PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Johnson

thebow305
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
I have read many many articles on him ranging from him saying he will be enrolling early at Miami to him decommitting. Does anyone really know what is going on with him? He has been a Miami commit for so long and now I dont know. In the latest article I read about it, his Dad says he is still committed but is open and will be deciding very soon, and that decision will be a surprise to everyone.

That doesn't sound good for Miami. What does everyone else think about this and where will he end up ultimately.

RyanLeaf#1
12-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if he switched to North Carolina.

504 to ATL
12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
He is playing the recruiting game to its fullest. He leads every team to believe they all have a very good shot at landing him, but ultimately he has one team decided already and is only waiting till signing day to announce it to the world.

Rich Jr
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
LSU has been pushing him hard.

Sniper
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
We sure could use him at Michigan...;) But I think he's a Cane

Rich Jr
12-11-2007, 11:59 AM
We sure could use him at Michigan...;) But I think he's a Cane
I think he's a Cane too. If we can't get him I hope we can somehow land TJ Bryant.

etk
12-11-2007, 04:44 PM
It's a pretty funny situation. Johnson says he's "100% Cane", yet a simple search on one of the recruiting sites yields nothing but speculation on how he's going to Georgia, LSU, USC, Florida etc with almost no mention of Miami. They're trying as hard as they possibly can to stir the pot and make it seem like he's de-committing, but anyone in the know will agree that he's sticking with Miami.

Sniper
12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
It's a pretty funny situation. Johnson says he's "100% Cane", yet a simple search on one of the recruiting sites yields nothing but speculation on how he's going to Georgia, LSU, USC, Florida etc with almost no mention of Miami. They're trying as hard as they possibly can to stir the pot and make it seem like he's de-committing, but anyone in the know will agree that he's sticking with Miami.

Controversy sells subscriptions my friend

TigerBait45
12-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Hes going to be a monster wherever he goes.

If it isn't LSU, I just hope its out of the SEC. Miami seems like a lock for him right now, but I guess things could change.

Joeyjr09
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
USC or UF. He's not coming to Miami.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-16-2007, 11:55 PM
USC or UF. He's not coming to Miami.
I don't think he's going to SC, the interest has sort of cooled off it seems.

I hope he doesn't end up a Gator.

Joeyjr09
12-17-2007, 12:08 AM
All I know is he's done a complete 180 and Miami seems to be out of the picture. I hope it's not the Gators because I will hear it from their fans for weeks but I think that's his lean right now. I'd much rather see him at USC or LSU and I from what I've read, he does seem to have a genuine interest in USC.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-17-2007, 12:42 AM
All I know is he's done a complete 180 and Miami seems to be out of the picture. I hope it's not the Gators because I will hear it from their fans for weeks but I think that's his lean right now. I'd much rather see him at USC or LSU and I from what I've read, he does seem to have a genuine interest in USC.
I've seen that PJ has some interest in SC, but his dads interest is another story and I don't know how much say his pops has.

Joeyjr09
12-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I've seen that PJ has some interest in SC, but his dads interest is another story and I don't know how much say his pops has.

His Dad might be his biggest influence and his dad is the one pushing him away from Miami. I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that his dad was the one that wanted him to go away for school. Maybe his dad is pulling for UF though and not USC like I thought.

etk
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
If his dad wanted him to be at Miami he would've been a hard verbal already. That's the sad truth, and PJ will struggle to make his own success if he lets his parents run the show.

jbeans187
12-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I think it will be UMiami or LSU

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-28-2007, 01:37 AM
If his dad wanted him to be at Miami he would've been a hard verbal already. That's the sad truth, and PJ will struggle to make his own success if he lets his parents run the show.

His success will have nothing to do with what school his father wants him to go to. He's a stud and will be a stud where ever he goes.

etk
12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
His success will have nothing to do with what school his father wants him to go to. He's a stud and will be a stud where ever he goes.

So you're gonna tell me that it's okay for his parents to boss around his football career? That shows a lack of maturity in PJ and that can't be anything but a negative quality. Remember Archie Manning pushing Eli not to sign with SD, that turned out pretty well for him.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I think he's going to Miami. I'm sure his dad's easing up abit due to the Arthur Brown commiting.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
So you're gonna tell me that it's okay for his parents to boss around his football career? That shows a lack of maturity in PJ and that can't be anything but a negative quality. Remember Archie Manning pushing Eli not to sign with SD, that turned out pretty well for him.

His family should play a big part in his decision, yes. It's not like PJ isn't interested in the school his father wants him to go to. If his father was pushing him towards Miami we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The Eli analogy is ********, because Archie wanted him in a big market.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Johnson is sticking to Miami. He's just telling the media and others what they want to hear.

Here's an interview with PJ and Nigel Bradham on CSTV.

http://www.cstv.com/video/?vid=5998

etk
12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
His family should play a big part in his decision, yes. It's not like PJ isn't interested in the school his father wants him to go to. If his father was pushing him towards Miami we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The Eli analogy is ********, because Archie wanted him in a big market.

