PDA

View Full Version : Roy and Kevin waiting to get out...

Scotty D
12-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Williams, Jones likely to leave

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/williams_jones_likely_to_leave.html

ALLEN PARK -- Neither player will say it publicly, but two of Detroit's best offensive players -- receiver Roy Williams and running back Kevin Jones -- are counting the days until they can leave Detroit.

While the losing seasons have taken their toll on the two players, there are other reasons why they want to leave the Lions organization and their motives aren't exactly the same.

Williams and Jones, who were both first-round draft picks in 2004, will become unrestricted free agents after next season and sources close to the players say they've had enough and want out.

Williams, who could miss the final four games of the regular season with a knee sprain, is averaging almost three yards less per catch than he did last season - his 16.0-yard average in 2006 is down to 13.3 yards this year.

If the Lions make some changes in their offensive philosophy, Jones wouldn't be as adamant about leaving but his frustration level is currently off the charts. Jones believes he's wasting his time with a team that doesn't want to use him and would prefer to suit up for a club that needs a back who actually runs the ball.

Williams is hoping Jones has a Pro Bowl season in 2008 because if the Lions are going to use the franchise tag on somebody, Williams doesn't want to be the one. Jones is thinking the same thing about Williams; Jones wants to have a breakout season but he doesn't want to get franchised as a result.

Don't be surprised, though, if the Lions ultimately attempt to trade one or both of the players. While the front office will do everything it can to make them happy and productive -- and win a few games in the process (which will make everybody happy) -- they know it's a battle they might not be able to win.

Williams and Jones aren't likely to admit it publicly, but neither one of them believes their long-term future will be in Detroit.

NYGibril28
12-04-2007, 08:33 AM
I would love to see KJ in New York. I'm sure there'd be a lot of suitors for both players via trade, and it's something the Lions should consider if both players seem adamant about leaving.

Iamcanadian
12-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Don't worry, Millen will overpay them just like he did with Backus and Redding.
No body in their sane mind would want to play for Detroit under Millen unless he is paid far beyond his value.
Soon we will have the highest payroll in the NFL for the leasat amount of talent. Thank you Matt Millen.

Scotty D
12-04-2007, 08:38 AM
We don't necessarily need these guys to be successful its just hard to let them go because these are the two guys that gave us something to cheer about throughout the losing seasons.

Xiomera
12-04-2007, 11:45 AM
The Lions will never be able to sustain a quality roster because all of our top picks just wanna leave.

2004 was the draft that brought us some quality playmakers. If they leave just 4 seasons later, then what purpose did they ever serve? You draft guys in round one to have long-term success and stability at those positions. It doesn't bode well for our future if previous first round picks are leaving before the new ones have a chance to contribute to success.

We're screwed.

JPLUFF
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Can't blame Kevin Jones for wanting to get out. He deserves the ball more often than he gets it.

As for Roy, Martz's system made him what he is today. He had a career year last year and his production will probably never be better than that.

Losing sucks though...I'd want to get out too.

Xiomera
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
It's no coincidence that KJ's only 100 yard game came in the only game he received 20 carries . . .

Geo
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
It is a bit funny that Kevin Jones wants to go to a team that runs the ball more, considering he can't even stay healthy enough to play a full season with the Detroit Lions.

LionSmack
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
The Lions won't trade either one of them, that is not what they do. Doing that would be admitting that they are unable to hang on to them. They will franchise one, probably Roy, and KJ will go elsewhere.

Xiomera
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
It is a bit funny that Kevin Jones wants to go to a team that runs the ball more, considering he can't even stay healthy enough to play a full season with the Detroit Lions.

Maybe playing behind an atrocious offensive line contributed to his injuries . . . or at least he could justify them in saying so.

VoteLynnSwan
12-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Can't blame Kevin Jones for wanting to get out. He deserves the ball more often than he gets it.

As for Roy, Martz's system made him what he is today. He had a career year last year and his production will probably never be better than that.

Losing sucks though...I'd want to get out too.

Roy Williams would be successful in any system... Martz hardly made him what he is. If Williams went to a team where he'd be happy, he could easily be a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Bootland27
12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Another reason why Martz needs to go. At least if you get rid of him and get a different OC (one that actually wants to run the ball) there's a better chance that KJ could come back.

WMD
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think we have to worry about losing Kevin Jones. Mike Martz has to be done here after this season. As far as Roy goes.. I wouldn't franchise him.. I'd start taking trade offers as soon as possible.

12-04-2007, 05:51 PM
We don't necessarily need these guys to be successful its just hard to let them go because these are the two guys that gave us something to cheer about throughout the losing seasons.

sorry but without these guys the lions are 3-13/4-12 material in comparison to what they are this season.

Scotty D
12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
sorry but without these guys the lions are 3-13/4-12 material in comparison to what they are this season.

Kevin Jones hasn't been carrying this team. Roy would be a major loss, but if Calvin develops we should be ok. We'd find a running back. But is Kevin Jones price going to be that high? I mean he can't stay healthy. He'd have to build his value up next season.

LonghornsLegend
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow what a blow to Detroit, all the bust you guys get in round 1, the two guys who pan out want to leave...Its pretty ridiculous to have Jones and carry the ball 3 times a game, there is no reason to have a star at rb, you can get guys like Cason to catch out of the backfield all game...As much as people rave about Martz offense, how successful can you be running the ball under 5 times a game?/

KJ would be a beast somewhere like Houston, and it be nice if Dallas could get Roy, but thats just wishful thinking

TacticaLion
12-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Yannow what? Good. Lets make a trade.

As great as Roy-CJ sounds, Roy is a name and could get us value in return. And, although I'm beginning to like KJ more and more... if he doesn't want to be here, he shouldn't be.

If we managed to trade both Roy and KJ for picks and improvements to our OLine and LB groups, I'd do it instantly.

We need to get an offensive line here in Detroit. Move Backus to the right side and bring in a true, no **** LT.

And, we need a defense. A real defense.

Bootland27
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
50 years of suck and counting....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/IronMount/GridironEdsel.jpg

regoob2
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd love to see either of these guys in a Bears uniform but I know they wouldn't trade either to a division rival.

nobodyinparticular
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
That news seriously sucks. I don't get it. Well, with the way that Martz doesn't like to run the ball, that I can understand. But Roy Williams? I don't know. You guys are actually having a pretty darn good year this year. This just doesn't make any sense.

Bootland27
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't understand why some you wanna get rid of KJ. I don't have problems with players that want to play, its what they are getting paid to do. Jones busts his a$$ coming back from an injury to play and then gets parked on the bench by a egocentric lunatic OC who is in his own universe somewhere playing head games with himself.

