PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Rumor

Hawk
02-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Pacman Jones was involved in a shooting in Las Vegas. No link yet, but they just said it on the local news.

Dont bash me if this isnt credible

TCU
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
i havent found anything when i searched it.

America
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
No pacman, you are too awesome.

remix 6
02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
http://sportsbybrooks.com/pacman-jones-allegedly-at-center-of-las-vegas-strip-club-shooting-on-nba-all-star-weekend-12291.php

theres some news

^might be fake

but heres soemthing

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6107752

Pit Bull #53
02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
http://www.normclarke.com/

Windy
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

After several months of exemplary behavior, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones might find himself with a new, and potentially serious, legal entanglement.

Per a report on SportsbyBrooks.com, citing a report from Steve Cofield of Sporting News Radio, Jones and/or his entourage could be at the center of a Las Vegas strip club incident that resulted in gunfire on Sunday night, with three people ending up wounded, two of whom are in critical condition.

Jones presently isn't accused of any wrongdoing, and there's no hard evidence that he has done anything wrong. But trouble seems to periodically find Pacman, and we're hardly surprised by this latest development.

Cerni88
02-19-2007, 10:53 PM
pacman is tight. but i'm not shocked that this is news. he's a straight up G. and this stuff happens when your like that.

PalmerToCJ
02-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Hard to believe there's someone more hardcore than Chris Henry :lol:

Henry mostly just does dumb things and messes with weed. Pacman is a gangsta!

AlexDown
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
pacman is tight. but i'm not shocked that this is news. he's a straight up G. and this stuff happens when your like that.

Thanks for making my day.

Pit Bull #53
02-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think it really matters if he was involved in the shooting or not. Being stupid enough to be with a posse that carries automatic weapons to a nightclub is reason enough to show that nothing has changed with him.

TCU
02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
pacman sucks, galaga is such a better game.

but sticking to pacman jones, im not supprised in one way if its true.

Vince Lombardi
02-19-2007, 11:02 PM
You can take Pacman out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of Pacman

GiantRutgersFan
02-19-2007, 11:26 PM
ah Pacman you ******.

If this turns out to be true, is there any way that the Titans dont release him? this is like 4 things in 2 years.....

Should the Chargers and Bengals be on the lookout to sign Pacman????

KILLERSANTA
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
ah Pacman you nice guy.

If this turns out to be true, is there any way that the Titans dont release him? this is like 4 things in 2 years.....

Should the Chargers and Bengals be on the lookout to sign Pacman????

I heard the bengals are working on a trade right now! :lol:

PalmerToCJ
02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
You jokesters are original and just flat out HILARIOUS!

KILLERSANTA
02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
You jokesters are original and just flat out HILARIOUS!

QFT :lol:

njx9
02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

After several months of exemplary behavior, Titans cornerback Pacman Jones might find himself with a new, and potentially serious, legal entanglement.

Per a report on SportsbyBrooks.com, citing a report from Steve Cofield of Sporting News Radio, Jones and/or his entourage could be at the center of a Las Vegas strip club incident that resulted in gunfire on Sunday night, with three people ending up wounded, two of whom are in critical condition.

Jones presently isn't accused of any wrongdoing, and there's no hard evidence that he has done anything wrong. But trouble seems to periodically find Pacman, and we're hardly surprised by this latest development.

ha. "news agency one re-reporting a story from news agency two that was re-run from news agency three that originally read it in the paper three weeks ago told my first grade son's best friend's mother that some things might have happened and that, if they did happen, they could've actually happened like this".

Hines
02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
pacman is a dumbass
he needs to grow up before all his lil millions r gone
man if i was makin the money he is gettin id be a good lil christian boy and **** on my ass all day so i dotn get in trouble
i hope he gets in jail for a few years
along with henry

stupid asses jeperdizin their futures

OzTitan
02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Release Pacman? trade, not release. Even though I think if Fisher can't get through to him no one can, he's still a very good football player. There are almost always teams whiling to take a risk.

GiantRutgersFan
02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
pacman is a dumbass
man if i was makin the money he is gettin id be a good lil christian boy and *********** on my ass all day so i dotn get in trouble
along with henry

I totally agree. First thing I woud do is pay some guy to be my personal sober driver. Then, considering I probably have a sick house, I would stay home most of the time and have people over to my mansion rather then go out to a bar/club....

Then when I went out I would just not be a dumbass and spit on and shoot at people. lol.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
How surprising...

Shiver
02-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Who would have a Vernand Morency sig? :lol:

cunningham06
02-20-2007, 12:16 AM
pacman is a dumbass
man if i was makin the money he is gettin id be a good lil christian boy and *********** on my ass all day so i dotn get in trouble
along with henry

ya herd.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Who would have a Vernand Morency sig? :lol:Why wouldn't you?

themaninblack
02-20-2007, 12:50 AM
As long as Chris Henry doesnt kill/rape/commit high treason ill take him anyday.