He's 18, correct? He should be making his own decisions, with the help of others. He shouldn't be making decisions by others.

So what if Archie wanted him in a big market? It doesn't look on an NFL prospect when his dad is telling him where to play. If Eli would've stuck with San Diego he would've had more playoff success and better coaching.

Johnson is sticking to Miami. He's just telling the media and others what they want to hear.

Here's an interview with PJ and Nigel Bradham on CSTV.

http://www.cstv.com/video/?vid=5998

I hope that's true. If he decommits I'll actually be pissed now, with him saying he's "solid" and all.

BigJohn98
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
We will know on January 5th. Johnson will make his final decision at the US Army AA Game.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=755097

If anyone wants me to send them the article, shoot me a PM.

etk
12-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah I know that. I'll be watching. Hopefully Patchan will make his decision by then too.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-29-2007, 07:52 AM
What do you think of Mallett to Miami possibility?

BigJohn98
12-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Why would he do that? They have Robert Marve and JaCory Harris is coming in, too. I've heard if Mallett transfers, it would be to Arkansas.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Why would he do that? They have Robert Marve and JaCory Harris is coming in, too. I've heard if Mallett transfers, it would be to Arkansas.I was just thinking of a team he'd be good for.

Rich Jr
12-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Mallet is going to Arkansas only if he leaves.

BigJohn98
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Mike Farrell of Rivals.com spoke to Patrick, and he has eliminated Miami. He will not be a Cane. He's down to Florida, FSU, and LSU. My guess is Florida.

Rich Jr
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I think LSU gets him.

LSU is listed as High while Florida and FSU are listed at Medium.

We also just offered Alonzo Lawrence, the #2 corner and he's expected to commit soon.

BigJohn98
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
LSU being listed as high doesn't mean a thing. Marvin Austin was a silent to FSU for as long as I could remember, and he chose UNC. Patrick could have a surprise in store. He was roommates with Nigel Bradham when they went to New York.

Rich Jr
12-30-2007, 01:21 PM
LSU being listed as high doesn't mean a thing. Marvin Austin was a silent to FSU for as long as I could remember, and he chose UNC. Patrick could have a surprise in store. He was roommates with Nigel Bradham when they went to New York.LSU is thin at CB and PJ would get early PT as a freshman next year.

thebow305
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Good riddance to that douchebag.... dude is a real headcase.

thebow305
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm kind of upset he decommited, but it also could be the big "surprise" his dad was talking about when he does announce, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

49ers169
12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm kind of upset he decommited, but it also could be the big "surprise" his dad was talking about when he does announce, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

If that happened all of Miami would welcome him back with open arms. I clearly think LSU is out since they are his favorite right now.

If I had to bet it would be Florida State. Have heard from some people that Bradham is in his ear hardcore.

DWilliams2IndyColts
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
"When I get, If I go there" LOL.

Joeyjr09
12-31-2007, 01:04 AM
who cares any more. This isn't the 1st time he de committed from Miami. Hell it isn't even the 2nd time he said he decommited from Miami.

The kids got all world talent but TO like attitude. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I wanted him in this class real bad but his games and actions have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore.

Give me Brandon Harris over him any day. Harris is about as close talent wise as you can get and what little you lose in talent you make up for with his great attitude and team 1st spirit.

Miami has always been a team 1st program that prides itself on the relationships of it's player the way the BTW and MNW kids have come together this recruiting season. PJ just never bought into that and instead wanted to be babied and pampered by the coaches.

I've been saying for about a month I didn't expect him in Miami nor do I want him anymore. More trouble then it's worth. Good thing is, Randy Shannon has shown that he will not hesitate to pull offers from kids like this as he did it with McCray already. I'm sure Randy won't welcome PJ back after all this if he feels Brandon Harris is in the fold.

TigerBait45
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Seems like hes an LSU lean, but you never know. He seems to play games with people during interviews, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to Florida.

I'd love it if he came to LSU..got a hell of a lot of talent, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

jetsfanrg52
01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
i heard that he is going to hanover college

etk
01-03-2008, 11:22 PM
i heard that he is going to hanover college

No that was yesterday. Today he's leaning toward U of T. Not University of Tennessee...University of Toronto.

Sniper
01-04-2008, 12:30 AM
No that was yesterday. Today he's leaning toward U of T. Not University of Tennessee...University of Toronto.

Rivals just reported that Patrick Johnson is now an Appalachian State commit.

TigerBait45
01-04-2008, 12:36 AM
By morning he'll be enrolled at Mount Union. I have very reliable information.

Rich Jr
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Best recruiting process ever.

Sniper
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
By morning he'll be enrolled at Mount Union. I have very reliable information.

In a crazy stunning move, Patrick Johnson has now decided to commit to the Southwest Alaska State A&M Tech Flying Frogs.

