PDA

View Full Version : Final Pre-Combine Mock Draft

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm getting real tired of the same old Mock Drafts, so I mixed it up in this one, and to tell you the truth it probably is a hell of a lot more realistic. Let me know what you think on your teams picks more on how they fit the system, rather than just saying good pick or bad pick.

http://www.mymockdraft.com/2091/Review.aspx

RaiderNation
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
should of went with ur first thought on the raiders pick

KCJ58
02-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Rams picks

1. :|
2. :)

AZ9er
02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Interesting KC draft. Don't know if I like it or not.

regoob2
02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
solid niners pick

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 08:33 PM
should of went with ur first thought on the raiders pick

I'm with you, I like Calvin, he's the draft's top talent. We have to be real though, a WR is not turning around a team. Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks don't even resemble a good QB, the team needs a new face and Russell can be that guy. The upside there is incredible, but he's a high risk/reward guy.

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Interesting KC draft. Don't know if I like it or not.

Had to throw something new in there. The Chiefs, historically, haven't drafted on value but I threw them into basically taking BPA twice. Not a very exciting draft and it's not likely either player will be a star, but you get two solid players that fill needs.

Caddy
02-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Meh buc draft

21ST
02-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Give the redskins alan branch

TNewFan41
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
B+ for da Boys

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 08:51 PM

Personally I think Alan Branch may slip a bit and the gap betwen he and Amobi Okoye will diminish. He's a Top 10 value, but I don't see him as a Top 5 talent. I like Branch, but looking at the whole picture Adams had a great college career, and has intruiging upside too. He's just getting lost in the mix with these underclassmen.

KILLERSANTA
02-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of drafting rice, But man if he falls to us in the second, we can't not draft him..Good dallas draft

Doctorsacb
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Quinn is a great pick and perfect fit for the Dolphins and your right in your anaylsis that Branch would work to. I'd love either one but seeing as Cam Cameron is an offensive/QB minded coach, I'm sure he'd love to get Quinn who is a better prospect and great fit.

In round 2, I'm a huge Josh Wilson fan. I think he is going to be a steal. He is not a good fit for the Dolphins however. The Dolphins 3-4 works better with bigger CBs in the 6 foot range. Wilson is only 5'9.

So other possibilites at CB are Fred Bennett and Daymeion Hughes. Tank Tyler might be the best possibly pick because we need a NT pretty badly and Tyler is one of the few upper end NTs. Joe Staley would also be a very solid pick because of his big frame and upside.

Matthew Jones
02-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Crappy Patriots draft. We pass on LaRon Landry? The hell? Robert Meachem's not that great, the second might be too high for Blades.

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Quinn is a great pick and perfect fit for the Dolphins and your right in your anaylsis that Branch would work to. I'd love either one but seeing as Cam Cameron is an offensive/QB minded coach, I'm sure he'd love to get Quinn who is a better prospect and great fit.

In round 2, I'm a huge Josh Wilson fan. I think he is going to be a steal. He is not a good fit for the Dolphins however. The Dolphins 3-4 works better with bigger CBs in the 6 foot range. Wilson is only 5'9.

So other possibilites at CB are Fred Bennett and Daymeion Hughes. Tank Tyler might be the best possibly pick because we need a NT pretty badly and Tyler is one of the few upper end NTs. Joe Staley would also be a very solid pick because of his big frame and upside.

I actually initially had Fred Bennett there, but actually switched it to Staley, but finally decided on Wilson. Thanks for the tips, exactly what I like to hear, system things like that.

badgerbacker
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Interesting mock. I like it because it's not the same as every other I've seen. I think I'd rather have Greg Olson for the Packers in the 2nd, but I've never really been a fan of Bush.

McBain
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM

Personally I think Alan Branch may slip a bit and the gap betwen he and Amobi Okoye will diminish. He's a Top 10 value, but I don't see him as a Top 5 talent. I like Branch, but looking at the whole picture Adams had a great college career, and has intruiging upside too. He's just getting lost in the mix with these underclassmen.

You realize 6 comes after 5 right? :D

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Crappy Patriots draft. We pass on LaRon Landry? The hell? Robert Meachem's not that great, the second might be too high for Blades.

