PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams: Likely Out For the Season

P-L
12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3139648

Ugh. 6-10, here we come!

Xiomera
12-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Roy's contract is up after next season. Who thinks he will re-sign in Detroit?

no love
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
His contract is up?! Link??

12-03-2007, 03:32 PM

he hasnt been happy lately with how the teams using him so i wouldnt be that surprised if he walks away in the offseason.

Xiomera
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
His contract is up?! Link??

Scotty D
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
We can always franchise him. But if his contract demands are ridiculous and with the money tied up in Calvin re-signing Roy is not a lock. I can easily see Millen giving him the biggest WR contract in history.

Xiomera
12-03-2007, 03:41 PM
We can always franchise him. But if his contract demands are ridiculous and with the money tied up in Calvin re-signing Roy is not a lock. I can easily see Millen giving him the biggest WR contract in history.

He already gave Redding the biggest DT contract in history . . . and we all see how that us turning out.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, as it allows CJ to have a 4 game audition for being the feature wide receiver. If Martz is gone (and it seems a rather safe bet that he will be), the need for Williams is greatly diminished. If Johnson can prove that he can be "the guy" next year, it might not be a bad idea to explore trade opportunities with Roy only having one year left on his contract.

detroit4life
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, as it allows CJ to have a 4 game audition for being the feature wide receiver. If Martz is gone (and it seems a rather safe bet that he will be), the need for Williams is greatly diminished. If Johnson can prove that he can be "the guy" next year, it might not be a bad idea to explore trade opportunities with Roy only having one year left on his contract.

he's right lions have basically blown there shot at the playoffs this wil rly let us see what CJ can do. If martz does walk we could definitly dangle Roy in a trade and get some good value as well

P-L
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Martz is definitely gone after this season and unless we franchise him, Roy Williams is gone after next season. I wonder what we could get for Roy. He's an excellent receiver, when he gets the ball.

detroit4life
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Martz is definitely gone after this season and unless we franchise him, Roy Williams is gone after next season. I wonder what we could get for Roy. He's an excellent receiver, when he gets the ball.

i could see a trade with tennesee and getting some good value. They need a WR badly for Vince and ROy is arguably one of the elite wr's in the game right now

Xiomera
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
2nd rounder for Roy? I would do it, though I might prefer trading him for an established player . . . if possible . . .

The Unseen
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
When it rains, it pours.

detroit4life
12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
2nd rounder for Roy? I would do it, though I might prefer trading him for an established player . . . if possible . . .

i wonder if it were possible to get a first from a bottom 15 team such as the titans. For some reason i see that as the most logical place that would trade for him. Gives Vince a target and not only that Vince and Roy have that longhorn relationship. If roy agreed to a new contract before the trade it'd be interesting to see if we could get a first for him.

GB12
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
We got the 37th pick for Walker. Roy should get you a little higher than that.

WMD
12-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Roy Williams for DeAngelo Hall!

Xiomera
12-04-2007, 07:34 AM
There is an article by Tom Kowalski on MLive today . . . he thinks that KJ and Roy both want out of Detroit, and will not be re-signing in Detroit when their respective contracts end after next season.

We only have one franchise tag . . .

Looks like we'll be watching the Detroit Lions circa 2003 here soon.

detroit4life
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
well if we start using KJ he could stay. Roys a goner but that was known already. Theres no point to rly give KJ a huge contract anyway. He's only proven to be an average back and with they way teams are throwing new RBs in their backfield i think we can find a replacement rather then franchising KJ. Veteran RB's seem to be traded at cheap value now a days look at Mcgahee he was traded for a 3rd round pick. These two leaving wont kill this team.
Thats why trading Roy should be priority number one this year and getting some value.