View Full Version : Week 14: Cowboys @ Lions

Xiomera
12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Prediction:

Cowboys 42
Lions 12

Romo: 4 TD passes
Hanson 4 Field Goals

Let the discussion begin . . . http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Prowler
12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
cowboys 31
lions 39

repeat of last year's game.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
ware and greg ellis healthy, yikes
garett at o-coordinator with romo playing 10X better than last year

Boys 49 Lions 17

JPLUFF
12-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Earlier today...Cowboys 31 Lions 21

After I read this http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7534448... Cowboys 38 Lions 10

P-L
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
LOL, Newman is such a classless punk. Why does everyone think violence is the answer? First people want to take out Tom Brady's knee because Bill Belichick is scoring too many points, now Terrence Newman wants to put an illegal hit on Jon Kitna because Kitna said (about a year ago) that he thought Marcus Trufant was a better corner. Jesus, what has gotten into people? Maybe Newman should concentrate on not giving up a TD to a crappy receiver like Mike Williams instead of trying to violently hit Jon Kitna. I just wonder what goes through someone's mind that they think possibly injuring another player is adequate revenge for being "disrespected." How about you shut up Newman, and worry about playing better than you did last year against the Lions.

Now, with all that said, Cowboys are taking this one. 45-13.

Brodeur
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
If Newman tries anything then Raiola will probably rip his head off. Oh yeah and the Lions will lose.

thule
12-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Newman is about as soft-spoken as they come...pretty surprised...definately crossed the line.

Moses
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
LOL, Newman is such a classless punk. Why does everyone think violence is the answer? First people want to take out Tom Brady's knee because Bill Belichick is scoring too many points, now Terrence Newman wants to put an illegal hit on Jon Kitna because Kitna said (about a year ago) that he thought Marcus Trufant was a better corner. Jesus, what has gotten into people? Maybe Newman should concentrate on not giving up a TD to a crappy receiver like Mike Williams instead of trying to violently hit Jon Kitna. I just wonder what goes through someone's mind that they think possibly injuring another player is adequate revenge for being "disrespected." How about you shut up Newman, and worry about playing better than you did last year against the Lions.

Newman...

http://trik.sopca.com/files/newman.jpg

LonghornsLegend
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM

LOL@you telling Newman to shut up, when Kitna was the one who put the entire defense on blast by names...yes it was a year ago, but Kitna still looked like an idiot doing it, and he is going to regret he said anything in the first place...

Anything dallas players said has been in response to what he said, had he not opened his mouth to begin with it wouldnt of been any issue

Jagonsucker
12-06-2007, 07:56 PM
cowboys- 64
lions- 3

Brodeur
12-06-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL@you telling Newman to shut up, when Kitna was the one who put the entire defense on blast by names...yes it was a year ago, but Kitna still looked like an idiot doing it, and he is going to regret he said anything in the first place...

Anything dallas players said has been in response to what he said, had he not opened his mouth to begin with it wouldnt of been any issue

Uhhh All Kitna said was that Trufant was better than Newman, after Newman allowed a TD to the fatass bust.

duckseason
12-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Not sure what your definition of punk is, but I certainly wouldn't use that word to describe Newman. The NFL is a violent game. If a QB wants to call a defense out, they can expect to feel a bit more force behind those inevitable hits on Sunday. Nothing wrong with that at all. Sometimes people need to be reminded who they are and who they're speaking of when they choose to open their mouth.

Regardless of what the NFL thinks, Newman's comments were no more significant than Kitna's. Kitna expressed his thoughts on the Cowboy's ability to defend themselves, and Newman did the same about Kitna. Kitna feels as though Newman is weak, and Newman feels as though Kitna is weaker. If Newman's a classless punk, what's that make Kitna? A delusional punk with no class?

This is your classic case of "whoever did it last is the one that gets in trouble." You know, your brother punches you in the stomach and knocks the wind out of you, so you rightly punch him in the face and make his nose bleed just as your mom walks in.

The NFL is right to issue the warning, but that doesn't make Newman a bad guy. Those who've heard him speak in interviews know that he's an intelligent, likable guy. I wish he hadn't said anything and rather let his play do the talking, but his comments don't strike me as out of place at all. Just an unflinching response to a ridiculous statement.

D-Unit
12-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Is Avieon Cason returning kicks???

JPLUFF
12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Is Avieon Cason returning kicks???

unfortunately...