02-20-2007, 01:49 AM
As long as Chris Henry doesnt kill/rape/commit high treason ill take him anyday.

The NFL should crack down on players off field problems, i'm tired of these "gangsters".

VoteLynnSwan
02-20-2007, 01:54 AM

The NFL should crack down on players off field problems, i'm tired of these "gangsters".

says the man with a serial killer in his avatar...

hmmmm....

OzTitan
02-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Seems like it is likely a case of a premature report:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS01/702200378/1027/RSS0201

Gun shots at club + Pacman attending = OMG speculative news story!

It's amazing how trouble seems to follow him around, he should probably take his own advice about only going out to quiet spots, but really, I couldn't care less what happens around him or what people associated with him do, as long as he stays out of prison and focuses on football during the season, that's good enough for me.

ricky bobby
02-20-2007, 07:48 AM
He actually played well this season. Character is very important in the scouting process for just that reason. That is why I don't want Brandon Merriweather in this year's draft even though many of my fellow giant fans do. Thugs are egotistical, violent and don't have the proper equipment upstairs. Why on earth would you give that kind of guy millions of dollars? Those millions don't make them change for the better, but more likely for the worse. PacMan will be out of the league in a year.

ricky bobby
02-20-2007, 07:51 AM

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS01/702200378/1027/RSS0201

It's amazing how trouble seems to follow him around, he should probably take his own advice about only going out to quiet spots, but really, I couldn't care less what happens around him or what people associated with him do, as long as he stays out of prison and focuses on football during the season, that's good enough for me.
That's a biased point of view on your side. It's more like...

Wow there are gun shots everywhere Adam Jones goes. They should bann him from nightclubs alltogether.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-20-2007, 10:22 AM

Pacman wishes he was gangsta but he aint nothin but a rich wanksta tryin to be hard, it will catch up to him karma is a female dog.

amiyahomiojs
02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
There goes a pro-bowl caliber career.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Let's all go to a strip club in Las Vegas and since we're rich we'll throw a bunch of singles at the dancers, Why singles? You're rich, if you don't need em what's the dancer gonna do with em? Buy a new outfit? What's the thinking behind this? Why throw her singles when you can buy her? (I'm talking about Nelly and Jermaine Dupri here) That's uckin stupid, it's amazing what people think is "cool".

yourfavestoner
02-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Why do you think it's necessary to impose your morals on other peoples' lives. Like OztTitan said, there is nothing more than speculation right now anyways.

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM

He's a dumbass is what he is. All that "I'm a gangsta" stuff is completely idiotic. If you think you're cool for being a "gangsta" or a "g" then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking it's cool to spend all your time on the streets fighting and shooting people is an incredibly stupid way to live your life.

Pit Bull #53
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Ok, so he had nothing to do with it. He was just there at a private party, and a fight broke out between the strippers and it escalated into gunfire. Says police only wanted to talk to Pacman as a witness to the altercation and not as a suspect.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=54723

yourfavestoner
02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok, so he had nothing to do with it. He was just there at a private party, and a fight broke out between the strippers and it escalated into gunfire. Says police only wanted to talk to Pacman as a witness to the altercation and not as a suspect.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=54723

And this is exactly why you don't jump to conclusions.

Cerni88
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM

He's a dumbass is what he is. All that "I'm a gangsta" stuff is completely idiotic. If you think you're cool for being a "gangsta" or a "g" then I feel sorry for you.

Thinking it's cool to spend all your time on the streets fighting and shooting people is an incredibly stupid way to live your life.

going on the internet and judging ppl for making jokes is a stupid way to live your life too. just cause i'm ballin don't mean you gots to be jealous.

Pit Bull #53
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM

True, but as a Titans fan, it's hard not to when you see things like this pop up, especially since it's almost become a regular occurance. If you look back at all the stuff he's done, though, he's been convicted of almost next to nothing, but he's always around these sort of situations.

yourfavestoner
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM

True, but as a Titans fan, it's hard not to when you see things like this pop up, especially since it's almost become a regular occurance. If you look back at all the stuff he's done, though, he's been convicted of almost next to nothing, but he's always around these sort of situations.

Eh..if he always happens to be around it, then that's the lifestyle he has chosen. Like I said before, I can't expect anybody else to live their life according to my set of morals, especially when he's rarely involved.

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 01:52 PM

going on the internet and judging ppl for making jokes is a stupid way to live your life too. just cause i'm ballin don't mean you gots to be jealous.

:lol:

OMG, that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Sig quote.

Might want to learn english before you post as well. "gots" is not a word.

So you're proud to pretend like you're a "g" or a "gangsta?" You are a sad, sad little man. I pity you actually.

