PDA

View Full Version : jonathan stewart

foozball
12-11-2007, 12:52 AM
exactly how good is he? he's got size and speed. how powerful of a runner is he? why hasnt he rushed for 1000 yards before this year? strenghts/weaknesses? how big is the difference between him and mcfadden?

Solomon
12-11-2007, 02:05 AM
exactly how good is he? he's got size and speed. how powerful of a runner is he? why hasnt he rushed for 1000 yards before this year? strenghts/weaknesses? how big is the difference between him and mcfadden?

I think Stewart is very good. Not Mcfadden good but not that far behind either. If he works out as well as people expect he should be gone by the midway point of round 1. Stewart is very powerful and can break tackles and punish defenders.

There are a couple reasons he hasn't rushed for 1000 yards until this year. In 2005 he was a freshman, most true freshman (even highly touted ones) don't see much of the field. He still scored 9 TDs on just 72 touches and was statistically the top kickoff returner in the country. Last year in 2006, he was only 19 yds short of 1000 and had nagging injuries through most of the year.

People forget how young he is. Stewart is 3 MONTHS older than Knowshon Moreno, looking at it from that perspective he's already accomplished much.

Strengths/Weaknesses? His biggest strength is his size/speed ratio. He's 230lbs and is rumored to run a sub 4.4 40. He displays fantastic burst on the field and hits the hole with power. He can also double as a returner. As far as weakness go, his vision could use some work, and occasionally he dances in the backfield and gets snuffed out by defenders. As far as a pro comparison goes, the best I can think of right now is Ronnie Brown.

thule
12-11-2007, 02:13 AM
quit making threads...haven't your broken a forum rule or something...

thule
12-11-2007, 02:15 AM
I don't see ronnie brown at all...if anything with those thighs I see a Maurice Jones-Drew....they have similar buillds...although I think Stewart has a bigger core to build on....

I'm also not buying those sub 4.4's yet....I think anything under a 4.45 will surprise...but I don't see anything under a 4.4

NYGibril28
12-11-2007, 07:03 AM

why does it matter? He's not making pointless threads. He's trying to learn about the prospects.

BuddyCHRIST
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
He's a nice RB prospect but I don't think he's even close to on McFadden's level. He's got the great physical tools, but I don't think he's as fast as everyone says. He was a 4.5 guy in HS and doesn't look 4.3 fast on the field. And for everytime someone brings up the wild hog and McFadden stats, Stewart ran out of a spread where teams were focusing on a Heisman caliber QB. While McFadden had everyone focusing on him.

foozball
12-11-2007, 09:46 AM

why? isnt that the point of a message board? to make threads?

thule
12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
why? isnt that the point of a message board? to make threads?

ya...but there is a search button for a reason....try this
Jonanthan Stewart (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13482&highlight=jonathan+stewart)
or this
Where does Jonathan Stewart Rank (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13134&highlight=jonathan+stewart)

That is only 2 that I found in about 2 mins.

Don't even count the fact that about 100 other threads came up with relations to JR. RB's and rankings and top jr.s all in which Stewart is discussed...I'm just sick of seeing seemingly 3 or 4 new threads a day from you...when a lot of this stuff has already been discussed. Your like that 14 year old kid that ask's question after question in 8th grade...

foozball
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM
ive made 7 new threads since the 1st

A Perfect Score
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
i think stewart can be better then mcfadden...think jamal lewis before the cocaine deals and the ridiculous carries...both 5'11, 230, sub 4.4 speed. Yeah, Stewart has skills. Plus, hes built like a tank and has some ridiculous weight room stats. His vision leaves a bit to be desired, but that can be worked on. You cant teach those measurables.

Babylon
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Very hard to get a read right now on Stewart, although i will cut to the chase and say he doesnt get by the Seattle pick. He's had some trouble with injuries that have slowed him down a bit and i'm not buying the 4.4 speed, although i guess it wouldnt shock me. I've seen games where he's frankly looked like Emmett Smith and others where he's looked average. For some reason he didnt look good after Dixon went out but maybe that was to be expected. I think the combine will be important for evalutating Jonathon Stewart.

Travis 24
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I heard the 4.4 talk of Stewart, then I watched him play..and I don't believe that for a second. I think a 4.55 is about what he'll run, and I would be kinda surprised if he even runs in the 4.4's..

He is a hell of a back though..not trying to take anything away from him

stephenson86
12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
i want my titans to pick him up, get rid of the fat one, the tall one, and the freak