PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Hoke..DE/LB, Cincinnati

Travis 24
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on this guy?...I'm just looking for someones opinion because I've seen him multiple times, and their is just something about him that just tells me he's gonna be playing on sundays..

Kinda undersized for a DE in the NFL..6'1" 235-240 lbs, but is very active. Think he could be a great weakside linebacker in the NFL..already great at getting to the QB, had 12 sacks this year..5 the year before...also had 15.5 tackles for loss..and recorded a ton of hurries..

I had him going very high in the 2nd round in a mock draft..but that was entirely speculation on how he would perform at the combine, etc...Scott doesn't even have him listed, and another site has him 33rd among OLB's..

jbeans187
12-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I saw him play against wvu, he was a beast. I was wondering his draft status too. The commentators said he came in as a wr but he out grew it, he showed his ex wr athleticism during that game, he was all over the place

Don Vito
12-04-2007, 12:25 AM
He looked good the few times I saw Cincy play, but he is a little bit of an awkward projection when it comess to NFL position.

I don't know if anyone remembers him, but he reminds me of one time Virginia Tech DE Corey Moore. He hasn't been the force Moore was, but he is an undersized end with great athleticsim and a good motor. Moore was an elite college player but didn't make it in the NFL, but Hoke is a little bigger and should at least get a look as 3-4 OLB or he may even get a chance to be developed into a fulltime linebacker or RE.

I really haven't seen him drop back into coverage. Has he covered man to man or dropped back into a zone? If he has and done well in coverage then that could help his chances in any scheme at LB.

jbeans187
12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
In the WVU game it looked like they just let him go after the backfield. I didnt see any covering