaves right before them, Smith a few picks earlier. Christmas in April, Gholston it is.

18. Detroit Lions: Sam Baker, the lions make this pick by locking Millen out of the war room for the first round.

19. Buffalo Bills: Malcom Kelly, Desean Jackson is available, but they already have a wide receiver in that mold with Evans, and McGee is their return man. Kelly it is.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Quentin Groves, Groves will allow wisenhunt and his staff to take their 3-4 to the next level.

21. Tennessee Titans: DeSean Jackson, give Vince a crack in the door and he'll bust it down.

22. San Diego Chargers: Jeff Otah, any other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

23. Dallas Cowboys: Gosder Cherilus, Adams will be gone, and this will keep that O-line rolling.

24. Tampa Bay Buccanneers: Adarius Bowman, they're going to need to get an infusion of young blood in that receiving corp.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Johnathon Stewart, Shaun Alexander is non existent, Maurice Morris isn't the answer; Stewart is.

26. New York Giants: Keith Rivers, an active Linebacker that can make plays all over the field.

27. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Harvey, difficult pick to decide on. originally i had harvey going to Tampa, and Talib here, but I decided on this route.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Michael Oher, that line isn't getting any younger in pittsburgh. And Oher could play gaurd or tackle.

29. San Francisco 49ers: Frank Okam, this is as tough a pick for me as it is for any other Niner fan that reads this. But before you completely freak out, take out a ruler. yes a ruler. And measure out 4 inches. That's the difference between Okam and Hampton for Pittsburgh. With that said, i'm not buying the whole height issue at NT. SF needs a body inside that would demand two blocks.

30. Green Bay packers: Antoine Cason, the Packer following obviously want a corner. And in the NFL, where 2 is good, 3 is better. Cason is the guy that can be groomed behind woodson and harris, and he's also the guy that can man up and take away the slot.

31. Dallas Cowboys: Limas Sweed, Owens is getting up there in age. Terry Glenn is feeling the affects of what happens after 30, and Patrick Crayton is leaving from what I've heard. Sweed can step in and get a lot of looks in that high octane offense.

32. Forfeited.

33. Miami Dolphins: Aqib Talib

34. St. Louis Rams: Philip Wheeler

35. San Francisco 49ers: Shawn Crable

36. New York Jets: Tony Hills

37. Atlanta Falcons: DJ Hall

38. Oakland Raiders:Chris Williams

39. Kansas City Chiefs: Mike Jenkins

40. Baltimore Ravens: Terrell Thomas

41. Cincinatti Bengals:Thomas Decoud

42. Washington Redskins: DeMario Pressley

43. Philadelphia Eagles: Early Doucet

44. New Orleans Saints: Red Bryant

45. Atlanta Falcons: Jonathan Hefney

46. Denver Broncos: Lawrence Jackson

47. Chicago Bears: Barry Richardson

48. Carolina Panthers: Jonathan Goff

49. Minnesota Vikings: Craig Steltz

50. Detroit Lions: Tracy Porter

51. Buffalo Bills: Xavier Adibi

52. Arizona Cardinals: Chevis Jackson

53. Tennessee Titans: John Carlson

54. Miami Dolphins: J Leman

55. Cleveland Browns: Dre Moore

56. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Erik Ainge

57. Seattle Seahawks: John Carlson

58. New York Giants: Marcus Griffin

59. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jordy Nelson

60. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dejaun Tribble

61. Indianapolis Colts: Roy Scheuning

62. Green Bay Packers: Ali Highsmith

63. Dallas Cowboys: Ray Rice

64. New England Patriots: Zack Bowman

bored of education
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
A+ for KC!!!

DiG
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
C for the skins.

I don't like us going D line with two straight picks. With our first two picks we need to address 2 of 4 needs. O line, D line, and WR, and secondary. As to which order we address these needs is based upon best player available at each spot. We shouldn't be taking two players in one area before addressing another unless its for someone that we never thought would be available.

In your scenario, I don't mind Calais but I'd rather have someone like James Hardy in rd 2.

Bills2083
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Great Bills draft

scar988
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Atlanta Does Not Need A ******* Wide Receiver!!!

give Atlatna Red Bryant at the first 2nd roudn pick and then give us Barry Richardson at the 2nd. our needs do not include Wr. but rather this:
QB
power RB
OT
OG
OT
NT
MLB

king2am
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Atlanta Does Not Need A ******* Wide Receiver!!!

give Atlatna Red Bryant at the first 2nd roudn pick and then give us Barry Richardson at the 2nd. our needs do not include Wr. but rather this:
QB
power RB
OT
OG
OT
NT
MLB

Relax there buddy. As I said at the top, I didn't spend a ton of time on the second round, but in my defense I can only name one Atlanta wide receiver.

T-RICH49
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
A+ for KC!!!

AMEN A++ and a +rep for you

cordscords
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Very good Packers draft.

Crazy_Chris
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Vikings should trade up to get Kenny Phillips in that situation.

scar988
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Relax there buddy. As I said at the top, I didn't spend a ton of time on the second round, but in my defense I can only name one Atlanta wide receiver.

and that means nothing. Atlanta's WR's have been the only bright spot on the offense this year. the fact that you only know one of them means that you didn't do enough research into how well they were performeing.

BaLLiN
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
1. Keith Rivers
2. Marcus Griffin

B

BmoreBlackByrdz
12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Love both raven picks but I wouldnt mind taking Malcom Jenkins in the first round and Erik Ainge in the 2nd either. Both would be great drafts for the Ravens IMO.

Travis 24
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Love the Eagles draft...although the way that draft fell, I'd rather get Jordy..but I won't complain. :)

Babylon
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I wouldnt take Bowman and Sweed, two borderline 1st rounders, when they were coming off injuries but overral not a bad mock. solid A-

TitanHope
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM
You have John Carlson going twice, to the Titans and Seahawks.

Good 1st RD pick for the Titans. Carlson in the 2nd is ok, but Carlson is probably the 3rd best senior TE. I'd like Rucker or Davis more, and Dre Moore would be an amazing pick as well.

king2am
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry about the Carlson mishap, I kept losing track of some guys. My bad.

And to Scar, I apologize for not correctly assessing the WR situation in ATL.

scar988
12-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Sorry about the Carlson mishap, I kept losing track of some guys. My bad.

And to Scar, I apologize for not correctly assessing the WR situation in ATL.no it's not just things like the WR situation in Atlanta, it's a general lack of research on your part.

king2am
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Once again Scar, sorry.

Yung Flippa
12-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Good Ravens draft and Soild Texans pick

Vikes99ej
12-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Absolutely glorious pick in Gholston.