PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Playoffs

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:43 AM
If the NCAA had play offs who would you put in it this year? Would you use the BCS selection system (no more than 2 teams per conference, top 12 Non-BCS conference teams gets automatic bid, etc) or would you go strictly with a top 4, 8 , 16?

here would be mine

using BCS current rules, and keeping the bowl games normal

Predicted Winners in Bold

(Rose) #2 OSU vs #8 ASU
(Fiesta) #4 OU vs #5 Georgia
(Sugar) #2 LSU vs #7 USC
(Orange) #3 VT vs #6 Hawaii

#1 OSU vs #5 UGA
#2 LSU vs #3 VT

#1 LSU vs #5 UGA

may end up with the same champion but at least we would know for sure

iowatreat54
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
ummm wouldn't OSU be #1 and LSU #2?

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:51 AM
ummm wouldn't OSU be #1 and LSU #2?

I guess i should look at the bcs rankings, instead of just pulling them out my ass

all right it definitely needs some tweaks, and maybe the current bowl system would have to go

iowatreat54
12-10-2007, 12:54 AM
i guess i should look at the bcs rankings, instead of just pulling them out my ass

hahaha well yea if you are going off BCS it would be completely different (no Hawaii)...but I wasn't sure if you were doing that or making your own

#1 OSU vs. #8 Kansas
#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia
#3 VT vs. #6 Mizzou
#2 LSU vs. #7 USC

#1 OSU vs. #5 Georgia
#6 Mizzou vs. #2 LSU

#5 Georgia vs. #2 LSU

I just really like Georgia right now :D

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
or just the top 8 teams no other qualifications

1 OSU vs 8 KU
4 OU vs 5 UGA
2 LSU vs 7 USC
3 VT vs 6 Mizz

but then you end up with 3 big 12 teams

iowatreat54
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
or just the top 8 teams no other qualifications

1 OSU vs 8 KU
4 OU vs 5 UGA
2 LSU vs 7 USC
3 VT vs 6 Mizz

but then you end up with 3 big 12 teams

yea, well I made one with just the top 8...if we follow the 2 teams rule, then I'd swap WV in

#1 OSU vs. #9 WV
#4 Oklahoma vs. #5 Georgia
#3 VT vs. #6 Mizzou
#2 LSU vs. #7 USC

#5 Georgia vs. #9 WV
#2 LSU vs. #6 Mizzou

#5 Georgia vs. #2 LSU

KCJ58
12-10-2007, 01:37 AM
im using the top 16 teams according to my rankings

#1 Ohio State (11-1)
#2 LSU (11-2)
#3 Virginia Tech (11-2)
#4 USC (10-2)
#5 Oklahoma (11-2)
#6 Hawaii (12-0)
#7 Georgia (10-2)
#8 Kansas (11-1)
#9 Missouri (11-2)
#10 Arizona State (10-2)
#11 West Virginia (10-2)
#12 Florida (9-3)
#13 Illinois (9-3)
#14 Boston College (10-3)
#15 Clemson (9-3)
#16 Tennessee (9-4)

her we go:

(plays winner of 8 v 9)
#1 Ohio State (11-1)
vs.
#16 Tennessee (9-4)

Ohio State wins it by a TD it's a close game but Ohio State pulls it out 20-14

(plays winner of 1 v 16)
#8 Kansas (11-1)
vs.
#9 Missouri (11-2)

Mizzu will beat Kansas but the Jayhawks will be looking for revenge i can see this game going close but Chase Daniel pulls it out in the end Mizzu wins 28-24

(plays winner of 5 v 12)
#4 USC (10-2)
vs.
#13 Illinois (9-3)

like the Rose bowl will see on New Years Day, USC is the hottest team in the country right now and the Illinois was a BCS surprise, the USC defense is to much for Juice, SC wins 38-13

(plays winner of 4 v 13)
#5 Oklahoma (11-2)
vs.
#12 Florida (9-3)

Oklahoma is the Big 12 Champs but after a big win they do lose to avarage teams (ie. Colorado & Texas Tech) Heisman winner Tim Tebow leads the Gators to a 37-27 victory

(plays winner of 7 v 10)
#2 LSU (11-2)
vs.
#15 Clemson (9-3)

LSU is too good to be stopped by Clemson, LSU wins 31-10

(plays winner of 2 v 15)
#7 Georgia (10-2)
vs.
#10 Arizona State (10-2)

Georgia Wins this game because they are the better and hotter team, ASU keeps it close but the Bulldogs win 28-20

(winner plays 6 v 11)
#3 Virginia Tech (11-2)
vs.

