PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got a solution for Roy...

TacticaLion
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Trade him to the Titans.

The Titans could use a big-play WR and Tennessee is closer to Texas than Michigan is. Oh yeah... and VY is the poster boy for Texas football. Toss him over there for David Thornton and a pick or two... and it's a win-win.

Then, draft Connor and have a LB group of Thornton-Connor-Sims with additional picks to build the team.

(With other picks, build the freaking OLine and take a young CB.)

Success?

LonghornsLegend
12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I like him better here in Dallas, we would give up a 1st rd pick for him and he could retire a Cowboy...you guys are more then welcome to throw in any other homesick, disgruntled Texas guys(Redding, Rogers)...But dont know what Roy's tender would be, but I know Jerry wants another wr, id gladly lose a 1st for him and we would probably let Crayton walk

JPLUFF
12-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I like him better here in Dallas, we would give up a 1st rd pick for him and he could retire a Cowboy...you guys are more then welcome to throw in any other homesick, disgruntled Texas guys(Redding, Rogers)...But dont know what Roy's tender would be, but I know Jerry wants another wr, id gladly lose a 1st for him and we would probably let Crayton walk

I pray Millen doesn't trade him within the conference, especially considering we play Dallas every season it seems.

But if you guys were the only ones offering a 1st for him.....well then maybe.

J-Hype
12-09-2007, 11:48 PM
i like roy to much.i dont think we should let him good.if we could get a team thats makeing a run at the superbowl every year im sure he wouldnt mind staying with megatron here in detroit

TacticaLion
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
i like roy to much.i dont think we should let him good.if we could get a team thats makeing a run at the superbowl every year im sure he wouldnt mind staying with megatron here in detroit

Yeah, but would it be better to have Roy/CJ or just CJ with a better OLine? I'd rather improve other areas of the team.

Prowler
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
i'd agree, i'd take whatever we can get for him. the offense looked great against dallas without him, seems like they only can get either him or cj involved but not both at the same time, so might as well.

i'm extremely high on conner, big ten run stopping mlb who is quick on all his keys and would make all the heads up plays.

TacticaLion
12-10-2007, 12:14 PM
i'd agree, i'd take whatever we can get for him. the offense looked great against dallas without him, seems like they only can get either him or cj involved but not both at the same time, so might as well.

i'm extremely high on conner, big ten run stopping mlb who is quick on all his keys and would make all the heads up plays.Yeah. I traded Roy to Tenn for Thornton and a few picks... and drafted Connor in the draft. Thornton - Connor - Sims... beautiful.

Woody is playing very well at RT... could that be a permanent position for him? I hope so. A healthy Bullocks will shore up our S group... which leaves us with the LBers and CB group to improve (and I wouldn't mind a pure pass-rusher not named Kalimba).

detroit4life
12-10-2007, 09:55 PM
i proposed this one another thread in here but im all for trading roy and i agree i think Tennesee is the most logical place for him. Im not sure Dallas would be desperate to get him since they have T.O. there but Tennesee rly needs a WR.

If we could get some picks or even a proven player or two i am all for it. We need to adress our defense and Oline desperatly and this trade would help.

Lets get the rights to pacman jones

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Lets get the rights to pacman jones
As talented as he is, we really don't need a character problem on the team.

detroit4life
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah i was kind of being sarcastic but if he were allowed to play and the titans threw him in with another play or draft pick i'd consider it

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah i was kind of being sarcastic but if he were allowed to play and the titans threw him in with another play or draft pick i'd consider itIf he found Jesus... maybe. He's a great talent, but that wont help from the sidelines.

You know this, and I understand your point. I'd rather take a 3rd round pick than Pacman, though...

detroit4life
12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
in reality could we get a 1st round pick for Roy. Its hard for me to determine his value. I think he's an elite wr andthink he sohuld be worth a first.

TacticaLion
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
in reality could we get a 1st round pick for Roy. Its hard for me to determine his value. I think he's an elite wr andthink he sohuld be worth a first.

