PDA

View Full Version : Mockaroni and Cheese

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Underclassment left out: Rashard Mendenhall, Felix Jones, Jack Ikegwuonu, Nic Harris

ROUND 1

1. Miami Dolphins – Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas (Jr.)

BPA. Dorsey doesn’t give them value considering their scheme. If they don’t take him, New England or New York will. Shopping him or Brown around could get them more picks and if they can’t get rid of either, it’s a very good problem to have.

2. New England Patriots (from SF) – Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State (Jr.)

Three options here; Jenkins, or the Longs. Chris Long is a great fit for the system, but I think he’s a 3-4 DE more than OLB, and they have plenty of depth in that area, with Richard Seymour and Ty Warren starters, with Jarvis Green behind them. I don’t think they want to draft a backup with the 2nd overall pick. Jake Long is a great player, but he’d be drafted to be a backup as well. Malcolm Jenkins makes perfect sense. Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, Tory James and Chad Scott are all free agents, and you can almost guarantee that they all won’t be back. Samuel should re-sign, and he and Jenkins would give the Patriots a great duo.

3. St. Louis Rams – Jake Long, OT, Michigan

Orlando Pace is close to the end of his career. Alex Barron doesn’t look like the player everyone thought he could be. Offensive tackle is a big problem this year. The Rams aren’t as bad as their record indicates. The injuries to Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson really hurt them early, and the defense has been playing poorly. Long should improve the offensive line, and in return, the offense.

4. Atlanta Falcons – Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

With Jake Long and Darren McFadden off the board, it’s between Glenn Dorsey and a QB. Brohm, Ryan or Woodson aren’t worth the #4 overall pick, but the Falcons obvious need for a QB could cause them to reach here. However, Dorsey is an impact DT, at a position they are weak at next to Rod Coleman. Erik Ainge, Colt Brennan both should be there in Round 2, or there’s a chance they trade up for one of the Big 3 if they were to slip.

5. New York Jets – Chris Long, DE, Virginia

Perfect fit for the scheme and it improves an area of need. If I’m a Jets fan, this is my dream pick if McFadden isn’t available. Long is a player. I’d say he’s the biggest sure thing of anyone in this draft.

6. Kansas City Chiefs – Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State (Jr.)

The draft this year has many quality offensive tackles, but at 6, is this a reach? A little bit, yes, but it’s an obvious need for Kansas City. If Malcolm Jenkins was available, he’d likely be the pick, but since he and Long are off the board, they have to take a OT a la Arizona last year. Trading down would be a great option, but I don’t see any teams who would trade up for this spot. This a draft loaded with depth, but light at the top. Clady has the potential to be a special player though, so this pick could pay dividends rather quickly.

7. Oakland Raiders – Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

Ellis isn’t that far behind Dorsey in my opinion, so Oakland has landed themselves a nice player here. DT is one of their bigger, if not the biggest, needs for this team, with Warren Sapp close to retirement, presumably. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking DeSean Jackson, with Al Davis’ obsession with speed, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was taken here, but Ellis is a much better pick.

8. Baltimore Ravens – Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Yes, Troy Smith looked great on Monday Night Football. However, he was playing against backups in a game that was out of hand. I also don’t think he’ll get a chance to showcase himself the rest of the year because of Billick, so I still think QB is a priority if Malcolm Jenkins isn’t available. I like Troy, and I would love to see him do well, but I can’t see it happening.

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) (Jr.)

Dexter Jackson is likely one of the most overrated players in the league because he was a Super Bowl MVP. He’s no better than your average safety, and Madieau Williams has regressed since his good start to his career. Phillips is a playmaker in the secondary, and with Hall and Joseph progressing nicely, this could potentially be a devastating young secondary.

10. Carolina Panthers – Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky

Some people feel as if Woodson’s stock is dropping, but I think it’ll be on the incline after his combine and whatever all star games he participates in. He’s got a good arm, and he’s a well-grounded kid. He’s got a knowledge for the game, and he’ll be a good successor to Jake Delhomme.

