PDA

View Full Version : Dick Lyons jr

Babylon
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Anyone have size speed numbers on this guy, seems he's interested in coming out and he has put up some numbers over his career.

SuperKevin
12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Anyone have size speed numbers on this guy, seems he's interested in coming out and he has put up some numbers over his career.

The guy isn't very big at 5'11" 190. I've heard 40 times from 4.38 to 4.54. He's going to be a slot WR in the Brandon Stokely mold at best.

Babylon
12-08-2007, 04:06 PM
The guy isn't very big at 5'11" 190. I've heard 40 times from 4.38 to 4.54. He's going to be a slot WR in the Brandon Stokely mold at best.

I think the Stokley comarison is a good one, or in the best case you would be getting a Wes Welker, that is pretty good though, those guys can help you win a title if put in the right system. By the way the range on that 40 time is pretty much night and day, will be interesting to see how he runs at the end of the season.

BuckNaked
12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
If Dicky Lyons Jr. leaves, Kentucky would basically lose their entire offense. They would be losing Woodson, Little, Burton, Lyons, Johnson and Tamme. That's a big hit.

SuperKevin
12-08-2007, 04:51 PM
If Dicky Lyons Jr. leaves, Kentucky would basically lose their entire offense.

which is why I see him leaving. His stock won't go up next year without a QB, RB, or other WRs to help him.

BuckNaked
12-08-2007, 04:52 PM
which is why I see him leaving. His stock won't go up next year without a QB, RB, or other WRs to help him.

They'll be set at RB with Locke, but besides that they'll be pretty thin everywhere else.

nhlkdog411
12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
5'11 190 isn't that small actually, especially if he is running in the high 4.3 to low 4.4s..thats similar size (and speed) to several recent high draft picks such as santonia holmes, anthony gonzalez and marc clayton. if he does run in that range i don't see any reason he couldn't potentially play on the outside in the pros.

jared
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I'd like to see what he can do with a full year as the main man down there in Kentucky. But maybe he knows something we don't about the guys replacing Woodson, Tamme, and all them.

nobodyinparticular
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm loving the racial comparison boundaries that everyone is using. Every white WR is going to be Welker/Stokley or Ed McCaffrey, every black QB is going to be Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb/Daunte Culpepper and every white RB is going to be Alstott.

fenikz
12-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm loving the racial comparison boundaries that everyone is using. Every white WR is going to be Welker/Stokley or Ed McCaffrey, every black QB is going to be Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb/Daunte Culpepper and every white RB is going to be Alstott.

Or maybe the fact that those are 3 of the best slot receivers recently in the NFL, smaller guys(besidea McCaffrey) with quick feet and sure hands who aren't afraid to go across the middle

Don Vito
12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Or maybe the fact that those are 3 of the best slot receivers recently in the NFL, smaller guys with quick feet and sure hands who aren't afraid to go across the middle

McCaffrey played at 6-5 220, wasn't very shifty (just was fearless and caught everything) and very rarely played in the slot. I think that Lyons is more like a mix of Antwan Randle-El and Wes Welker - not very big but he has the athleticism of Randle-El, the hands and vision of Welker, and the ability to make a big play whenever he touches the ball (Randle-El and Welker).

fenikz
12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
McCaffrey played at 6-5 220, wasn't very shifty (just was fearless and caught everything) nd very rarely played in the slot, I think that Lyons is more like a mix of Randle-El and Welker, not very big but with the athleticism of Randle-El, the hands and vision of Welker, and the ability to make a big play whenever he touches the ball (Randle-El and Welker).

I recall McCaffrey running a lot of slants and seams as a slot guy would do, I edited my posted right after you posted too saying that Ed was bigger

jared
12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Either way, Lyons is not coming out this year. He's already coming out and said that. He's just gauging his draft stock right now and planning on using it as motivation. I'm excited to watch him in a more prominent offensive role next year.
http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/253235.html