I like Landry, but believe it or not, I'm higher on Houston as a prospect. I considered him at 9, then at 15, once again at 18, and eventually he just fell to 24. As for Meachem, he's a good value at 28 whether you like him or not. He's a physically gifted receiver who ended his career on a good note. I agree, Blades is a bit of a reach there, but he fits the bill in the middle.

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM

You realize 6 comes after 5 right? :D

Yes sir and I was hoping no one would catch that. :D

themaninblack
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
bengals draft looks good.

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Interesting mock. I like it because it's not the same as every other I've seen. I think I'd rather have Greg Olson for the Packers in the 2nd, but I've never really been a fan of Bush.

I'm not big on Bush either. The guy is an great talent though if he has recovered well from the broken leg. I've never seen a guy his size, roughly 6'3 250, move the way he does. He's not exactly a power back but more of a big back with impressive athleticism and agility. There is some value at TE in the 3rd Round with Scott Chandler, Joe Newton, Matt Spaeth, Ben Patrick and even Greg Olsen falling to the 3rd in the scenario.

bucknut12
02-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Crappy Patriots draft. We pass on LaRon Landry? The hell? Robert Meachem's not that great, the second might be too high for Blades.The second is perfect for Blades.

The 1st is too high for Siler though.

If Puz plays MLB then he is worth the pick.

ThePudge
02-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Crappy Patriots draft. We pass on LaRon Landry? The hell? Robert Meachem's not that great, the second might be too high for Blades.The second is perfect for Blades.

The 1st is too high for Siler though.

If Puz plays MLB then he is worth the pick.

I just think Siler is being overlooked, especially on these boards. He was arguably the top player and the leader of one of the nation's top defenses and displayed great heart and toughness playing through injuries. That Saints D needs an attitude, a face, I think Siler could be that guy. Physically he's ready for the NFL, an underrated prospect.

JT Jag
02-19-2007, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't say that the Jaguar's biggest need on defense is linebacker. It's a pretty small need, actually. Daryl Smith and Clint Ingram are two young quality starters, and Mike Peterson is the best linebacker on the team. But the team needs depth--- quality depth, guys good enough to eventually replace the aging Peterson.

Timmons might fit the bill. If we don't sign a safety in free-agency or re-sign Deon Grant, then we WOULD draft Landry, though.

Craig Davis in the second is a good pick. He has connections to our new WR coach, who used to be LSU's WR coach.

PalmerToCJ
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd rather have Landry over Okoye but I love the 2nd rounder.

Pacaveli
02-19-2007, 11:59 PM
No way that Landry falls to 26.

DaKid13
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Good Raider draft, Moss and Porter will be the wide outs, pick up TE and RB later.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Absolutely hate the Vikings picks.
Moses is NOT a good fit for us. We need an exploding pass rusher not an overweight run stopper...we have that already.

and Bowe at 7 doesn't make sense.

LB51
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Thank you jesus, the giants got two really good picks,
1st-http://www.dailycal.org/images/art/11.07.fo2otball3.GALLUP.jpg
2nd-http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper854/stills/38d6d022.jpg
and both are from Cal

Im_a_Romosexual
02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I seriously doubt the cowboys pass on Landry and they can't pass on rice in the 2nd so thats a good pick.

ThePudge
02-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Absolutely hate the Vikings picks.
Moses is NOT a good fit for us. We need an exploding pass rusher not an overweight run stopper...we have that already.

and Bowe at 7 doesn't make sense.

I am sorry to be harsh here, but do you have any knowledge of the players in this draft?

Quentin Moses, at 6'5 250, IS an exploding pass rusher and not at all an overweight run stopper. Some see him as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL, I think he'll be just fine as a 4-3 DE like he played in college. Don't believe me? His 25 career sacks back my point pretty well including 11.5 in his Junior year. Moses' stock has slipped a little as of lately, but he should still find a spot in the 2nd Round.

