PDA

View Full Version : Who needs QBs?

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Who needs QB, or better who is going to pick the Top 3 now?
Atl? they could have DMac
Ravens? They could go with Troy
Min? I think they gonna stay with jackson
Chi? KC? Car? Where do they go?

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 07:27 AM
I think one of Ryan, Woodsor or Brohm will fall out of the first round...

Atlanta - Picking too high to be taking a QB.

NY Jets - Too early to give up on Clemens

Kansas City- They like what they have in Croyle, also could be picking to high.

Baltimore - They could give Troy a shot, but people are overreacting to his garbage time performance. Likely to take a QB early.

Carolina - Very possible, I also like them to make a run at Derek Anderson.

Chicago - Grossman should be back, bigger needs.

Detroit - Much bigger needs, haven't given Stanton a shot yet.

Minnesota - Tavaris is progressing nicely, don't see a QB next year.

Tampa Bay - If value is there, because Garcia won't be around forever.

Seattle - Sleeper team. Not many needs. Similar to Green Bay when they took Rodgers.

Sveen
12-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Using the current first-round order from Great Blue North Draft Report (http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm)

#1 Miami Dolphins:
They have John Beck, but who knows if they believe he is the future. QB is a possibility here, but not likely.

#2 New England (f/SF):
Tom Brady

#3 St. Louis:
They gave Marc Bulger a big extension before the season, so no first-round QB here.

#4 Atlanta:
I'd say it's a 95% chance they do take a QB in the first round.

#5 NY Jets:
Depends on how happy they are with Kellen Clemmens. I guess it's possible they take a QB, but not likely.

#6 Kansas City:
Again, it depends on how confident they are with Brody Croyle, but out of the Dolphins, Jets and Chiefs, I think Kansas City are the most likely team to take a signal caller.

#7 Oakland:
Took JaMarcus Russel first overall last year, so no QB here.

#8 Baltimore:
Steve McNair probably won't be back, and Kyle Boller is only a backup. Troy Smith? Who knows. I say yes to a QB here.

#9 Cincinnati:
They have too many needs on defense to waste the pick on a QB. Plus; they do have a guy names Carson Palmer.

#10 Carolina:
What a mess. Delhomme? Carr? Testaverde? Moore? I wouldn't be surprised to see them start over.

#11 Chicago:
Kyle Orton will get a shot to show what he can do next Monday , but I don't see him as being the answer. Rex will be gone at the end of the season and Griese isn't the answer either. So they are in the market for a franchise QB.

#12 Philadelphia:
I don't think they need more controversy at the QB position.

#13 Arizona:
They got Matt Leinart.

#14 New Orleans:
Already got Drew Brees, and need some defense.

#15 Houston:
Invested a lot in Matt Schaub so he is the guy.

#16 Denver:
Got Jay Cutler

#17 Detroit:
Interesting, but not likely. Kitna is at the end of his career, but they do have Drew Stanton (on IR this season) and I would think they want to give him a shot sometime.

#18 Washington:
Jason Campbell

#19 Tennessee:
Vince Young

#20 Buffalo:
Trent Edwards has looked good when given the chance to play.

#21 Minnesota:
This one I just don't know. Maybe, I guess.

#22 Dallas (f/CLE):
Tony Romo (with a big contract), so no QB.

#23 Tampa Bay:
They might take long look if one of the top 3 fell to them. They seem to collect QB's, so why not one more?

#24 San Diego:
Philip Rivers

#25 Seattle:
Matt Hasselbeck is good, so no.

#26 Pittsburgh:
Big Ben is also good.

#27 NY Giants:
Eli isn't very good, but I don't think they give up on him yet.

#28 Jacksonville:
David Garrard has played well, but they might want a guy for they future that can sit and learn for a while.

#29 Green Bay:
Brett Favre always comes back, and Aaron Rodgers is sitting on the bench waiting for him to get out of the way.

#30 San Francisco (f/IND):
Alex Smith is (I think) the starting QB with the worst rating this season, but he is the #1 overall pick and will be back next year.

#31 Dallas:
See #22.

DiG
12-12-2007, 07:47 AM
seattle would take a rb in rd 1 before they took a qb.

atl needs a qb but itll depend obviously on whether or not DMAC is available when they pick and who they bring in to coach now.

kc is a team that has a very good chance of taking a qb rd 1. huard hasnt shown any signs this year of being a starting nfl qb. he is a solid #2 and will offer good competition for a rookie and i personally have no faith on croyle as a starter.

baltimore is very likely to take a qb because even if they want to give troy smith a shot because mcnairs about to retire and bollers contract is only through 08.

carolina has a need but itll depend on value and who is available. will probably draft a qb at some point in the draft.

chicago damn well should draft a qb. hell they should draft 3 and cut all the current ones on their team.

tampa will probably take a look at a qb. if they value one high and he falls to their pick then i could see it.

the niners are another team that could draft a qb with their late first rounder if one of the big 3 were to fall.

Iamcanadian
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
I think one of Ryan, Woodsor or Brohm will fall out of the first round...

Atlanta - Picking too high to be taking a QB.

NY Jets - Too early to give up on Clemens

Kansas City- They like what they have in Croyle, also could be picking to high.