If thats what KJ and Roy really want then I don't blame them one bit. Remember, this is the same organization that sat on their asses when Barry was unhappy about the direction of the team (when guys like lomas brown were let go) and eventually said enough is enough. The BEST PLAYER ever to don the honululu blue and silver, was tired of losing and the old man sat on his a** and did jack$hit. It just speaks volumes about the ineptitude of this organization.

detap21
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Well I personally don't want to get rid of KJ, but I do at the same time. He is a terrific back, but he can't stay healthy. He wants to leave. Right now I would take T.J. Duckett over KJ, because T.J. is runnin people over and stayin some what healthy. KJ was runnin good, until he got hurt again. How many times has he been injured since joining us? I can't even remember because it happens so often. Just like Fernando Bryant, he gets hurt almost every game.

fire millen now
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
You can just let KJ or Williams go You have to trade them for some D or 1st round picks. Dallas needs a future number 1 WR, millen should talk to them. Speaking of Millen is he ever going to get fired, 50 games below .500 what a joke.

RaiderNation
01-05-2008, 02:10 PM
How much would it take to get Roy? A 2nd rounder? If so i hope Oakland can snag him

regoob2
01-05-2008, 02:11 PM
What team would give a 1st for Kevin Jones?

Geo
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
No one, that's patently ridiculous. No one will give a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, or maybe even a 3rd round pick for injury-prone Kevin Jones, who has only one year left on his contract and is recovering from a torn ACL injury right now.

The Lions have to help him heal up and play out his rookie contract, then let him walk unless he can be had for cheap/moderate money.

wingboy2999
01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
If we had to choose between losing one or the other, I'm choosing KJ 99 times out of 100. He has shown flashes of being good but he is very injury prone. He has and, at the same time, hasn't worked out. Maybe this next season will change how we look at him because we will run more.

We better atleast.

And taking Duckett over KJ? Ridiculous. There is a reason we got him for almost nothing.

WMD
01-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think we could anything but an Old Day Two pick for KJ.. Roy shouldn't get anything less than a Round 1, unless there's a player involved.

detap21
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
If we had to choose between losing one or the other, I'm choosing KJ 99 times out of 100. He has shown flashes of being good but he is very injury prone. He has and, at the same time, hasn't worked out. Maybe this next season will change how we look at him because we will run more.

We better atleast.

And taking Duckett over KJ? Ridiculous. There is a reason we got him for almost nothing.

Yes I would take Duckett over KJ. Duckett has lasted the season, KJ got injured again. As for getting him for next to nothing he did the pretty good when KJ was out. Yes KJ had played more games, more yards, more touchdowns. I was just trying to say that I would take Duckett because he has stayed healthy. I like KJ as a running back, but he can't stay healthy.

Addict
01-07-2008, 03:35 AM
I wish I could say this is surprise, but I couldn't think of anyone who is still happy to play for this team after 3 years.

TacticaLion
01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes I would take Duckett over KJ. Duckett has lasted the season, KJ got injured again. As for getting him for next to nothing he did the pretty good when KJ was out. Yes KJ had played more games, more yards, more touchdowns. I was just trying to say that I would take Duckett because he has stayed healthy. I like KJ as a running back, but he can't stay healthy.

Sorry... not buying it.

KJ had 153 rushes this year... Duckett had 65. Considering that KJ was injured late in the season, I'd say that KJ lasted more than 65 carries before his injury. There's potential for injury on every carry... so, Duckett could've easily been injured over 88 more carries.

Regardless, I like having both on the roster. KJ is a great back... fights hard and makes plays. Duckett is powerful... hard to bring down and seems to always fall for yards. Keep both.

wingboy2999
01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I'm not taking KJ over Duckett as a feature back. No way. Duckett isn't injury prone because he has barely played the past few years. He is a great guy to pound it out but I don't think he is skilled enough to be a feature back like KJ has shown. That isn't a knock on Duckett. He hasn't even been asked to be a feature back.... EVER. He's always been part of a two RB tandem. I don't think he would be effective as a starter.

detap21
01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Duckett wasn't getting anything at the start of the season. He had five games where he had nothing. Two games with two attempts. 14 out of 16 weeks he had under nine carries. When you have to rush with them games it is hard to get over 65 rushes. Especially if the team is using Tatum Bell or Kevin Jones. I agree he could of been injured with 66 carries. No one knows. I agree to try to keep them both, but if KJ wants to go let him go.
I'm not saying that Duckett should be the feature back. I don't think that Duckett ever will be asked to be a feature back.

Number 10
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
You guys should be able to get a good RB in round 2 if Jones is gone. Draft O-line in round 1 and a RB like Ray Rice in rd 2...things will be looking up.

And I may be in the minority here but I think you could get a 1st for Roy.

Xiomera
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
You guys should be able to get a good RB in round 2 if Jones is gone. Draft O-line in round 1 and a RB like Ray Rice in rd 2...things will be looking up.

I think we could get a first for Roy as well . . . not early first, but mid-late from a team with contention in its sights.

As for RB's . . . give me Mike Hart. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

49ersfan_87
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM

49ers with Mike Martz, Roys former OC? They'll likely be picking around 30 and have a hole at WR. I doubt the 49ers can wait 3 years for a WR to develop.

Xiomera
01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
49ers with Mike Martz, Roys former OC? They'll likely be picking around 30 and have a hole at WR. I doubt the 49ers can wait 3 years for a WR to develop.

I find it far more likely that Martz would trade for Shaun McDonald than Roy Williams. Martz operates under the false belief that his scheme is the ultimate key to success, and that any receiver who subscribes whole-heartedly to his system would be a Pro Bowler. He'll be in for a rude awakening once he gets a better feel for the kind of talent (or lack of talent) he's got in San Francisco at wideout.

detroit4life
01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
well for one roy went on the radio and said it was a good thing martz left and that it was the time for him to go so i doubt he trades for martz. Furrey may be another thing seeing as i would want us to keep mcdonald

BuckNaked
01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
I think we could get a first for Roy as well . . . not early first, but mid-late from a team with contention in its sights.

I hope the Vikings give you our first for Williams.

bsaza2358
01-09-2008, 02:05 PM
The Eagles are a team with contention in its sights, but I'm not certain they'll offer a first rounder...

regoob2
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I hope the Vikings give you our first for Williams.

Sending a pro bowler to a division rival aint happening.

detroit4life
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
The Eagles are a team with contention in its sights, but I'm not certain they'll offer a first rounder...

thats interesting because mcnabb just said to the media today that the eagles need to bring in some playmakers

Brodeur
01-09-2008, 07:42 PM

If the Lions don't draft defense in at least one of the first 2 rounds, I'm going insane. Well, more insane than I already am.

D-Unit
01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Cowboys should give up their first of their two first rounders for Roy.

KILLERSANTA
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM

Agree...........You guys can keep KJ, he isn't that good IMO..............But I'd gladly take Williams off your hands....