11. Chicago Bears – Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh

I think Rex Grossman is going to be the starter next year, but his injury at the end of this year could cause them to draft a QB early, but I don’t expect it to be done in the first round. They need help for an aging offensive line. Jeff Otah has seen his stock rise many than most this year, and he’s still quite an underrated player. I was a little skeptical about him being a 1st round player, but the more I read about him and the more I see, he warrants this high of a selection.

12. Philadelphia Eagles - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL) (Jr.)

There’s talks that either Jevon Kearse and Darren Howard will be cut, and it’s possible both can be gone at the end of the year. Trent Cole is a nice player, but his game will regress if neither of those two players is across from him. Campbell had a subpar year compared to what he did last year, but he’s still a nice prospect with great potential. Of course this pick is speculatory, so if they keep one or both of those players, they’ll be looking likely at a DB like Reggie Smith.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State (Jr.)

Whether it’s 4-3 DE, or 3-4 OLB Gholston is a great player. With Ken Whisenhunt the head coach, a potential change to the 3-4 could be in the future, and Gholston is a perfect fit for the scheme.

14. New Orleans Saints – James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State (Jr.)

LB has been a weak spot for this time for a couple years now. Even last year, it was an option in the first round. Laurinaitis is the best ILB in the country, and arguably best LB period. He could become a tremendous asset to this time, a la Patrick Willis in San Francisco.

15. Houston Texans – Reggie Smith, DB, Oklahoma (Jr.)

The injury to Dunta Robinson hurt, but in the process, Fred Bennett has really stepped up his game. They look to have a good duo in place there, so Smith can settle in at Safety. He’s got great coverage skills, and reacts to the ball well. Should be a perfect fit at FS.

TRADE: Seattle trades their 1st Round pick (25) and 2nd Round pick to Denver for their 1st Round pick (16).

16. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN) – Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon (Jr.)

Denver can’t really take anyone there that would provide good value, and fill a position of need. Seattle would love to have Stewart. Shaun Alexander is not the same back he once was, and has regressed quite a bit. Stewart is a good replcacement.

17. Detroit Lions – Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma (Jr.)

I had some trouble with this pick. I gave CB a strong look, but the Lions run a variant of the cover 2, and rarely do you see a 1st round CB in that type of defense. With the depth at CB in this draft, I can’t see it. It was between DE and OT. In the end, Loadholt was the choice over Derrick Harvey. He’s got enormous potential and upside, but the big knock on him is if he would be coming out to soon.

18. Washington Redskins – Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma (Jr.)

The WR’s aren’t a solid unit. Santana Moss hasn’t been himself lately, and Brandon Lloyd or Randle-El can’t be relied upon as #2 targets. Malcolm Kelly has game-changing potential, and ultimately a better prospect than DeSean Jackson in my mind. DE is an option, but Derrick Harvey is a reach in my opinion.

19. Tennessee Titans – DeSean Jackson, WR, California (Jr.)

He’s a game changer that’s for sure. Teamed up with Vince Young, it would give this offense a dynamic threat. He’s more polished of a receiver than Ted Ginn was last year, but, need allows him to drop.

20. Buffalo Bills – James Hardy, WR, Indiana (Jr.)

I think I’m higher on Hardy than most people, but he’ll be a perfect addition to the Buffalo offense. Lee Evans would be that much more effective if he had a receiver worthy of attention on the other side of the field. Hardy would be a great red zone threat with his 6’7” frame too.

21. Minnesota Vikings – Sam Baker, OT, USC

The Vikings have a solid line to the left, but at RT, Ryan Cook has been less than impressive. Baker could help solidify the position and further the development of Tavaris Jackson.

