PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush Book---Tarnished Heisman

kwilk103
12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
i figured this was the right place to put this

new book will have transcprits of recordings and conversations about improper benefits bush received while at usc

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bushbook120607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

which begs two questions:

1. possible infractions coming to usc and/or bush giving back the heisman

2. why is yahoo sports all over this story, but not espn

my opinons

1. i could see usc at the most having to forfeit the season, like ou did last year (or was it 2 years ago, dont remember); doubt it though, since its usc and they bring a lot of money to the ncaa

2. idk about this one; maybe cuz espn hyped up bush/usc that year and dont want to look bad

LonghornsLegend
12-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Thats my question, yahoo was the first to come out with the report, and have been on it ever since...Ive seen it on espn maybe once but it sure isnt getting the same pub as yahoo is giving it...

Thats a little wierd about the whole situation

PoopSandwich
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I think all of this talk is stupid... The man tore up the college football world and they want to take the Heisman away because he might have received some money? That's stupid.

12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
all this talk is irrelevant and just haters trying to put a blemish on his incredible legacy at SC.

Bigbadbob72
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
all this talk is irrelevant and just haters trying to put a blemish on his incredible legacy at SC.

sounds like me. I hate usc and I hated Reggie when he was there. It would be so funny if they lost that season because of something stupid like this.

yourfavestoner
12-07-2007, 06:01 PM
sounds like me. I hate usc and I hated Reggie when he was there. It would be so funny if they lost that season because of something stupid like this.

I feel the exact same way. The only reason I can tolerate Reggie is because he's from San Diego.

T.Smith
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Honestly it makes me sick. Sick that he gets away with it and people don't give a ****. Reggie can get away with it no questions asked and make millions of dollars no questions asked, yet the Maurice Claretts and Rhett Bomars of the world have there lives ruined.

Also espn doesn't report on this stuff that much because Reggie was espn's poster boy, they hyped him up all they could.

someone447
12-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Honestly it makes me sick. Sick that he gets away with it and people don't give a ****. Reggie can get away with it no questions asked and make millions of dollars no questions asked, yet the Maurice Claretts and Rhett Bomars of the world have there lives ruined.

Also espn doesn't report on this stuff that much because Reggie was espn's poster boy, they hyped him up all they could.

Every starter at major colleges accept money. This is not something that is specific to Bush or USC. The difference between Bomar and Bush? Bomar was still playing when he got caught. Can you really fault a kid for taking money? Think if you are a 20 year old, and someone leaves 500 bucks in your locker. Are you going to just give it back? Hell no. If someone offers you a car, are you really gonna turn it down? Get real.

weezer1195
12-09-2007, 01:35 AM
yea okay. I dont know what teams you follow but where I go to school- an ACC school- there is no 500 bucks being left in the locker. Maybe at the no class programs around the country but the reality is the vast majority of these guys are student-athletes doing everything right. Dont tarnish their names saying everyone is dirty to defend a player you like. Because you are wrong.

If there is sufficient evidence he broke the rules then he should be punished accordingly. However, i have no doubt the ncaa will manage to screw this up somehow.

someone447
12-09-2007, 02:25 AM
yea okay. I dont know what teams you follow but where I go to school- an ACC school- there is no 500 bucks being left in the locker. Maybe at the no class programs around the country but the reality is the vast majority of these guys are student-athletes doing everything right. Dont tarnish their names saying everyone is dirty to defend a player you like. Because you are wrong.

If there is sufficient evidence he broke the rules then he should be punished accordingly. However, i have no doubt the ncaa will manage to screw this up somehow.

Wow, naive much? I don't even like Reggie Bush, I never have. But there is improprieties going on in every major(and many minor) college programs. Hell, I knew people who got money and free stuff in HIGH SCHOOL. I have heard first hand of people getting money. I have been with athletes who got free stuff only because they were athletes. These weren't even at major programs. I have known someone that chose a school primarily because other athletes told him how well the boosters would take care of him if he went there and started. This goes on EVERYWHERE, just not to the extent that it goes on with people like Reggie Bush.

Not EVERYONE is dirty, but I can say with relative certainty that every program has its skeletans.

DChess
12-09-2007, 03:15 AM
just on the yahoo front, they have been all over this story from day one. they were the ones whos reported the parents house.

also, i could really care less if athletes take money.

marks01234
12-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Every starter at major colleges accept money. This is not something that is specific to Bush or USC. The difference between Bomar and Bush? Bomar was still playing when he got caught. Can you really fault a kid for taking money? Think if you are a 20 year old, and someone leaves 500 bucks in your locker. Are you going to just give it back? Hell no. If someone offers you a car, are you really gonna turn it down? Get real.

No they don't

I lived in the Raleigh/Durham area for five years and Columbus Ohio for prior to that. I persoanlly saw Mario Williams drive around in a early 90's accord. I have personally been served at a local Oyster Bar by North Carolina State football players, have personally had a North Carolina basketball player sell me a pair of shoes at Finish Line. During my time in Columbus, I book a textbook for none other than 5-star WR Ken-Yon Rambo and Courtland Bullard.

marks01234
12-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow, naive much? I don't even like Reggie Bush, I never have. But there is improprieties going on in every major(and many minor) college programs. Hell, I knew people who got money and free stuff in HIGH SCHOOL. I have heard first hand of people getting money. I have been with athletes who got free stuff only because they were athletes. These weren't even at major programs. I have known someone that chose a school primarily because other athletes told him how well the boosters would take care of him if he went there and started. This goes on EVERYWHERE, just not to the extent that it goes on with people like Reggie Bush.

Not EVERYONE is dirty, but I can say with relative certainty that every program has its skeletans.

And just how can you say this?

How many regions of the country have you lived in and been close to football programs within?

A lot of coaches won't put up with this. I certainly know of a few.

Now, do athletes get their lunches paid for my fellow students? Certainly. Do athletes get a little extra help in the classroom (beyond the tutors responsibility)? Certainly. But they don't get anything close to $300,000 worth of real estate.

soybean
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
edit: delete post.

someone447
12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
double psot

someone447
12-11-2007, 04:55 PM
And just how can you say this?

How many regions of the country have you lived in and been close to football programs within?

A lot of coaches won't put up with this. I certainly know of a few.

Now, do athletes get their lunches paid for my fellow students? Certainly. Do athletes get a little extra help in the classroom (beyond the tutors responsibility)? Certainly. But they don't get anything close to $300,000 worth of real estate.

I am not saying that they receive 10s of thousands or more. Sorry if that is how I came off. I thought I said it wasn't to that extent.

They don't get 300,000 real estate, but they do get some extra spending money. They do get free stuff around town. Much of the stuff is more on Peter Warrick's level than Reggie Bush's(although most people aren't dumb enough to take close to 1000$ worth of stuff at a time.)

soybean
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
nm
fdsafdsafsdafsda