So you support killing people and being a criminal? Is that what I'm understanding?

kafb86
02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/20/bc.fbn.titans.jones.ap/index.html

he was just a witness

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow him and Chris Henry really represent West Virginia proudly???

Cerni88
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM

So you're proud to pretend like you're a "g" or a "gangsta?" You are a sad, sad little man. I pity you actually.

So you support killing people and being a criminal? Is that what I'm understanding?

dude, you're way out of line here. no i don't condone killing ppl and being a criminal. i never said that. i did say i was making a joke. that was hilarious, obviously not to you because you probably aren't cool like that. and no i'm not pretending to be a "g" or a "gangsta", i'm just havin fun and saying what i want. hopefully we can learn from this, so we can be bro's...you dig?

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM

dude, you're way out of line here. no i don't condone killing ppl and being a criminal. i never said that. i did say i was making a joke. that was hilarious, obviously not to you because you probably aren't cool like that. and no i'm not pretending to be a "g" or a "gangsta", i'm just havin fun and saying what i want. hopefully we can learn from this, so we can be bro's...you dig?

Um you never said you were joking from what I can read above. If you could, please bold the parts where it is clearly stating that you were joking.

There are no points in your posts were I could remotely understand that it was just for fun.

Cerni88
02-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Um you never said you were joking from what I can read above. If you could, please bold the parts where it is clearly stating that you were joking.

There are no points in your posts were I could remotely understand that it was just for fun.

besides that your right, no other spots to suggest i was joking. but thanks for the whole that was funny as hell sig quote thing and then actually doing it.

sweetness34
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM

besides that your right, no other spots to suggest i was joking. but thanks for the whole that was funny as hell sig quote thing and then actually doing it.

edge 1...sweetness 0. Didn't see that part, I guess I misread. Still it's a funny thing to put as a sig quote. :lol:

smittyjs
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
He actually played well this season. Character is very important in the scouting process for just that reason. That is why I don't want Brandon Merriweather in this year's draft even though many of my fellow giant fans do. Thugs are egotistical, violent and don't have the proper equipment upstairs. Why on earth would you give that kind of guy millions of dollars? Those millions don't make them change for the better, but more likely for the worse. PacMan will be out of the league in a year.Doubt it, still love him as a pick, wasn't like we didn't know he had troubles at WVU. I don't see how he will be out of the league in a year, Hell Ray Lewis and leonard little are still in the NFL and plenty of other "thugs". It really doesn't bother me what he does off the field, but he will never get the respect that he deserves and he does deserve respect for his play on the football field.

Hawk
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow him and Chris Henry really represent West Virginia proudly???

oh yea they were roommates :lol:

Hawk
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Who would have a Vernand Morency sig? :lol:

a kickass Vernand Morency sig at that

jetsfan3
02-20-2007, 06:49 PM

Thank you! I've been looking for a good sig quote for forever.

Staubach12
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Look, this is getting blown WAY out of proprotion. He was a whitness of a crime, big deal!

ckr50702
02-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Very sad if it's true, considering how good Pacman is.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4494/newbcardinals5wp.jpg

pierce2walker
02-20-2007, 11:22 PM
People just overreact and inflate everything because its Pacman Jones...its similar to Bob Knight...earlier this year when Knight just bopped a kid on the chin to get attention...if it was any other coach it would have been nothing, nobody would even know about it, but since it was Knight it was a headliner on Sportscenter...people need to relax and get the whole story...not just "Pacman was at a shooting at a club, oh my God he shot someone"

yourfavestoner
02-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Did you not read the last two pages of the thread?

Shiver
02-21-2007, 12:29 AM
He bit the bouncer in the ankle.. :lol:

OzTitan
02-21-2007, 02:54 AM

That's a biased point of view on your side. It's more like...

Wow there are gun shots everywhere Adam Jones goes. They should bann him from nightclubs alltogether.

No, actually, I would say it isn't bias and a thread like this is clear evidence of that. People are coming in on page 3 still thinking he did something. People automatically assume stuff with Pacman now, there's no denying that. Not saying he's not responsible for that, it's just a fact.

Every early report did a great job of very subtly making Jones the focus when it appears he was nothing but a witness. They mention Nelly, Dupree etc but not in the same fashion they mentioned Jones. Some reports went as far as to say shots were fired from the area Jones was in, talk about speculation. Even if it turns out he did do something stupid, the reports would have said the same thing if he was nothing but a witness.

The same thing happened before with gun shots and Pacman leaving the scene at a petrol station at 3am in the morning. It turns out he fled the scene because someone was firing a weapon and he wanted to get out of there, but the initial speculation was amazing.

FuzzyGopher
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
From PFT (take it for what it's worth)

PACMAN OUT OF CHANCES?