Baltimore - They could give Troy a shot, but people are overreacting to his garbage time performance. Likely to take a QB early.

Carolina - Very possible, I also like them to make a run at Derek Anderson.

Chicago - Grossman should be back, bigger needs.

Detroit - Much bigger needs, haven't given Stanton a shot yet.

Minnesota - Tavaris is progressing nicely, don't see a QB next year.

Tampa Bay - If value is there, because Garcia won't be around forever.

Seattle - Sleeper team. Not many needs. Similar to Green Bay when they took Rodgers.

Atlanta's owner indicated during their last game that they would take a QB with their #1.
Croyle will never be a starter in the NFL. His body is simply way too skinny to survive. They could easily go QB if they like one.
Baltimore will likely go QB, again one has to be there who they really like.
Anderson likely won't be available until 2009. Cleveland will take their time making a QB decision so Carolina will take a long look at who is available in the draft.
Chicaqgo definitely will be looking at QB's.
Tampa Bay will probably wait until round 2 but a QB is probably on their list.
I certainly won't be shocked if Miami goes QB with the #1 pick if they really like a guy.
Philly could also be looking for a QB to develop.

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Atlanta's owner indicated during their last game that they would take a QB with their #1.

The Texans also were ready to take Reggie Bush. Sure it could be likely, but not definite.

Croyle will never be a starter in the NFL. His body is simply way too skinny to survive. They could easily go QB if they like one.

They like Croyle already. I don't think they'll give up on him so soon.

Chicago definitely will be looking at QB's.

Yes, they will, but they have bigger needs than a QB.

Iamcanadian
12-12-2007, 08:19 AM
The Texans also were ready to take Reggie Bush. Sure it could be likely, but not definite.

Nothing is definite in the draft but Atlanta definitely needs a starting QB.

They like Croyle already. I don't think they'll give up on him so soon.

Croyle couldn't syay healthy in college and his pro career indicates he still has that problem. He is very frail in build which has caused him to be injured numerous times and building your team around him is very, very chancy.

Yes, they will, but they have bigger needs than a QB.

Sorry, but I can not see a bigger need than a QB for Chicago. Of course, there has to be one there when they pick and they have to like his abilities but I cannot see a higher priority for them than a QB should one be available.
No team has a higher priority than a QB when they don't have an established starter.

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Sorry, but I can not see a bigger need than a QB for Chicago. Of course, there has to be one there when they pick and they have to like his abilities but I cannot see a higher priority for them than a QB should one be available.
No team has a higher priority than a QB when they don't have an established starter.

Well, no one is gonna do anything behind a crappy old line... so linemen should be considered to...

chicago damn well should draft a qb. hell they should draft 3 and cut all the current ones on their team. http://stillfootball.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/orton.jpg
How can u not like Kyle Orton?
Look at that Face and LOOOOVE

Travis 24
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Chiefs, Bears, Ravens, Falcons, Panthers and Buccaneers are the teams I can see looking in round 1 for a QB..

I can also see the 49ers, Rams, and Seahawks going early for a QB as well..

Gay Ork Wang
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Cant see the Rams with Bulger...the question is for teams like the Chiefs, the Falcons and Panthers: arent there more important needs than QB? for the Chiefs CB and OL, Falcons, OL DL?

toonsterwu
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
My thoughts on possible teams:

Miami Dolphins - I think they may be increasingly headed towards this route. May end up depending on whether or not Mueller is around. If it's just Cameron that's gone, then maybe Beck gets another shot. But if both are gone, then it's up in the air.

St. Louis - I wouldn't rule out the Rams as a darkhorse. That said, it's a dark, darkhorse.

Atlanta Falcons - Petrino leaving may actually increase this possibility.

Kansas City Chiefs -I think this is a growing possibility. Croyle only has 2 years left, and his contract isn't big since he was a 3rd rounder. He hasn't performed well enough to prevent such a pick.

Baltimore Ravens - If there's one there, I think they look.

Carolina Panthers - A definite possibility. They need a future, and Delhomme buys time without throwing a kid haphazardly in there.

Chicago Bears - Hard to figure. May come down to how they perceive their chances within the next year or two.

Tampa Bay - Definitely need a QB of the future.

Seattle - Depending on value and board, I wouldn't rule it out. Hasselbeck has 3 years left. Timing makes a 2nd/3rd round pick on QB more likely, though.

San Francisco (f/IND) - Depends on the coaching situation. If Nolan's gone, I think Smith gets a mulligan on the year, but they may consider spending a pick in the 2nd-4th in case.

I'm starting to grow more inclined to think that 4 QB's go round 1. Based on the current order, my guesses at where the QB's would fall would be Atlanta/Kansas City/Baltimore (perhaps Ryan/Brohm/Woodson), with a 4th QB sneaking in late round 1 (a number of possibilities, I like Flacco, but could be someone else). Could end up being a team moving up for a QB, perhaps a team that misses out early. I'd watch to see if a sleeper QB emerges to squeeze into the top 3.

Staubach12
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
For the top 4 QBs, I see:

Atlanta (Woodson)
Carolina (Matt Ryan)
Chicago (Brohm)
Tampa (2nd)(Colt Brennan)