PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Vs. Texans

zCaddyz
12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
First let me say rip pimp c., ok now back to the game this was one of the games i really wanted to go too just because i want to see our o-line vs there d-line, williams vs penn/trueblood(trueblood handled him in college) sears vs amboi

Tampa 2 4 life
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I think it's a 17-7 type game, especially with Schaub out.

zCaddyz
12-09-2007, 11:04 AM
o yeah i thinks it gonna be 21-10 us

etk
12-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Greg White is a manimal.

I'm too angry to say any more...

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Thank god Greg White is on our side.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
So much for Mccown being the answer...

Beans
12-09-2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/d_7218.jpg

etk
12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
So much for Mccown being the answer...

McCown was fine. Our offense got into more 3rd and longs than we're capable of making. If you're referring to the deep ball where Galloway was wide open, I'd blame that on the receiver. Joey slowed down and short-armed the ball. That was a catchable ball if he gave full effort or dove. The only bad pass I remember him throwing was when he overthrew a slightly open Smith on a corner route. Blame the loss on our pass defense and the trio of Stovall, Chukwurah and Nece (I think). Those three were the perfect example of how not to pursue on a kickoff. How the **** do you let Andre Davis, who is nothing but a speed returner, get the sideline? Stovall is a ******* ****** for thinking he would ever cut back to the middle. How much does Davis weigh, 160? Of course he's gonna ******* run to the sideline. Our underneath coverage blows. What do you think the Texans are going to when their top 2 RBs are injured as well as their starting QB? They're gonna ******* throw short time and time again, specifically to Andre Johnson. We decide to give their receivers free releases all game and hey, let's just give them all five-yard cushions while we're at it. It felt like watching a Madden defense because the Texans were running simple short patterns and our defenders were sitting back and letting them get open. How many times did the Texans throw deep, once? It was tipped by TJax. It honestly looked like our defense just stepped on the field with no preparation and figured they would hand it to us. If it wasn't for our defensive line and Derrick Brooks we would've seen records broken by the Texans star-studded practice squad offense. It's despicable.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 06:57 PM
McCown was fine. Our offense got into more 3rd and longs than we're capable of making. If you're referring to the deep ball where Galloway was wide open, I'd blame that on the receiver. Joey slowed down and short-armed the ball. That was a catchable ball if he gave full effort or dove. The only bad pass I remember him throwing was when he overthrew a slightly open Smith on a corner route.

Moreso talking about how he refuses to throw the ball away occasionally. See: The Second To-Last offensive play we had.

etk
12-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Moreso talking about how he refuses to throw the ball away occasionally. See: The Second To-Last offensive play we had.

That is his achilles heel. I assume he won't be like that forever.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 07:00 PM
That is his achilles heel. I assume he won't be like that forever.

It's annoying as hell, especially since I already went through that once with Grothe.

etk
12-09-2007, 07:02 PM
It's annoying as hell, especially since I already went through that once with Grothe.

Yeah it's annoying as hell, but our offense is designed not to have 3rd and longs where QBs are more likely to freeze up and get sacked. He looks great when he's running our short-passing offense but he's not good when he's out of his rhythm on longer downs.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah it's annoying as hell, but our offense is designed not to have 3rd and longs where QBs are more likely to freeze up and get sacked. He looks great when he's running our short-passing offense but he's not good when he's out of his rhythm on longer downs.

It also didn't help that other than the TD runs Graham was getting stuffed.

etk
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM
It also didn't help that other than the TD runs Graham was getting stuffed.

Losing Ike Hilliard was a huge blow. He's our only reliable underneath receiver and we didn't have anyone to go to. Clayton was playing well so I thought we'd get him the ball more, shrug. Stupid false start penalties also didn't help. Our line as a whole played stupid, specifically Wade and Sears. Ugh, Hilliard should've gone down after he picked up the first. He's a receiver and they need to preserve their bodies. Now he's injured and we gave them the ball back where they scored right after.

Canadian_kid16
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
from what I've heard/read, it was more of a coaching thing...I was just wondering how the hell Sage Rosenfels thrown for like 250+ yards on us...sad, just sad

Beans
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
we just lost to a guy named after a herb

etk
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Sage can chuck the ball pretty well, but all he does is look for two receivers underneath. It's not that hard to stop that.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
New Tradition: Every time the Bucs lose I will eat a lemon. With only a half Packet of splenda to save my tastebuds.

Watchman
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Frustrating game. But like the DET and JAX games this one was winnable. Miscues really cost them yesterday. Just like in DET with the botched snap on the 1 yard line, yesterday when they botched the snap and HOU recovered you could feel the game getting out of reach.

I'll be glad to see Garcia back in the game next week. Overall I was pleased with the way McCown played the last two games. On the road the last two weeks McCown was 54 for 75 (75%) 579 yds. 2 TDs 1 INT. The big thing though is he was sacked 7 times, and he could have reduced that number if he would get rid of the ball quicker or just throw it away.

Is he the answer? Who knows? You couldn't reach that conclusion after the win in NO and you can't after the loss in HOU.

Caddy
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I've been away the last few days and didn't get to catch the game, but from what I've read, it sounds like a frustrating loss.

Watchman
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I've been away the last few days and didn't get to catch the game, but from what I've read, it sounds like a frustrating loss.

It was. 10