D-Unit
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
We'll even throw in Sam Hurd, Miles Austin or Isaiah Stanback.

KILLERSANTA
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
We'll even throw in Sam Hurd, Miles Austin or Isaiah Stanback.

You are just too nice.........

If I was making this trade, I wouldn't even accept Austin as part of it.

detroit4life
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
im a little confused to why u dallas fans want roy other then him being from texas. i know hes a good reciever but that doesnt seem to be a need at all for dallas

Brodeur
01-09-2008, 08:05 PM
im a little confused to why u dallas fans want roy other then him being from texas. i know hes a good reciever but that doesnt seem to be a need at all for dallas

Well TO is a 34 and his contract runs outs after next year(I think), Terry Glenn is 33 and injury prone, and Crayton isn't really a number 1 receiver.

KILLERSANTA
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM

This is Glenn's last year. TO #1, Roy #2, Crayton #3...I love it....Plus TO only has a few good years left.....

Xiomera
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Detroit would have to be completely ******** not to do this deal . . . oh wait, we are . . .

detroit4life
01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
with martz gone i would rly want us to deal roy. we dott have a qb that is good enough to spread the ball around to two probowl wrs id much rather have CJ and Mcdonald with furrey in the slot and get a first round pick or a proven player to help our needs

wingboy2999
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
We CJ and we are stuck with him. Not that it is bad. But there is no way we can get anything near his value if we traded him now.

Or did you mean Roy Williams?

P-L
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Detroit would have to be completely ******** not to do this deal . . . oh wait, we are . . .
Dallas could offer their first 1st Round pick, and Millen would probably think it's too much and ask for their second 1st instead.

Xiomera
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Dallas could offer their first 1st Round pick, and Millen would probably think it's too much and ask for their second 1st instead.

Millen overvalues his own guys though . . . ones he drafted. That's why he overpays to retain them.

If anything, I think Millen would demand too much, rather than too little, or just enough.

Scotty D
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Millen isn't savvy enough to get good value when a guy has already demanded a trade. We need to trade Roy before he demands a trade. Branch demanded a trade and the Patriots got a first round pick. Bly demands a trade and we get Bell and Foster.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Millen isn't savvy enough to get good value when a guy has already demanded a trade. We need to trade Roy before he demands a trade. Branch demanded a trade and the Patriots got a first round pick. Bly demands a trade and we get Bell and Foster.

A.K.A. Nothing. But then again, that is the exception. Randy Moss demanded a trade and he was traded for a 4th. So if there is any inkling of him REALLY wanting a trade, we need to preempt it.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Send Roy to Baltimore!!! Im startin the movement hop aboard!!

Xiomera
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I read on MLive that we aren't likely to deal Roy because the team will want to capitalize on Roy's super-motivated pre-free agency year in 2008.

That's nice and all, but it'll surely force us to franchise him and have him disgruntled.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM

You need a QB to throw to him.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
You need a QB to throw to him.

Perhaps you've never heard of Troy Smith? :)

WMD
01-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I read on MLive that we aren't likely to deal Roy because the team will want to capitalize on Roy's super-motivated pre-free agency year in 2008.

That's nice and all, but it'll surely force us to franchise him and have him disgruntled.

If he REALLY wants out, Roy will play like crap so Detroit doesn't want to bring him back.

detap21
01-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Perhaps you've never heard of Troy Smith? :)

no offense man, but I don't think that Troy Smith is going to be a good choice at qb. At least not right now.

detroit4life
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
We CJ and we are stuck with him. Not that it is bad. But there is no way we can get anything near his value if we traded him now.

Or did you mean Roy Williams?

yea i meant roy

detroit4life
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
If he REALLY wants out, Roy will play like crap so Detroit doesn't want to bring him back.

no he wont roys a competitor and he would hurt his value so much by doing that.

Iamcanadian
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Millen got Foster and Bell for Bly and we want to trust him to trade Roy. We spent 4 1st round picks on WR's to get a great WR corps and now we get rid of Williams, makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this our future when we get a stud who actually wants to WIN??? Millen shuffled Bly out of town because Bly wanted to be on a winner and Millen couldn't take the criticism, now it is Roy's turn. G d we have a bright future with the # of stars Millen actually drafts, soon it will be none because if they want to be on a playoff contender, they will sign elsewhere.
Keep Roy, get rid of Millen or we are doomed.

detroit4life
01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Millen got Foster and Bell for Bly and we want to trust him to trade Roy. We spent 4 1st round picks on WR's to get a great WR corps and now we get rid of Williams, makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this our future when we get a stud who actually wants to WIN??? Millen shuffled Bly out of town because Bly wanted to be on a winner and Millen couldn't take the criticism, now it is Roy's turn. G d we have a bright future with the # of stars Millen actually drafts, soon it will be none because if they want to be on a playoff contender, they will sign elsewhere.
Keep Roy, get rid of Millen or we are doomed.

why keep roy? so he can bolt in a year or so we can franchise him and have him pissed off. Why not move him get decent value for him and work on our defense. We have a star in CJ give him the role of a star. Millens biggest mistake when he drafted so many WR's was that this team doesnt have the QB to utilize all of those recievers. Kitna cant spread the ball around to two stars so why notmove the one that will try to leave after next year and cut our losses. Our offense did alright without Roy and we could benefit a lot from having 2 first round picks.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I like Roy so much that is why I'm torn on trading him off. Do we like any QBs enough to trade Roy for a 1st then package 1 1sts for a QB? Or it'd be better to just use 2 on 2 different spots.

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Send us that #8 pick.

detroit4life
01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Send us that #8 pick.

haha seriosly u can have roy for ur first

detap21
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
haha seriosly u can have roy for ur first

I would agree with that

Play Hard
01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
And since Al and Millen are buddies we could probably give you our 2nd and Fabian Washington

wingboy2999
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
And since Al and Millen are buddies we could probably give you our 2nd and Fabian Washington

Sounds good to me. Deal.

Forenci
01-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Ugh, I would hope that Roy doesn't go to Dallas. The Giants secondary against TO, Roy AND Crayton? I would loathe those two games every year.

I suppose it would be a great move for Dallas because at least they'd have one Roy Williams worthy of going to the Pro Bowl every year.

Sigh. I suppose it doesn't matter. Millen would likely just spend that pick on the greatest WR talent ever: Jordyzzz Nelonzz.

diabsoule
01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
I doubt anyone will trade for Kevin Jones. I think you guys could find a quality back in this years draft to replace him. However, you guys need to re-sign Roy Williams.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Send us that #8 pick.

No thanks, he aint Chad Johnson and thats bout the only WR available Id give up #8 for.

wingboy2999
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, otherwise it isn't worth it to trade him unless we are getting a good pick. No way in hell we trade him for anything less then a 1st.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, otherwise it isn't worth it to trade him unless we are getting a good pick. No way in hell we trade him for anything less then a 1st.

