PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Is anyone as disappointed as I am in Shaun Rogers. It seems to me like this guy just doesn't care. In the 4 game losing streak he has disappeared and it has crippled our D-line/entire defense. The injury to White didn't help either and I don't think he has recovered strength wise. Rogers misses crucial series all the time because he is so out of shape and half the time he is playing, he isn't playing hard IMO.

I know we need a big tackle like Shaun to eat up double teams and he had a strong first half of the season but I'm starting to think, we could get more by trading him given our whole at MLB,SAM and corner.

Xiomera
12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Trade Rogers to Dallas for their first round pick.

WMD
12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Shaun Rogers doesn't care half the time.. Roy Williams wants to play closer to home.. Cory Redding isn't worth his contract at all.. Let's never draft a Texas player again.

Jagonsucker
12-06-2007, 11:46 PM
id say we need to get rid of Rogers, Redding, Boss Bailey, Jeff Backus, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, friggen Foster and get some quality players for em and we should be good to go.

D-Unit
12-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Rogers, Williams, Redding... we'll take 'em all.

P-L
12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
How about we scrap the entire team and just keep Ernie Sims?

Scotty D
12-07-2007, 10:16 AM

Can we keep Dan O?

Bootland27
12-07-2007, 10:30 AM
How about we get the lions to move somewhere else (LA, OKC, etc) and get an expansion team

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-07-2007, 12:56 PM
id say we need to get rid of Rogers, Redding, Boss Bailey, Jeff Backus, Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, friggen Foster and get some quality players for em and we should be good to go.

I don't think we need to be this drastic. Roy Williams doesn't want out definitely next year. Kowalski is clearly making things up. Just because Roy talks about Texas doesn't mean he will be playing there. Roy is signed for next year and I thought 09 but I guess he may have a clause to terminate after 5 years. Either way, we need to find a way to keep Roy Williams. Winning next year although seemingly impossible after this 4 game losing streak will cure all problems with disgruntled players. We never had this problem before with 1st round picks because Harrington and Rogers we wanted gone.

Backus is a decent left tackle. Just not in Martzs scheme. Look at Martzs sack numbers WITH Orlando Pace. 2002(46), 2003(43), 2004(50),2005(46), hardly impressive. With these long timing routes, the QB is going to get killed especially if you pass the majority of the time and the defense can rush the passer and not worry about a run game.

Kevin Jones can be a good back. It seems to me his foot still bothers him after each game. Which may explain slightly why we don't run the ball. Some days are good some days are bad. It can only get better after another offseason of rest. Kevin Jones could use a compliment because he can't do it by himself though. Duckett and Bell clearly are not compliments, which is a shame but another Millen cursed signing/trade.

Boss Bailey will be gone. He can't shed blocks and he is usually out of position. He is athletic but it doesn't translate on Sundays. I would love Karlos Dansby to be signed but that is wishful thinking.

And as for Redding. Very disappointing but he plays hard(does have 8 tackles for loss and does get pressure just can't finish off the QB). And salary cap won't allow Redding to go anywhere.

Xiomera
12-07-2007, 01:08 PM
How about we get the lions to move somewhere else (LA, OKC, etc) and get an expansion team

YES! We might be able to assemble a more competant roster that way.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-07-2007, 01:12 PM

Not if Millen is driving the moving truck. Don't forget to put Fernando Bryant in a box labeled "fragile" . Pronounced frah geel lay by Millen.

Bootland27
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM

I'd welcome a team thats not owned by Mr. Ford with open arms

WMD
12-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Not if Millen is driving the moving truck. Don't forget to put Fernando Bryant in a box labeled "fragile" . Pronounced frah geel lay by Millen.

Fernando Bryant isn't Italian.

WMD
12-07-2007, 10:27 PM

and Calvin Johnson!!

Bootland27
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
and Calvin Johnson!!

don't forget Jason Hanson :)

Xiomera
12-08-2007, 07:46 AM
don't forget Jason Hanson :)

I'm okay with keeping Nick Harris too . . . he's above league average, and that's not something that can be said for many other guys . . .

WMD
12-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm okay with keeping Nick Harris too . . . he's above league average, and that's not something that can be said for many other guys . . .

Jeff Backus is above league average for crappiness.

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
This was a big day for me as a Lions fan. Why, you may ask? We had a solid showing and Shaun Rogers spent most of the game on the sidelines.