TRADE: Atlanta trades both of their 2nd round picks (35, 46)) to Dallas for their 1st round pick (22)

22. Atlanta Falcons (from DAL through CLE) – Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

Even though Petrino is gone, they’ll still be looking at QB this draft, and Brohm is what’s left. With two first rounders, I think they’ll take the wait and see approach with the QB’s, rather than take one at 4.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Early Doucet, WR, LSU

I’m not sold on this pick. I’m not sure Doucet’s a 1st rounder at this point, but the Bucs have limited options. Value isn’t there at OT. Cover 2 CB’s are a dime a dozen in the middle rounds, and no QB worthy either. He’s still a good fit, I’m just not sold he’s 1st round pick.

24. San Diego Chargers – Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

Not sure he deserves to go this high, but the Chargers have few other needs. They could use a CB, but with two starters already, I don’t see the need in drafting a nickel guy. Williams could come in and challenge Olivea for the RT spot.

25. Denver Broncos – Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland (Jr.)

Good trade down by the Broncos. They pick up an extra second, and grab a quality LB in Henderson, providing better value.

26. Pittsburgh Steelers – Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma (Jr.)

Alan Faneca could be gone real soon, and no one is behind him worthy enough to be an NFL starter. Duke Robinson has been the best interior lineman in the nation. I can see him coming out in a draft that’s relatively weak at Guard and Center.

27. New York Giants – Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

Aaron Ross has been a great player as a rookie, but the Giants need help in the secondary still. Sam Madison is still a good player, but he likely won’t be retained once his contract is up, and he could retire before that. Kevin Dockery is a nice player, but he’s too undersized to be a full-time starter. Cason could potentially play FS as well, but he’s too good of a CB for the Giants to try him out there.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars – Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida (Jr.)

Back-to-back Florida players in the first round for the Jaguars. Paul Spicer has had a nice year, but he’s not a long-term option. Harvey is a tremendous speed rusher, should be a great fit in Jacksonville.

29. Green Bay Packers – Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (Jr.)

The Cowboys game showed you what they have if Woodson or Harris gets hurt. They need to draft a young CB to groom behind their two starters, or they are going to be in trouble when either retires.

30. San Francisco 49ers (from IND) – Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

WR is an option, but they have a pick coming up real soon. They need to grab Moore here, because there’s a chance the Cowboys could be looking at him, or a team in the top half of the second round.

31. Dallas Cowboys – Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

Jenkins is a great fit for the Cowboys defense. He can be the nickel back, until Henry and/or Newman is gone.

32. New England Patriots – Forfeited by penalty of the NFL

ROUND 2

33. Miami Dolphins – Quentin Groves, DE/LB, Auburn

34. St. Louis Rams – Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

35. Dallas Cowboys (from ATL) – Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia (Jr.)

36. New York Jets – Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

37. San Francisco 49ers – Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

38. Oakland Raiders – Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

39. Baltimore Ravens – Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana

40. Kansas City Chiefs – Terrell Thomas, CB, USC

41. Carolina Panthers – Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

42. Chicago Bears – Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

43. Philadelphia Eagles – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State

44. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech

45. New Orleans Saints – Keith Rivers, LB, USC

46. Dallas Cowboys (from ATL through HOU) – Donnie Avery, WR, Houston

47. Denver Broncos – Demario Pressley, DT, N.C. State

48. Detroit Lions – Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

49. Washington Redskins – Jason Jones, DE, Eastern Michigan

50. Arizona Cardinals – Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

51. Buffalo Bills – Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State

52. Minnesota Vikings – Jamar Adams, S, Michigan

53. Tennessee Titans – Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri

54. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii

55. Miami Dolphins (from SD) – Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

56. Cleveland Browns – Shawn Crable, DE/LB, Michigan

57. Pittsburgh Steelers - Beau Bell, LB, UNLV

58. New York Giants – Philip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech

59. Jacksonville Jaguars – Lavelle Hawkins, WR, California

60. Denver Broncos (from SEA) – Thomas DeCoud, S, California

61. Indianapolis Colts – James Davis, RB, Clemson (Jr.)

62. Green Bay Packers – Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech

63. Dallas Cowboys – Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson

64. New England Patriots – Jonathan Goff, LB, Vanderbilt

Turtlepower
12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Good job. I really like you putting Henderson in the first round. He definitely is flying up draft boards. Wheeler in the second is nice. =D

Edit: your mock's name made me hungry...