What about a 2nd and a player that'd be worth it!

Brodeur
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM

A 2nd and Ed Reed sounds excellent.

wingboy2999
01-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Let's hear who then.

Billingsley26
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
any update on where he may going? or what teams are interested in trading for him? i dont think the Lions take much of hit with Williams. Calvin can and should step right in next year and could put up a 100 catch season, and then we have Furrey in the slot, again who will put up a lot of catches. Could be allright without Roy.

wingboy2999
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I honestly don't know if he truly wants out. People say that he does but he keeps saying he wants to stick around and mentor CJ. He knows that CJ has more talent then him but has been quoted as saying that he isn't going to just give him the top WR spot. Granted it may all change when he does take that spot but I guess we will see.

toonsterwu
01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
If Roy wants out and Detroit moves him, I think instead of accumulating value of picks instead of numbers is more significant. That is, for example, I'd try to see if Buffalo is willing to swap firsts and get some combination of their 2nd/3rd round picks/future picks. Reason being that, I think the best three choices in round 1 for the Lions are Sedrick Ellis, Ryan Clady, Derrick Harvey (probably in that order). All three (particularly the former 2) are likely off by 15. At 11, someone may be there, or if they want to deal up, they have a bit more flexibility. As much as LB/CB is a need, I still have a hard time seeing them go that route scheme wise. Ellis would give them the interior player that doesn't seem to be there. I don't think Shaun Cody develops, and Cory Redding isn't a stud 3-tech. Harvey's the top edge rusher, and Clady would be the top LT. Staying at 15, the end options seem off, Balmer may be a reach there (and he could possibly be off), and OT's may be a reach there unless Oher comes out to give depth to the top tier and increase the likelihood that someone is there at 15.

Xiomera
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
If Roy wants out and Detroit moves him, I think instead of accumulating value of picks instead of numbers is more significant. That is, for example, I'd try to see if Buffalo is willing to swap firsts and get some combination of their 2nd/3rd round picks/future picks. Reason being that, I think the best three choices in round 1 for the Lions are Sedrick Ellis, Ryan Clady, Derrick Harvey (probably in that order). All three (particularly the former 2) are likely off by 15. At 11, someone may be there, or if they want to deal up, they have a bit more flexibility. As much as LB/CB is a need, I still have a hard time seeing them go that route scheme wise. Ellis would give them the interior player that doesn't seem to be there. I don't think Shaun Cody develops, and Cory Redding isn't a stud 3-tech. Harvey's the top edge rusher, and Clady would be the top LT. Staying at 15, the end options seem off, Balmer may be a reach there (and he could possibly be off), and OT's may be a reach there unless Oher comes out to give depth to the top tier and increase the likelihood that someone is there at 15.

Toonster,

You think Sedrick Ellis is the best pick for the Lions? I'm not sure there is a Lions fan here who thinks DT is even among our 5 greatest needs.

Do you forecast a trade of Shaun Rogers? That is the only way I see us taking a DT in the first 3 rounds.

detroit4life
01-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Toonster,

You think Sedrick Ellis is the best pick for the Lions? I'm not sure there is a Lions fan here who thinks DT is even among our 5 greatest needs.

Do you forecast a trade of Shaun Rogers? That is the only way I see us taking a DT in the first 3 rounds.

i agree its not an inside pass rush we need right now its an outside rush from a DE that is what we're lacking.

Iamcanadian
01-13-2008, 09:09 AM
why keep roy? so he can bolt in a year or so we can franchise him and have him pissed off. Why not move him get decent value for him and work on our defense. We have a star in CJ give him the role of a star. Millens biggest mistake when he drafted so many WR's was that this team doesnt have the QB to utilize all of those recievers. Kitna cant spread the ball around to two stars so why notmove the one that will try to leave after next year and cut our losses. Our offense did alright without Roy and we could benefit a lot from having 2 first round picks.

Roy cost us the #6 pick in the draft and nobody will offer us a pick that high. The NFL is a league where you can franchise your stars to keep them so Roy will be with us for 2 more seasons at the worst. Every team franchises their star players rather than let them walk and almost all of them play hard to keep their value up so when they do reach FA, teams will pay highly for their services.
It is hard enough in the NFL to find star players, and more draft picks over keeping your stars makes no sense to me. Now that Roy has developed and become a star, he should be worth a lot more than what we used to get him. Trading him for less than what we paid is the guaranteed road to destruction. I completely agree that our QB position needs to be upgraded, I've been saying that for years but Millen isn't going to draft one in round 1 after the Harrington disaster. He'll look for another aging QB who can keep the team around 6-8 wins.
The only senerio that would make any sense to me is trading Roy for a top 5 pick and I'd do that trade for one reason only, that the new draft pick might be just reaching stardom by the time Millen is finally fired rather than keep Roy who would be over the hill, leaving us with one huge rebuilding task with very little to show for Millen's era. Besides, Millen will never trade Roy until he absolutely must, he's trying hard to stop criticism not bring on a whole new reason for fans to hate him.
I can just see it now, we trade Roy for a draft pick and a couple of useless players and he goes out and has an absolutely sensational year playing with a top flight QB. I can hear the jokes now about why Millen drafted WR's, so he can send the good ones to other teams to help them compete for the SB. Millen will never do a trade until a gun is put to his head.

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Toonster,

I agree. The ONLY way we take a DT is if we get rid of Rogers. While you may not think that Redding is a stud 3 technique DT, he has far too big of a contract to ride the bench. So someone needs to move and Rogers is the only one that we can move.

KILLERSANTA
01-13-2008, 12:57 PM
When can people trade again?

Addict
01-13-2008, 01:02 PM
When can people trade again?

after the pro bowl I think

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Roy cost us the #6 pick in the draft and nobody will offer us a pick that high. The NFL is a league where you can franchise your stars to keep them so Roy will be with us for 2 more seasons at the worst. Every team franchises their star players rather than let them walk and almost all of them play hard to keep their value up so when they do reach FA, teams will pay highly for their services.
It is hard enough in the NFL to find star players, and more draft picks over keeping your stars makes no sense to me. Now that Roy has developed and become a star, he should be worth a lot more than what we used to get him. Trading him for less than what we paid is the guaranteed road to destruction. I completely agree that our QB position needs to be upgraded, I've been saying that for years but Millen isn't going to draft one in round 1 after the Harrington disaster. He'll look for another aging QB who can keep the team around 6-8 wins.
The only senerio that would make any sense to me is trading Roy for a top 5 pick and I'd do that trade for one reason only, that the new draft pick might be just reaching stardom by the time Millen is finally fired rather than keep Roy who would be over the hill, leaving us with one huge rebuilding task with very little to show for Millen's era. Besides, Millen will never trade Roy until he absolutely must, he's trying hard to stop criticism not bring on a whole new reason for fans to hate him.
I can just see it now, we trade Roy for a draft pick and a couple of useless players and he goes out and has an absolutely sensational year playing with a top flight QB. I can hear the jokes now about why Millen drafted WR's, so he can send the good ones to other teams to help them compete for the SB. Millen will never do a trade until a gun is put to his head.

i agree with you but by trading roy we would be dealing for a position on strength to help our team. We have so many holes on defense i think it would benefit our team to see what value we could get for him in a trade.

