PDA

View Full Version : Minnestoa Playoff Bound

Moses
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Minnesota is playoff bound. They have SF and DEN on the road, and then CHI and WAS at home. I think they'll win at least 3 of these remaining games.

Jackson actually looks like a competent QB and the run game is the best in the NFL. Throw in a solid defence and this team could surprise a lot. If you look at their games this year, they've beat some good teams and they've only been blown out once. Sleepers in the NFC and not a team I would like to face in the playoffs because that run game and their ability to stop the run will be deadly once it's cold.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I actually called this a few weeks ago, after the Chargers win. I've been pretty high on the Vikings and Chiefs all year. The Chiefs turned out to be a bit of a dissapointment, in large part due to injuries and incompetent QB play, but the Vikings are reaffirming the simple notion that if you run the ball, and you stop the run, you have the ability to beat anyone.

TitleTown088
12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Meh, I doubt it. Minnesota is not a good football team. Who has Jackson played "well" agianst? Detroit? All around he is a dogshit QB who will lead them nowhere.

The Dynasty
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Meh, I doubt it. Minnesota is not a good football team. Who has Jackson played "well" agianst? Detroit? All around he is a dogshit QB who will lead them nowhere.

yeah and we play teams that are 3-9, 5-7, 5-7, and 5-7 at the moment. Where 2 are home. Jackson didnt just play well against the lions he played well against the giants and oakland but just not making mistakes. Tarvaris needs to go for like 12/17 a game with 120yards and maybe a td a game. As long as he doesnt throw multiple INT's we should easily win. The Combo of Adrian and Chester is one if not the best duo in the league. The Defense has played well lately with Blitzing nonstop bringing pressure to the QB and plus stopping the run is our motto.

Ill admit before the Bye we were a terrible team and just hoping for AD = ROY. But since the bye week we are 5-3 and in the past 3 weeks we have been a different team. The veterans are believing in Tarvaris. So if having a 100 rating for 3 staright weeks is "dogshit" is something beyond me i suppose.

Plus it doesnt hurt being in the NFC. We can easily go 9-7 or 10-6 to make the playoffs and where would face either tampa bay or seattle.

TitleTown088
12-07-2007, 09:44 AM
yeah and we play teams that are 3-9, 5-7, 5-7, and 5-7 at the moment. Where 2 are home. Jackson didnt just play well against the lions he played well against the giants and oakland but just not making mistakes. Tarvaris needs to go for like 12/17 a game with 120yards and maybe a td a game. As long as he doesnt throw multiple INT's we should easily win. The Combo of Adrian and Chester is one if not the best duo in the league. The Defense has played well lately with Blitzing nonstop bringing pressure to the QB and plus stopping the run is our motto.

Ill admit before the Bye we were a terrible team and just hoping for AD = ROY. But since the bye week we are 5-3 and in the past 3 weeks we have been a different team. The veterans are believing in Tarvaris. So if having a 100 rating for 3 staright weeks is "dogshit" is something beyond me i suppose.

Plus it doesnt hurt being in the NFC. We can easily go 9-7 or 10-6 to make the playoffs and where would face either tampa bay or seattle.

Keep telling yourself Jackson will be good. I hope all vikings fans do so they keep him around longer.

crazyisme
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM

*chuckles*

ignorance always makes me chuckle

Sportsfan486
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I would love it if the Vikings got into the playoffs.. and the 2nd round!

It'd make me smile knowing the Packers got a free game. No offense but we own you hard this year and AD is skeered of us.

Football Fan
12-08-2007, 02:53 AM
I would love it if the Vikings got into the playoffs.. and the 2nd round!

It'd make me smile knowing the Packers got a free game. No offense but we own you hard this year and AD is skeered of us.
Yeah, but how many teams have ever beat another team 3x in the same year? I think its like 1 or 2 during the history of the nfl. Im a packer fan but, just saying it might not be good.

crazyisme
12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
ap isnt scared...hes pissed....you guys put a bounty out on hi, if we meet in the playoffs he'll probably run for 300 yards on the pack :)

TitleTown088
12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
*chuckles*

I bet you chuckle at yourself quite a bit then, eh?

Boston
12-08-2007, 12:28 PM
ap isnt scared...hes pissed....you guys put a bounty out on hi, if we meet in the playoffs he'll probably run for 300 yards on the pack :)

...and then you'll still find a way to lose...

yo123
12-08-2007, 12:42 PM

Wow give me a break. Why can't people realize that no one expected him to set the world on fire right away. He was a project QB. I dont get why people dont understand this. Hes progressing WAY faster than anyone including myself expected him to.

And btw I love how you conveniently forget he played well against Oakland and the Giants as well.

crazyisme
12-09-2007, 12:00 AM
I bet you chuckle at yourself quite a bit then, eh?

actually no, but thats why i have you!

bearsfan_51
12-09-2007, 12:45 AM
*chuckles*

I'm not sure where he said anything ignorant.

Minnesota isn't a very good team.

Tavaris Jackson isn't a very good quarterback.

That said, I still think they'll make the playoffs.

Vikes99ej
12-09-2007, 12:54 AM
There's a great team, a mediocre team, and two **** teams in the division. Not too hard for us to get a wild-card spot.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 01:02 AM

Not a good football team? They've got a solid Oline, great RBs and an emerging defense. Jackson doesn't have to play "well"... he just has to limit his mistakes (much like Grossman last year). We all know where that got the Bears...

If it clicks and Jackson starts playing good football, I think the Vikes are one of the top teams in the NFC. If he can avoid mistakes and simply manage a game, they definitely belong in the playoffs.

[Notes]
4 of the Vikings 6 losses were by 7 or fewer points:

Det - 3 Pts (last second FG missed by Longwell)
KC - 3 Pts
GB - 7 Pts
Phi - 7 Pts
Dal - 10 Pts

That's impressive.

yodabear
12-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Not a good football team? They've got a solid Oline, great RBs and an emerging defense. Jackson doesn't have to play "well"... he just has to limit his mistakes (much like Grossman last year). We all know where that got the Bears...

If it clicks and Jackson starts playing good football, I think the Vikes are one of the top teams in the NFC. If he can avoid mistakes and simply manage a game, they definitely belong in the playoffs.

[Notes]
4 of the Vikings 6 losses were by 7 or fewer points:

Det - 3 Pts (last second FG missed by Longwell)
KC - 3 Pts
GB - 7 Pts
Phi - 7 Pts
Dal - 10 Pts

That's impressive.

Added to that KC and GB game is the fact that Kelly Holcomb was their QB, that hurts. Every1 who hates on Jackson, he is something like 6-2 when he starts this year. One of the losses coming in said Dallas game above, Dallas is 11-1. Jackson doesn't have to play good for the Vikes to win, he just can't **** it up. And he hasn't ****** it up much this year, and when he was down: Bollinger and Holcumb=**** ups.

TitleTown088
12-09-2007, 08:21 AM

You need to remember that ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.

By the way, I really enjoy Viking fans opinions changing from " we are the worst team in the NFL" or " Brad Childress sucks and he will be fired for his decision to stick with Jackson will ruin his job". I think all of those( or something damn similar) were actually stated on here too.

yo123
12-09-2007, 10:57 AM
You need to remember that ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.

By the way, I really enjoy Viking fans opinions changing from " we are the worst team in the NFL" or " Brad Childress sucks and he will be fired for his decision to stick with Jackson will ruin his job". I think all of those( or something damn similar) were actually stated on here too.

Yeah, and the difference is that we are willing to admit when we might be wrong. And Childress still needs to be fired.

crazyisme
12-09-2007, 11:42 AM

both those statements are very ignorant....