The Poobah has been in trial again today, so what better way to get back into the flow than to talk about a guy who soon will likely be on trial?

Pacman Jones.

The story, which is now everywhere, is amazing. The talk coming out of Indy, where scouts and agents are convening for the combine, is that Jones might finally have found himself in a situation from which he won't be able to extricate himself.

And we're thinking seriously about adding a catch-all category to Turd Watch.

The situation started when Jones threw hundreds of dollar bills into the air at a Vegas strip club on Sunday. One of the dancers apparently didn't realize that Pacman doesn't want them to actually retrieve the dollar bills until he gives them the green light. So Pacman allegedly grabbed her hair and slammed her head against the stage.

A fight ensued, and there are reports that Jones ended up going Mike Tyson on someone's ankle. Jones also allegedly threatened to kill one of the guards at the club, and then one of the guys Jones was allegedly with then tried to do it, by opening fire.

One of the persons hit by gunfire is now permanently paralyzed from the waist down.

We thought that Jones had turned things around after getting a last chance from the Titans. The only question now? Whether the Titans really meant it.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
It's just anothe case of whitey trying to hold him down.

Play on playa'!!

OzTitan
02-21-2007, 11:58 PM
What PFT fail to mention is this recount was from the club's co-owner, who then went on to say in a radio interview that the stripper Pacman apparently assaulted left town and likely won't be pursuing any charges because she is a "friend" of his. He then also mentioned the video footage in his $9M strip club is low in quality.

It's obviously all very confusing and won't be solved by Internet articles and rumor websites who steal from said articles.

Fickdog
02-22-2007, 07:02 AM
OzTitan

Do you really think that extra info helps PacMans case???? Don't waste your time defending scum.

OzTitan
02-22-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm not defending him, I'm defending the phenomena known as "early assumptions". For example, check out the latest report:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2007/Feb-22-Thu-2007/news/12741485.html

Slightly different story there. Still lots of Q's about Jones' involvement and knowledge of the shooter, but things like this take a while for facts to emerge.

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 11:08 AM
He beat some woman up and then someone he was talking to got shot; he's such as solid professional?

Jughead10
02-22-2007, 12:01 PM
On a side note the NBA weekend in Vegas was apparently totally out of control in general. Along with the All Star game the NBA brought a bunch of thugs to Vegas with it. They had almost three times as many arrests as they did on their second to worst two day period which is New Years.

JustJoe2k5
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
On a side note the NBA weekend in Vegas was apparently totally out of control in general. Along with the All Star game the NBA brought a bunch of thugs to Vegas with it. They had almost three times as many arrests as they did on their second to worst two day period which is New Years.

They talked about this on ESPN Radio last night, apparently there were about 350 arrests in Las Vegas over the All-Star weekend.

smittyjs
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
He beat some woman up and then someone he was talking to got shot; he's such as solid professional?From what i heard he wasn't the one who hit the stripper(a friend of his), but he did have some words with a guard trying to break it up.

smittyjs
02-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Pacman is the only person that would carry 81 grand on him to a strip club :lol:

weezer1195
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe someone can clear this up for me. I read the article on ESPN.com and I just dont get it. So he was throwing money at the strippers...but he wanted it back? WTF. He was just throwing the money around "for visual effect". So after throwin 81,000 dollars in the air he expected to get it back? Whatever the case he is a complete and utter moron.

Im liking Pacman less and less. People act shocked when athletes are a victime of violence, which is becoming more common, and then stories like this come out. The quote from his hearing where he vows to keep a low profile after being cleared in another case is hilarious. Such irony in that next thing you know he is at a night club throwing thousands of dollars at strippers.

Can we all agree that Pacman has issues? I dont think these are all coincidences that he is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. If one day I wake up and the espn headline is "Pacman Jones shot" I wont be surprised or shed a tear.

SimonRath
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I would love to trade for Adam If i were the Falcons GM......... If he didn't have any off field troubles.. but then again the Titans wouldnt trade him

TheChampIsHere
02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
It doesnt seem like Pac-Man did anything that wrong, just went to stripclub with a lot of money and havin a good time and then some1 stole some if it or something and things got crazy and someone, we dont know who, started shooting. But even though Pacman didnt do anything that bad, and never shot at anyone, like some people have said he did, he needs to realize the environment that these clubs are and what happens and just try to stay out of those situations, especially considering his legal problems. All of it has come from incidents at the club.

ckr50702
02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
You can take Pacman out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of Pacman

100% agreed.

weezer1195
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
the way the article put it his money wasnt stolen but rather gathered up after he threw it at the strippers.

wingboy2999
02-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Because Pacman made it rain with 81 grand.... he is my hero.

jetsfan3
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Pacman is the only person that would carry 81 grand on him to a strip club :lol:

smittyjs
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Because Pacman made it rain with 81 grand.... he is my hero.i agree

ckr50702
02-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Did you not read the last two pages of the thread?