EdReedUnstoppable
01-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Let's hear who then.

Roy Williams/3rd RD pick

for

Terrell Suggs/2nd RD pick

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Roy Williams/3rd RD pick

for

Looking better....

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Roy Williams/3rd RD pick

for

thatd make for an interesting trade. I would love to get suggs it fill sour need at DE and then we have a first and 2 early second orund picks to address our other needs

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 05:33 PM
thatd make for an interesting trade. I would love to get suggs it fill sour need at DE and then we have a first and 2 early second orund picks to address our other needs

As do I. Maybe lower our thrown in draft pick a little bit. This trade is interesting.

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Do we think that Suggs will work well for us. He is pretty small at 260. How has he done as a 4-3 DE?

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 05:39 PM
that would alow us to draft LB CB and OL/CB again depending on what we do in FA. would help our defense a lot though without loosing to much on offense because or WRs are deep. Mayb if we could trade our 4th rather then a third but i would like the trade in terms of need vs strength

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Do we think that Suggs will work well for us. He is pretty small at 260. How has he done as a 4-3 DE?

i think he fits the mold of a cover 2 DE pretty well. if we keep rogers our dline would look pretty good with

white-redding-rogers-suggs

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
CB is looking to be a much bigger need because of the fact we have no damn starters anymore. Or at least we may not have any.

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
yea hopefully we can get atleast one CB in FA along with resigning woody. if we dont keep woody its just another area we need to address and i would hate to be starting 2 rookie CBs next year

Xiomera
01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Roy Williams/3rd RD pick

for

Terrible deal for us. No way would we do it.

Staubach12
01-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll trade you Roy Williams for Roy Williams.

detroit4life
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Terrible deal for us. No way would we do it.

why dont u like this deal gives us our DE that we need to run this cover 2

toonsterwu
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Toonster,

I am expecting Rogers to not be there. If he is, then DT slides down. But ... if he gets moved, I think going DT early is the best move. There's enough end depth to find someone in the 2nd/3rd. I am still a big believer that, for the scheme to work, dominant interior play is needed. As interesting as it might be to talk about IAF as a possible inside pass rusher, it's more of a developmental nod, and I don't see Shaun Cody developing. LB/DB are positions you can afford to wait on for the scheme. Now, the only caveat would be LT, so if they went after a OT, I could understand that.

Scotty D
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
We need to acquire more picks, and should explore all options that would get us more picks. We have to many holes. But does it really matter? We can't trust this management to fill those holes.

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
We can trust this management to fill those holes.

Hahahahaha.

Scotty D
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Hahahahaha.

lol that was a typo. damnit

also it was a little sexual.

wingboy2999
01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I was more laughing at the sarcasm.

LonghornsLegend
01-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I still think if you guys got a 1st for Roy thats more then worth it...he was worth a top 10 pick at the time, he's coming off an injury and he may walk for free at some point, why not get a 1st rd pick on the defensive side thats young...

If the front office felt they would do it, alot of teams would be interested...but if Shaun Rogers walks I feel like Dallas would sign him and let Tank walk

wingboy2999
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Roy would obviously get more value but Rogers is nothing to sneeze at. I definitely feel we could get at least a 2nd for him. I don't know if we'd outright cut him. He is too talented to just cut. Yes, he lacks motivation but we can't just let him go free.

Xiomera
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
The Lions had better not cut Rogers. I would rather have him on the team and playing 25% of the snaps than cut him outright and play Shaun Cody in his place.

Now that would be stupid.

detroit4life
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
yea i would no tmind if rogers was on this team next year i still believe he will come back next year after a healthy offseasonand be in good shape. If we get good value for him i wouldnt mind a trade tho

wingboy2999
01-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Same... I'll take either situation. I'm telling everyone, just give him liposuction and suck that fat out of his ass.

Scotty D
01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Same... I'll take either situation. I'm telling everyone, just give him liposuction and suck that fat out of his ass.

Gastric Bypass would be the way to go. Then know matter what he can't put it back on.

wingboy2999
01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah but that could be bad for him. Because I'm sure he has to eat a ton to keep his strength up too. I'd rather get it off him for the season and maybe he'll just naturally keep the weight off.

Brothgar
01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Roy Williams/3rd RD pick

for

Well I don't think we take that deal for one reason only Suggs is a FA this season we could trade Roy to Philly for the #19 pick and a mid round pick Ravens will likely let Suggs go so we can sign a very good DE in FA.

wingboy2999
01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't know if they'd let Suggs go though.

But yes, if we could get a pick for the Bills, Philly or the Redskins then we should be good to go. If it is true that he wants out and we can only get a year or two out of him, then move him for a top 21 pick. And we can move Rogers for a 2nd as well. That'd give us 5 first day picks in a draft that is the deepest in years. Not much high end talent but in the range we'd be picking, we'd be golden. It's possible we could fill all our holes if we made all those trades.

WMD
01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
eh, Roy wants to play closer to home.. I'd see a trade to the Titans or Dallas as more likely.

Xiomera
01-18-2008, 07:04 AM
eh, Roy wants to play closer to home.. I'd see a trade to the Titans or Dallas as more likely.

Perhaps, but Roy doesn't have a choice in destination.

Millen should dangle Roy in front of Dan Snyder's nose before the draft. We all know he likes to trade his picks for established players. I would gladly take their mid 1st rounder.

WMD
01-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Perhaps, but Roy doesn't have a choice in destination.

Millen should dangle Roy in front of Dan Snyder's nose before the draft. We all know he likes to trade his picks for established players. I would gladly take their mid 1st rounder.

Sure he does. All he has to do is tell the team that he doesn't want to play for them or wouldn't sign an extension with them. Joey Harrington did that two years ago. We had a trade in place with Cleveland for a 4th Round pick, and when he found out about it, he told the Browns that he didn't want to go there and they backed out of the deal.

detroit4life
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
roy wants to win sure he would love to go to dallas but in the end roy is one of the biggest competitors i've seen all he wants to do is win do i think we would happily go to washington or philly

PackerLegend
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Do u guys think it was a mistake taking Calvin Johnson last year? The guy has all the talent in the world and will probably be phenomenal but you were pretty full at WR and and still are. Maybe u could have traded back a couple spots last year and got Gaines Adams plus more picks. your thoughts?