Minnesota is a decent team...are they great? not at all, but they are a decent enough team, great run game, great run defense and the passing defense and passing offense have both been decent the last couple weeks. To say they aren't a very good team (technically i guess is accurate cause they aren't a VERY good team, but they are a good team) is, in fact ignorant.

and Jackson has been a good QB the last few weeks, hes a young QB and is getting better, again, hes not great, buts hes been playing well and is better than you guys both are giving him credit for.

so yes, both those statements are ignorant, because both of you are allowing your dislike of the Vikings to cloud your judgement on the abilities of both the Vikes and Jackson, both are good and better than either of you are willing to admit

crazyisme
12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
You need to remember that [b]ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.[b]

well im glad youre able to realize why i referred to you as ignorant...maybe youll try to understand what you are talking about next time before you open your mouth...

and yes, its called adjusting your opinions rather than sticking with the same old ignorant opinions after it been proven inaccurate....which is something you might need to learn as well. As for me, ive always stuck to my guns and thought positively about the vikes, been a little weary on chilly, but have always preached to give him until the end of the season to prove his worth, right now hes done okay, so we'll see on him

bearsfan_51
12-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Ok...first of all I said that the Vikings were going to make the playoffs.

Second of all, there is a vast difference between very good and decent. The Vikings are decent. They are ok. They'll probably make the playoffs. They may even win a game. And no...they are not good. Good is better than .500. Good is functional most of the time, not just some of the time. Good wins divisions, not stumbles into the playoffs due to lack of competition.

Jackson hasn't done piss. Be quiet. He has the easiest job of any quarterback in the NFL and he still doesn't do that very well. He's 24 so I'm not writing him off or anything, but let's not act like he's anything better than WELL below average. Find a team that will stop the run (and it will happen) and Jackson is going to be exposed for exactly what he is.

I live in Minneapolis. I watch the Vikings almost every week (thank god for Peterson) so these aren't the musings of some angry Bears fan. I'm well aware of the abilities of the team.

supermario86
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Although he may never be a superstar T Jack will eventually be a very solid QB in the league someday

Vikes99ej
12-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm just glad we have a chance to be .500 or better. I just remember all the people who had the Vikings picking in the top 3 in the NFL Draft. I guess I didn't account for how much of an impact Adrian Peterson would have.

ny10804
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Hopefully Minny knocks Dallas out in the second round and comes to Lambeau for the NFC Championship.

Vikes99ej
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
All I want is for people to give the Vikings absolutely no credit. Just keep on doing that, and I will be happy.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
All I want is for people to give the Vikings absolutely no credit. Just keep on doing that, and I will be happy.

Too late. Peterson may have had only 3 yards on 14 carries against the 49ers, but the Vikes are the hottest team around. Might wanna get used to it.

princefielder28
12-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Ever since the Packers game they have been a totally different team and their run offense/defense has been spectacular, but they will run into problems with teams like Green Bay, again, because they will struggle to run the football and will force Tavaris Jackson to make plays with his arm.

bearsfan_51
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
That's funny because you've been bitching about the Vikings more than anyone all season. I actually tried to convince you that the Vikings weren't as bad as you thought they were and you would have none of it.

The 180 that Vikings fans have done from "we're terrible, Jackson sucks, Childress sucks" to "we don't get any respect" is ridiculous.

Smokey Joe
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I've been a fan of Jackson for a while, and I said a long time ago that I didn't think the vikings would draft a QB in the 1st...

I just thought I'd throw that out there.

princefielder28
12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
That's funny because you've been bitching about the Vikings more than anyone all season. I actually tried to convince you that the Vikings weren't as bad as you thought they were and you would have none of it.

The 180 that Vikings fans have done from "we're terrible, Jackson sucks, Childress sucks" to "we don't get any respect" is ridiculous.

Same case with Packers fans. It's funny because I have been at the University of Minnesota since the beginning of the season and it was funny to see the progression of Packers fans coming out to support the team once they began winning. Hopefully they don't hurt themselves when they decide to jump off the bandwagon.

princefielder28
12-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I've been a fan of Jackson for a while, and I said a long time ago that I didn't think the vikings would draft a QB in the 1st...

I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I think that is a feeling for alot of people outside the Vikings fan base. The fact that he is only in his 2nd season and he didn't play big time college football and he has progressed well, especially this season, shows that he has the ability and he only needs to be given the time.

Boston
12-09-2007, 10:04 PM

No kidding. Whatever happened to the, "The Vikings are the only team in the NFC North with nothing to look forward to" crap.

yo123
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Things change. I'm sure Browns fans weren't very optimistic about their season coming into this year, but now they deserve some respect.

princefielder28
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Things change. I'm sure Browns fans weren't very optimistic about their season coming into this year, but now they deserve some respect.

Yes the team and loyal fans deserve the respect

litlharsh
12-09-2007, 10:29 PM

haha don't mix up EJ99 as the rest of us. He's kind of (in)famous within the vikings discussion for bitching all the time. I remember that one time he said "I wish we wouldn't have won that game" or something because he didn't want to be optimistic and let down so badly. I told him to shut up and got + repped. But he's coming around, he doesn't deride Jackson and Chilly that much anymore.

I will say I was all for chilly's firing, and I have said tjack sucks. But I never said we shouldn't give him his fair chance to prove himself, and I'm thankful we did.

Vikes99ej
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM

What am I supposed to say? I know I bitched a lot, but I was not the only Vikings fan complaining at the beginning of the season.

bearsfan_51
12-09-2007, 11:14 PM
For the record I still think Tavaris is a piece of trash. I've always thought the Vikings would win in spite of him, not because of him.

But he's 24, so there's room for growth yet.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
How many Packers fans thought they would start the season 4-0 (with wins against the Eagles, Giants and Chargers) and would be 11-2 at this point? How many Bears fans thought they'd be last in the NFC North 14 weeks into the season? Not many.

Winning/losing changes things. It's understandable for Vikings' fans to be more supportive now than earlier in the season.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2007, 12:38 AM
How many Packers fans thought they would start the season 4-0 (with wins against the Eagles, Giants and Chargers) and would be 11-2 at this point? How many Bears fans thought they'd be last in the NFC North 14 weeks into the season? Not many.

Winning/losing changes things. It's understandable for Vikings' fans to be more supportive now than earlier in the season.

Of course it is, but by the same token, it's ridiculous to then complain about people talking down on the Vikings when they've been doing it all season long. The # of people that were saying "I think we'll make the playoffs this year" before the season started were pretty slim. I know because I had the Vikings at #17 in my mock before the season started and people said I was crazy. Turns out they did even better than I thought (I said 8-8)

To use the Bears example, some people like to put in their sigs things that I've said about the Bears before the seaon started. Well yeah they are questionable now but when they were said most people thought the same things.

VoteLynnSwan
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
you know... i'd much rather see people admit that their team is **** when it is then have them be blindly faithful to it. Packer fans are the kings of blind faith.

The Dynasty
12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Ill admit I figured we would do terrible this year. I thought in the beginning of the year we had a better chance to start off 4-0 and get to a good start which we didn't. I would have never thought we are doing it on the back end of the schedule. Ill also admitted that I wanted Childress fired and i said i wanted Tarvaris Benched.

I think it someone on here said it best that Tarvaris Jackson changed after that Packers game. In this where Vikings fans started to believe in the team again. Even if we go 8-8 and dont make the playoffs..Ill still be happy with this season. Its an Improvement from last season and exceeded my expectations. I figured we would be 6-10 or 5-11. Of course I want us to make the playoffs and hopefully beat either the Bucs or Seahawks.

Pretty much some of you guys are saying we cant be down and mad when we are losing and bitching but when we turn it around and we are winning we can be happy and excited for the Vikings. But it seems to be alright if your team starts out good and your all excited and happy but then you star losing and your whining and upset.

This Season is already an improvement.

bearsfan_51
12-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Pretty much some of you guys are saying we cant be down and mad when we are losing and bitching but when we turn it around and we are winning we can be happy and excited for the Vikings. But it seems to be alright if your team starts out good and your all excited and happy but then you star losing and your whining and upset.
Not at all. In fact nobody said that. What I said was that you can't be bitching all year and then complain when fans of OTHER teams don't give your team the respect you think it deserves. It'd be different if most of you were saying the Vikings would be great and people were giving you **** for it. The fact is, as you said, most of you had no confidence in your team at all, so it seems very disigenuous to complain about it now.

Vikes99ej
12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Yes, I'll admit it was me complaining about it, it's right at the top of the page. I just get pissed when those Packers fans are always talking **** like that, and it's not all Packers fans, just a select few.