What do you mean?

THIZZorDIE
02-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Make it Rain was probably the song, so Pac-Man felt he had no choice, lol. I hope something comes out about whether that song was playing or not. 81 G's,... Ballin!

Jughead10
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Apparently the police are still obviously investigating this. Apparently there were witnesses who heard Pacman shouting out the bouncer "you'll be dead by the end of tonight" before leaving the club. Shortly after a car drove by and shot him and two other people.

tom
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Apparently the police are still obviously investigating this. Apparently there were witnesses who heard Pacman shouting out the bouncer "you'll be dead by the end of tonight" before leaving the club. Shortly after a car drove by and shot him and two other people.

Well, maybe he did shoot a bouncer, or have him shot. That's not really relevant to football, the trade rumor is, so I'm wondering what y'all think about this trade talk. Pacman for a third. I'd take him for the steelers... I don't really like bouncers that much.

remix 6
02-23-2007, 05:26 PM

2 West Virginia thugs on the same team is not right. na uh

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Over/under one month until he's wearing black and orange stripes?

soybean
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Thank you! I've been looking for a good sig quote for forever.

hahahaha, i love it edge.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Did you just hear that on the radio today? I heard on 660 a relative of the bouncer break down the whole scenario. If what he says is true, not only should Pacman not be in the NFL, he should be in jail.

Now this is all "allegedly" so take it for what its worth.

The shooter sat next to Pacman the whole time, and they were chatting it up and what not during the party.

Pacman, and 7 witnesses confirmed this, said to the bouncer that he'd be dead by the end of the night.

Pacman has hired Ray Lewis's attorney.

So wow, if all of this is true, put the man in jail. What a waste of talent, he has potential to be a top 5 corner in the league, but he can't get his head out of his ass. Shame, absolute shame. I hope if this is all true, that the NFL doesn't back him up and let's him face jail time as an example to the rest of the league. Alot of these guys need to learn that theyre not invincible. The NFL needs to stop sweeping these issues under the rug and take a firm stance against this nonsense.

Jughead10
02-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Did you just hear that on the radio today? I heard on 660 a relative of the bouncer break down the whole scenario. If what he says is true, not only should Pacman not be in the NFL, he should be in jail.

Now this is all "allegedly" so take it for what its worth.

The shooter sat next to Pacman the whole time, and they were chatting it up and what not during the party.

Pacman, and 7 witnesses confirmed this, said to the bouncer that he'd be dead by the end of the night.

Pacman has hired Ray Lewis's attorney.

So wow, if all of this is true, put the man in jail. What a waste of talent, he has potential to be a top 5 corner in the league, but he can't get his head out of his ass. Shame, absolute shame. I hope if this is all true, that the NFL doesn't back him up and let's him face jail time as an example to the rest of the league. Alot of these guys need to learn that theyre not invincible. The NFL needs to stop sweeping these issues under the rug and take a firm stance against this nonsense.

Yeah I heard the guy call in too. It was an on old guy and he was shaken up. I see no reason why he would make that all up.

Shiver
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Supposedly he slammed a stripper's head into the stage, then hit her in the face. This guy needs to be wearing an orange jersey, not an NFL jersey.

njx9
02-23-2007, 06:54 PM
if all of this is true, screw the NFL sending a message. the bloody judicial system needs to send a message. put the man in jail, end of discussion. put him there without bail or chance of parole until LONG after his playing days would be behind him. the guy doesn't just belong out of the nfl, he belongs as far away from society as humanly possible.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Supposedly he slammed a stripper's head into the stage, then hit her in the face. This guy needs to be wearing an orange jersey, not an NFL jersey.

Yeah, he roughed her up, then the bouncer grabbed him. Thats when he told the bouncer that he'd be dead by the end of the night.

Seriously, how can a man with so much talent just throw it away like that?

Some people....you can't hand them a life. They find ways to screw it up.

Philliez01
02-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree with BBD, njx and the rest; this is just a shame and a horrible situation for Pacman, the Titans and the NFL. I feel that he if this was an average Joe that this situation MIGHT be quite different. If all the things he did were true, he needs help and to be behind bars. Add in that his record isn't exactly squeaky clean too.

Pit Bull #53
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
It's a shame that someone with that much ability has the IQ of a rock. He could turn out to be a massive waste of talent if he doesn't grow the hell up and get his act straight.

dazuck
02-23-2007, 09:10 PM

What are you talking about? Pacman isn't on the Bengals yet :lol:

If he gets his act together (doubt it), I would like to see the Redskins go after him.