KILLERSANTA
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Do u guys think it was a mistake taking Calvin Johnson last year? The guy has all the talent in the world and will probably be phenomenal but you were pretty full at WR and and still are. Maybe u could have traded back a couple spots last year and got Gaines Adams plus more picks. your thoughts?

Have you not been reading this thread? Roy Williams is gone soon, most likely....

Bootland27
01-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Roy Williams is gone soon, most likely....

On the contrary, the chances that he gets dealt are only about 30-40% according to various Lions insiders.

TacticaLion
01-19-2008, 01:16 AM

I do, to be honest...

If Roy wants out, in ANY way, because of CJ... then it was. We could've taken Gaines Adams, Patrick Willis or a CB with that pick and kept our #1 WR. If Roy leaves, we drafted a WR to replace a WR... instead of keeping our WR and adding additional talent.

If he would've wanted out anyway, then the pick is... ok. It'll help our future QBs to have a talent like him on the roster, and I'd rather have either one than neither of them.

I would've rather taken PWillis at the time... and I still feel that way.

WMD
01-19-2008, 05:33 AM
I do, to be honest...

If Roy wants out, in ANY way, because of CJ... then it was. We could've taken Gaines Adams, Patrick Willis or a CB with that pick and kept our #1 WR. If Roy leaves, we drafted a WR to replace a WR... instead of keeping our WR and adding additional talent.

If he would've wanted out anyway, then the pick is... ok. It'll help our future QBs to have a talent like him on the roster, and I'd rather have either one than neither of them.

I would've rather taken PWillis at the time... and I still feel that way.

Roy leaving because of CJ doesn't make sense. I believe Roy & Kitna both lobbied for Calvin to be the pick at #2. Staying at #2, I only wanted Calvin Johnson. If we traded back, I only wanted to trade back for Patrick Willis. I didn't really want Gaines Adams and I didn't think it was financially smart to draft Joe Thomas and pay him Top LT money to play RT for us. Calvin Johnson was the best pick, IMO.

Iamcanadian
01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Roy would obviously get more value but Rogers is nothing to sneeze at. I definitely feel we could get at least a 2nd for him. I don't know if we'd outright cut him. He is too talented to just cut. Yes, he lacks motivation but we can't just let him go free.

Your right, cutting him is only something winning teams would do. They get rid of players who won't put out, we keep them.
I'd guess on the open market he would bring in a 4th rounder. Just because we think he's good doesn't mean the rest of the NFL is anxious to take our problem players. Your dreaming if you think he'd fetch a 2nd rounder with his reputation for being lazy and out of shape.
Roy definitely has value and on a team with a solid QB, he'll be a HOFer, but right now, he'd bring in a 1st rounder and depending on how high that 1st rounder is, we would possibly get another pick as well if we trade him to somebody not drafting in the top 10. I mean who wouldn't take a proven player with real star potential for an unproven draft pick(s) which can easily turnout to be a flop.

Addict
01-19-2008, 07:07 PM
get rid of Roy, bring me Rashard Mendenhall.

no love
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't know if he truly wants out. People say that he does but he keeps saying he wants to stick around and mentor CJ. He knows that CJ has more talent then him but has been quoted as saying that he isn't going to just give him the top WR spot. Granted it may all change when he does take that spot but I guess we will see.

What 26 year old former number 7 pick wants to stick around and mentor the guy who is there to take your job and the contract that you want.

Geo
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I do think the Lions should trade Roy Williams ... but I would wait until next season, being able to do so with the use of the franchise tag designation. There's too many needs right now, and the team needs the offense to score as many points with the defense being the work in progress that it is.

Granted, that means the Lions go four deep in the wide receiving core, including CJ, Furrey, and McDonald. And maybe now is the best chance to trade Williams, with Martz moving to San Francisco and the 49ers having a late 1st round pick.

Kevin Jones ... well, honestly, I suspect Millen doesn't count on KJ anymore and chooses a runningback with the 15th overall pick. That's been my thought for the last few weeks or months, and I think he selects Rashard Mendenhall.

KJ has one year left and can't stay healthy, Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett are both free agents, and Brian Calhoun hasn't shown much of anything as of yet. Add Millen being Millen, of course, and I think he takes the fellow middle America prospect in Mendenhall.

TacticaLion
01-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Kevin Jones ... well, honestly, I suspect Millen doesn't count on KJ anymore and chooses a runningback with the 15th overall pick. That's been my thought for the last few weeks or months, and I think he selects Rashard Mendenhall.

KJ has one year left and can't stay healthy, Tatum Bell and TJ Duckett are both free agents, and Brian Calhoun hasn't shown much of anything as of yet. Add Millen being Millen, of course, and I think he takes the fellow middle America prospect in Mendenhall.
I know I said the Lions wouldn't take a WR last year, but they definitely wont take a RB with their 1st round pick this year. Duckett will come back and they aren't ready to give up on Calhoun. I also think they'll sign a FA RB.

CB is a different story. They hardly have any players at the position and, the ones they have aren't good by any means. Fisher will stay as the nickel back and many wont be resigned. It's a position desperate for talent and is a more likely selection than RB.

Geo
01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I know cornerback is the most glaring need for the Lions going into the Draft, but I think the Lions can/should wait past the first round to pick up good prospects for the defensive scheme. Especially in such a deep draft as this, and the Lions having the 15th overall pick.

Then again Marinelli and Millen took a linebacker with the 9th overall pick in Sims, so anything is possible I suppose.

wingboy2999
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
What 26 year old former number 7 pick wants to stick around and mentor the guy who is there to take your job and the contract that you want.

I only read what he says. And what he has said multiple times.

wingboy2999
01-25-2008, 07:00 PM
If Harvey is there... that is what we need for our scheme.

TacticaLion
01-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I know cornerback is the most glaring need for the Lions going into the Draft, but I think the Lions can/should wait past the first round to pick up good prospects for the defensive scheme. Especially in such a deep draft as this, and the Lions having the 15th overall pick.

Then again Marinelli and Millen took a linebacker with the 9th overall pick in Sims, so anything is possible I suppose.
If Sims is your example, I support their philosophy.

If they don't draft a CB, MLB or DT should be the pick. Someone said it very well on another thread: why not keep Rogers and draft his replacement? When Rogers has to come out (which is quite often), put the rookie in. It'll give them both rest and we'll be able to trade Rogers after the season without leaving a glaring hole on the defense.

wingboy2999
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, but we have other holes. So we might as well try to fill them. At least in the 1st. I assume you are talking about in the first.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
im just wondering
What do you think you will get for....
Roy Williams?
Kevin Jones?
Shaun Rodgers?
tell me what you think there vaule is?

wingboy2999
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Roy - 1st
Rogers - 2nd/3rd
KJ - 3rd-5th

Xiomera
01-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Roy - 1st
Rogers - 2nd/3rd
KJ - 3rd-5th

Roy - 1st
Rogers - 3rd
KJ - 5th

Crickett
01-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Roy - 1st
Rogers - 3rd
KJ - 5th

I'd like to see all three of these guys in New York.

