PDA

View Full Version : NE up to #2 in latest draft order

Iamcanadian
12-04-2007, 06:55 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

OzTitan
12-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Hope they like someone a lot there, cause' it will be a rather large cap burden for a team that isn't in a rebuilding cycle Those $M would better be used extending some proven players they already have. Can't see much trade interest there either really but maybe they'd accept reduced value.

bergo23
12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I can see Chris Long with his versatility and pedigree as someone the Pats would take with this high a pick.....that being said, I hope it does strap them cap wise.......cuz Cheaters should never prosper.

Beans
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Man, we should be grateful that the Dolphins are so bad this year... how much would it suck to have the Pats sitting at #1

Ho0k Em'
12-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I doubt they'd be able to move down, and if they're picking at 2 then they'll pick McFadden. They have Maroney, but McFadden is too good to pass up. Just imagine how many points that team would put up. I can't really see them going with Long. They have Warren and Seymour at the ends, and Colvin and Vrabel off the edge. AD is probably better suited to play outside as well.

Travis 24
12-04-2007, 08:10 AM
If they have the 2nd pick, they will find a trade partner...I'd be shocked if no one was willing to move up for Dorsey/Long/Long/McFadden..or even a QB.

I think their would have to be a strong chance that NO or Cincy makes a move to #2 if Dorsey is there...especially if he has a strong combine. Those 2 are in dire need of a dominating interior lineman..

Ho0k Em'
12-04-2007, 08:18 AM
If they have the 2nd pick, they will find a trade partner...I'd be shocked if no one was willing to move up for Dorsey/Long/Long/McFadden..or even a QB.

I think their would have to be a strong chance that NO or Cincy makes a move to #2 if Dorsey is there...especially if he has a strong combine. Those 2 are in dire need of a dominating interior lineman..

Dorsey and McFadden are the only to players worth moving up that high for. I still have a hard time seeing someone give up this years and next years 1st and probably a couple mid-round picks. Even if they do trade with trade to the 6-10 area I still think that's too high for Laurianitus(spl?).