PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Poll and how they voted

someone447
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
This is interesting. Hal Mumme(NMSU) has Hawaii ranked number 1.

SuperKevin
12-05-2007, 09:41 PM
If someone doesn't fix the typo in the title of this thread I'm going to go insane

P-L
12-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Here is what I posted in the other thread:

I'm looking at the way some of the coaches voted, and I found some interesting things.

- Frank Beamer voted Ohio State #4, Virginia Tech #2.
- Art Briles voted Ohio State #4, Oklahoma #2.
- Bill Callahan voted LSU #4, Oklahoma #2, USC #3.
- Mario Cristobal (FIU) voted Ohio State #6.
- Randy Edsall (UConn) voted LSU #5.
- Mike Leach voted Kansas #3, LSU #5.
- Steve Spurrier voted Oklahoma #1, Ohio State #5.
- Every coach had either LSU or Ohio State in the top 2.

Turtlepower
12-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Coaches should not have a vote. It is stupid because their voting is too skewed. Either they will try to vote themselves higher or they will vote for the teams they have seen more (in their own conference). The Coaches poll should be done away with.

diabsoule
12-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't know why the coaches poll is given any kind of consideration. How are coaches able to keep track of what seemingly every team does each week?

BuddyCHRIST
12-06-2007, 08:22 AM
I saw an article on this and the coaches poll shouldn't even exist its so horrible, and my team's very own coach is an example of that. Bobby Bowden had Oklahoma ranked 10th, behind Missouri after they had just beaten them in the Big 12 championship game.

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/4429-College_Football-Missouri_Tigers_Football-Oklahoma_Sooners_Football-Oklahoma_s_BCS_Outrage_Strip_Bowdens_Bellotti_of_T heir_Ballots

Jughead10
12-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Forget about the coaches. How the hell did 4 of the 6 computers have Virginia Tech ahead of LSU. That is just absolutely ridiculous.

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Forget about the coaches. How the hell did 4 of the 6 computers have Virginia Tech ahead of LSU. That is just absolutely ridiculous.

Because LSU had a more recent loss then VTech. VTechs last loss was on October 25th.

Jughead10
12-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Because LSU had a more recent loss then VTech. VTechs last loss was on October 25th.

I guess the computers don't take the 44-0 loss when they played each other into account.

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I guess the computers don't take the 44-0 loss when they played each other into account.

Well the computers seen that LSU lost at home to an unranked Arkansas team on November 23rd. VTech and LSU played on September 8th, and the VTech team that is playing now is totally different from the team that played then.

Jughead10
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Well the computers seen that LSU lost at home to an unranked Arkansas team on November 23rd. VTech and LSU played on September 8th, and the VTech team that is playing now is totally different from the team that played then.

I don't believe they are that different at all. They just haven't played anyone like LSU. They still need a huge play on defense or special teams to beat the very average teams of the ACC. LSU is much much better than they are.

RyanLeaf#1
12-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't believe they are that different at all. They just haven't played anyone like LSU. They still need a huge play on defense or special teams to beat the very average teams of the ACC. LSU is much much better than they are.

I totally disagree. If LSU and VTech played on a neutral field next week. I would be all over VTech. Glennon is playing his best football of his career right now. Flynn is hurt, and Ryan P would have a tough time with the VTech defense. Dorsey and Doucett have not been healthy in God knows how long. LSU also has had running back issues with Holliday getting carries whenever Lester needs a blow.