Trade him.

We don't NEED him... we just think we need him. Sure, he's dominant, but I'd rather improve our secondary/LBers/OLine than keep one player that can't last a full game (let alone a full season).

We should also trade Roy Williams before it becomes a contract situation. Why not trade him to Dallas for their 2nd Round Pick/Bobby Carpenter? McDonald is growing (not literally, although I wish), Furrey is solid and CJ will only improve. Do we really need a Roy?

(Doing the above makes a Madden offseason fun...)

thule
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Dallas would do that trade instantly...but like you said...only in madden do we get deals like that.

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 09:14 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/rogers_testing_marinellis_cred.html

Kowalski says its 50/50 that Rogers gets dealt.

Bootland27
12-11-2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2007/12/rogers_testing_marinellis_cred.html

Kowalski says its 50/50 that Rogers gets dealt.

Great, Here we go again.......Either Millen will draft another AJ Davis/Johnny Baldwin or get someone who will be deactivated by midseason.

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I think he needs to be traded. How many seasons pass with a similar result? Get rid of him and move on (with compensation).

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
If Cory Redding was half the player he was last year, I would be 100% in favor of dealing Rogers. That said, the fear of another Dre Bly scenario looms ominously . . .

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 11:41 AM
If Cory Redding was half the player he was last year, I would be 100% in favor of dealing Rogers. That said, the fear of another Dre Bly scenario looms ominously . . .

I think Redding has played at a very high level this year. Sure, he doesn't have the 8 sacks... but hes blown up the line and seems to get into the backfield on a regular basis. He rarely takes time off and is quick as hell (he was even in the backfield and almost stopped MBIII on his 4th-and-goal TD run... but was off-balance). The numbers don't tell the story... Redding has been a beast.

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I think Redding has played at a very high level this year. Sure, he doesn't have the 8 sacks... but hes blown up the line and seems to get into the backfield on a regular basis. He rarely takes time off and is quick as hell (he was even in the backfield and almost stopped MBIII on his 4th-and-goal TD run... but was off-balance). The numbers don't tell the story... Redding has been a beast.

Tampa 2 needs sacks and pressure to work. Redding might be stuffing the run, but we signed him to get sacks like last year too.

Addict
12-11-2007, 11:56 AM
they all suck, let's trade our entire D -Sims for draft picks and start 10 rookie starters and 11 rookie backups, that should at least improve our D.

stephenson86
12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
i will take him, rogers and haynesworth

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
i will take him, rogers and haynesworth

What would you offer up in return? We don't want Mike Williams back . . .

Addict
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
What would you offer up in return? We don't want Mike Williams back . . .

BMW's size could allow him to play DE by now...

LonghornsLegend
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Dallas would do that trade instantly...but like you said...only in madden do we get deals like that.

LOL thats exactly what I was about to say...it COULD work, but it is more of a madden franchise off season then anything, but Jerry wants to spend money somewhere on a playmaker, does Carpenter fit the Lions scheme?? Because ive been trying to find a suitor for him where he fits and can see the field to get a chance to play...

Roy or Rogers, we would give up a 1st in a second for and throw in Carpenter, but we wouldnt be able to have both, and franky just one is a wish list

I do know we desperately need a DT, and are in the market for an offensive playmaker, so one of those deals makes ALOT of sense for us to do and we would part with a 1st with no problem, but someone on either side of the organizations would have to get the idea tossed around

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
LOL thats exactly what I was about to say...it COULD work, but it is more of a madden franchise off season then anything, but Jerry wants to spend money somewhere on a playmaker, does Carpenter fit the Lions scheme?? Because ive been trying to find a suitor for him where he fits and can see the field to get a chance to play...

Roy or Rogers, we would give up a 1st in a second for and throw in Carpenter, but we wouldnt be able to have both, and franky just one is a wish list

I do know we desperately need a DT, and are in the market for an offensive playmaker, so one of those deals makes ALOT of sense for us to do and we would part with a 1st with no problem, but someone on either side of the organizations would have to get the idea tossed around

I'd try Carp at MLB for us... it can't be any worse than Lenon, right?

nvot9
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
What about him and a 3rd for Vilma?

Xiomera
12-16-2007, 05:48 PM
What about him and a 3rd for Vilma?

No thanks . . . straight up would be fair.