Plus, Gibbs only takes guys who are good, class act guys. Pacman is not :(

Pit Bull #53
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I do think this does need to be said, though. The guy making all these claims, the club's co-owner, was not even present at the club that night, and said he is basing his claims on his "own investigation," so that is hardly a legit source. He also said that the outside surveillance camera, where the shooting took place, had blown a circuit and that the video is not available. Everything that has come out to this point is sketchy, and is nothing more than rumors and allegations....so far. I'm gonna wait until the "truth" comes out before I comment further on this.

Number 10
02-23-2007, 09:26 PM
If he had anything to do with this, Goodell needs to dish him a year suspension without pay.

zoinks
02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
An awful lot of people are stating as fact the club owner's version of the story, and completely disregarding the series of events as described in the police report.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing the LVPD's investigation was probably a bit more thorough and reliable than the words of an absentee club owner.

And let's be honest, here....as a former professional musician, I've been acquainted with numerous nightclub owners in my life. Generally speaking, these guys are a bunch of sleazy, self-important, two-faced dirtbags with negligible moral fiber....a bunch of cokeheads, for the most part. I seriously doubt the character of ownership improves as you move from nightclubs into strip clubs.

I've also heard rumors that the club owner is deliberately trying to place the blame squarely on Pacman, in hopes of deflecting any potential liability issues and lawsuits that may be coming his way.

I'm not trying to say Pacman is a victim, here....the guy's an absolute idiot, and has been a problem child from day one. But before we blindly accept the club owner's version of events, let us consider the source. This guy isn't worried about the truth or giving an accurate description of that evening's events....he's worried about his own *ss getting in a sling, nothing more.

I strongly suggest ignoring ESPN's rather slanted version of events, and reading instead the articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal....they seem to give the most even-handed and unbiased account of the incident, and suggest very strongly that there were no good guys or bad guys involved, here.....the whole incident was nothing more than a bunch of lowlifes doing what they do best, and things got terribly out of control.

smittyjs
02-23-2007, 11:26 PM

What are you talking about? Pacman isn't on the Bengals yet :lol:

If he gets his act together (doubt it), I would like to see the Redskins go after him.

Plus, Gibbs only takes guys who are good, class act guys. Pacman is not :(ST??

GiantRutgersFan
02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I heard on FAN today that the money was counterfeit?

OzTitan
02-24-2007, 01:32 AM
An awful lot of people are stating as fact the club owner's version of the story, and completely disregarding the series of events as described in the police report.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing the LVPD's investigation was probably a bit more thorough and reliable than the words of an absentee club owner.

And let's be honest, here....as a former professional musician, I've been acquainted with numerous nightclub owners in my life. Generally speaking, these guys are a bunch of sleazy, self-important, two-faced dirtbags with negligible moral fiber....a bunch of cokeheads, for the most part. I seriously doubt the character of ownership improves as you move from nightclubs into strip clubs.

I've also heard rumors that the club owner is deliberately trying to place the blame squarely on Pacman, in hopes of deflecting any potential liability issues and lawsuits that may be coming his way.

I'm not trying to say Pacman is a victim, here....the guy's an absolute idiot, and has been a problem child from day one. But before we blindly accept the club owner's version of events, let us consider the source. This guy isn't worried about the truth or giving an accurate description of that evening's events....he's worried about his own *ss getting in a sling, nothing more.

I strongly suggest ignoring ESPN's rather slanted version of events, and reading instead the articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal....they seem to give the most even-handed and unbiased account of the incident, and suggest very strongly that there were no good guys or bad guys involved, here.....the whole incident was nothing more than a bunch of lowlifes doing what they do best, and things got terribly out of control.

Well said, this is exactly what I've been trying to advocate myself.

It may seem only a few Titans fans are on the fence here when it appears clearly obvious Pacman did something stupid, but remember we've been through this many times before already and the initial reports are ALWAYS sensationalized and inaccurate to a degree with Pacman's past incidents.

yourfavestoner
02-24-2007, 01:41 AM

Well said, this is exactly what I've been trying to advocate myself.

It may seem only a few Titans fans are on the fence here when it appears clearly obvious Pacman did something stupid, but remember we've been through this many times before already and the initial reports are ALWAYS sensationalized and inaccurate to a degree with Pacman's past incidents.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

niel89
02-24-2007, 02:26 AM
bengals are getting a trade set up as we speak. trading 2 staightlaced players for Pacman.

