PDA

View Full Version : Smith out for season

skarocksoi
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7552830?MSNHPHMA

Aaron Smith is out for the season with a torn bicep. Eason will probably take his place.

I think DE depth just moved up on the needs list for this offseason.

DeathbyStat
12-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow thats a huge loss

Hines
12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
dammit, now we have eason playing...****.....i hope we dont lose close games cuz of this

skarocksoi
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
This is really going to hurt next week against the Jags cause Smith is probably the second most, if not most important key to stopping the run on our defense. Hopefully Eason can step it up to shut down MoJo and Freddie Taylor.

mikehop05
12-11-2007, 06:32 PM
mcbean was signed off the P.S.

Mr. Stiller
12-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Cancel the tickets to the playoffs boys.

Hines
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Cancel the tickets to the playoffs boys.

do you really believe that?

skarocksoi
12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Guess we might get a chance to see if he was worth the pick.

skarocksoi
12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
do you really believe that?

Smith is a big part of the defense and eason doesnt even compare. This really hurts our run defense and could make a deep playoff run hard.

Mr. Stiller
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I would really go as far to say that Aaron Smith is the most integral part to our defense.

Teams rarely run to the right and if/when they do, it never goes anywhere because Smith can tackle anyone and I have never seen him, not once, get blown off the ball.

Watch ANY game Eason has been in and tell my 1 game where he actually didn't get blown off the snap on 1 play. Eason seems like a Vanilla 4-3 Lazy ass DE... more than a 3-4 Hold the point DE.

Hines
12-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I do understand that he is one of our best players, but honestly, i believe we will game plan to make it seem like eason isnt there...i would move hoke to de for the games

Smooth Criminal
12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Massive loss for the Steelers that will go unnoticed by most fans because he has no name recognition. Eason is not even comparable to Smith and we will probably be much worse against the run now.

Still we are likely to win the division. The Browns will have to make up 2 more games over the last 3. Probably not gonna happen.

Mr. Stiller
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I do understand that he is one of our best players, but honestly, i believe we will game plan to make it seem like eason isnt there...i would move hoke to de for the games

We can't move Hoke to DE without suffering depth issues at NT. and against a run first team like Jacksonville... thats not a good idea. Though I think we should see some "Fat Nickel" with Eason/Kirschke at the Ends and Hoke/Hampton inside.

Eason does a good job making it seem thats he's not there, because he never is.. he gets blown off the ball and is like a bad Mike.. he makes the plays 5-10 yards downfield.

mikehop05
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
hopefully mcbean will get some reps... cant be worse than eason

Mr. Stiller
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
hopefully mcbean will get some reps... cant be worse than eason

Frankly I think we should run a 4-3.

Why?

Because it limits Smiths loss and adds some youth and speed up front. Not to mention it's something no one has seen.

DL:

Woodley ~ Hampton ~ Keisel ~ McBean
Haggans ~ Hokie ~ Kirschke ~ Harrison

LB:

Harrison ~ Farrior ~ Timmons
Foote ~ Kreidwaldt ~ Frazier

Woodley ~

mikehop05
12-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Frankly I think we should run a 4-3.

Why?

Because it limits Smiths loss and adds some youth and speed up front. Not to mention it's something no one has seen.

DL:

Woodley ~ Hampton ~ Keisel ~ McBean
Haggans ~ Hokie ~ Kirschke ~ Harrison

LB:

Harrison ~ Farrior ~ Timmons
Foote ~ Kreidwaldt ~ Frazier

Woodley ~

no way foote is a better mike than farrior in a 4-3

Mr. Stiller
12-12-2007, 02:37 AM
no way foote is a better mike than farrior in a 4-3

In a Traditional tampa2 scheme? Farrior is a 3 down LB. Foote is a 2 down thumper that is more of a Chaser.

In a 4-3 Foote would be a SLB (Like in college) Farrior has the speed and understanding of the zones to play a deep Zone coverage (He does it a lot as it is).

Not to mention, I'm not worried about the run defense because Keisel, Hampton, Hoke and Woodley are superb in run defense... and with 4 DL, that should make it a lot easier for Farrior as he doesn't have to shed blocks.

DeathbyStat
12-13-2007, 08:04 AM
All you need to know about Aaron Smith is that in an interview I was watching with Bill Belichick, Bill said he votes for Aaron Smith for the Pro Bowl every year.

Nuff Said.

Mr. Stiller
12-13-2007, 10:54 AM
All you need to know about Aaron Smith is that.....in an interview I was watching with Bill Belichick......Bill said he votes for Aaron Smith for the Pro Bowl every year.

Nuff Said.

How the hell did you understand that?

*Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Aaron Smith *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Pro Bowl..
*Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*
I vote every year.. *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*

Jakey
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
^ i got it...but mumble is my first language ;)

DeathbyStat
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
How the hell did you understand that?

*Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Aaron Smith *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble* Pro Bowl..
I vote every year.. *Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**Mumble**M umble**Mumble*

Ok, calm down dude i'm sorry

Jakey
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
^ i think he was talking bout Billichick...the fact that he mumbles

Mr. Stiller
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
^ i think he was talking bout Billichick...the fact that he mumbles

Yep thatd be correct