As much as I like draft picks (a lot), I'd rather have a proven player and a 2nd than a 1st.

Might just be me...

WMD
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Roy Williams is a young #1 WR which is very valuable.. Any team without a true #1 should want Roy.. but at what price?? I'd say a Mid Round 1 would be the best we could get.. IMO any team that's looking to go WR in Round 1 should just trade their pick for Roy. He's already developed, you know what you're going to get with him.. no need to wait.. It's kind of like adopting a 5 year old.. all of the baby stuff is over with.

detroit4life
12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
thats what i was thinking i have to think he'll have some pretty good value in a trade.

I wouldnt mind a proven player and a 2nd but we tried that once with Bell and Foster and that failed miserably for us. I wouldnt mind to get a mid 1st for him. I guess that all depends on teams who are interested in him.

TacticaLion
12-13-2007, 12:28 AM
thats what i was thinking i have to think he'll have some pretty good value in a trade.

I wouldnt mind a proven player and a 2nd but we tried that once with Bell and Foster and that failed miserably for us. I wouldnt mind to get a mid 1st for him. I guess that all depends on teams who are interested in him.Yeah... Bell and Foster were mistakes... but I think we could get a much better player and a 2nd for Roy. To me, that's worth it.

Pocket
12-13-2007, 10:53 AM
The loss of Roy frightens me. Seriously. If we can't get him resigned though, I do think this is probably the best idea. Trade him to a team that could give us something for him, Thorton would help to say the least... lol.

bigredballer
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
We do have Jon Kitna on our team.....is that close enough?

If he found Jesus... maybe. He's a great talent, but that wont help from the sidelines.

You know this, and I understand your point. I'd rather take a 3rd round pick than Pacman, though...

TacticaLion
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
We do have Jon Kitna on our team.....is that close enough?

HA! Priceless... great line.

Took me a minute, but I laughed (pretty hard) when I got it.

Bucky
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
What I think we should do is send Roy and maybe a 3rd or 4th to Dallas for Bobby Carpenter and their second first round pick. Bobby was drafted because of Bill Parcells, and he hasn't been able to do much for the Cowboys yet. Roy wants to be in Texas, and the Cowboys have the ammunition to get him. Bobby could come here and start immediately at SLB where Boss Bailey and company have been more than disappointing. I think that's a win-win for both teams.

Addict
12-19-2007, 07:06 PM
If he found Jesus... maybe. He's a great talent, but that wont help from the sidelines.

didn't jesus make it rain too?

asmitty45
12-28-2007, 09:24 AM
If we are going to move one of the premier young WR's in the NFL i would say way get O-Lne or CB help plus picks.

I think it is obvious the Lions are planning on drafting a MLB unless something huge comes up, and I really don't want Otah/Cherilus in the First.

Get another 1st/2nd use it to fill the hole we don't fill via the trade (OL/CB)

TacticaLion
12-28-2007, 12:04 PM
If we are going to move one of the premier young WR's in the NFL i would say way get O-Lne or CB help plus picks.

I think it is obvious the Lions are planning on drafting a MLB unless something huge comes up, and I really don't want Otah/Cherilus in the First.

Get another 1st/2nd use it to fill the hole we don't fill via the trade (OL/CB)

Agree completely. LB, CB and OL... would be nice to target each in the first two rounds (or, first day.. thanks, commish).

I'd even be willing to swap OL with DE. Backus, Mulitalo, Raiola, Peterman and Woody is solid (if we can keep Woody, of course).

detroit4life
12-28-2007, 03:14 PM
we need to bring in a DE or this defense will suffer. Dwayne white is good but we need another DE that can make a huge impact. DE should be our first focus with CB and LB as our nxt two. I can live with our Oline with woody as our RT.