P-L
12-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Terrence Newman just gave up a 20 yard completion to Shaun McDonald, LOL.

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Detroit is getting ****** by the refs today.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Detroit is getting ****** by the refs today.
Word for word. I'm getting tired of this... feels like one of those games where we'll play our ass off but the calls will keep us out of it.

******** Calls (so far...):
1. The Fumble/No Fumble by Barber

Are you kidding me? He obviously fumbled... so, if the ref thought that Dallas had possession, why'd he let the pile clear before making a decision (we had the ball at the bottom anyway). ********. That's a big play.

2. The No-PI Call On Roy "I Can't Cover For ****" Williams

Wow. ********. Roy's right arm was all over Owens... contact was definitely made before the ball got there (and Owens couldn't catch it because of it). That's in the freaking end zone. Ball on the 1. Right? Nope. ********.

I'll add more as the game goes on.

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 01:25 PM
MB3 spikes the ball in the face of his opponant . . . any other team in the league would have a personal foul called on them for that.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
MB3 spikes the ball in the face of his opponant . . . any other team in the league would have a personal foul called on them for that.I was just coming on here to type about that. How the **** did they miss it? Is that a penalty in the NFL or not?

That's #3.

Scotty D
12-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Anyone notice IAF is getting some snaps.

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 01:32 PM
As Joe Buck put it: "A blatent pass intereference not called" on that CJ pass right toward the end.

That's #4

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone notice IAF is getting some snaps.Yep. Marinelli came out and spoke about it before the game.As Joe Buck put it: "A blatent pass intereference not called" on that CJ pass right toward the end.

That's #4Yep. #4. Detroit gets the ball back and is obviously looking to make a move before halftime and, *boom*, another blatant, missed pass interference call. Are you kidding me? This is pathetic. Does the NFL really want the Pats and Cowboys to win THIS bad?

Bootland27
12-09-2007, 01:41 PM
God damn refs screwing us over.....I think the endzone pass-interference could've gone either way and IMO should've been called, but it doesn't bother me all that much. The one where the guy was draped over CJs back was an obvious one that they missed. Although I'm not sure if it would've made any difference if they would've called it since there were only 5 secs or so left from around midfield.

But really, I hope it doesn't have an impact on the final score.

fryman
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
:D I am just happy the Cowboys get some calls their way these last couple games. Cowboys were on the bad side of the officiating until last week. Throughout the season it all evens out. I am sure the Lions have got their fair share of calls this year, whether you would admit it or not. In a perfect world things wouldn't have to be equaled out, but unfortunately that will never happen.

Also lol at calling Newman a "classless punk." Anybody that knows the kind of guy he is can tell he was obviously joking. He loves to joke with media and also he is too modest of a guy to let those kind of comments get to him. He won't even admit he is the best corner on the Cowboys, he always says Henry is. Anybody here even hear the comments, or just read them and make an uninformed judgment?

Brodeur
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
**** you Paris Lenon and **** you Jason Hanson.

ironman4579
12-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I;'m trying to figure out what was up with the clock management on our last drive. According to NFL.com play by play.

first play started at 5:47
second-5:04
third-4:23
So pretty good so far. Using as much time as you can. But stupid overall with guys running out of bounds instead of staying in and chewing up clock. But then we go
third-4:18
fourth-4:13
fifth-4:08
sixth-4:02

So it took 6 plays to run 1 minute off the clock. That is just brutal.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Hanson's miss hurt, but Lenon's inability to fall on the lose ball ended the game for us. It's OK, though... the 'Boys have run through almost every team in the NFL, yet we had them on the ropes almost the entire game (and without an effective Shaun Rogers).

Not a big deal... I'm not sweating it. Lets take our pick(s), trade some players we don't need and continue to build the team.

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
We had no business even being in this game. Losing in the final 20 seconds after leading the entire game hurts way worse than if we had lost by 30 again.

That said, it only helps our draft position. Top ten, here we come!

Paul
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Has Shaun Rogers looked like this all season? He looked horribly tired throughout.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
We had no business even being in this game. Losing in the final 20 seconds after leading the entire game hurts way worse than if we had lost by 30 again.

That said, it only helps our draft position. Top ten, here we come!

THATSWHATI'MSAYING, XIO! Even if we win out and, somehow, make the playoffs... and beat the Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Giants and/or Vikings to reach the Super Bowl... we're just gonna lose to the Pats. Why not grab a top pick and KNOW that we could've won, but build the team and come out swinging next year!