TitleTown088
12-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Exactamundo.

TacticaLion
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Exactamundo.
When your team comes out and looks pathetic week after week, it's understandable to think that something needs to change. But, when your team starts to click and dominates other teams... and is in the playoff hunt... I can see why the mindset would change. They wanted a change when things weren't working... now that they're working, a change isn't really needed (yet).

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
good luck in the playoffs, it going to take a miracle to get the Cardinals healthy enough to win out

yodabear
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
good luck in the playoffs, it going to take a miracle to get the Cardinals healthy enough to win out

They play the Rams, thats a win before u even take the field.

singe_101
12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I actually called this a few weeks ago, after the Chargers win. I've been pretty high on the Vikings and Chiefs all year. The Chiefs turned out to be a bit of a dissapointment, in large part due to injuries and incompetent QB play, but the Vikings are reaffirming the simple notion that if you run the ball, and you stop the run, you have the ability to beat anyone.

Well, the team also has to hold onto the ball. The Vikings have done that for a while now.

And they've been scoring more offensive touchdowns, if you kick field goals and run/stop the run you can still lose, that was common last year (and a lot of turnovers).

Jackson has 4 TD and 2 INT since week 9.

neko4
12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
no we said we'd keep him under 100 yards, not knock him out

crazyisme
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
you know... i'd much rather see people admit that their team is **** when it is then have them be blindly faithful to it. Packer fans are the kings of blind faith.

yah, I absolutely LOVE people criticizing Vikings fans for being critical of their players and coaches, and then breathing a sigh of relief once they start performing up to our standards.

Id much rather be that sort of fan than a packer or bear fan.....(lions fans are excluded cause no lion fan should have any kind of expectations...LOL)

TitleTown088
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Packer fans are the kings of blind faith because they are usually always good, and most fans don't know any different

Jeez... lemme think who has been in GB for around 15 years? Lord Favre.

VoteLynnSwan
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
yah, I absolutely LOVE people criticizing Vikings fans for being critical of their players and coaches, and then breathing a sigh of relief once they start performing up to our standards.

Id much rather be that sort of fan than a packer or bear fan.....(lions fans are excluded cause no lion fan should have any kind of expectations...LOL)

you can't lump bears fans in with packer fans... they are not at all alike.

crazyisme
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
thats true, some bears fans are semi-respectable...ill definitely give ya that :)

ny10804
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
The only real time I lost faith in the Packers is when they started 1-4 in 2004. They then went 9-2 to end the year before losing to the Vikes in the playoffs.

I didn't think they were as bad as their 4-12 record would lead you to believe in 2005. In week 2 they lost the CLE by 2. Week 3, Tampa by 1. Week 4, Carolina by 3. Week 7, Minn by 3. Week 11, Minn by 3. They were 2-9 in games decided by 7 points or less. So I didn't lose faith then.

In 2006, they botched at least 2 games (NO and STL) and as many as 4 (Buffalo and Seattle). I thought they could have done some damage in the playoffs.

Anyway, if you're always expecting the worst, it takes the fun out of the game, even if you end up being good.

And I probably won't lose faith as long as Ted Thompson is our GM. The man is all football.

Flyboy
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Please lose a game so we can we out and get the last playoff berth. kkthxbye

someone447
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM

But since 1991 our faith has been correct(except for 2 years.) Ray Rhodes year(99?) and '05. Just about every other year we are correct in our predictions.

thefridge15
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Im waiting to see a packer fan with real evidence and real support for their opinions. All you can say is "Tarvaris sucks", "The Vikings suck"

Well heres some evidence for you: Tarvaris Jackson's record, 7-2

andyjo672
12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
But since 1991 our faith has been correct(except for 2 years.) Ray Rhodes year(99?) and '05. Just about every other year we are correct in our predictions.

You've been correct if your blind faith has been Packer's painstaking mediocrity. One Super Bowl win is really nice (wish Vikings could get one ever), but Packer's fans seem to think they've been an elite team over the past 15 years. In reality, you get to the playoffs and get knocked out the same way the Vikings did for a majority of the 90's and some of the 2000's.

Vikes99ej
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be in the playoff hunt in the middle of December, I'd call him insane. Even if we don't go far, I'm just glad we had the opportunity. A big step for this organization.

BuckNaked
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be in the playoff hunt in the middle of December, I'd call him insane. Even if we don't go far, I'm just glad we had the opportunity. A big step for this organization.

I was saying it in the preseason, but admit that I backtracked on my statement in the beginning of the year. This season has got me really excited though.

crazyisme
12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
i dont see why thinking minnesota could be a WC contender at the beginning of the season would be so insane? a 6=10 team from last year that, by all appearances, should be improved....going 8-8 is easily in the playoff race and wasnt an outrageous prediction at the time, right now we have a shot at going 10-6, which i wouldnt have thought at the beginning, but 8-8 for sure

and Bearsfan...quit playing with words....usually when someone calls a team "not a very good team" you aren't referring to them as "decent",...like i said, technically the vikes arent really VERY good, but they are a good squad, with a great lines (which many people say is where the game is won) and some good young talent that are finally putting it all on the field. and jackson is a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for, just because he doesnt throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's every game, doesnt mean his crap, he controls the game, converts 3rd downs, and doesnt turn the ball over and is efficient...id say thats pretty solid....

bearsfan_51
12-13-2007, 10:43 PM
It's not "playing with words", it's holding people accountable for what they say. Words have definitions that convey certain meanings. This is why Jesus made dictionaries.

As for Jackson, he controlls the game sometimes, but very sparingly. He still makes about 4-5 incredibly stupid decisions per game, and that's with almost no pressure on him at all. He's had four nice games, but that's about it. Before that he had 9 average to terrible games. He's shown me nothing more than a guy like Rex Grossman has, and has accomplished much less. If he continues his development then sure, opinions on him should start changing, but a few nice games isn't going to do it.

andyjo672
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
It's not "playing with words", it's holding people accountable for what they say. Words have definitions that convey certain meanings. This is why Jesus made dictionaries.

As for Jackson, he controlls the game sometimes, but very sparingly. He still makes about 4-5 incredibly stupid decisions per game, and that's with almost no pressure on him at all. He's had four nice games, but that's about it. Before that he had 9 average to terrible games. He's shown me nothing more than a guy like Rex Grossman has, and has accomplished much less. If he continues his development then sure, opinions on him should start changing, but a few nice games isn't going to do it.

I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but were you one of those Bears fans that hopped on the Rex Grossman bandwagon in September last year? I know a lot of my friends, from Chicago, that are die hard bears fans and knowledgeable football fans hopped on that bandwagon too. I'm not saying its bad, but I do believe that Tarvaris has much more natural ability than Rex has so I'm hoping his good games, much like Rex's last year, translate into more than Rex has turned out to be.

PS: I just realized this, but what kind of name is Rex?

bearsfan_51
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but were you one of those Bears fans that hopped on the Rex Grossman bandwagon in September last year? I know a lot of my friends, from Chicago, that are die hard bears fans and knowledgeable football fans hopped on that bandwagon too. I'm not saying its bad, but I do believe that Tarvaris has much more natural ability than Rex has so I'm hoping his good games, much like Rex's last year, translate into more than Rex has turned out to be.

PS: I just realized this, but what kind of name is Rex?
Nope. In fact, I actually made a thread prior to the Cardinals game (which was the beginning of the end for ol' Rexy) that his statistics were incredibly misleading and that unless he had a great pocket and Bernard Berrian to punish the safties he was an incredibly limited player due to his bad decision making and inability to see over the defenders. I'm not very saavy to looking up threads, but SFBear brought it up not long ago so it's probably out there somewhere.

I've been wrong about a few Bears-related things, but Rexy isn't one of them.

As for "natural ability", I dunno about that. Rex has a ******* cannon, he's just a moron.

duckseason
12-14-2007, 07:40 AM

From late August-
Yeah, if I did my 10 truths, I'd definitely include something about the Vikings being a legitimate playoff contender. That's my big sleeper pick this year. I actually think I might be higher on them than a lot of Vikings fans. Every time I analyze it in my head, I see them going to the playoffs.