As for Bowe? Any explanation on why that doesn't make sense? With the top two DE's in the draft gone, the Vikings would likely opt to go with Reggie Nelson or a WR. If they go WR, there are 3 Receivers with a value between 7 an 15 roughly: Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, and Dwayne Jarrett. Ginn reminds me a bit too much of Williamson and is another high risk/reward guy that they can't afford, Jarrett worries me too, so I went with Bowe here. Bowe is arguably the most complete receiver in this draft. Almost a T.O. clone, without the baggage. He has great size, is a good route runner, very good after the catch, and is a terrific blocker. The knocks on Bowe are his somewhat inconsistent hands and only average speed. He put on an absolute show at the Senior Bowl and boosted his stock as much as anybody.

I'm sorry, I'm just not really sure you know what you're talking about here.

ThePudge
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
No way that Landry falls to 26.

It was hard to do, but it happens every year. I considered throwing him in there at 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 22... before I knew it, he fell to 26. Oh well, that kind of stuff happens all of the time.

dabears10
02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
I enjoy the Bears pick as we could not afford to pass up on the value of Poz. Plus, i really like Yanda and would take him in the 2nd. Very nice. :P :P

ftbl88
02-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I would cry with joy if Landry made it to thie Eagles. I find it very unlikely. The only way I see the Eagles getting him is if they trade up. I don't think Landry makes it out of the top 15, he is that good. I would cry in anger if the Eagles got Troy Smith in the second. Donovan will be fine, and if there are setbacks, we either have Garcia or Feely back next year, two solid QBs. Get Woodley or Leonard or another DE in that situation. Great first pick, horrible second, the two balance eachother out.

ThePudge
02-20-2007, 05:25 PM
I would cry with joy if Landry made it to thie Eagles. I find it very unlikely. The only way I see the Eagles getting him is if they trade up. I don't think Landry makes it out of the top 15, he is that good. I would cry in anger if the Eagles got Troy Smith in the second. Donovan will be fine, and if there are setbacks, we either have Garcia or Feely back next year, two solid QBs. Get Woodley or Leonard or another DE in that situation. Great first pick, horrible second, the two balance eachother out.

I agree that Landry is a Top 15 value, though I think you are all underestimating what happens every year. Players slide, not every pick is obvious. For example, most had Chad Jackson in the Top 20 last year the day of the draft, yet he was not selected until the 37th pick. Stuff like that happens countless times, and it's nothing against Landry, he simply fell.

Also, the 2nd Round pick is assuming the team does not resign Garcia as some other team throws more money at him as a starter, possibly Houston. Philly is still not sure on McNabb and his future as a player and with the team is uncertain. As for Feely, the city may love him, but they really shouldn't. Just because he did a decent job roughly 4-5 years back in 5 starts doesn't mean he's ready to come back and be a starter. Smith is a player a lot like McNabb and a decent value there. As you said though, DE is always a possibility with Reid, so is the OL or DT, I just don't see any glaring need at DE where they have Darren Howard, Kearse, and Trent Cole who are all above average players.

B-Dawk
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM

I completely agree, Landry is the guy I most would like to see in the first round and yet that pick is ruined by the waste of a pick in Troy smith, even though he would be a good fit, we just don't need a QB in the second round, or first day even, maybe a developmental guy in the later rounds.

morknolle
02-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Texans picks:
1st) I don't like Brown there. I think it's too high of a pick for him, he's not an overly good fit for our blocking scheme, and I think with Eric Winston and Charles Spencer that we are good at OT other than needing to add depth later. We could use interior linemen somewhere, but that can wait until the 3rd-4th rounds. Unfortunately most of the other players that I like a lot are gone already (Peterson, Anderson, Thomas), at this point I'd probably go with Amobi Okoye.

2nd) I couldn't complain at all about getting Griffin in the 2nd.

asmitty45
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
nothing original about the lions draft, but its solid

kwilliamsfa
02-21-2007, 05:24 PM
You know what I'm going to say...

CB in round 1? No.
DE who's not a natural pass rusher in round 2? No.

This draft sucks for Denver.

ThePudge
02-21-2007, 05:34 PM

CB in round 1? No.