Roy - Gives the Jets a clear #1 WR and a deep threat for Clemens to air it out too.

Rogers - This is a no brainer. Is there anyone who would be better suited to 3-4 NT who isn't already excelling at that position? I look at Shaun Rogers and I see our version of what Ted Washington was to the Patriots, only younger.

Kevin Jones - He's never really done that well and he's very injury prone, but you know what? Every time I see KJ play, I see him fight for every inch like its the inch he needs to win the Superbowl. I want someone like that on the Jets roster no matter what position they play. And I'm someone who doesn't think the Jets really need another running back. On the Jets or the Giants, I just want to see him play every week.

The Legend
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I'd like to see all three of these guys in New York.

Roy - Gives the Jets a clear #1 WR and a deep threat for Clemens to air it out too.

Rogers - This is a no brainer. Is there anyone who would be better suited to 3-4 NT who isn't already excelling at that position? I look at Shaun Rogers and I see our version of what Ted Washington was to the Patriots, only younger.

Kevin Jones - He's never really done that well and he's very injury prone, but you know what? Every time I see KJ play, I see him fight for every inch like its the inch he needs to win the Superbowl. I want someone like that on the Jets roster no matter what position they play. And I'm someone who doesn't think the Jets really need another running back. On the Jets or the Giants, I just want to see him play every week.

this maay sound crazy but i cant see the jets trade more then there 1st round pick for all 3 players thou its 7 place

is about 1700 value, and lion 1,3,5 = 1285 value

Crickett
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
this maay sound crazy but i cant see the jets trade more then there 1st round pick for all 3 players thou its 7 place

is about 1700 value, and lion 1,3,5 = 1285 value

That doesn't sound crazy at all. In fact, if Gholston and Jake Long are off the board, that kinda sounds ideal.

The Legend
01-26-2008, 12:16 AM
That doesn't sound crazy at all. In fact, if Gholston and Jake Long are off the board, that kinda sounds ideal.

question do lions fan agree that the 7th overall is worth three of there players?

also all 3 players when healty are real WEAPONS

Crickett
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
question do lions fan agree that the 7th overall is worth three of there players?

Thats a question I can't answer.

And the Jets draft sixth. :)

wingboy2999
01-26-2008, 12:21 AM
No I would not do that. The value would be there but that creates two holes that we can't address. I'd rather take multiple picks then a top 10 for all of them.

The Legend
01-26-2008, 12:27 AM
No I would not do that. The value would be there but that creates two holes that we can't address. I'd rather take multiple picks then a top 10 for all of them.

there one of your awnser's crick

LonghornsLegend
01-26-2008, 02:42 AM
LOL@Roy, KJ, and Rogers getting traded for one pick...I can only imagine that pick not panning out and Millen getting banished from Detroit...even their front office isnt that stupid

Addict
01-26-2008, 04:19 AM
LOL@Roy, KJ, and Rogers getting traded for one pick...I can only imagine that pick not panning out and Millen getting banished from Detroit...even their front office isnt that stupid

ehm... I don't know how to tell you this but... They are.

WMD
01-26-2008, 05:53 AM

http://www.nflspain.com/fotos/2005/williams_mike.jpg

Xiomera
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.nflspain.com/fotos/2005/williams_mike.jpg

We traded McCown and Mike Williams for A.J. Davis . . . am I crazy for wishing we still had Mike and Josh?

wingboy2999
01-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't even know... neither would help us out. We got the salaries off our payroll so that was probably the big benefit.

Addict
01-26-2008, 03:00 PM
We traded McCown and Mike Williams for A.J. Davis . . . am I crazy for wishing we still had Mike and Josh?

Mike yes... Josh... well he was decent.

D-Unit
01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I think after trading Roy to Dallas, Detroit will select Desean Jackson to play opposite of Calvin Johnson.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I think after trading Roy to Dallas, Detroit will select Desean Jackson to play opposite of Calvin Johnson.

I'd like to sign you to a contract right now and take you around the country with your cutting edge humor. I already have 10 shows booked with 25 more in the works. Just next to the X. I can't wait for the success we are going to have.

X________________

WMD
01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I'd like to sign you to a contract right now and take you around the country with your cutting edge humor. I already have 10 shows booked with 25 more in the works. Just next to the X. I can't wait for the success we are going to have.

X________________

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha lol lol lol lmfao rofl

Addict
01-28-2008, 08:02 PM

X________________

that is amazingly funny.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes it is.

Xiomera
01-28-2008, 09:10 PM
This is a First Rate Thread . . . good work gentlemen.

jbombul
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
lmao!!! (10 char)

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I want D-Unit's reaction damn it.

TacticaLion
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM

X________________

My vote for the best post of 2008.

Hands down.

Period.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Yo, quote me in your sig at least you bastard, haha.

I feel you should start a thread about this in the Off Topic board and show my glory to the masses.

TacticaLion
01-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Yo, quote me in your sig at least you bastard, haha.

I feel you should start a thread about this in the Off Topic board and show my glory to the masses.

I was in the process of quoting you in my sig when you asked me to quote you in your sig.

Outstanding.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
You're my boy [fan of a team whose team colors is Silver and] Blue!

WMD
01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Just get a room and stop feeling each others ovaries in front of everybody please.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 09:50 PM
You don't gotta flex nuts when you know you got them.

But I do it anyway.

TacticaLion
01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Just get a room and stop feeling each others ovaries in front of everybody please.

That's gotta be the sig talking...

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
That's gotta be the sig talking...

A young protege!

WMD
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
A young protege!

That's what your mom said when she caught you playing with your dog's peni's in the treehouse.

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Uh Oh!!! Someone Is Skirting The Filters!!!!

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Wtf I Can't Type In All Caps?

WMD
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Uh Oh!!! Someone Is Skirting The Filters!!!!

I had to.. I was tired of the racism, I don't see why a grown-ass black man can't say that word. By any means necessary!

wingboy2999
01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I - D O N ' T - L I K E - N O T - B E I N G - A B L E - T O - Y E L L - W H E N - I - W A N T.

Crickett
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM

Don't bait him. He has an army of dancing cosplayers at his disposal.

TacticaLion
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I had to.. I was tired of the racism, I don't see why a grown-ass black man can't say that word. By any means necessary!

Racism? Where? Must've missed it.

And, you don't see why a "grown-ass black man can't say that word"? What word... *****? Are you serious? You think you have a right to forgo the forum rules you agreed to... to say the word *****... because you're a "grown-ass black man"? Wow...

That's just ignorant.

(And, yes... I didn't avoid the censors... doing so would've been hypocritical. If you want to know what word it was, scroll up.)

wingboy2999
01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't bait him. He has an army of dancing cosplayers at his disposal.