But not Carson. no they are making sure Carson doesnt file his taxes correctly and get the IRS involved. Get him some real rep so his teamates can identify with him.

here the future bungle:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/pacman.jpg

Shiver
02-24-2007, 02:37 AM
That wasn't played out already, at all. :roll:

rickscott
02-24-2007, 04:04 AM
I actually think the Bengals have finally learned their lesson and they will be drafting Boy Scouts this year. Pacman does belong in jail. Some of these guys, including Chris Henry need a slap upside their head to realize what they are throwing away. Pacman will be nailed for this one, probably get about 50 community hours.

njx9
02-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I actually think the Bengals have finally learned their lesson and they will be drafting Boy Scouts this year. Pacman does belong in jail. Some of these guys, including Chris Henry need a slap upside their head to realize what they are throwing away. Pacman will be nailed for this one, probably get about 50 community hours.

you call community service getting "nailed"? seriously?

also, for those titans fans whining because everyone is "jumping to conclusions", one would assume you noticed all of the "If true"s that've been attached to nearly every single post about the situation worth responding to. because you sound like you're rushing to the assumption that pacman didn't do anything and that this is all sensationalism, which is just as stupid as assuming he did it.

OzTitan
02-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Well, um, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not rushing to the assumption he did nothing, lol. I'm not rushing to any assumption - I think that's the point.

GiantRutgersFan
02-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Pacman now is linked to a drug dealer.

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/drug-dealers-are-terrible-character-witnesses-239985.php

Pacmans drug dealer said on audiotape:

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other ****," Daryl Moore said. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now.' Fisher's being as patient a ****** as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win ... He ain't putting up with that ****."

Lol. when a big time drug dealer is giving you sound advice, you know you have problems

pacman32
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/70228022

mrpotamus
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/70228022

That whole story comes from his PUBLICIST. What do you expect. He got beat up because he was hitting a stripper. The club owner has little motivation to lie, and has watched the whole thing on video tape. He claimed that they have video tape of the shooter with Pacman. That is pretty hard to refute.

roidrunner
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
being with the shooter really cant do much legally. maybe he will get an accomplis to assault with a deadly weapon. all it really does speak not so highly on his choice of friends. but hitting the stripper is something completely different.

Shiver
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
The Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070228/SPORTS01/702280465/1002/SPORTS)

Robert Jones loves his nephew, Pacman.

Over the years, Robert said, he's done his best to advise Pacman and lead him in the right direction. But their relationship has been more distant of late, largely because their conversations haven't been on topics Titans cornerback Pacman Jones wanted anything to do with.

"Everybody tries to talk to him," Robert Jones said. "I do. His mother talks to him, his grandparents talk to him. I don't know, I just think he is out of control. I've told him I think he is out of damn control, but he doesn't want to hear it.

"I hate to say things on the negative because I want to see him do good. But it is hard to see him keep getting involved in stuff like this. ''

Pacman Jones' latest brush with trouble he was at the scene of a triple shooting in Las Vegas on Feb. 19 and has been accused of being a friend of the shooter by the co-owner of the strip club where the incident occurred wasn't talked about much during a birthday party Jones attended in Atlanta over the weekend, according to three relatives who were present.

The party was for Jones' daughter, Zaniyah, who turned 1 last Thursday. Las Vegas police haven't identified a suspect in the case. Jones was interviewed, but it was as a witness and not a suspect, his attorneys said.

"The baby was the main focus of the weekend, and he was real happy for his baby. But deep down inside I can see a little fear in him,'' said Willie Louise Davis, Pacman's grandmother. "Deep down in my heart, I know he didn't do any of this. I can tell when he is guilty. I can tell when he does something he isn't supposed to do. I know Pacman, and I know he didn't do this.''

Jones has since returned to Nashville to have the stitches removed from a shoulder that was operated on earlier this month and to begin rehabilitation.

In recent days his attorneys have declined to comment on the case. Several of his teammates returned calls to The Tennessean but indicated they didn't want their voice in a story about the controversial cornerback, who has been involved in eight incidents since the team drafted him in the first round of the 2005 draft.

Jones has not returned calls to The Tennessean since the incident in Las Vegas.

Advice 'on deaf ears'

Some of his family members contacted Tuesday said they are concerned about his future, largely because of a past that has some of those around him frustrated and wondering what they can do to make a bigger difference.

Robert Jones talked to Pacman Jones about the incident in Las Vegas.

Robert Susnar, co-owner of the club, said Jones started a melee by throwing money into the air, and he reacted angrily when some of the dancers tried to pick it up. Susnar said Jones threatened one of the security guards, and later a man he was with came back and opened fire outside the club, hitting three people, paralyzing one.

"He said it's going to show he wasn't involved, but maybe he is putting himself in the position to getting the criticism he gets. That is just being real,'' said Robert Jones, 41, who's in the trucking business in Atlanta. "I have told him about trying to be in the right place at the right time so much instead of always being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it kind of goes on deaf ears.

"I told him: 'You don't have to try and prove your guilt or innocence to me. All I want you to do is understand you are putting yourself in bad situations, and putting the Titans in bad situations.' I understand he is young and he wants to have fun and all, but sometimes he has to take into consideration the places he's at and the things he's doing.''