With Elvis Dumervil drafted last year I figure they have their situational pass-rusher, they could use someone more similar to their veteran players to be groomed. I also am not a huge fan of going CB in Round 1 for Denver, but the pick may allow Foxworth to move in as a full-time Safety and Revis is a better player than Paymah. Revis also fills the team's need as a PR. I'd have rather gone with a DE here, such as Charles Johnson, or even Jarvis Moss. Or I'd like to go DT with Okoye. I settled for Revis because he was the best player available (other than LaRon Landry) who fills a hole for the Broncos team. That immediate hole I'm talking about is Punt Returner.

ThePudge
02-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Texans picks:
1st) I don't like Brown there. I think it's too high of a pick for him, he's not an overly good fit for our blocking scheme, and I think with Eric Winston and Charles Spencer that we are good at OT other than needing to add depth later. We could use interior linemen somewhere, but that can wait until the 3rd-4th rounds. Unfortunately most of the other players that I like a lot are gone already (Peterson, Anderson, Thomas), at this point I'd probably go with Amobi Okoye.

2nd) I couldn't complain at all about getting Griffin in the 2nd.

Okoye may be the best fit here, but Brown's stock is a bit higher right now and you HAVE to think the team will go offense over defense, especially in the first round. In my opinion, it's Brown or Lynch...though there's an off chance they'd get Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn. Luckily for the Texans, Spencer is experienced at Guard and could play either side. Levi Brown is a true LT surging up draft boards.

ThePudge
02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
nothing original about the lions draft, but its solid

I agree with you, really nothing new here. Personally, I'd prefer Brady Quinn there, but from what I've seen from news reports it's looking like Thomas or a DE. Thomas is far and away the better value at #2.

djmakaveli
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
b e a u tiful denver draft except id rather have tank tyler or sidney rice there but its still good pick. actually without darrent williams we have very little Quality depth, just foxworth who should play safety until we can get someone else there.

Vikes99ej
02-21-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd love to have Bowe, but I don't know if he should go that high. I like the second round pick.

ThePudge
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I'd love to have Bowe, but I don't know if he should go that high. I like the second round pick.

I like Bowe a lot and think he's the safest prospect. On my board he's #14. So is it a little reach? Yes. However, it fills a big need and is a better fit than Ginn and a safer fit than Jarrett IMO. I could have gone with Nelson or Charles Johnson there as well. I decided Bowe was the guy. The Vikings have trouble on the offensive side of the ball (Specifically the passing game), and they can put defense on hold until Round 2 or later, Free Agency could also be used to address their small holes on that side of the ball.

Beans
02-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Likin' the Bucs draft.

kwilliamsfa
02-22-2007, 10:39 AM

CB in round 1? No.

With Elvis Dumervil drafted last year I figure they have their situational pass-rusher, they could use someone more similar to their veteran players to be groomed. I also am not a huge fan of going CB in Round 1 for Denver, but the pick may allow Foxworth to move in as a full-time Safety and Revis is a better player than Paymah. Revis also fills the team's need as a PR. I'd have rather gone with a DE here, such as Charles Johnson, or even Jarvis Moss. Or I'd like to go DT with Okoye. I settled for Revis because he was the best player available (other than LaRon Landry) who fills a hole for the Broncos team. That immediate hole I'm talking about is Punt Returner.

Foxworth is not a safety - I'd much rather see him back at CB.

What you've got here is last year redux, with a little more youth. How does that help? It certainly doesn't address the pass rush problems that plagued the team last year. You can plug in any CB prospect you like, unless he's the second coming of Champ he's going to get torched because opposing QB's have too much time to throw.

ftbl88
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
The diference this year is that Jackson is no where near the type of player that Landry is. I am not arguing the pick, I LOVE it, but this kills me because it gives me a brief moment of hope, but then I come to my senses and crash back down to earth. Even if Garcia leaves, Feely is a more than capable backup. All he does is play fantastic football for the Eagles. Many forget he was astarter down in Miami, although not that successful. But he is the perfect QB for our type of West Coast style of offense. He played in the final game of the season for the Eagles last year, and had an excellent game against a pretty good Atlanta defense. I would feel comfortable if he was our backup next year. So what I am trying to say is...NO Troy Smith.