PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Blog Entry Ever

Scott Wright
12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Or maybe I should say the longest...

For my December 3rd entry I broke down the BCS and ranked the teams who I feel are either Elite, 2nd Tier, Pretenders or Wild Cards.

Check it out!

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/blog/wrightstuff.html

Michigan
12-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd take OSU over LSU and USC on a neutral field, but maybe that's just me.

kwilk103
12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
scott, do you see wvu ever become elite? rods the creator of the spread, and if he keeps recruiting well (recruit to fit the system), do you see them being a perennial top 10 team?

Scott Wright
12-03-2007, 10:02 PM
scott, do you see wvu ever become elite? rods the creator of the spread, and if he keeps recruiting well (recruit to fit the system), do you see them being a perennial top 10 team?

If they can't so it with White/Slaton/Devine in a year without a true power I am not sure they ever will. If Slaton comes back next year they will have a shot to win it all and take that next step but if Slaton goes, while they will still be good, I think it will be the beginning of the end. Relatively speaking of course.

vatech=accdomination
12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
when WVU starts pulling in the huge recruits, they will be undefeated atleast every other year.

Iamcanadian
12-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Scott, I think you need to stay focused on the draft because I don't think you analysis of college football teams is very good.
I'll bet you right here that Ohio St. not only beats an overated LSU team but beats them soundly. I'm afraid you've been caught up in the SEC hype!!

georgiafan
12-04-2007, 09:42 AM
USC was also co conference champs just like UGA they just won the tie breaker where UGA lost it.

kwilk103
12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
when WVU starts pulling in the huge recruits, they will be undefeated atleast every other year.

our recruiting is picking up quickly; we wont get all of them, but being in the running is great; never would have believed it a few years ago

hale, saddler, pryor, jenkins all have us as finalist

also had a couple of other 4/5* in for visits; may have verbelled elsewhere or eliminated us, but thats a start; star jackson/reggie hunt to name a few

picked up a couple of 4* jucos the past few years

vatech=accdomination
12-04-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah, I mean look at what they are doing with 3-4 stars, imagine what they could do with 5's, biggest example, Noel Devine.

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
How about next year:

ELITES:

Florida, will be incredible
USC, only thing holding them back will be inexperienced QB
Georgia, growing up and immensely talented
Oklahoma, Improves on this year

2nd Tier:

LSU
Ohio State
Texas?
WVA
(can not think of any others)

Canadian_kid16
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
love how you have the same vision as me on OSU :D The won't get within two touchdowns...the entire Big 10 is overrated

soybean
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd take OSU over LSU and USC on a neutral field, but maybe that's just me.

of course you would. you'd probably take illinois and michigan too.

VoteLynnSwan
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
How about next year:

ELITES:

Florida, will be incredible
USC, only thing holding them back will be inexperienced QB
Georgia, growing up and immensely talented
Oklahoma, Improves on this year

2nd Tier:

LSU
Ohio State
Texas?
WVA
(can not think of any others)

Illinois has an outside shot at the 2nd tier

504 to ATL
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Illinois has an outside shot at the 2nd tier

Thats true, I forgot about them. They are young and talented, and another year in a new system should do them some good.

OhioState
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I hate how people just write us off, but at the same time think that we will take it to heart and use it to our advantage.

diabsoule
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Scott, that has to be one of the best posts I've read by you.

In my opinion, there are six teams that deserved a shot at the national title this year. LSU, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, and Hawaii all deserve a chance to compete. One team has an undefeated record, one has one loss, and four have two losses. I understand why a one loss Ohio State team is ahead of a two loss Oklahoma but why is LSU heading to the National Championship game and not the Sooners? For that matter why isn't Virginia Tech, USC, or the only undefeated in Hawaii?

This year proves to me more than any other that the current system needs to be overhauled and a playoff system (hopefully) instituted. It would be the only fair way to determine an undisputed college football champion.

kwilk103
12-04-2007, 08:08 PM
usc lost to standford
vt lost by 41 to lsu----no one was gonna put them in over lsu

why cant we just have an 8 team playoff----6 bcs conference winners, and 2 highest rated non bcs conference teams

diabsoule
12-04-2007, 08:14 PM
usc lost to standford

why cant we just have an 8 team playoff----6 bcs conference winners, and 2 highest rated non bcs conference teams

Ohio State lost to Illinois as well.
LSU lost to Kentucky and Arkansas. While it was in 3 OT's, a loss is still a loss.

There needs to be an 8-10 team playoff.

Iamcanadian
12-04-2007, 11:02 PM
If they can't so it with White/Slaton/Devine in a year without a true power I am not sure they ever will. If Slaton comes back next year they will have a shot to win it all and take that next step but if Slaton goes, while they will still be good, I think it will be the beginning of the end. Relatively speaking of course.

The problem was they didn't have White for their final game and even if Slaton goes, Devine should be an excellent replacement playing with White. White IMO is far more important than Slaton to WVU.
HC's are either good appraisers of talent or they aren't. Rodriquez has proved his ability to spot talent and I don't think that will change overnight.

kwilk103
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM
The problem was they didn't have White for their final game and even if Slaton goes, Devine should be an excellent replacement playing with White. White IMO is far more important than Slaton to WVU.
HC's are either good appraisers of talent or they aren't. Rodriquez has proved his ability to spot talent and I don't think that will change overnight.

i think devine will get between 15-20 carries next year

we have terrance kerns coming next year---4* who committed to us, but didnt qualify---6' 225 lbs; 4.48

and the oline quality is picking up----3* og(rivals)/4*c (scout) gino gradkowski will start (bro is qb on bucs), and jenkins should push for playing time

Iamcanadian
12-05-2007, 08:36 AM
i think devine will get between 15-20 carries next year

we have terrance kerns coming next year---4* who committed to us, but didnt qualify---6' 225 lbs; 4.48

and the oline quality is picking up----3* og(rivals)/4*c (scout) gino gradkowski will start (bro is qb on bucs), and jenkins should push for playing time

WVU has an awful lot of starters returning on offense, it's defense where they may have some problems.

Sniper
12-05-2007, 10:28 AM
The problem was they didn't have White for their final game

Really? Then who's this guy named Patrick White who was 5-10 passing for 50 yards and had 14 carries for 41 yards and a fumble?

benchod
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
usc lost to standford

There won't be a playoff for that very reason.

The SC loss to Stanford, as epic as it was, would be deemed next to irrelevant in a playoff system.

Having a loss like that destroys your entire season, but thats an argument for and against the BCS/playoff system. The playoff system won't happen, but its pretty evident that the BCS needs work.

kwilk103
12-05-2007, 01:38 PM
WVU has an awful lot of starters returning on offense, it's defense where they may have some problems.

we rotate a lot; and some of the non-starters are actually better than the starters; should be fine