TacticaLion
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
we need to bring in a DE or this defense will suffer. Dwayne white is good but we need another DE that can make a huge impact. DE should be our first focus with CB and LB as our nxt two. I can live with our Oline with woody as our RT.If we're looking for a pure pass-rusher, which we should be, we can find a great one in rounds 2-3. DE is also a deeper position than MLB, which is why I'd rather target a MLB in round 1.

detroit4life
12-28-2007, 08:31 PM
we need more then just a pass rusher we have that in kalimba edwards we need a guy who we can play more then just on 3rd down and not get killed in the running game. MLB is a position we can get thru Fhaha
A or a trade. You can also get great value at LB in rounds 2-3. Its hard to get a complete DE after round one. We need an elite DE for this defense not an average DE. This defense can only be great when there is a very good DE on the field at all times. LBs are a need but i think priotirty #1 needs to get our Dline in place

TacticaLion
12-28-2007, 08:37 PM
we need more then just a pass rusher we have that in kalimba edwards we need a guy who we can play more then just on 3rd down and not get killed in the running game. MLB is a position we can get thru Fhaha
A or a trade. You can also get great value at LB in rounds 2-3. Its hard to get a complete DE after round one. We need an elite DE for this defense not an average DE. This defense can only be great when there is a very good DE on the field at all times. LBs are a need but i think priotirty #1 needs to get our Dline in place

No, no, no. Kalimba isn't a talented player by any means... he has speed and quickness but lacks a motor and only has 1 move. When I mention a "pure pass-rusher", I'm referring to a player that can actually get to the QB (and, yes, one can be found in rounds 2-3).

A true, stud, all-around MLB rarely falls out of the 1st round. We need a player with great speed, athleticism, tackling ability and coverage skills to solidify our MLB position... we won't get one in FA and can't find one in rounds 2-3. Taking a MLB in round 1 and grabbing a great pass-rusher in round 2 would do more for our defense than the opposite.

detroit4life
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
No, no, no. Kalimba isn't a talented player by any means... he has speed and quickness but lacks a motor and only has 1 move. When I mention a "pure pass-rusher", I'm referring to a player that can actually get to the QB (and, yes, one can be found in rounds 2-3).

A true, stud, all-around MLB rarely falls out of the 1st round. We need a player with great speed, athleticism, tackling ability and coverage skills to solidify our MLB position... we won't get one in FA and can't find one in rounds 2-3. Taking a MLB in round 1 and grabbing a great pass-rusher in round 2 would do more for our defense than the opposite.

i disagree...for starters other then laurinitis im not sure a MLB will be taken in round one so i assume hes the player your talking about when u say a stud MLB. And looking in the past ive seen more quality LBs taken in round two then DEs taken in round two.

It wouild be a mistake to pass up on one of the top DEs in this draft to take Laurinitis. We could get by nxt year with an average veteran MLB or even a guy like Goff or Hall in rounds 2-3. The MLB class this year isnt even all that strong. The DE class has a lot of great talents though. We should go DE this year and solidify the most important position on our defense.

TacticaLion
12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
i disagree...for starters other then laurinitis im not sure a MLB will be taken in round one so i assume hes the player your talking about when u say a stud MLB. And looking in the past ive seen more quality LBs taken in round two then DEs taken in round two.

It wouild be a mistake to pass up on one of the top DEs in this draft to take Laurinitis. We could get by nxt year with an average veteran MLB or even a guy like Goff or Hall in rounds 2-3. The MLB class this year isnt even all that strong. The DE class has a lot of great talents though. We should go DE this year and solidify the most important position on our defense.

Woah... it is WAY too early to guess the draft position of players. Right now, you're probably right about MLBs (although Connor is a name), but that'll change many times before and after the combine.

You may see more quality MLBs taken in round 2, but how many DEs are taken in round 1? Many more. There are usually 6-7 DEs with 1st round potential and 1-2 MLBs with 1st round potential. DE is always deeper than MLB... and, considering we run a Cover 2, I'd rather have a pure pass-rusher in round 2 and a stud MLB in round 1 than a great DE in round 1 and an average MLB in round 2 (see: Lenon).

If there is a stud MLB available with our 1st round pick, taking him will improve our defense incredibly. Sims needs a player that can compliment him... not players he has to make up for. It'll also help our running game and give us a player that can drop back in coverage.