PDA

View Full Version : Remember the name: Jackie Bates

The One
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Transferred from Oregon to Hampton last season. A shut down corner in every sense of the word. 5'9, 185 lbs and runs A CONSISTENT low 4.3. He had 2 picks this year.. shoulda had like 28... and didn't get scored on ONCE.

moc182
12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Keak?????????

The One
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Um......what?

bored of education
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I'll remember his ...what is his name?

duckseason
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
No doubt Bates is a solid corner with speed to burn, but I wonder how NFL teams will react to any perceived "character" issues. I'm rooting for him though. If it weren't for Thurmond III and Byrd, we'd really miss him here at Oregon.

nobodyinparticular
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll give you 3 guesses to where Jackie Bates went to high school.

If you guessed the Southwest Beaverton Lake Forest Otters you would be wrong.

If you guessed the same school as D'Montae Fitzgerald you would be absolutely correct. That's right, he was a football player at De La Salle High School in Concord CA.

duckseason
12-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I'll give you 3 guesses to where Jackie Bates went to high school.

If you guessed the Southwest Beaverton Lake Forest Otters you would be wrong.

If you guessed the same school as D'Montae Fitzgerald you would be absolutely correct. That's right, he was a football player at De La Salle High School in Concord CA.

Yep, he was part of that highly touted group of players that all came to Oregon from De La Salle at the same time. We were "De La Salle U" for about a minute and a half. Needless to say, that didn't quite work out the way we had hoped.

duckseason
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Dug up an old story for those who don't know what the hell I'm talking about-

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=23466

nobodyinparticular
12-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Yep, he was part of that highly touted group of players that all came to Oregon from De La Salle at the same time. We were "De La Salle U" for about a minute and a half. Needless to say, that didn't quite work out the way we had hoped.

In remembering the Sean Taylor story, let's not forget about the Terrance Kelly story of not too long ago either...

Dome Patrol
12-09-2007, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=duckseason;768848]No doubt Bates is a solid corner with speed to burn, but I wonder how NFL teams will react to any perceived "character" issues. QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Neighbors of mine who know him personally said hes got talent but that if anything was going to hold him back.. it was his attitude.