While you didn't call me insane, I'm sure you probably thought as much to yourself. Although now that I think about it, you +repped me on that very post.

But hey, I can't really pull on that whistle too hard because I was just as wrong about teams like the Browns and Titans as I was right about the Vikings. But I must say, I was definitely on-point with the Vikings predictions. It seemed obvious to me that their floor was higher than most.

TacticaLion
12-14-2007, 01:23 PM

OH! bf51! Come on now... holding people accountable?!

Way too bring up something I said two months ago that everyone has already recognized was off the mark.

some people like to put in their sigs things that I've said about the Bears before the seaon started. Well yeah they are questionable now but when they were said most people thought the same things.

I've done it to you... and you've done it to others. It happens. It's a part of making predictions/statements.

Either way, I like that "Jesus" line... some funny ****.

bearsfan_51
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
OH! bf51! Come on now... holding people accountable?!

I've done it to you... and you've done it to others. It happens. It's a part of making predictions/statements.

Either way, I like that "Jesus" line... some funny ****.
There's a difference between holding people accountable for what they immediately say, and bringing up things people had said two months ago as if it's of the same relevance.

You could of course say this with Vikings fans as well, and I have no problem with them changing from a "the Vikings are terrible" to "hey the Vikings aren't so terrible" attitude because quite frankly, that's natural.

My ONLY statement so far has been that you cannot then say "where's our respect?". It would be as if I spent a year telling everyone what an asshole I am, then acted really nice to everyone for a week and said "nobody appreciates me". Life doesn't work like that.

TacticaLion
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
My ONLY statement so far has been that you cannot then say "where's our respect?". It would be as if I spent a year telling everyone what an asshole I am, then acted really nice to everyone for a week and said "nobody appreciates me". Life doesn't work like that.
Agree. I've felt that way about quite a few teams recently. As the Lions have showed, half-season success doesn't mean ****... and a 4 game winning streak can turn into 5 straight losses. Success has to be had over a long period of time to rate respect.

crazyisme
12-15-2007, 12:11 AM
are there really viking fans out there asking for respect?

cause then ill agree with you, imo we've been getting TOO much national attention. I think we're a fairly good team that is finally translating some talent onto the field and ive always said we'd be an 8-8 team this year even after the GB by the way....but right now the Vikes are getting some good respect

by the way, Baldinger said tonight that the Vikes might have the best LB core in the NFL :)

TacticaLion
12-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Baldinger is silly...

I think the Vikings made the right moves and are building the team the right way. They may not have the most talent on the field, but they're playing textbook football: run the ball/stop the run.

The Lions, on the other hand... abandon the run/miss tackles on defense. It's a different theory (to say the least)... lets see how far it gets us.

litlharsh
12-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Baldinger is silly...

Agreed. It's crazy that all this love is showing up for the Vikings all of a sudden. Left for dead and usually raped by the national media.

SaintsMan
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Please lose a game so we can we out and get the last playoff berth. kkthxbye

Sadly, I think the Vikes win out.

TacticaLion
12-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Sadly, I think the Vikes win out.

Win out? I'm not so sure...

Chicago won't be "easy", Washington is a solid team and Denver (in Colorado) is a tough game. I think they can win 2 of those, but all 3 will be tough.

SaintsMan
12-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Win out? I'm not so sure...

Chicago won't be "easy", Washington is a solid team and Denver (in Colorado) is a tough game. I think they can win 2 of those, but all 3 will be tough.

I hope you are right.

GB12
12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
I hope you are right.
I think both Minnesota and Arizona will finish ahead of New Orleans.

SaintsMan
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM
I think bot Minnesota and Arizona will finish ahead of New Orleans.

Yeah, that could happen. Saints have been really inconsistent this year.

thefridge15
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM
well so much for that theory GB12

The Saints are definitely the team that scares me the most right now though.

TigerBait45
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Don't worry, even if you lose tomorrow the Saints will choke like they have historically.

Flyboy
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Don't worry, even if you lose tomorrow the Saints will choke like they have historically.

Yeah, that's pretty much how we roll.

Boston
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Im waiting to see a packer fan with real evidence and real support for their opinions. All you can say is "Tarvaris sucks", "The Vikings suck"

Well heres some evidence for you: Tarvaris Jackson's record, 7-2

Yeah, go Jackson, go Vikings, no respect, wooo! They are definately hot. They just showed the world they can "hang on" against the Bears at home. Super Bowl or bust!

I'm so tired of the Vikings.

yo123
12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, go Jackson, go Vikings, no respect, wooo! They are definately hot. They just showed the world they can "hang on" against the Bears at home. Super Bowl or bust!

I'm so tired of the Vikings.

At least we beat the Bears...

Boston
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
At least we beat the Bears...

I guess that means you're better...

yo123
12-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess that means you're better...

Just dont use hanging on against the Bears to show how we are supposedly such a bad team.

Boston
12-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Just dont use hanging on against the Bears to show how we are supposedly such a bad team.

I'm sorry. If you'd prefer, I can use the beating of the 49'ers to outline how good of a team you are, but only if that would make you happy...

Vikes99ej
12-18-2007, 04:17 PM
We had 4 turnovers against the Bears and we still won. That's all I needed to see. We've won 5 games in a row, and that's an extremely difficult task no matter who you're facing.

Boston
12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
We had 4 turnovers against the Bears and we still won. That's all I needed to see. We've won 5 games in a row, and that's an extremely difficult task no matter who you're facing.

If the Bears had anything that even resembled an offense, you'd have an arguement.

Vikes99ej
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
If the Bears had anything that even resembled an offense, you'd have an arguement.

Well, they don't have an offense. That's just how it was. It's a division game, and the Bears are always a tough team to face as long as they have Briggs, Urlacher, and Harris. Our offense didn't perform that much better than their's.

yo123
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry. If you'd prefer, I can use the beating of the 49'ers to outline how good of a team you are, but only if that would make you happy...

We won 5 in a row. Thats hard to do against anyone. But if you want to count it against us because we beat a bad team be my guest, but your obvisous disdain for the Vikings and the bitter sarcasm you leave in every post is getting pretty annoying, so I'm done.

Boston
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
We won 5 in a row. Thats hard to do against anyone. But if you want to count it against us because we beat a bad team be my guest, but your obvisous disdain for the Vikings and the bitter sarcasm you leave in every post is getting pretty annoying, so I'm done.

I'm sure it's even easier to do against five teams with a combined record of 28-42. If you factor out the Giants, it's 19-37. Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.

And now that they've barely beaten Bears, of all teams, there being rewarded for their resiliency. I don't get it. If you'd like to say something to sway my opinion, be my guest, because the only thing I've heard out of Vikings fan is an overall grumbling for lack of respect, recognition, etc. when they don't deserve any, yet. Last night wasn't a 'fluke' game, by any stretch of the imagination, the Bears stopped, or slowed down, the Vikings run game, and got pressure on Jackson, and the results were obvious.

andyjo672
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm sure it's even easier to do against five teams with a combined record of 28-42. If you factor out the Giants, it's 19-37. Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.

And now that they've barely beaten Bears, of all teams, there being rewarded for their resiliency. I don't get it. If you'd like to say something to sway my opinion, be my guest, because the only thing I've heard out of Vikings fan is an overall grumbling for lack of respect, recognition, etc. when they don't deserve any, yet. Last night wasn't a 'fluke' game, by any stretch of the imagination, the Bears stopped, or slowed down, the Vikings run game, and got pressure on Jackson, and the results were obvious.

Says the guy whose team lost to the Bears...But its ok that your memory is short. And please, let me know, of all the teams that you have beaten, how your schedule has been so much tougher...

yo123
12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Says the guy whose team lost to the Bears...But its ok that your memory is short. And please, let me know, of all the teams that you have beaten, how your schedule has been so much tougher...

Shhhh... dont tell that to Packers fans. Even though they play almost the same schedule as us, their's is clearly more difficult.

Boston
12-19-2007, 09:27 PM

Shhhh... dont tell that to Packers fans. Even though they play almost the same schedule as us, their's is clearly more difficult.

