PDA

View Full Version : what top 3 QB is best for the WCO

Ravens1991
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Out of Woodson,Brohm,and Ryan who do you all feel is best suited for the WCO?

SuperKevin
12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Out of Woodson,Brohm,and Ryan who do you all feel is best suited for the WCO?

Brohm by far. His accuracy and strength in the short to mid passing game is perfect for the WCO

RoyHall#1
12-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Brohm is the best fit, and the best QB.

Xonraider
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM

I agree with this post.

CC.SD
12-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Brohm to Ravens=Pretty great fit, if you ask me. Unless they really believe in Troy.

etk
12-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Brohm by far. His accuracy and strength in the short to mid passing game is perfect for the WCO

I agree with this post.

I agree with all 3 of those posts, just to make the message clear :)

dcarey20
12-05-2007, 01:43 PM

The truth.

DiG
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM

The haters will show up eventually but I agree with this 100%.

terribletowel39
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna go Brohm.

soybean
12-05-2007, 05:42 PM
brohm. by the way, mike mayock said matt ryan is a top 5 pick...

and colt brennan he doesn't believe in.

Turtlepower
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Someone who I think can run a WCO really well is Josh Johnson. He is a very accurate passer as well as very mobile. I think he will get a flyer in the third. =D

BamaFalcon59
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Matt Ryan is pretty good in short routes and is mobile for a big guy. Although I'm not a fan.

12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Matt Ryan is pretty good in short routes and is mobile for a big guy. Although I'm not a fan.

sounds perfect for tampas WCO.

Billingsley26
12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I can agree with everything in this thread.

etk
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
sounds perfect for tampas WCO.

You have it all wrong. Ryan holds the ball too long and forces too many throws. I've never seen him throw a ball OoB to preserve a drive. His other weakness is his accuracy, and those are the two most important things in our offense. Ryan is overrated but not a good fit for us regardless.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Out of those three, Brohm, probably. But I think Colt could really do it effectively. I'm no expert though, so there's a good chance I'm wrong.

bored of education
12-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Josh Johnson! damn you TurtlePower. 1st name i thought when i saw WCO was JJ

TACKLE
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM

Matt Ryan says hi.

etk
12-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Out of those three, Brohm, probably. But I think Colt could really do it effectively. I'm no expert though, so there's a good chance I'm wrong.

I actually think he would be great in a WCO. He has the best accuracy and maturity of any QB in this class. I don't know what his deep ball is like but it wouldn't be an issue because deep balls are rarely thrown in a WCO. When they are thrown, the receiver is usually so open that a bad throw can still be a nice gain. He wouldn't have a hard time adjusting from a spread to a WCO because the patterns are similar and the reads are still simple. WC offenses usually isolate one side of the field with a primary, secondary and a checkdown, so Colt should have no problem. He still has a fast release even with his awkward motion so that's a positive as well.

KCJ58
12-05-2007, 09:22 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/_photos/2007-01-14-brohm.jpg

BuddyCHRIST
12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Brohm is the best fit, though I like Brennan in the WCO as well. Woodson is my favorite QB though.

d34ng3l021
12-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Matt Ryan says hi.

Brian Brohm kicks him into a hole.

A Perfect Score
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
well, maybe if we ran a west coast offense, then this would matter for the ravens...but we dont.

As far as the question is concerned, i honestly think colt brennan is the answer. The accuracy on his underneath throws and his familiarity with throwing the ball 30-40 + times a game could allow him to exceed in a true west coast offense, such as seattle. In fact, thats where ive often thought of brennan as the best fit. He could be groomed to take ovver for hasselbeck, and then be dynamite in their system, while having a few years with holmgren, a know QB guru. Sounds like a good fit to me.

Of the big 3 however, brohm is easily the best fit for the west coast offense. His accuracy on underneath and intermediate routes gives him an advantage over the other two QBs, and along with his sure mechanics, Brohm is easily the best fit for the WCO

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I actually think he would be great in a WCO. He has the best accuracy and maturity of any QB in this class. I don't know what his deep ball is like but it wouldn't be an issue because deep balls are rarely thrown in a WCO. When they are thrown, the receiver is usually so open that a bad throw can still be a nice gain. He wouldn't have a hard time adjusting from a spread to a WCO because the patterns are similar and the reads are still simple. WC offenses usually isolate one side of the field with a primary, secondary and a checkdown, so Colt should have no problem. He still has a fast release even with his awkward motion so that's a positive as well.

Yeah, and when you consider too that in a WCO, where he'd make his throws more quickly, his small frame might not take the same beating as it would in other places.

toonsterwu
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I guess I'm mildly surprised. I'd probably go with Matt Ryan. I'm assuming the the question is who is the best for a WCO long term ... rather than who is the best for a WCO within say, the next 2 years. If it's the latter, I'd go with Brohm. If it's the former, I'd go with Ryan. I'm not a huge fan of Ryan (i've said that I think my personal favorite of the current top 3 QB's would still be Woodson), but that said, I think people are overreacting a tad on his "flaws". There's a reason why tools tend to be emphasized, and it's because, unless the guy has some work ethic/character issues, guys can get developed. There's nothing glaring in Ryan's game right now that suggests he can't adjust to the NFL and get molded.

neko4
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Brian brohm of those 3, but Colt Brennan I think is by far the best WCO QB. He's got great accuracy and pocket presence. on another note I think if GB didnt have Rodgers we would draft him (even though we dont have a true WCO) but we have 4 or 5 wr's many times a game and we go shotgun alot.

JT Jag
12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Of the above: Brohm, definately. Ryan and Woodson would both fit best in downfield-oriented offenses.

Overall? Brennan. Transitioning from his Hawaii system that focuses largely on quick slants, posts, and three step drop-and-throws to a west coast O would be natural to him.

SenorGato
12-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Brohm is the best QB period.

Erik Ainge would do pretty well in a WCO.

Bengals1690
12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
brennan has the accuracy and a very quick release. I think he is the best quaterback in the draft.

but out of those three, brohm by far.

Smokey Joe
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I have Brennan going to the Bucs in the second, and I think he right now is the best fit for the WCO, but I think eventually in the future it could be Josh Johnson.