Boston College won the 1st meeting and the Hookies won the 2nd meeting, Matt Ryan goes back to his mid-season form and beats the Hookies 27-26 in a close game

(winner plays 3 v 14)
#6 Hawaii (12-0)
vs.
#11 West Virginia (10-2)

this game will be a shoot out, Hawaii will stay in it the whole game but to much Slaton and White for Hawaii, WVU wins 45-41

**2nd Round**

(winner plays 4 v 12)
#1 Ohio State (11-1)
vs.
#9 Missouri (11-2)

(winner plays 1 v 9)
#4 USC (10-2)
vs.
#12 Florida (9-3)

(winner plays 11 v 14)
#2 LSU (11-2)
vs.
#7 Georgia (10-2)

(winner plays 2 v 7)
#11 West Virginia (10-2)
vs.

**Semi Finals**

#1 Ohio State (11-1)
vs.
#4 USC (10-2)

#2 LSU (11-2)
vs.
#11 West Virginia (10-2)

CHAMPIONSHIP!

#4 USC (10-2)
vs.
#2 LSU (11-2)

YAYareaRB
12-10-2007, 03:05 AM
I just don't see a NCAA Playoff happening without rearranging of conferences. In order to have a Playoff, I think the talent should evenly distributed, also taking locations/travel into consideration. Maybe combine conferences into a number of super conferences. For Example:

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 03:19 AM
I just don't see a NCAA Playoff happening without rearranging of conferences. In order to have a Playoff, I think the talent should evenly distributed, also taking locations/travel into consideration. Maybe combine conferences into a number of super conferences. For Example:

That's what I think exactly and have arranged the conferences on my own and have come up with something like this:

*Note* - The Big East is planning on expanding in 2012. The non-football schools are looking to create their own conference. The Big 10 is already planning on adding a twelfth member soon.

Atlantic Coast Conference
The ACC is unchanged.

Big East Conference
North
Army (formerly Independent – football only)
Connecticut
Navy (formerly Independent – football only)
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple (formerly of the MAC)

South
Cincinnati
Louisville
Pittsburgh
South Florida
University of Central Florida (formerly of C-USA)
West Virginia

Big Ten Conference
West
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Missouri (formerly of the Big 12)
Minnesota
Wisconsin

East
Illinois
Indiana
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue

Big Twelve Conference
North
Brigham Young University (formerly of the Mountain West)
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska

South
Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

Conference USA
East
East Carolina
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Mississippi
Tulane
University of Alabama-Birmingham

West
Houston
Louisiana Tech (formerly of the WAC)
Rice
Southern Methodist University
Tulsa
University of Texas-El Paso

Mountain West Athletic Conference (Combination of the remaining MWC and WAC teams)
East
Air Force
Colorado State
New Mexico State (formerly of the WAC)
Texas Christian University
University of New Mexico
Utah State (formerly of the WAC)
Wyoming

West
Boise State (formerly of the WAC)
Hawaii (formerly of the WAC)
Idaho (formerly of the WAC)
Nevada (formerly of the WAC)
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
San Jose State (formerly of the WAC)
San Diego State

Pac 12
North
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Washington
Washington State

South
Arizona
Arizona State
Fresno State (formerly of the WAC)
University of California-Los Angeles
University of Southern California
University of Utah (formerly of the Mountain West)

Southeastern Conference
The SEC is unchanged.

dabears10
12-10-2007, 09:55 AM
And Notre Dame is still independent...

YAYareaRB
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
That's what I think exactly and have arranged the conferences on my own and have come up with something like this:

*Note* - The Big East is planning on expanding in 2012. The non-football schools are looking to create their own conference. The Big 10 is already planning on adding a twelfth member soon.

Atlantic Coast Conference
The ACC is unchanged.