Huh...don't remember bringing up the Packers in my original post... Oh well, I'm convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect.

And, about the playing the same teams note, the Packers have outscored there 'similar' opponents by 151 points, compared to 68 points by the Vikings. But, yeah, good point in bringing that up...

andyjo672
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Huh...don't remember bringing up the Packers in my original post... Oh well, I'm convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect.

And, about the playing the same teams note, the Packers have outscored there 'similar' opponents by 151 points, compared to 68 points by the Vikings. But, yeah, good point in bringing that up...

You said specifically that we shouldn't be impressed cause we only beat the bears, and that basically the bears weren't much of an opponent. That by barely squeaking by them we proved that we didn't deserve respect. Your team lost to the bears, so by your own argument, the Packers dont deserve any respect either. This is why arguing with you is impossible, because you say something dumb, someone calls you out on it, and then run and hide by simply saying sarcastic garbage like "oh well, im convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect."

We never said the Packers dont deserve respect, I for one am very impressed by their season thus far. But by you saying something stupid and having me make a clear, rational arguement for why you are wrong and you still not able to comprehend it further proves that you're not worthy of our time.

thefridge15
12-20-2007, 03:31 PM

wow, I wish we could outscore teams like that, because winning by 30 means a whole lot more than winning by 1

dramatization, sarcasm

Boston
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM
You said specifically that we shouldn't be impressed cause we only beat the bears, and that basically the bears weren't much of an opponent. That by barely squeaking by them we proved that we didn't deserve respect. Your team lost to the bears, so by your own argument, the Packers dont deserve any respect either. This is why arguing with you is impossible, because you say something dumb, someone calls you out on it, and then run and hide by simply saying sarcastic garbage like "oh well, im convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect."

We never said the Packers dont deserve respect, I for one am very impressed by their season thus far. But by you saying something stupid and having me make a clear, rational arguement for why you are wrong and you still not able to comprehend it further proves that you're not worthy of our time.

I'm not talking about the Packers, I'm talking about the Vikings. Apparently this is a difficult concept. I'm still waiting on an answer as to why the Vikings deserve so much respect, and why they are being regarded as one of the tops in the NFC.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm not talking about the Packers, I'm talking about the Vikings. Apparently this is a difficult concept. I'm still waiting on an answer as to why the Vikings deserve so much respect, and why they are being regarded as one of the tops in the NFC.

READ YOUR POST! You said the Vikings don't deserve respect BECAUSE they could barely beat the Bears. YOUR team LOST to the bears, so why does your team deserve respect?

And to answer your question: They've won 5 straight in the NFL, a difficult thing to do no matter what your competition is. Their running game is 2nd to none, as is their defense against the run. When not kicking to Hester, our ST are playing great. Our young corners are playing well, our defense is forcing turnovers and scoring points. This is why they deserve respect. You run and hide from the fact that you made that bears comment, because you put your foot in your mouth and can't refute the fact that it was a stupid comment.

someone447
12-20-2007, 04:19 PM
READ YOUR POST! You said the Vikings don't deserve respect BECAUSE they could barely beat the Bears. YOUR team LOST to the bears, so why does your team deserve respect?

And to answer your question: They've won 5 straight in the NFL, a difficult thing to do no matter what your competition is. Their running game is 2nd to none, as is their defense against the run. When not kicking to Hester, our ST are playing great. Our young corners are playing well, our defense is forcing turnovers and scoring points. This is why they deserve respect. You run and hide from the fact that you made that bears comment, because you put your foot in your mouth and can't refute the fact that it was a stupid comment.

34-0 You sir, fail at life.

He never said the Vikings don't deserve respect. He said that barely squeaking by the bears didn't prove anything.

The Packers deserve respect because they are 12-2. The lost a fluke game to the Bears, and they played a very good Cowboys team close while missing some of their most important players.

someone447
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
double post

Boston
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM

You're right. I almost forgot a team doesn't change over the course of a season. What was that, week 5? 11 weeks ago? Are you kidding me? Isn't that the Vikings ******* motto this year. 6 weeks ago, the Vikings got beat in EVERY phase of the game, against one of the best, if not the best, teams they've played all year. But, ok, they've 'changed,' I can accept that.

Prior to week 8, the Packers had one of the best offenses in the league, without ANY running game. Since than, since the Bears game, we've added a potential 1000 yard rusher, in 8 weeks, a dynamic kick returner, and we still have Brett Favre.

I'm not 'shoving my foot in my mouth' over the Bears comment, because it made perfect sense. The Packers-Bears game and Bears-Vikings games are completely different games to the point where it really shouldn't serve any purpose to your 'arguement,' at all. The Packers dominated the first half of the Bears game, and fell short in the second half. The Vikings really didn't have any business being in the game throughout. The Bears won the game against the Packers, but lost it against the Vikings. Had that been the Cowboys or Packers against the Vikings, rather than the Bears, that game would have been a blowout, no questions asked.

Point is, the Vikings MOST RECENT game, against the Bears, was bad. Why would anyone look a week prior to the '49'ers game to make a point that the Vikings are a good-great team?

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
If you want to use the argument that the Packers team is different, then I'll use the EXACT same one, the Vikings are a different team right now...see you can't prove a damn thing. You're a joke.

And if beating a team handedly matters, why are we still giving the Patriots so much respect after squeaking out victories the past few weeks? You can't have double standards bucko.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:29 PM

He never said the Vikings don't deserve respect. He said that barely squeaking by the bears didn't prove anything.

The Packers deserve respect because they are 12-2. The lost a fluke game to the Bears, and they played a very good Cowboys team close while missing some of their most important players.

Read again, sir.

He did say specifically the Vikings don't deserve any respect. And then he claims that teams change throughout the course of the season after the Bears loss, he said his team is different now. Well I can say the same thing. Try not get involved in conversations if you can't keep up.

Boston
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
If you want to use the argument that the Packers team is different, then I'll use the EXACT same one, the Vikings are a different team right now...see you can't prove a damn thing. You're a joke.

And if beating a team handedly matters, why are we still giving the Patriots so much respect after squeaking out victories the past few weeks? You can't have double standards bucko.

Yes, and it shows after they pounded they ******* Bears right into the ground.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM

By the way, the Vikings also played that same cowboys team close. AND NOT ONCE did i say the vikings were better than the packers. NOT ONCE. READ MORE CLOSELY NEXT TIME. I never said the Vikings were better than the Packers, I said they deserve some respect from teams for winning 5 straight. AGAIN, stay out of it if you're not willing to read the whole thing.

Boston
12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
By the way, the Vikings also played that same cowboys team close. AND NOT ONCE did i say the vikings were better than the packers. NOT ONCE. READ MORE CLOSELY NEXT TIME. I never said the Vikings were better than the Packers, I said they deserve some respect from teams for winning 5 straight. AGAIN, stay out of it if you're not willing to read the whole thing.

Your main points in this "arguement" have been winning 5 straight, and losing to the same team the Packers lost to. This isn't an arguement. A 12 year old could look at the schedule and deduce that, which, I haven't yet ruled out...

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Your main points in this "arguement" have been winning 5 straight, and losing to the same team the Packers lost to. This isn't an arguement. A 12 year old could look at the schedule and deduce that, which, I haven't yet ruled out...

My main arguement was that the team has one 5 straight as you said. Seemed to be playing pretty good football, whih I think some people would agree with.

My arguement with the Bears had to do with you saying that beating the Bears means nothing, when in reality, your team wasn't able to earlier in the year. I have no doubt that you will win BIG this weekend at all. I'm supremely impressed with your team this year. I just don't understand what your hostility is towards vikings fans is all about. Every thread I go to there seems to be a post from you that simply says something "vikings won, big whoop, they still suck" or something to that degree. Do I think you will go further into the playoffs than us, absolutely. Is the fact that this team, which was picked to pick possibly No. 1 in next years draft, is now in playoff contention impressive to me? Absolutely.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM

And don't call me a 12 year old. That obnoxious and you know it. I'm 23 years old, I graduated from a great university and have a great job, I'm well educated, I don't need sarastic comments calling me 12.