Robert Jones said his nephew is aware of the consequences of his actions but doesn't seem too worried.

Claude Jones said he believes people have a wrong opinion of his grandson, and Robert Jones said his nephew "really is a good person.''

"It is just bad that he puts himself in bad situations every time he goes out. I don't want to say every time, but 2 out of 10 times you go out something is going on," Robert Jones said.

"It just seems like it doesn't dawn on him about where he is at and what he is doing until the police have been called or it is in the papers, until the (expletive) has done got out of hand. It is just kind of crazy to me the stuff he goes through that could've been avoided.''

Bad crowd blamed

Jones had an entourage of people with him at the strip club last week, according to Susnar, who accused one of those in Jones' group for being responsible for the shooting.

Claude Jones said his grandson needs to change his company.

"We are all worried about his future because it gives a bad impression of him, the things happening,'' Claude Jones said. "Overall, he just seems to be hanging with the wrong people. The hangers-on just seem to keep staying around him and bringing him down.''

Robert Jones said his nephew needs to learn a lesson from some of his teammates, naming linebacker Keith Bulluck as a player who knows how to handle himself and as someone Jones could learn a lot from.

"When those cats come to a party or club, they sit down and have themselves a good time, and then they go home," Jones said. "Pacman just draws attention to himself with the way he carries himself. He goes into clubs with six cats that call themselves 'security.' Well, what kind of attention do you think that's going get? He doesn't need all that. They know he's there, but he has all these cats surrounding him like he's the Buddha or somebody.

"And a lot of people around him don't have his best interest at heart. I tell him, just like I'm telling you, but he'll leave me or go on out the room when I am talking to him. He knows right and wrong, I guarantee you that. But he just thinks the dollar bill can get you out of everything. Well, the dollar bill isn't always going to get you out of this (expletive)."

His dad died young

Pacman Jones is due to turn 24 on Sept. 30.

His grandmother has been counting the years since he was just 5, when Pacman's father her son Adam was shot in the back of the head and killed.

"He is the only child my son had, and I worry every day about him. I got this age number if he can just make it to 26, I think he'll be OK," Willie Louise Davis said. "But his daddy didn't make it past 26. I worry, and I hope and pray that (Pacman) can go beyond that and many, many more years. Me and his mother both talk about that all the time.''

Robert Jones said he hopes his nephew will change his ways before it's too late.

His career, and his life, may depend on it.

"I have told him a thousand times he is no bigger than that game, and that game is going to keep going with or without him. Whether he is taking this seriously, I can't really say," Robert Jones said. "But he is going to have to change, and I don't know if he ever will.''

yourfavestoner
02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I've never understood the fascination with strip clubs - especially for people with money.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I've never understood the fascination with strip clubs - especially for people with money.
I think more than anything else, it's a place to be seen...he's probably more fascinated with the rapper, thug image.

moc182
02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm really surprised people aren't more outraged by this. This whole situation has gotten me madder than I've been in a long time. If this stuff turns out to be true, he as no place in this league, or on this earth for that matter.

njx9
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, um, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not rushing to the assumption he did nothing, lol. I'm not rushing to any assumption - I think that's the point.

no, the point was that you (and other titans fans, odd that it's only been titans fans) were getting angry at everyone else for rushing to judgement, when nearly every post by someone credible started with some variation of "if true".

smittyjs
02-28-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm really surprised people aren't more outraged by this. This whole situation has gotten me madder than I've been in a long time. If this stuff turns out to be true, he as no place in this league, or on this earth for that matter.
I can't trust the Club owners information about what went down and i can't trust the lawyers for Pacman, so i will just let LVP police handle this. Why get mad over this, it happen everyseason with different players, no need to get worked up about it.

OzTitan
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
no, the point was that you (and other titans fans, odd that it's only been titans fans) were getting angry at everyone else for rushing to judgement, when nearly every post by someone credible started with some variation of "if true".

Keyword there being "nearly".

Not sure about anyone else but I don't really recall getting angry at anyone jumping to conclusions (I don't recall getting angry at all???), maybe people accusing me of blindly siding with Pacman when all I was trying to do was remind people of the circumstances of the initial reports, but not simply because some people came in the thread, made their judgment with a "if he did it" qualifier and left.

OzTitan
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
That whole story comes from his PUBLICIST. What do you expect. He got beat up because he was hitting a stripper. The club owner has little motivation to lie, and has watched the whole thing on video tape. He claimed that they have video tape of the shooter with Pacman. That is pretty hard to refute.

And yet the Police would have the same video and have yet to act on it. Sure are taking their time.

The club owner said the video is low resolution, which I find amazing given the advances in video technology these days, so even if it was captured as the owner tells it, it could be useless.

niel89
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Well I hear that with a large amounts of single one can "make it rain." Said action is supposedly "off the hizzy."