Big East Conference
North
Army (formerly Independent football only)
Connecticut
Navy (formerly Independent football only)
Rutgers
Syracuse
Temple (formerly of the MAC)

South
Cincinnati
Louisville
Pittsburgh
South Florida
West Virginia

Big Ten Conference
West
Iowa
Michigan
Michigan State
Missouri (formerly of the Big 12)
Minnesota
Wisconsin

East
Illinois
Indiana
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue

Big Twelve Conference
North
Brigham Young University (formerly of the Mountain West)
Colorado
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska

South
Baylor
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech

Conference USA
East
East Carolina
Marshall
Memphis
Southern Mississippi
Tulane
University of Alabama-Birmingham

West
Houston
Louisiana Tech (formerly of the WAC)
Rice
Southern Methodist University
Tulsa
University of Texas-El Paso

Mountain West Athletic Conference (Combination of the remaining MWC and WAC teams)
East
Air Force
Colorado State
New Mexico State (formerly of the WAC)
Texas Christian University
University of New Mexico
Utah State (formerly of the WAC)
Wyoming

West
Boise State (formerly of the WAC)
Hawaii (formerly of the WAC)
Idaho (formerly of the WAC)
Nevada (formerly of the WAC)
University of Nevada-Las Vegas
San Jose State (formerly of the WAC)
San Diego State

Pac 12
North
California
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Washington
Washington State

South
Arizona
Arizona State
Fresno State (formerly of the WAC)
University of California-Los Angeles
University of Southern California
University of Utah (formerly of the Mountain West)

Southeastern Conference
The SEC is unchanged.

IMO, putting BYU into the Big XII would be disastrous for them. Everything else seems good. I would probable add and detract some schools out of the SEC to get rid of the "power conference". Maybe throw in Miami and Florida St. Give the Big East or Big Ten Kentucky and the ACC South Carolina.

ironman4579
12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I have two schools of thought on this. Both involve an 8 team playoff. One would involve the champion of each of the 6 major conferences still getting an automatic bid, with the 2 other teams being the highest ranked teams that aren't conference champions. The BCS formula could still be used. The bowl system would not be in place ie. Big 10/Pac 10=Rose Bowl, but the major bowls would still host the playoff games, with the semifinals and final being played on a rotating basis throughout those bowls. The teams would also be seeded based on rankings, with the conference champions being ranked 1-6 based on BCS ranking, and the 2 "at large teams" getting the 7-8 spots. Seedings would also be adjusted each round each round. So that would look like(winners in bold):

#1 OSU vs #8 Missouri
#2 LSU vs #7 Georgia
#3 Virginia Tech vs #6 West Virginia
#4 Oklahoma vs #5 USC

#1 OSU vs #7 Georgia
#3 Virginia Tech vs #4 Oklahoma

#1 OSU vs #4 Oklahoma

The winners were slightly random, and more used to illustrate the way the seeding would change than anything. I think you'd get some good matchups every year, and the #1 and #2 teams would at least get some advantage for ending up ranked #1 and #2 during the regular season by playing an(in theory) easier schedule.

My other thought was to just go with the top 8 teams in the BCS rankings, again with reseeding after each round. The Bowls would remain the same as above, with each major bowl hosting a first round game, and rotatind every year after that. Basically this year the teams would stay mostly the same, with West Virginia being left out, and Kansas coming in. So you'd have:

#1 OSU vs #8 Kansas
#2 LSU vs #7 USC
#3 Virginia Tech vs #6 Missouri
#4 Oklahoma vs #5 Georgia

#1 OSU vs #5 Georgia
#3 Virginia Tech vs #7 USC

#3 Virginia Tech vs #5 Georgia

Again, the winners were generally random to show how the seeding would change, not who I think would necessarily win each game. I think, again, you'd get some good matchups.

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
First things first, we need a +1 game. That will at least be an easy, quick compromise.

fenikz
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
IMO, putting BYU into the Big XII would be disastrous for them. Everything else seems good. I would probable add and detract some schools out of the SEC to get rid of the "power conference". Maybe throw in Miami and Florida St. Give the Big East or Big Ten Kentucky and the ACC South Carolina.

lol I don't think getting rid of Kentucky and South Carolina and replacing them with Miami(5 NCs) and FSU(2 NCs) would get rid of a power conference if anything you just added two of the most winningest programs to an already elite conference

Turtlepower
12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Everyone here is focusing way too much on football when thinking about putting these conferences together. Remember that a conference like the SEC wouldn't want to lose Kentucky because of their basketball history. Seriously, a conference realignment will not and should not happen.