Boston
12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
My main arguement was that the team has one 5 straight as you said. Seemed to be playing pretty good football, whih I think some people would agree with.

My arguement with the Bears had to do with you saying that beating the Bears means nothing, when in reality, your team wasn't able to earlier in the year. I have no doubt that you will win BIG this weekend at all. I'm supremely impressed with your team this year. I just don't understand what your hostility is towards vikings fans is all about. Every thread I go to there seems to be a post from you that simply says something "vikings won, big whoop, they still suck" or something to that degree. Do I think you will go further into the playoffs than us, absolutely. Is the fact that this team, which was picked to pick possibly No. 1 in next years draft, is now in playoff contention impressive to me? Absolutely.

How could it mean anything? That game was a complete joke, in pretty much every aspect. To even compare that game to the Packers Bears game in week 5 is completely ridiculous.

As for my 'hostility against vikings fans,' yeah, that sounds about right. I would it imagine it has something to do with the complete 180 most Vikings fans seem to have done over the last 5 weeks. How is it that a teams fans go from, "the vikings are the worst team ever," to "we don't get any respect." Maybe you can explain that one to me, because, quite frankly, it makes absolutely no sense.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 05:27 PM
How could it mean anything? That game was a complete joke, in pretty much every aspect. To even compare that game to the Packers Bears game in week 5 is completely ridiculous.

As for my 'hostility against vikings fans,' yeah, that sounds about right. I would it imagine it has something to do with the complete 180 most Vikings fans seem to have done over the last 5 weeks. How is it that a teams fans go from, "the vikings are the worst team ever," to "we don't get any respect." Maybe you can explain that one to me, because, quite frankly, it makes absolutely no sense.

I totally agree with you on that last point, it makes me mad too. I was never up on the team at the beginning, and I'm still not buying into them completely, but I have been impressed with the way they're playing, and they have allowed me to gain some "respect" for them. Its a little flukey, but so often thats how the NFL goes. Especially in the NFC where there hasn't been a truly dominant team in any of the divisions for the past 5-6 years (outside of Seattle, but they're playing in the NFC West, so who knows how much weight that holds). I hope the Vikings can ride this momentum the same way the Packers were able to last year winning at the end and translating that success to the following year.

someone447
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
And don't call me a 12 year old. That obnoxious and you know it. I'm 23 years old, I graduated from a great university and have a great job, I'm well educated, I don't need sarastic comments calling me 12.

No, but you sure do need a course in debate. You are saying the most asinine things. You barely squeaked by a bad bears team. That is not worthy of gaining respect. You don't lose any by it, but you sure as hell don't gain any either. Just like when the packers squeaked by the Eagles in week 1 Packer fans weren't clamoring for respect.

The Vikings don't deserve respect, at least what you want for them; they are barely a top 15 team in the league:
NE, Dal, Indy, GB, Jax, TB, SD, Cle, Pit, Ten, Sea are are definitely better, and Hou, Was, and NO are about equal. Personally, I think Washington will beat the Vikings. They are a mediocre team. They are middle of the road. Do they deserve more respect than they were getting after the Packer game? Of course, do they deserve to be called good? No, they deserve to be called mediocre.

someone447
12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Read again, sir.

He did say specifically the Vikings don't deserve any respect. And then he claims that teams change throughout the course of the season after the Bears loss, he said his team is different now. Well I can say the same thing. Try not get involved in conversations if you can't keep up.

Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.

That is the respect he was referring to. The thought that they might be contenders. He even said winning 5 games in a row wasn't an easy feat. But obviously we have to spell out exactly what each statement we make is referring to in order for you to grasp it.

You brought the Packers into this discussion. I did not. You asked why the Packers were given a pass when they lost to the bears, but the vikings just holding on isn't worthy of gaining respect. I said the Packers got a pass because they are 12-2.

andyjo672
12-20-2007, 08:47 PM
No, but you sure do need a course in debate. You are saying the most asinine things. You barely squeaked by a bad bears team. That is not worthy of gaining respect. You don't lose any by it, but you sure as hell don't gain any either. Just like when the packers squeaked by the Eagles in week 1 Packer fans weren't clamoring for respect.

The Vikings don't deserve respect, at least what you want for them; they are barely a top 15 team in the league:
NE, Dal, Indy, GB, Jax, TB, SD, Cle, Pit, Ten, Sea are are definitely better, and Hou, Was, and NO are about equal. Personally, I think Washington will beat the Vikings. They are a mediocre team. They are middle of the road. Do they deserve more respect than they were getting after the Packer game? Of course, do they deserve to be called good? No, they deserve to be called mediocre.

I finished in the top ten in the nation in Debate my senior year of high school, Policy Debate...just to let you now. We also beat SD already this year. I never said they deserved to gain respect for their win over the Bears. I just said you can't use it as justification for NOT giving them respect because your team lost to them. Its called logic buddy. Isn't there some basket weaving class you should be going to right now out at that "academic" institution you call Portland State?

johbur
12-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I finished in the top ten in the nation in Debate my senior year of high school, Policy Debate...just to let you now. We also beat SD already this year. I never said they deserved to gain respect for their win over the Bears. I just said you can't use it as justification for NOT giving them respect because your team lost to them. Its called logic buddy. Isn't there some basket weaving class you should be going to right now out at that "academic" institution you call Portland State?

Wow, what a great argument. Just what I expect from a "23 year old who graduated from a great university and has a great job." Not 12 year old like at all. Sounds like you take posts WAY too seriously and now your panties are in a bunch. Breathe deeply and think of how mommy and daddy buy you anything you want...

On the Vikes, I'm glad Childress is doing well, especially since he was kind enough to allow the Packers to stomp a mud hole on him this year and go 0-2 against their internecine rivals.

Crazy_Chris
12-21-2007, 02:48 AM
I think it's funny how some packer fans chose to pick at 1 bears game where we got didn't play all that well and Still won. Somehow they chose to forget the first game that we played against them when we dominated them through out the game at Soldier Field.

Andy just Ignore Boston he just can't accept the possiblity that the Vikings could be a good team and he is trying to use any petty excuse he can to find to make himself beileve he is right. All he wants to do is try to rub it in our face now while he has a lil bit of ammo. Instead of choosing to wait and see how the rest of the season goes to see if the recent Bears game was just a fluke or part of something bigger.

I don't know why he wants to make such a huge deal about the bears. I was not all that surprised at the way the game went it's actually pretty simple. Players have pride and they got embaressed by their division rivals the Vikings earlier in the year. It was monday night, Brian Urlacher and the bears Defense were sure as hell not going to let that happen again and props to them they came to play. Also shouldn't forget Nathan Vasher's return gave em a boost(he was personally responsible for 2 Ints). I'm sure they will be just as fired up to play against the 12-2 packers. IMO it would be funny to see what Boston had to say if by some chance the Packers put up a stinker against the bears too.

someone447
12-21-2007, 01:36 PM

If you are really a 23 year old, you must have been very emotionally stunted; because feeling like you need to validate yourself to a bunch of people you have never, and will never meet isn't healthy. But have fun with that.

You are pissed about a lack of respect for a mediocre team. Mediocre teams do not deserve respect. Minnesota is most certainly a mediocre team.

someone447
12-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I think it's funny how some packer fans chose to pick at 1 bears game where we got didn't play all that well and Still won. Somehow they chose to forget the first game that we played against them when we dominated them through out the game at Soldier Field.

Andy just Ignore Boston he just can't accept the possiblity that the Vikings could be a good team and he is trying to use any petty excuse he can to find to make himself beileve he is right. All he wants to do is try to rub it in our face now while he has a lil bit of ammo. Instead of choosing to wait and see how the rest of the season goes to see if the recent Bears game was just a fluke or part of something bigger.

I don't know why he wants to make such a huge deal about the bears. I was not all that surprised at the way the game went it's actually pretty simple. Players have pride and they got embaressed by their division rivals the Vikings earlier in the year. It was monday night, Brian Urlacher and the bears Defense were sure as hell not going to let that happen again and props to them they came to play. Also shouldn't forget Nathan Vasher's return gave em a boost(he was personally responsible for 2 Ints). I'm sure they will be just as fired up to play against the 12-2 packers. IMO it would be funny to see what Boston had to say if by some chance the Packers put up a stinker against the bears too.