SO **** YOUR RELIABLE INFORMATION! ;)

BigJohn98
01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
In a crazy stunning move, Patrick Johnson has now decided to commit to the Southwest Alaska State A&M Tech Flying Frogs.

SO **** YOUR RELIABLE INFORMATION! ;)

You guys are all wrong. he's going to Florida State.;)

mqtirishfan
01-04-2008, 06:03 PM
You guys are all wrong. he's going to Florida State.;)

Nah, he wouldn't stoop that low.

supermario86
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Nope all of you guys are wrong... he's goin to GermanyTechState the Bubbiling Veinerschniztelezs

Jay
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
One of the top high school football players in the country is calling the Florida coaching staff "cowards" after his ACT score was questioned, apparently by Florida.

The player is named Patrick Johnson, and he's a cornerback from Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach, Florida. Scout.com calls him the best cornerback in the country. He has committed to LSU and planned to enroll early.

But he may not be able to do that, as the 22 he scored on his ACT after twice scoring a 16 is being questioned. ACT officials are examining the score, as an improvement of that magnitude is rare. Johnson blames Florida for questioning the score.

"Florida made an issue about the ACT score," Johnson said, per the Times-Picayune. "They're cowards. They had to go behind my back. But that's OK. We play them this year."

Of course, Florida only made an issue of the ACT score because Johnson spurned the Gators for the Tigers. That doesn't necessarily mean Florida isn't correct here, though. The fact is, part of being a highly sought recruit is having people scrutinize your ACT score.

And the fact is, Johnson is correct: Assuming he's academically eligible in the fall, he'll get his shot at Florida then.

I bet they wouldn't have had a problem with his ACT scores if he picked Florida. What a bunch of cry babies.

Joeyjr09
01-20-2008, 09:18 AM
I bet they wouldn't have had a problem with his ACT scores if he picked Florida. What a bunch of cry babies.

Dude, there's like two pages about this in the recruiting thread. You might wanna go discuss it there.

Jay
01-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I just saw the guys name and, I don't know, thought this might be a good place...

504 to ATL
01-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Dude, there's like two pages about this in the recruiting thread. You might wanna go discuss it there.

Then they should probably all have been typed in a thread dedicated to the actual person, as in this thread. Dont be cross with the guy.

Joeyjr09
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Then they should probably all have been typed in a thread dedicated to the actual person, as in this thread. Dont be cross with the guy.

I was just letting the guy know where he could find more info on the topic he was discussing. No need to be a jerk about it.

504 to ATL
01-23-2008, 01:56 AM
No need to be a jerk about it.

By saying cut the guy some slack? That IMO was being honest not being a jerk. Your first sentence came off sounding completely negative.

Joeyjr09
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
By saying cut the guy some slack? That IMO was being honest not being a jerk. Your first sentence came off sounding completely negative.

If you took it as negative then you read way too much into it. It was seriously a 2 line post where i told him that the topic was being discussed somewhere else. That was it. Your telling me to cut the guy some slack and all I was doing was helping the guy out and letting him know where this was being talked about. Can't even do a good deed on these damn boards without someone getting on your case. Whatever else you seemed to infer from that is your problem and I didn't see the need to get on my case about it. But w/e, I'm not one to fight. Move on.

504 to ATL
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM
K. Me neither.

So how about C.U.M being a weiner about PJ's act and all?

Joeyjr09
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
K. Me neither.

So how about C.U.M being a weiner about PJ's act and all?

C.U.M is the worst HC in College football. The lowest of lows. The guy is complete slime. But he's gotten results so far so unfortunately he's not going anywhere. I can't wait to people catch onto his act and the UF football program goes downhill. Watch, it will happen sooner or later.

504 to ATL
01-24-2008, 01:12 AM
But he's gotten results so far

Sadly he has, although this past year, Tebow and Harvin got results. No one else, not C.U.M or any other player.

Joeyjr09
01-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Sadly he has, although this past year, Tebow and Harvin got results. No one else, not C.U.M or any other player.

4 losses isn't exactly results. I was talking more about the NC. He's got at least 3 more years left simply because of the NC and for bringing Harvin and Tebow into the program. He brings in top recruiting classes all the time but half of them get kicked off the team or transfer before ever seeing the field. Tough to keep the team competetive with that going on. Not to mention, future recruits will see that and start going elsewhere.

And all of that doesn't even begin to get into the arrest problem UF has had since he's been there or the NCAA just now opening an investigation into Urban recruiting Carl Moore's gf to UF as a way to help him get UF. Urban is said to pull lots of strings to get his potential recruits gf into school as a way of influencing them.

He's fine for now but he could and hopefully will go downhill in a hurry.

504 to ATL
01-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Well C.U.M struck again. PJ not going to enroll until June, due to the flagged test score(cough C.U.M). PJ missed the deadline to send in his transcript because of the late official release of his test score.