PDA

View Full Version : So, would a QB

bored of education
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
be the answer?

I'm not sold on this tackle class (Baker, Long) Clady and Loadholt might not declare. Loadholt does then yes.

Otah is a future LT i think in a year or two.

I think the 2nd tier guys Nicks, Cherilus and the likes are RT prospects. Chris Williams i think could be an LT first day on the job.

so

Malcolm Jenkins remains #1 on my big board

Hermstheman83
12-04-2007, 09:48 PM
So if we go QB, does that mean we are giving up on Croyle so soon? I like what I see in the guy.

bored of education
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
HE is so fragile. Already a bruised kidney. But i might be overreacting! lol

BPhilb
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
HE is so fragile. Already a bruised kidney. But i might be overreacting! lol

I don't think your overractting, this was a big part of the reason he fell to round 3. Most teams didn't feel he could hold up through a 16 game schedule. I don't want to take a QB early for one reason, none of these guys in the first round strike me as franchise QB's. That and the fact that I don't think any QB could survive with this OLine makes me hesitant to want to put another youngster back there while also not filling one of our gaping holes. At this point I'm hoping that we can get high enough in the draft to get Jake Long because none of the other tackles seem top 6 worthy. If not them I'm guessing we will end up with a guy like Sedrick Ellis who would be a beast in our defense.

bored of education
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I think Flacco or ainge in the 2nd or 3rd round can be starters in the NFL right away

and building a beastly defense a la Raven wont be bad at least the defense will set us up for 8-8 type seasons

Ho0k Em'
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I think Flacco or ainge in the 2nd or 3rd round can be starters in the NFL right away

and building a beastly defense a la Raven wont be bad at least the defense will set us up for 8-8 type seasons

I think it would be good to get a QB in the 3rd to give Croyle some competition. I think we could get a guy like Ainge, Flacco, or Johnson in the 3rd. I'm with you on Malcolm Jenkins I think he's going to be an elite corner. Hopefully an OT will drop to our second pick. If Clady and Loadholt declare than we probably have 6 potential OT's with 1st round grades. It's possible one of them will drop to us, and that's what I'm hoping for.

TACKLE
12-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Do they really want another developmental QB. Neither Croyle or Huard are getting the job done. Personally, I think the Chiefs should consider taking a guy like Matt Ryan in the 1st round.

ChiefJunkie
12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure about drafting a QB in the first, but if we did, then we would have to get Brohm, but we need a line to protect the QB.

etk
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
How can you not be sold on this tackle class? Let me refresh your memory...

-Jake Long
-Phil Loadholt
-Sam Baker
-Ryan Clady
-Jeff Otah
-Michael Oher
-Gosder Cherilus
-Chris Williams
-Barry Richardson
-Tony Hills

What's in common with all of those guys? They've all been considered possible first rounders at one point or another.

Then you have the 2nd tier guys and sleepers...

-Heath Benedict
-King Dunlap
-Jeremy Zuttah
-Kirk Barton
etc.

Pretty sick OT class if you ask me, even if none of the underclassmen declare.

bored of education
12-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah I know, OT is the greatest NEED. But many of them will be available 2nd round. So, I was thinking maybe grabbing a Qb. I'm not sold on KC's QBs.

Im not sold on having to spend a 1st(esp if its a top 7 pick) on a tackle. I think other needs can be addresses for example CB or QB, maybe Sedrick Eliis

12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
KCs draft can start anywhere really but i would go with an elite tackle first and begin restoring what was once one of the best offensive lines in the league. This would not only improve their poor passing game but do huge wonders for the lost running game there. Taking a QB like Ainge or Flacco in the 3rd round would be wiser. Im not sure any of the projected first round QBs alone would have as much of an impact as an elite tackle would in turning around this team.

bored of education
12-14-2007, 11:41 PM
True thanks, goood call.

etk
12-15-2007, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't draft an OT in the top 10 this year. Now I see what you mean.

adschofield
12-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I like what I see from Brodie...let's give him another year, but I'm with you, BoE, if Malcolm Jenkins falls to us, we should take him

bored of education
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Jenkins and maybe Nicks, or Williams in the 2nd

villagewarrior
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
One possible scenario we should all be looking at is if the Chiefs take a tackle in the 1st round, we still have more picks to take another tackle. It's possible to draft two bookend tackles in one draft, which would allow us to move McIntosh to right guard where I think he would be extremely effective. I'm thinking something like Otah in the first, and then come back to the position in the 3rd, with a guy like Nicks or Richardson in the third, then our line looks something like this:

LT: Otah
LG: Waters
C: Niswanger
RG: McIntosh
RT: Nicks/Richardson

Now it might be preferable to leave Mc at tackle for a year and let one of the young cats get some experience at guard, but I'd just as soon throw them into the fire and let them start getting some experience.

BPhilb
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
One possible scenario we should all be looking at is if the Chiefs take a tackle in the 1st round, we still have more picks to take another tackle. It's possible to draft two bookend tackles in one draft, which would allow us to move McIntosh to right guard where I think he would be extremely effective. I'm thinking something like Otah in the first, and then come back to the position in the 3rd, with a guy like Nicks or Richardson in the third, then our line looks something like this:

LT: Otah
LG: Waters
C: Niswanger
RG: McIntosh
RT: Nicks/Richardson

Now it might be preferable to leave Mc at tackle for a year and let one of the young cats get some experience at guard, but I'd just as soon throw them into the fire and let them start getting some experience.

I agree with this. I think we will need to probably take two guys early and start the process here. McIntosh would probably start at tackle with a rookie starting inside, but we would at least have our foundation and do so in a pretty good OLine draft. My only fear now is that I hate to "reach" for a top 8 pick but it appears that we may draft to low to get Long and not high enough to get proper value for the 2nd best tackle. I doubt we will be able to move down in the draft so the decision will be interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to paying the price to get Long to get the safest selection in the draft and losing a few picks later on even given all of our needs.

bored of education
12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I agree with this. I think we will need to probably take two guys early and start the process here. McIntosh would probably start at tackle with a rookie starting inside, but we would at least have our foundation and do so in a pretty good OLine draft. My only fear now is that I hate to "reach" for a top 8 pick but it appears that we may draft to low to get Long and not high enough to get proper value for the 2nd best tackle. I doubt we will be able to move down in the draft so the decision will be interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to paying the price to get Long to get the safest selection in the draft and losing a few picks later on even given all of our needs.

Precisely. I don't see Long as a LT, but maybe start him at RT then see how it goes. I like Chris Williams from Vandy as a LT. Maybe Jenkins or Sedrick Ellis

adschofield
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I say draft Dennis Dixon in the 3rd...by far the best value...Everyone else in this class blows!!!

bored of education
12-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Sooo where do we go LOL

get rid of CP 1st?

1. Long
2. Duke Robinson
3. Simeon Castille/Lowery/tribble!!!