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM

I've read a lot about which conferences would like to re-align and add teams and those that wouldn't. The three conferences that seem the most stable in means of not wanting to add teams are the ACC, Big XII, and SEC. The ACC just recently expanding and would not want to lose any of their current members. The same is true for the SEC as the majority of the schools currently in the conference were there from its inception. The only team from the SEC that flirts with whether to change conferences or not is Arkansas, and then a conference switch for them is a very minor possiblity.

BYU desperately wants to join the BCS and by adding them the Big XII would expand to the Salt Lake City market and the state of Utah as recruiting ground. The loss of Missouri would be big but can be overcome.

Combing both the Mountain West and the WAC with the remaining teams after a big conference expansion would increase the level of competition and also provide for a conference championship game.

Everyone here is focusing way too much on football when thinking about putting these conferences together. Remember that a conference like the SEC wouldn't want to lose Kentucky because of their basketball history. Seriously, a conference realignment will not and should not happen.

This is where you and me disagree. I think a conference realignment is a strong probability especially in the Big 10 and Big East. Conferences have everything to gain by adding x amount of teams in order to get to 12 so that they can have a conference championship. Say what you will about a conference championship game but it does add revenue. Whether you will see a major conference realignment like what happened when the ACC expanded remains to be seen but I think it is a very real possiblity and one that could happen within the decade.

nfrillman
12-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Based on how I think the final BCS rankings should have looked, Hawaii is in due to undefeated status.

Quarterfinals
#1 OU vs #8 Hawaii- Oklahoma
#4 USC vs #5 Georgia- USC
#3 OSU vs #6 Missouri- Missouri
#2 LSU vs #7 VT- LSU

Semi-finals
#1 Oklahoma vs #4 USC- Oklahoma
#2 LSU vs #6 Missouri- Missouri

Championship
#1 Oklahoma vs #6 Missouri- Oklahoma

Tampa 2 4 life
12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
South
South Florida

No way that happens

ironman4579
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I've read a lot about which conferences would like to re-align and add teams and those that wouldn't. The three conferences that seem the most stable in means of not wanting to add teams are the ACC, Big XII, and SEC. The ACC just recently expanding and would not want to lose any of their current members. The same is true for the SEC as the majority of the schools currently in the conference were there from its inception. The only team from the SEC that flirts with whether to change conferences or not is Arkansas, and then a conference switch for them is a very minor possiblity.

BYU desperately wants to join the BCS and by adding them the Big XII would expand to the Salt Lake City market and the state of Utah as recruiting ground. The loss of Missouri would be big but can be overcome.

While I don't see many teams wanting to leave the SEC due to it's national television exposure etc. I think you'd have to at least consider that if Missouri went to the Big 10, Arkansas might go back to the Big 12(SWC, but alot of old SWC teams are in the Big 12, which is why I said "back).

ironman4579
12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Based on how I think the final BCS rankings should have looked, Hawaii is in due to undefeated status.

Quarterfinals
#1 OU vs #8 Hawaii- Oklahoma
#4 USC vs #5 Georgia- USC
#3 OSU vs #6 Missouri- Missouri
#2 LSU vs #7 VT- LSU

Semi-finals
#1 Oklahoma vs #4 USC- Oklahoma
#2 LSU vs #6 Missouri- Missouri

Championship
#1 Oklahoma vs #6 Missouri- Oklahoma

Shocking that you would have 2 Big 12 teams in the NC game. Also shocking that Missouri would make the NCG. Absolutely shocking.

But to me, this scenario would be a huge knock AGAINST a playoff. Everyone moaned and complained last year that they had already seen Michigan/OSU, and that even though it was a close game, we don't want to see it again on a neutral field. Turns out they were right. But if that's the case, why would I want to see Oklahoma/Missouri for a third time, when Oklahoma already beat them by 10 at home, and by 21 on a neutral field?

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
No way that happens

Care to elaborate?

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 06:35 PM
While I don't see many teams wanting to leave the SEC due to it's national television exposure etc. I think you'd have to at least consider that if Missouri went to the Big 10, Arkansas might go back to the Big 12(SWC, but alot of old SWC teams are in the Big 12, which is why I said "back).