All boston said about the bear game was that it was ridiculous that the vikings were being praised for hanging on against a bad bears team.

crazyisme
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM
well considering the Vikings did every imaginable thing in their power to lose that game, and played like crap and STILL found a way to win...and the its funny how bad everyone thinks the bears are, they ARENT that bad, theyre still a decent team with a good defense, the Vikes basically gave them 10 points, that game should have been 30-6 or something if it werent for the vikings absolutely sucking it up, i think that deserves some praise...playing a horrible game and still pulling out a W....

swagger
12-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Anymore.

I Hate Brad Childress.

andyjo672
12-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm still holding out hope. The cowboys will be resting their starters, which sucks, but Brad Johnson is a serviceable backup (pretty sure he'll get the start this week for Dallas) and hopefully we can pray for a miracle.

We really laid a turd out on the field last night though. My only happiness came in seeing that Bears vs. Packers game. For all those arguements that were made about how this was a different Packers team than earlier in the season, that the Vikings could BARELY squeak one out over such a terrible team...It just goes to show that divisional rivalry games are generally going to be hard faught battles, no matter what the records indicate. I'm not bashing the Packers at all, congrats to them on a great season so far, it just validates my point that a win is a win, and that the Vikings barely beating them hardly is justification for them sucking.

Vikes99ej
12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, it was a fun season, and we finished 2nd in the division. There's no way in hell the Redskins are going to lose the Cowboys (although I can't picture the Cowboys just giving a game to their hated rivals), and we are going to lose to the Broncos.

TacticaLion
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, it was a fun season, and we finished 2nd in the division. There's no way in hell the Redskins are going to lose the Cowboys (although I can't picture the Cowboys just giving a game to their hated rivals), and we are going to lose to the Broncos.

Finished 2nd in the division? Really? A bit premature, don't you think?

With their loss to Chicago, the Packers no longer have anything to gain (and much to lose) from their week 17 game against Detroit. Playing Denver (in Denver) isn't always an easy game, and they'll have extra incentive to play hard, at home, for the last game of their season.

If Minn loses and Det wins, Det finishes 2nd in the division... the Vikings didn't "finish" anywhere yet.

yo123
12-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Finished 2nd in the division? Really? A bit premature, don't you think?

With their loss to Chicago, the Packers no longer have anything to gain (and much to lose) from their week 17 game against Detroit. Playing Denver (in Denver) isn't always an easy game, and they'll have extra incentive to play hard, at home, for the last game of their season.

If Minn loses and Det wins, Det finishes 2nd in the division... the Vikings didn't "finish" anywhere yet.

You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't. Don't worry though, finishing 2nd in a division doesnt mean **** anyway.

TacticaLion
12-25-2007, 06:37 PM
You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't. Don't worry though, finishing 2nd in a division doesnt mean **** anyway.Probably would've been said to the Bears... before last week... after they beat them earlier in the year. "You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't."

It's possible... and the fact that the Packers gain nothing from a win increases the chance of it happening.

Regardless, my point was that the Vikings aren't a lock for 2nd in the division yet.

Canadian_draft_fan
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Minnesota is playoff bound. They have SF and DEN on the road, and then CHI and WAS at home. I think they'll win at least 3 of these remaining games.

Jackson actually looks like a competent QB and the run game is the best in the NFL. Throw in a solid defence and this team could surprise a lot. If you look at their games this year, they've beat some good teams and they've only been blown out once. Sleepers in the NFC and not a team I would like to face in the playoffs because that run game and their ability to stop the run will be deadly once it's cold.
No disrespect but this looks silly now. The Vikes are going nowhere unless they get a new QB or quantum leap from Jackson.

BuckNaked
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
No disrespect but this looks silly now. The Vikes are going nowhere unless they get a new QB or quantum leap from Jackson.

You obviously didn't see any of the game today, but he put on a very good performance.

TitleTown088
12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
O'rly.............?

BuckNaked
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
O'rly.............?

http://xcj9352.k12.sd.us/ya%20rly.jpg

Canuck
12-30-2007, 09:35 PM
http://ya.rly.pl/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/yodarly.jpg

bearsfan_51
12-30-2007, 09:36 PM

I doubt Moses will mind seeing as how he was banned a few weeks ago.

I agree about Jackson however. Maybe they should bring back Daunte.

BuckNaked
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
I doubt Moses will mind seeing as how he was banned a few weeks ago.

I agree about Jackson however. Maybe they should bring back Daunte.

He played very well today, and if it wasn't for some HUGE dropped passes by Williamson (one of them being an easy 70 yard TD pass with nobody within 20 yards of him), his stats would've looked much better. He made a lot of big plays with his feet, including a big run in the 4th and scrambling in for both two point conversions.

There are definitely things to be desired however. His mechanics definitely need some tweaking, and his footwork is pretty bad. His decision making is spotty, but that also comes with your crappy #1 target being Bobby Wade, who was covered by Champ Bailey. How is young quarterback in this league expected to succeed in this league when he has no legitimate options to look to when he drops back?

bearsfan_51
12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
He played very well today, and if it wasn't for some HUGE dropped passes by Williamson (one of them being an easy 70 yard TD pass with nobody within 20 yards of him), his stats would've looked much better. He made a lot of big plays with his feet, including a big run in the 4th and scrambling in for both two point conversions.

There are definitely things to be desired however. His mechanics definitely need some tweaking, and his footwork is pretty bad. His decision making is spotty, but that also comes with your crappy #1 target being Bobby Wade, who was covered by Champ Bailey. How is young quarterback in this league expected to succeed in this league when he has no legitimate options to look to when he drops back?
Brad Johnson did better with much worse.

Just sayin'.

BuckNaked
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Brad Johnson did better with much worse.

Just sayin'.

Actually Brad Johnson was pretty awful in 2006 with 9 TD's and 15 INT's, and that's coming from a veteran and not some first year starter.

TitleTown088
12-31-2007, 03:22 PM
http://xcj9352.k12.sd.us/ya%20rly.jpg

Uh.... the queens didn't make it..? SO not " ya rly"

Why was moses banned?

Football Fan
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Uh.... the queens didn't make it..? SO not " ya rly"

Why was moses banned?Yeah thats what I was wondering. Why was moses banned? I thought he made a lot of good points.

GB12
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah thats what I was wondering. Why was moses banned? I thought he made a lot of good points.
He makes everything political and always attacks the mods. I think he was actually auto-banned from the high number of infractions he received. Anyway, he's gone and not coming back.

someone447
12-31-2007, 04:40 PM
He makes everything political and always attacks the mods. I think he was actually auto-banned from the high number of infractions he received. Anyway, he's gone and not coming back.

I am on thin ice. I stay out of threads that will get me infractions, because I know that if I read them I am going to comment on them, and then I will get infractions.

TitleTown088
12-31-2007, 04:51 PM
But when I look at his posts his name is still there and everything?

He'll be missed, probably my favorite GB poster even with his constant liberal pro drug mumbo jumbo.
Ciao Moses.

someone447
12-31-2007, 05:42 PM
But when I look at his posts his name is still there and everything?

He'll be missed, probably my favorite GB poster even with his constant liberal pro drug mumbo jumbo.
Ciao Moses.

Being anti-drug war is not the same as being pro-drug. I always got the impression he was against the drug war, rather than being pro-drug. I, on the other hand, am what would be considered pro-drug. I think that if used correctly they can be very beneficial. Moses only thought the war on drugs was a waste of money(which personally, I don't see how someone can even argue against that. It doesn't stop people, and it just puts non-violent offenders in jail.)

See why I am on thin ice? But at one point I was able to keep a pro-drug thread open for a couple days and about 10 pages.

TitleTown088
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Being anti-drug war is not the same as being pro-drug. I always got the impression he was against the drug war, rather than being pro-drug. I, on the other hand, am what would be considered pro-drug. I think that if used correctly they can be very beneficial. Moses only thought the war on drugs was a waste of money(which personally, I don't see how someone can even argue against that. It doesn't stop people, and it just puts non-violent offenders in jail.)

