PDA

View Full Version : Should we have drafted Gaines Adams

Iamcanadian
12-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Tampa Bay is going to the playoffs and has one of the top defenses in the NFL and guess who is their starting DE. Your right, it's Gaines Adams. We have the 31st defense in the NFL and are crumbing before our eyes.
Has Johnson made that much of a difference in our offense and with Kitna as his QB will be every reach stardom??? More important which player would have made our team better this season. You cannot make the playoff or ever be a contender in the NFL with the 31st ranked defense.
I still think that Tampa Bay wanted Adams all along and disguised their intent by rumors suggesting they really wanted Johnson badly. When the draft came along Millen believed that Tampa valued Johnson and drafted him leaving Adams for Tampa Bay.
The proof is in the pudding, Tampa drafting right after us, drafted Adams and are in the playoffs while we took Johnson and are still pretty well the same old Lions.

12-08-2007, 10:19 AM
you can never really go wrong when you draft the best player in the draft, johnson will come around and you cant forget he hasnt played at 100% for most of the season. if roy williams does end up leaving the lions theres no better young receiver to step in and take his place as the #1 guy.

JPLUFF
12-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly sure it's that black and white. Jeff Garcia has brought play-making ability to the offense (even though he can't throw more than 20 yards), especially considering the loss of Cadillac Williams. Cato June was a great off-season acquisition and Barrett Ruud has been great this year, and Derrick Brooks is Derrick Brooks. Earnest Graham really stepped up and is having a phenomenal year as well. Gaines is having a good rookie year but he by far isn't one of the main reasons why that team is so successful.

Calvin will come around. He was obviously rattled in the thanksgiving game, but he's shown flashes of brillance this season. He's too big, too fast, and too talented not to have a great nfl career, and from the sounds of it he doesn't have any character concerns. WR wasn't much of a need but I don't think DE was either. I'm satisfied with the Calvin pick but still wish we would've found a package to trade down for, so we could've landed either Patrick Willis or Laron Landry.

I still think IAF and Stanton were really questionable though.

TacticaLion
12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah. CJ hasn't really been healthy and his career is young. Having him also makes Roy easier to move.

We've also had a few DEs step-up this year. I'd wait until the end of the season to say which would be better.

RoyHall#1
12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
What? You're a browns fan, right?

Brodeur
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
If anything we should have drafted Joe Thomas but I still think the CJ pick is fine.