That's why I put their name into consideration for moving. If Arkansas were to move into the Big XII with the Missouri moving to the Big 10, then I think the SEC would go after someone like Louisville, West Virginia, Clemson, Georgia Tech (old SEC team), University of Central Florida, USF, or TCU.

ironman4579
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
That's why I put their name into consideration for moving. If Arkansas were to move into the Big XII with the Missouri moving to the Big 10, then I think the SEC would go after someone like Louisville, West Virginia, Clemson, Georgia Tech (old SEC team), University of Central Florida, USF, or TCU.

Out of those, I would think maybe USF, TCU, or Georgia Tech as the most likely?

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Out of those, I would think maybe USF, TCU, or Georgia Tech as the most likely?

That's what I was thinking. More than likely Georgia Tech.

ironman4579
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
That's what I was thinking. More than likely Georgia Tech.

I figured that as well. You make the in state rivalry with Georgia worth more and even more intense, plus they've already been there. I looked at USF as an up and coming program, and possibly a natural rival for Florida. I don't really know why I thought TCU would be one of the most likely, it just seemed to fit.

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I figured that as well. You make the in state rivalry with Georgia worth more and even more intense, plus they've already been there. I looked at USF as an up and coming program, and possibly a natural rival for Florida. I don't really know why I thought TCU would be one of the most likely, it just seemed to fit.

TCU would fit. Their in a crap conference (Mountain West) and have a solid football program and it was also fully open up the state of Texas for recruiting. However, TCU's other athletic programs stink.

YAYareaRB
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
TCU would fit. Their in a crap conference (Mountain West) and have a solid football program and it was also fully open up the state of Texas for recruiting. However, TCU's other athletic programs stink.

If TCU is in a crap conference and they weren't even top 3 in that crap conference, shouldn't they be punished rather than moved up?

diabsoule
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
If TCU is in a crap conference and they weren't even top 3 in that crap conference, shouldn't they be punished rather than moved up?

They have an off-year every other year it seems.

nfrillman
12-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Shocking that you would have 2 Big 12 teams in the NC game. Also shocking that Missouri would make the NCG. Absolutely shocking.

But to me, this scenario would be a huge knock AGAINST a playoff. Everyone moaned and complained last year that they had already seen Michigan/OSU, and that even though it was a close game, we don't want to see it again on a neutral field. Turns out they were right. But if that's the case, why would I want to see Oklahoma/Missouri for a third time, when Oklahoma already beat them by 10 at home, and by 21 on a neutral field?

Does it really matter if anyone would want to see this? This is just what I think would happen. The reason no one wanted to see OSU/Michigan again last year was because in the current system Michigan already had their chance and lost, someone else needed to be given a chance because the system doesn't all for many teams to have a chance to begin with. If a playoff were in place it would figure itself out and no one would care if the NCG was a rematch, because those teams would have gone through a playoff dispatching the other contenders.

Quarterfinals
1. Oklahoma outclasses Hawaii, thus they win
2. USC is clicking on all cylinders, they beat Georgia
3. Big 10 teams cannot stop the spread, Missouri has possibly the best spread in the nation, so Missouri beats OSU
4. LSU already beat the tar out of VT, they win that one

Semi-finals
1. Oklahoma has the best team in the country with a great offense and defense, they outlast USC
2. LSU has not had an impressive dominating win since VT, they play everyone close, Missouri is too good to not bring your A game against, Missouri wins

Championship
Oklahoma has beat Missouri twice, they win

I don't care if that is what anyone wants to see, that is how I see it playing out if the rankings were the way I feel they should be. The only reason Missouri made it that far in my playoff is that they did not face USC. I would have had USC beat them if the seeding had them face each other.

YAYareaRB
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
2. LSU has not had an impressive dominating win since VT, they play everyone close, Missouri is too good to not bring your A game against, Missouri wins

You gotta throw in a No Homer in this one. But it's real laughable though

Turtlepower
12-11-2007, 12:58 AM
You gotta throw in a No Homer in this one. But it's real laughable though

Gotta agree there. Missouri would get stomped by LSU. Sorry, there secondary is just too much for Missouri to handle.

ironman4579
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Does it really matter if anyone would want to see this? This is just what I think would happen. The reason no one wanted to see OSU/Michigan again last year was because in the current system Michigan already had their chance and lost, someone else needed to be given a chance because the system doesn't all for many teams to have a chance to begin with. If a playoff were in place it would figure itself out and no one would care if the NCG was a rematch, because those teams would have gone through a playoff dispatching the other contenders.