That's my "Plan B", ladies and gentlemen. Follow me to freedom!

LonghornsLegend
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to give you guys props today, there were some horrible calls no denying that, thank god we have Romo...

And I wish I knew why Martz would EVER run KJ 2 or 3 times a game, everytime he gets carries he produces and makes the entire offense work better, he's such a stud...Calvin looks like a sure-fire #1 wr, roy or no roy you guys are set at wr...id look to trade roy for value if he wants to leave seeing how well the offense still works without him

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
THATSWHATI'MSAYING, XIO! Even if we win out and, somehow, make the playoffs... and beat the Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Giants and/or Vikings to reach the Super Bowl... we're just gonna lose to the Pats. Why not grab a top pick and KNOW that we could've won, but build the team and come out swinging next year!

That's my "Plan B", ladies and gentlemen. Follow me to freedom!

The Lions have overacheived this year. They have at the same time underacheived considering they lost to beatable opponants and beat some of the difficult ones, but this team is not good enough to be in a true playoff hunt.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
The Lions have overacheived this year. They have at the same time underacheived considering they lost to beatable opponants and beat some of the difficult ones, but this team is not good enough to be in a true playoff hunt.

Yep. And, as LonghornsLegend said, our offense is solid without Ol' Roy. Lets trade him and Rogers, continue to build in the draft and see where it gets us next year (or the next year.... or, the year after that).

I kinda want to get rid of Martz now (more than ever). When KJones runs, we stay in games (or win). When Martz wants to feel special, he gets Kitna sacked 8 times and we lose by 20+ points. Can we trade Martz too?

Scotty D
12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Is it sad I knew what was going to happen with 5 minutes left?

Xiomera
12-09-2007, 10:41 PM

I knew what would happen as soon as they cut it to 6 pts.

Actually, it was probably sooner than that, sadly.

WMD
12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Eh, I woke up and saw that the score was 20-7 Lions.. and knew the Lions would find a way to lose. Real good game though.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM

It was that feeling... knowing that it wouldn't last. I was playing Madden and basically ignoring the game (on a different TV), while the wife (not a big Lions fan) was freaking out. She's just not used to it yet.

Football Fan
12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
At least you guys didnt help the packers any. Damn it@!%#$&* freaking lions can screw up a wet dream.

D-Unit
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, well, well, my heavy hearted Detriot commrades.... Sucks to be you..

But at least you can say you have Miguel Cabrera. :)

TacticaLion
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Well, well, well, my heavy hearted Detriot commrades.... Sucks to be you..

But at least you can say you have Miguel Cabrera. :)

And a better draft pick than 20+ other teams in the NFL.

Come draft day, that'll make me feel better.

Notredameleo
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I cant wait until draft day. Im in favor of trading Shaun Rogers. He is just lazy and doesn't try. ALso, we should be like the Marlins and trade Roy. We know he want to leave, we might as well get some compensation. Also, 5-0 and Greg Blue looked like monsters out there.

Xiomera
12-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I cant wait until draft day. Im in favor of trading Shaun Rogers. He is just lazy and doesn't try. ALso, we should be like the Marlins and trade Roy. We know he want to leave, we might as well get some compensation. Also, 5-0 and Greg Blue looked like monsters out there.

Ernie Sims is a monster. Undoubtedly the best draft pick Millen ever made.

WMD
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Ernie Sims is a monster. Undoubtedly the best draft pick Millen ever made.

I think the 5-0 was referring to Ikaika. I'll have to re-watch parts of the game that I missed because I didn't notice him out there.

Of course, Ernie Sims is a monster.. and probably is the best pick Millen has made.. until CJ develops into the monster he's supposed to..

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 11:26 AM

I'm with you 100%. I'm even excited for Free Agency...

5-0 has a lot of potential and Blue looked great... but for only one game. I wanna see him start against the Chargers.

I love Sims. And, I have no clue why... but 5-0 is one of my favorite players.

(Oh, and how about some love for Gerald Alexander? He just keeps playing at a high level. INTs, sacks, tackles... and he's a rookie. Love this kid.)

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I think the 5-0 was referring to Ikaika. I'll have to re-watch parts of the game that I missed because I didn't notice him out there.

Of course, Ernie Sims is a monster.. and probably is the best pick Millen has made.. until CJ develops into the monster he's supposed to..

Yeah, I always call him IAF . . . too many nicknames.