See why I am on thin ice? But at one point I was able to keep a pro-drug thread open for a couple days and about 10 pages.

Moses was clearly pro drug dude, he always spoke up for them.I' not referring just to his sig, I could care less which position anyone takes, I just don't want to hear about it on a football site, that's my point.

Vikes99ej
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh well, 2nd place in the NFC North ain't too bad, at least to me.

TitleTown088
01-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh well, 2nd place in the NFC North ain't too bad, at least to me.

This thread isn't about 2nd place in the north... It was about a playoff birth... One I said they wouldn't obtain...

yo123
01-03-2008, 11:27 PM
This thread isn't about 2nd place in the north... It was about a playoff birth... One I said they wouldn't obtain...

http://webhollis.com/albums/Funny-Forum/Want_A_Cookie.jpg

PackerLegend
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Well well well I just happened to stumble across this again!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=39zY80fsZJE

Man its funny as hell how he goes from screaming "TOUCH.... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!" to "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

sorry Viking fans just had to bring this one back mostly for the guys reaction.

yo123
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Well well well I just happened to stumble across this again!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=39zY80fsZJE

Man its funny as hell how he goes from screaming "TOUCH.... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!" to "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

sorry Viking fans just had to bring this one back mostly for the guys reaction.

Thats fine I can always pull this baby out.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/837276~Freddie-Mitchell-2003-Divisional-Playoffs-4th-and-26-Reception-Posters.jpg

someone447
01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=yo123;822196]Thats fine I can always pull this baby out.

Antonio Freeman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI)

Your move.

andyjo672
01-05-2008, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=yo123;822196]Thats fine I can always pull this baby out.

Antonio Freeman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI)

Your move.

Thats got to be one of the most ridiculous plays in NFL history...I remember watching that and not even being mad, just very confused as to why these things always seem to happen to the Vikings.

And to link that was posted above, with the Cardinals catch, I wish I could say that was my most disappointing Vikings memory, but then there is the 98 and 01 NFC Championship games to fall back on...

PackerLegend
01-05-2008, 07:02 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/837276~Freddie-Mitchell-2003-Divisional-Playoffs-4th-and-26-Reception-Posters.jpg

Let me just point out #42... Who does he play for again?

and #21 obvisously isnt Charles Woodson because that would have never happened if it was.

PackerLegend
01-05-2008, 07:11 PM
ohh ohh look who it is !!!

http://i.packers.com/pg/driver_donald_2006/photo25.jpg

who remembers that from last year? with like 40 seconds left in the half or so the announcers start talking about Sharper and how he knows Farve and will read the play. Well he read something it was the back of Drivers jersey going about 80 yards the other way.

Gay Ork Wang
01-05-2008, 07:20 PM
I like this thread

Boston
01-05-2008, 07:47 PM

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/tarvaris-jackson.jpg

Ooh. Trump card.

Gay Ork Wang
01-05-2008, 08:01 PM
When have the Vikings been to the SB the last time? I forgot it

bearsfan_51
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/image/tony.jpg

Always a classic. The Bears have had plenty of draft busts (Cade McNown, Curtis Enis, David Terrell) but none of them compare to that pimply, steroid taking, could-have-had Barry Sanders, disaster.

someone447
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Always a classic. The Bears have had plenty of draft busts (Cade McNown, Curtis Enis, David Terrell) but none of them compare to that pimply, steroid taking, could-have-had Barry Sanders, disaster.

Well, it ended up working out ok for us. After all, we did win a Super Bowl in the '90s.

johbur
01-06-2008, 12:24 AM

Yep, he was a bust, but it's not like Barry has any rings on his fingers... Look at the sheer number of busts the Bears have had just at the QB position and it makes it no surprise to me that they cannot sustain a winning program. GB has been able to not waste draft picks on QBs, and even taking Rodgers was not necessary as Brett has had as good a year as any in his past.

Anyways, getting back to the Vikings QBs, what is the sense of going forward with Tavaris Jackson? They made a nice run at the end of the season and he's athletic and got better. He wasn't good enough even with AD to win the early games that would have actually provided a playoff berth.There's some decent first round guys where the Vikes will be picking, but will management draft another QB? Or will that be dealt with later if Tavaris doesn't do well next year and the HC gets cut?

BuckNaked
01-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Yep, he was a bust, but it's not like Barry has any rings on his fingers... Look at the sheer number of busts the Bears have had just at the QB position and it makes it no surprise to me that they cannot sustain a winning program. GB has been able to not waste draft picks on QBs, and even taking Rodgers was not necessary as Brett has had as good a year as any in his past.

Anyways, getting back to the Vikings QBs, what is the sense of going forward with Tavaris Jackson? They made a nice run at the end of the season and he's athletic and got better. He wasn't good enough even with AD to win the early games that would have actually provided a playoff berth.There's some decent first round guys where the Vikes will be picking, but will management draft another QB? Or will that be dealt with later if Tavaris doesn't do well next year and the HC gets cut?

Don't even get me started with that **** in the beginning of the season. He's gotten much, much better since then. He only had a couple starts up until that point.

bearsfan_51
01-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I knew Packers fans would try to rationalize that somehow. Yes yes, the Packers are perfect and almighty, it's hard for you not to be ignoramous homers because you've been so spoiled by Favre, yes yes.

GB12
01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Tony Mandarich was one of the biggest busts in NFL history. With that said I'd much rather have 1 mega-bust than many regular busts. The Bears busted every year from then until they finally hit on Urlacher in 2000.

Vikes99ej
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
We should just rename this thread the "Packers Self-Esteem Thread". I can't say **** about their history, but I really hope they don't make it to the Super Bowl.

Boston
01-06-2008, 01:37 AM
We should just rename this thread the "Packers Self-Esteem Thread". I can't say **** about their history, but I really hope they don't make it to the Super Bowl.

A mis-informed title always raises my self-esteem. :)

bearsfan_51
01-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Tony Mandarich was one of the biggest busts in NFL history. With that said I'd much rather have 1 mega-bust than many regular busts. The Bears busted every year from then until they finally hit on Urlacher in 2000.
You mean like Jamal Reynolds, Ahmad Carroll, Antwan Edwards, Ross Verba, John Michels, etc, etc, etc?

The Packers have had TONS of draft busts, thankfully for them they've had Favre around for the past 15 years to minimize the losses.

Boston
01-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Thank god for meaningless arguements...

bearsfan_51
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Thank god for meaningless arguements...
What argument could possibly have meaning on a draft message board? Were you here seeking spiritual enlightenment?

Boston
01-06-2008, 02:11 AM
What argument could possibly have meaning on a draft message board? Were you here seeking spiritual enlightenment?

This thread is to celebrate the Vikings lack of regular season success, not debate who's had the less desirable first round draft picks over the last ten, fifteen years (Bears).

bearsfan_51
01-06-2008, 02:33 AM
For the record it's the Lions, and it's really not even that close.

awfullyquiet
01-06-2008, 03:08 AM
For the record it's the Lions, and it's really not even that close.

not even just in the nfl.
real life too. the lions are worse than the fifth grade school nerd who picks all his/her friends to play baseball during gym, while the other one picks the kids already well into puberty with back hair already...

Gay Ork Wang
01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
naaa Miami had some really bad first round picks but its close

TitleTown088
01-06-2008, 01:38 PM

If the Packers take Barry there, no Ron Wolf for the Pack. No wolf, No Favre, no super bowls,no Thompson. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

johbur
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM

pwned.

On the Favre note, he has been the equalizer for the franchise's bad drafts throughout the years. They are the smallest market team, yet because they haven't had to take QBs like other teams, they've been more competitive than other circumstances would warrant, including lame coaches, bad personnel decisions and injuries. Something like 225 or so QBs have started for the other 31 teams while Favre has started for the Packers. That's a lot of players the Packers never even had to deal with while they've had one losing season over the last 16 years.

vikesrock28
04-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Tarvaris "Toothless" Jackson is the scapegoat, I tell ya.

The guy couldn't hit the Pacific from Santa Monica Pier!