Quarterfinals
1. Oklahoma outclasses Hawaii, thus they win
2. USC is clicking on all cylinders, they beat Georgia
3. Big 10 teams cannot stop the spread, Missouri has possibly the best spread in the nation, so Missouri beats OSU
4. LSU already beat the tar out of VT, they win that one

Semi-finals
1. Oklahoma has the best team in the country with a great offense and defense, they outlast USC

Championship
Oklahoma has beat Missouri twice, they win

I don't care if that is what anyone wants to see, that is how I see it playing out if the rankings were the way I feel they should be. The only reason Missouri made it that far in my playoff is that they did not face USC. I would have had USC beat them if the seeding had them face each other.

I'm a homer too, so don't worry about it. I'm just saying, it's a little homerish to say that Missouri beats the #1 and #2 team in the country. As for not wanting to see the game, like I said, it's a reason against a playoff. We've already seen Missouri lose twice by a combined 31 points. You can say that they would have gone through other games to get there, but if they managed to win the game, would anyone really say "well, we know who the best team in the country is at least." I certainly wouldn't, especially after they had already been beaten twice by double digits, once on a neutral field. I just think that a scenario like that would end up being a very good argument against a playoff.

Sniper
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
because in the current system Michigan already had their chance and lost, someone else needed to be given a chance

Since when has give other teams a chance been a requirement?

Sniper
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm a homer too, so don't worry about it. I'm just saying, it's a little homerish to say that Missouri beats the #1 and #2 team in the country. As for not wanting to see the game, like I said, it's a reason against a playoff. We've already seen Missouri lose twice by a combined 31 points. You can say that they would have gone through other games to get there, but if they managed to win the game, would anyone really say "well, we know who the best team in the country is at least." I certainly wouldn't, especially after they had already been beaten twice by double digits, once on a neutral field. I just think that a scenario like that would end up being a very good argument against a playoff.

Did Mizzou beat anyone good? Besides Kansas, who I think was way overrated

ironman4579
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM

No, but TEH WUD ROXXORZZ TEH PUKEYES AND TEH TIGGERS LOLZZZ!1 1k1k

Sniper
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
AND TEH TIGGERS LOLZZZ!1 1k1k

http://web.arizona.edu/~tigger/images/tigger%5B5%5D.jpg

nfrillman
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Did Ohio St beat anyone at all? No. I also seem to recall a Missouri win over Illinois. Who was it that they beat? Oh yeah, Ohio St. Missouri would be a horrendous match-up for Ohio St because they struggle badly against the spread.

As for Missouri-LSU, Missouri very well could lose that game, but there is no denying that LSU has not had a dominating win for months and plays everyone too close. We will never know, but there could be a strong argument made for any of those 8 teams to beat another, besides maybe Hawaii.

Seriously though, Big 10 teams should not be questioning the competition that other teams have played. The pot needs to say hello to the kettle.

Sniper
12-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Did Ohio St beat anyone at all? No. I also seem to recall a Missouri win over Illinois. Who was it that they beat? Oh yeah, Ohio St.

Yeah it's not like Illinois improved drastically or anything.

ironman4579
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah it's not like Illinois improved drastically or anything.

It's also not like Juice Williams was injured partway through the game with Missouri or anything.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Care to elaborate?

The Big East wouldn't take anyone from a terribly weak C-USA conference, Especially a team that got blew out by a 4th Place USF team. Instead of UCF, I'd expect one of the Basketball schools to move up to 1-A.

diabsoule
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
The Big East wouldn't take anyone from a terribly weak C-USA conference, Especially a team that got blew out by a 4th Place USF team. Instead of UCF, I'd expect one of the Basketball schools to move up to 1-A.

None of the basketball schools plan on moving up to 1-A football.

UCF is an up-and-coming program that is competitive in other sports than football. They are already hoping to get an invite to the Big East.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
None of the basketball schools plan on moving up to 1-A football.

UCF is an up-and-coming program that is competitive in other sports than football. They are already hoping to get an invite to the Big East.

I think if you've been consistently beaten badly by a team that's never won the conference, I don't think you can go in that conference...