D-Unit is cool. He knows it is all in fun even if I do bait him.

Racism? Where? Must've missed it.

And, you don't see why a "grown-ass black man can't say that word"? What word... *****? Are you serious? You think you have a right to forgo the forum rules you agreed to... to say the word *****... because you're a "grown-ass black man"? Wow...

That's just ignorant.

(And, yes... I didn't avoid the censors... doing so would've been hypocritical. If you want to know what word it was, scroll up.)

He just said wang... not the other word which I think you may be saying. Moving on.

TacticaLion
01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
He just said wang... not the other word which I think you may be saying. Moving on.
Thought he was being serious... if not, disregard my rant.

Guessing tone over the internet... love it.

wingboy2999
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Thought he was being serious... if not, disregard my rant.

Guessing tone over the internet... love it.

Yeah, he skirted the filters to get his word through, haha. I thought it was obvious.

TacticaLion
01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, he skirted the filters to get his word through, haha. I thought it was obvious.

Yeah, that part was obvious. It was the "grown-ass black man can't say that word" part that I thought he was being serious about. I hate that mentatlity and thought he was being serious.

WMD
01-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that part was obvious. It was the "grown-ass black man can't say that word" part that I thought he was being serious about. I hate that mentatlity and thought he was being serious.

Oh you don't know me too well.. I'm never serious.

TacticaLion
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh you don't know me too well.. I'm never serious.

Ha... got it.

wingboy2999
01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I think it is partly because he called me black earlier online.

WMD
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
I think it is partly because he called me black earlier online.

Haha, no, nothing I say really has any reason to it.

wingboy2999
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Haha, no, nothing I say really has any reason to it.

http://landonhowell.com/wp-content/famousbowl.jpg

WMD
01-29-2008, 06:05 PM
http://landonhowell.com/wp-content/famousbowl.jpg

I don't get it.. are you calling me (homosexual)?

wingboy2999
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't get it.. are you calling me (homosexual)?

http://www.kfc.com/menu/images/sandwiches_snacker.jpg

D-Unit
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Sorry, just found this now. Now the post you made before I posted my cop picture makes sense. LOL.

X__D-Unit_______

There done! Now let's take this show on the road!!!

Little David is in the 5th grade. Yesterday morning when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living, all the typical answers came up: fireman, policeman, salesman, etc.

The teacher noticed that little David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so she asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a g.ay bar and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and do it with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some coloring, and took little David aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said David, red faced. "He plays for the Detroit Lions, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

Xiomera
01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
:rolleyes:

wingboy2999
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
There done! Now let's take this show on the road!!!

Little David is in the 5th grade. Yesterday morning when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living, all the typical answers came up: fireman, policeman, salesman, etc.

The teacher noticed that little David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so she asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a g.ay bar and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and do it with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some coloring, and took little David aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said David, red faced. "He plays for the Detroit Lions, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/TONACASHMONEY.jpg

He just doesn't fail. Allllllllllllllllllllllllll mine.

wingboy2999
01-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Wtf.... he has a gamestop name tag?

D-Unit
01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/TONACASHMONEY.jpg

He just doesn't fail. Allllllllllllllllllllllllll mine.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/magazine/specials/sportsman/2005/12/02/drew.rosenhaus/t1_rosenhaus.jpg
My client wants 50% of all profits!!!

There's much much more to come!

There is a mama lion, a daddy lion & a baby lion. The mama lion & the daddy lion were having a lot of fights so they decided to get a divorce. The lion family goes in front of a judge to decide custody of the baby lion.

The judge asks the baby lion "Do you wanna live with mama lion?" The baby lion answers, "No mama lion beats me."

The judge said, "All right, do you wanna live with daddy lion?"

The baby lion answers, "No daddy lion beats me worse."

The judge asks, "Who do you wanna live with then?"

The baby answers, "The Detroit Lions, they don't beat anybody."

D-Unit
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I take it, you guys didn't think that was too funny. :P

wingboy2999
01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Hahahaha, your insecurity is funnier.

D-Unit
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Hahahaha, your insecurity is funnier.
Just like your mom's insecurity after she asked me if she was good?

wingboy2999
01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Just like your mom's insecurity after she asked me if she was good?

You're losing your edginess there buddy. I could just burn this contract.

D-Unit
01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
You're losing your edginess there buddy. I could just burn this contract.

The Detroit Lions name should be changed to the "Detroit Tampons" as they are only good for one period and have no second string.

wingboy2999
01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
The Detroit Lions name should be changed to the "Detroit Tampons" as they are only good for one period and have no second string.

Well, that is just wildly inaccurate. Football is played in quarters. Not periods like Hockey.

WMD
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, that is just wildly inaccurate. Football is played in quarters. Not periods like Hockey.

I'll play with your mom's periods like hockey.

Scotty D
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Page 8 has so little intelligent discussion about the Lions.

TacticaLion
01-31-2008, 11:53 PM

Word for word.

WMD
02-01-2008, 02:45 AM

If you want, we can ***** at each other on whether we should trade Roy Williams or not... or maybe we can talk about Dan Connor being a good pick at #15?

Addict
02-01-2008, 02:49 AM
If you want, we can ***** at each other on whether we should trade Roy Williams or not... or maybe we can talk about Dan Connor being a good pick at #15?

there's so much talent available at 15 that it's virtually inpossible to mess up, even millen would have a challenge

TacticaLion
02-01-2008, 03:08 AM

At least it would be football related...

... although I found page 8 to be quite funny.

wingboy2999
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
WTF TactiLion? I already got bounced from your sig? You bastard.

TacticaLion
02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
WTF TactiLion? I already got bounced from your sig? You bastard.

I got tired of repeating the same **** over and over... had to make it permanent.

ks_perfection
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Kevin Jones worrying about being franchised, lol.

TacticaLion
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Kevin Jones worrying about being franchised, lol.

Please, go on...

D-Unit
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Rod Marinelli should be replaced by Monica Lewinsky. She will no doubt blow a few, but she certainly won't choke on the big ones.

Scotty D
02-01-2008, 01:12 PM

Not complaining. Just thought it was funny to point out. ha.

TacticaLion
02-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I am the man. I make up the rules.

- TL

wingboy2999
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Admin Edit: I am the man. I make up the rules.

- D-Unit

What'd he say originally?

Addict
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Admin Edit: I am the man. I make up the rules.

- D-Unit

lmao. D-Unit showing off.

TacticaLion
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
What'd he say originally?
I first made fun of D-Unit for calling Rod Marinelli "Rob" Marinelli. Then, I made fun of him for abusing his admin powers to cover the spelling mistake.

It takes a special individual to cover the Lions' forums with jokes but delete a post that points out a mistake that small. When you can't take criticism...