DiG
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
with the redskins pick i think you made the right decision. the o lineman and the d lineman that id want are all gone except for michael oher but you didnt include him at all. i wouldnt be angry if we took dre moore at 18 to be honest but in your scenario id be ok with kelly as well.

D-Unit
12-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Odds of that trade happening - 0%. In that situation I don't like Slaton and Avery as additions to the team. I don't think Slaton's game translates well in the NFL and Avery has too many question marks to be taken in Round 2, but he probably will by someone based off his 40 time.

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Odds of that trade happening - 0%. In that situation I don't like Slaton and Avery as additions to the team. I don't think Slaton's game translates well in the NFL and Avery has too many question marks to be taken in Round 2, but he probably will by someone based off his 40 time.

Based on value or Dallas not moving down?

Geo
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
61. Indianapolis Colts James Davis, RB, Clemson (Jr.)
I would cry tears of happiness and joy, and those tears will be able to power an automobile for 2 weeks.

OSUGiants17
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
great Giants draft

TACKLE
12-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I like the Atlanta Dallas trade. It makes a lot of sense. It's almost exactly the same situation as the Brady Quinn trade last year. I might have to put that trade in my mock if Brohm slips.

Bills2083
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Good job with the Bills

princefielder28
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
go job w/ GB!

Jensen
12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Good Cardinals picks.

PACKmanN
12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
don't understand why you wold give the packers a WLB...

T-RICH49
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
good Chiefs draft

cordscords
12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
A+ Packers Draft

Yung Flippa
12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Good Ravens picks, TROY NEEDS TO PLAY!!!!
Good Texans pick as well

aNYtitan
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Very happy with the Titans draft. Both picks fill an immediate need, a big play WR to turn short passes for plenty of YAC. I'm sure Vince would be happy to throw to Jackson in the flats. Vince would also be happy to throw to Rucker. Kinney is more suited as a number 2 TE, and Troupe has failed to live up to his potential. Rucker brings in an immediate over the field presence.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Good 1st for Oakland.Im ok with Connor but I see OT or DE as more of a need.

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Good 1st for Oakland.Im ok with Connor but I see OT or DE as more of a need.

I'm aware of the bigger need at OT and DE, i just thought Connor provided good value there, as opposed to an OT or DE.

Beans
12-12-2007, 09:35 PM
i f*cking love this bucs mock

the only thing better would be desean in round 1

BaLLiN
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
love giants picks

Gridiron
12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Amazing Jets picks.

Ewing
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
It would be very hard to pick between DeSean Jackson and James Hardy for the Titans and I don't think you could go wrong either way. Although, Hardy will help A LOT more in the redzone department.

NIN1984
12-12-2007, 10:29 PM
I like the Raiders mock.

thebow305
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
great phins draft

Caddy
12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
No major quarrels with either pick. Doucet would be a good addition to the WR corp and Brennan would be nice to develop for the future.

gdamac
12-13-2007, 02:03 AM
I like the Raiders mock, I wouldn't mind a trade down, but it's unlikely. With those two guys I think we would stop being terrible against the run, potentially anyway.

Jakey
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Good Steelers picks...i likey both of them!!! =D

Jakey
12-13-2007, 10:01 AM
This post is just cus i didnt want to stay on the post count of the devil ;)

drowe
12-13-2007, 10:55 AM
very good packer's draft

JT Jag
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I would cry tears of happiness and joy, and those tears will be able to power an automobile for 2 weeks.I have a feeling the Jags would draft James Davis there, just for the sake of depriving the Colts of Davis.

