PDA

View Full Version : Justin King

RyanLeaf#1
12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
It is rumored that he is going to skip his senior season and go pro. He has sent in his paperwork to the NFL advisory committee. Am I the only one seeing this as a huge mistake? I personally think he stinks. I watched around 6 Penn State games this season, and it seemed like teams picked on him all the time.

Hines
12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I think Hardy ruined his confidence. He is raw at the position, so I believe with good coaching, he will be a good cover corner. Not a great one though.

bored of education
12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
He got beat alot this year. But sending in papers doesn't automatically conclude declaring

toonsterwu
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I think a lot of people expect him to turn pro as I think he's graduating early. That said, he should probably stick around. ALl the raw tools in there, but little consistency/development. He might be in the 2nd/3rd based on his raw tools, but another year, and he could potentially be a first rounder.

Unbiased
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
He's a guy that can definitely turn heads at the combine. If he leaves this year, he'll turn into a Justin Miller type player. I think he was a little thrown off this year because teams ignored him last year. Somewhat like Antoine Cason as a junior. He should stay and prove he can still shutdown big time receivers.

RyanLeaf#1
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
He got beat alot this year. But sending in papers doesn't automatically conclude declaring

No your right sending papers in doesnt mean anything. Maybe it's smart for him to go this year since some people still see potential in him. If he returns for another year, and gets beat alot again he might lose any kind of draft consideration.

Unbiased
12-12-2007, 11:26 AM
No your right sending papers in doesnt mean anything. Maybe it's smart for him to go this year since some people still see potential in him. If he returns for another year, and gets beat alot again he might lose any kind of draft consideration.

Don't forget, this guy threw a Hefty bag over Teddy Ginn and Robert Meacham last year.

bored of education
12-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, he sending in papers just to see where he MAY be drafted. If he gets a 2nd round grade I could see him declaring.

RyanLeaf#1
12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Don't forget, this guy threw a Hefty bag over Teddy Ginn and Robert Meacham last year.

Well what exactly has Ginn done this year? Pretty much nothing, and Meachem has been innactive all season. So by shuting them down he has really proved nothing.

urinemonkey
12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
reminds me of Dre Bly

DChess
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
even a monster combine couldnt get him back to where he was earlier in the year. that being said, i think he could be a nice project if picked up in the third, preferably mid to late 3rd

RyanLeaf#1
12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
even a monster combine couldnt get him back to where he was earlier in the year. that being said, i think he could be a nice project if picked up in the third, preferably mid to late 3rd

I agree. Hes lucky in my opinion if he goes in the 3rd.

SweatThePipe
12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
The thing about King is, he has all-world natural ability. He just needs to focus and learn. Going Pro could be the best thing for him. Somebody might end up with a helluva CB.

MaxV
12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Like I've said in another thread, he has the speed to go stride-for-stride with anybody, but he has difficulty covering guys who run good routes.

He bites on fakes WAY too often.

Another problem he has is that at times he loses sight of the ball and lets his man get a catch despite the fact that he was in a position to prevent it.

art vandelay
12-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't like him. Reminds me of Ashton Youboty.

DeathbyStat
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Im a Penn state student fan and ticket holder and I can tell you that this is a huge mistake.

He is a MUCH better athlete then he is a football player.

He could however be a classic work out warrior.

fenikz
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I think he should stay another year to refine his skills, could end up being a 1st rounder if he did so, but after this year he is probably a 3rd round pick right now...of course until he goes to the combine and kills it

Sniper
12-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Possible 4.2 wheels could make someone fall in love with him. Cover 2 teams should stay away, but man to man teams could benefit with this guy. Not good with ball skills though. Man I remember saying this guy wasn't amazing and reigle and NittanyLion went nuts

Iamcanadian
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, he sending in papers just to see where he MAY be drafted. If he gets a 2nd round grade I could see him declaring.

I agree. Raw talent can get you drafted pretty high even if you still need a lot of work.

Babylon
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Possible 4.2 wheels could make someone fall in love with him. Cover 2 teams should stay away, but man to man teams could benefit with this guy. Not good with ball skills though. Man I remember saying this guy wasn't amazing and reigle and NittanyLion went nuts

Dont like how people just throw those 40 times around. 4.2 is pretty much equal to a sub 10 second 100 meters.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Well what exactly has Ginn done this year? Pretty much nothing, and Meachem has been innactive all season. So by shuting them down he has really proved nothing.

No it means he shut down 2 of the top 10 receivers in the nation last year.

mikehop05
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
wasnt he a WR in highschool manily? I think he also played FS not CB in highschool as well

AkiliSmith
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
He played mostly running back in HS

RyanLeaf#1
12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
No it means he shut down 2 of the top 10 receivers in the nation last year.

Meachem top 10 receiver in 06? Yes... Ginn No way.

cowboyz
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
will the success of antonio cromartie bump up king's position?

mikehop05
12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
will the success of antonio cromartie bump up king's position?

id say not really, he doesnt have the size that cromartie has

but as far as being drafted based on pure physical ability, well teams have been doing that since forever

underscore
12-15-2007, 06:28 AM
King will come back if he is convinced PSU will play more man coverage. If they play their lousy cover-2 zone (in which CBs are 10 yds off their man, even in short yardage situations), he has nothing to gain in returning, since he has his degree. PSU also had awful safety play this year. I think he allowed his frustrations with the defense in general affect his own play.

Michigan
12-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Meachem top 10 receiver in 06? Yes... Ginn No way.

lmao you're dilusional