http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/12/09/week14/4.html

42 players under contract
$23.50 million in cap space

Extend
Shaun McDonald
TJ Duckett
Kevin Jones
Stephen Peterman

I hope they play TJ more to close out the season... he looks great at times. I want to see what we have there.

McDonald is the man... just a shifty little bastard. Lock him up.

It's rumored that KJones wants out. If that's the case, we should trade him before he's an UFA. I love him, but we need something in return.

Oh, and Peterman is an outstanding player. Lock him up.

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM
I hope we feed KJ the ball 20 times a game to give him a reason to consider saying in Detroit.

WMD
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
I think Kevin Jones just wants to get as far away from Mike Martz as possible. We'll extend him next year, assuming Martz is gone after this year.

TacticaLion
12-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I think Kevin Jones just wants to get as far away from Mike Martz as possible. We'll extend him next year, assuming Martz is gone after this year.

I hope Martz leaves. I respect him as a coach, but I don't want him here anymore. Too many poor decisions to keep him around, IMO.

I want an offense built around KJ, TJ and the running game... with CJ, McD and Furrey on the outside. An offense that, if the QB has to pass, encourages him to do so quickly. Kitna has gotten murdered over the last two years, and part of that is the offense.

Keep KJ. Bye bye Martz.

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Who the hell is gonna be our offensive coordinator if Martz is gone?

Kippy Brown?

Scotty D
12-11-2007, 10:48 PM

Kippy Brown?

What kind of offense are we going to have? Would Shaun McDonald be effective in a normal offense?

Xiomera
12-11-2007, 10:54 PM
What kind of offense are we going to have? Would Shaun McDonald be effective in a normal offense?

I think Kitna would be pretty good at an option attack offense.

TacticaLion
12-12-2007, 01:04 AM

Kippy Brown?

Anyone?

There are always coaches available... and I'd rather have a coach that realizes how important running the football is (and how valuable KJones can be).

TacticaLion
12-12-2007, 01:04 AM

SMD (usually) catches consistently, is fast and is great with the ball after the catch... he'll thrive in most offenses.

WMD
12-12-2007, 01:30 AM

Kippy Brown?

How about a freshly fired Brian Billick? Maybe give Russ Grimm a shot.

TacticaLion
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
How about a freshly fired Brian Billick? Maybe give Russ Grimm a shot.

Yep. We'll have options for O Coord... but I just want a coach that will give KJ consistent carries.

detroit4life
12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
i know brian billick was once a great cordinator but im not sure id liek him now. If the ravens had a good offense the past few years theyd have won atleast one su[erbowl with the defense they have but the offense there was just terrible

russ grimm would be interesting

Pocket
12-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm hoping we can build an offense that can get a lead and defend it. The Lions are known for grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again. They can't take time off the clock, they can't play defense. You do both by running the ball. Randy Moss and Tom Brady aren't good enough to score when they are sitting on the sideline.