Geo
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Damn you, Teal Empire! You already stole Maurice Drew from the Colts.

;)

bearsfan_51
12-13-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd rather have Brohm than Otah. Otah would only be an option to me if the three QB's and Long/Clady are all off the board.

JT Jag
12-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I refuse to believe the Jaguars are going to spend a first day pick on wide receiver this year. I think we're going to go with what we have next year.

Reggie Williams is looking good, Mike Walker is a wild-card that showed tons of promise in the preseason but ended up on IR, Northcutt has been solid and Broussard shows promise as a speedy slot guy. They might also bring back Ernest Wilford as the steady possession guy (though he isn't that steady--- he drops his share of balls).

I think the staff should give all these guys a chance to gel.

Geo
12-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd rather have Brohm than Otah. Otah would only be an option to me if the three QB's and Long/Clady are all off the board.
I thought Brohm was overrated going into the season, but I actually think he's underrated now.

Diehard
12-13-2007, 05:14 PM
47. Denver Broncos Demario Pressley, DT, N.C. State

55. Miami Dolphins (from SD) Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

I'm curious to know why you think Denver would take Pressley over Balmer.

NYGibril28
12-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm curious to know why you think Denver would take Pressley over Balmer.

I think Pressley is a better run-stuffer than Balmer, something they lost in cutting Sam Adams.

johbur
12-14-2007, 03:43 AM
Not sure what the obsession is for people taking LBs high for the Packers, but maybe there's a lot of hate out there for Poppinga. He's in on the base defense and not in the nickel and dime package, but he's a decent run stopper. Not good in coverage. With Barnett and Hawk already there, I just don't see an early round LB, unless there's huge value. I do like Talib in R1, but I think he'll be gone by then.

Top notch AZ draft.

Finsfan79
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
no problem with the mcfadden pick if we can get good value for brown. For instance if we can get a 1st and a pic kfor brown (possible) from like the giants or cowboys it could be interesting imo.

not a huge groves fan but nice player

I would like to get some secondary help or a OG in the draft but maybe just me

football122
12-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Absolutely brilliant analysis of the number one overall situation for the Dolphins. I agree 100%.

Geo
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Over $60M, more than $30M of which is guaranteed, for a runningback? No thanks.

Don Killuminati
12-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Connor in Rd2 for Oakland is a pretty intriguing idea. I'd personally rather move Burgess and/or Clemons to OLB (neither has the size to be a starting DE, and both have experience at LB), but Connor would be a guy worth a look.
I think Pressley is a better run-stuffer than Balmer, something they lost in cutting Sam Adams.

They didn't lose anything by cutting Sam. That's why he was cut.

Either way, they definitely need help inside.

12-14-2007, 08:08 PM
whoa thats an amazing oakland draft, one of the best ive seen.

Bar-bq
12-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Good Rams draft, though I would prefer to see Chris Long and the Godser Cherilius.

But I'm satisfied, good job!

NYGibril28
12-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, will factor it all into my next mock.

furiousgod
12-16-2007, 11:21 PM
please no LB for the raiders! much rather prefer WR OT or DT again =D

diabsoule
12-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Love the mock. I don't see Rivers falling that far but still a Rivers/Laurinitis combo would be amazing.

KCJ58
12-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Jake Long and Lawrence Jackson. I love it

Flyboy
12-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Love the mock. I don't see Rivers falling that far but still a Rivers/Laurinitis combo would be amazing.

Yeah. Way too good imo, but still nice to dream.

Bobo
12-22-2007, 01:57 PM
No doubt the Titans could use WR help, I'm just not sold on Jackson.

Is Fred Davis not in that draft, or did I miss him? I've been more impressed with him as an all around TE than Rucker. Maybe even take Carlson over Rucker. A TN TE will have to block.