PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin Gone???

Xonraider
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I JUST HEARD FROM RF.NET THAT HE HAS RESIGNED FROM THE JOB. Atleast they're reporting this on their ''Premium'' part, which supposedly gets inside info.

I dont know if this is true, I'm just posting what I'm hearing. I cant get the full news because I dont have premium I'm just posting what they're saying on the main forums.

AlexDown
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Do you have a link?

Xonraider
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Do you have a link?

I'm posting what they're saying on RF.net. Those guys usually get the news first.

jefepowhnzer
12-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I know to take PFT with a grain of salt, but there is a blurb on Kiffin being pissed that he didn't get the Arkansas job.

Windy
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I used to have a membership there. Hit and miss with their stuff but you never know.

Windy
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Alright, I think the word is that Kiffin is basically gone. Maybe not now but at least after the season ends. I don't doubt the PFT report at all, even though they once reported Terry Bradshaw had died. The only thing that is puzzling is that there are not many attractive college jobs left that are willing to pay a colossal amount of money. Michigan is clearly a top job but I don't think they will pay for a big name (unless it was miles)

The Unseen
12-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Yay for coaching stability!

P-L
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.

PACKmanN
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
might as well as make Ryan the HC, he the best option out there.

Hawk
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.

Yeah, not quite the right strategy with a young QB and team as a whole

toonsterwu
12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
The odd thing about all this is that, for the most part, Lane's done a decent job. The talent's just not there yet, but he's done well, IMO, with what's been there. Leads me to wonder if there are any issues between Al and Lane that surfaced quicker than folks expected.

AlexDown
12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Why does he want to leave?

Windy
12-12-2007, 03:01 PM
First of all I think we might be getting a bit rushed with the news. I'm not saying it won't happen but there are better sources than a fan message board.

Xonraider
12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Ok so here's what I am getting, don't know how true it is, but we all know how the Raiders and Al act, so take it as it comes:

Lane was supposed to go to Arkansas, but in reality, Petrino was the number one guym, but they never expected him to accept. Well, he did and Kiffin was pissed. He began cursing and slamming doors. APPARENTLY, Al Davis was helping him get that job at Arkansas through some connections he had there.

That is all I got.

Stash
12-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I would be so dissapointed if Kiffin leaves. IMO he has done a good job so far and has the team going in the right direction. The only reason I could see him wanting to leave is Al Davis. Maybe behind the scenes Al isn't letting Kiffin do what he wants. I don't know, but I hope these are just rumors.

Windy
12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I could see Al firing Rob Ryan too. IDK.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
I hope he stays.He has this team going in the right direction.I guess Al Davis cant bully him around.

P-L
12-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Apparently Michigan has spoken with him about their vacancy.

D-Unit
12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
All this stuff makes no sense at all. I'll believe it when I see it.

Windy
12-13-2007, 08:46 PM
The Oakland Tribune had a funny jab towards ProFootballTalk.com in their blog.

Kiffin threw a chair through his office window and challenged Al Davis to fight when he found out Norm Chow was interviewing for the UCLA job, according to a non-industry source who made up the story.

Stash
12-13-2007, 10:00 PM
The Oakland Tribune had a funny jab towards ProFootballTalk.com in their blog.

LOL, good stuff

Paranoidmoonduck
12-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Petrino was a situation anyone could see coming. Kiffin hasn't appeared anywhere near as useless as Shanahan was for Al Davis to fire him, and despite getting rocked by a vastly superior Green Bay team last week, Oakland has looked pretty damn good as of late.

I refuse to believe any of these rumors until something more concrete pops up.

Gatz
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow, if Kiffin leaves, college coaches might have to wait a while to jump to the Nfl.
But rumors are rumors.
I know that quote from the Oakland tribune was meant to be funny, but I would be ecstatic if Norm Chow became UCLA's headcoach. All those highly recruited QBs would actually pan out.

Komp
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Yah I don't really believe any of these rumors, but I think we will be hearing a lot of them since Kiffin is fresh from the college ranks.

nobodyinparticular
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Honestly, I don't see much credence to any of these rumors. I think Kiffin is here at least one more year and probably a few more after that. Anything past that will depend on relationship with Davis (just like Gruden's tenure here) and how well the team performs. I fully expect a .500 team or better next year and thus reserving one more year at least for Kiffin. Double digit losses again and his job might be in trouble.

Windy
12-18-2007, 12:30 AM
It would be an even bigger mess than last time since the players actually like kiffin and what he is doing.