PDA

View Full Version : Severe Punishment's Pre-Draft Mock. (I only do 2 a year)

kevin148
02-20-2007, 12:14 AM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/2162/Review.aspx

ve spent the last 4 months on here ripping others drafts. Time for you to nit pick-a-part mine.

Caddy
02-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Whilst I like the Bucs 2nd and 3rd rounders the first pick is terrible. Why would they pass up a franchise LT?

KCJ58
02-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Rams picks

1. :D
2. :D
3. :D

I LUV IT GREAT JOB!

kevin148
02-20-2007, 12:18 AM
It was during the senior bowl practices that Gruden fell in love with the 19 year old Okoye. Tampa has a standing history of being a "hard nosed" football team. When McFarland and Sapp left...they left a gapping hole that has has a band aid on it named Chris Hovan. Being a Viking fan, I know how useless #99 is. The Bucs have an aging D.Brooks / R. Barber and if are to make any push next year to contend for the NFC South (a division they should finish no worse than 2nd IMO)..they need to do it
by going back to what they were. A Ball control team with it's superstars on D.

I actually like the Bucs to move down in round 1 over any other team.
The trouble will be finding a buyer.

Beans
02-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Whilst I like the Bucs 2nd and 3rd rounders the first pick is terrible. Why would they pass up a franchise LT?

Because Amobi is t3h shizzle.

...but I do agree. CJ>Thomas>Okoye

Shiver
02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't like the round three pick. Other than that, not bad for Atlanta.

thebow305
02-20-2007, 12:23 AM
That's probably one of the worst I've seen to date. You rip other people? You have no room to talk at all man, not after that debacle!

Just a few things....Gaines won't go number two, they are rumored to like him, but only if a trade down happens, if they stay put, it's probably thomas. Woodley is no longer a first rounder, some even question if he is still a first day guy. And I sincerely doubt that the bucs would go with Okoye at 4. They are rumored to love him and even with all the hype, that may be a little too high. I think in the end he will be the first DT taken, and the bucs could very well take him, but it would be more likely if they traded down. But in that situation where Calvin is gone... it COULD happen. But then again, Calvin at number 1 ...won't!

kevin148
02-20-2007, 12:27 AM
That's probably one of the worst I've seen to date. You rip other people? You have no room to talk at all man, not after that debacle!

Just a few things....Gaines won't go number two, they are rumored to like him, but only if a trade down happens, if they stay put, it's probably thomas. Woodley is no longer a first rounder, some even question if he is still a first day guy. And I sincerely doubt that the bucs would go with Okoye at 4. They are rumored to love him and even with all the hype, that may be a little too high. I think in the end he will be the first DT taken, and the bucs could very well take him, but it would be more likely if they traded down. But in that situation where Calvin is gone... it COULD happen. But then again, Calvin at number 1 ...won't!
Gaines very well could (and IMO SHOULD) go #2. The Lions have spent alot of money in Backus and although Joe Thomas would help...would it REALLY make the Lions an overall better team ? The answer is no.
Shaun Rogers has wasted away premier talent in Detroit with absolute zero help. He's triple teamed and their ends STILL can't manage to find a way to get pressure on QB's. Gaines Adams is the premier D-Lineman in the draft. I expect him to explode during the combine and solidify himself as a top 4 prospect in the draft. It's childish and immature to say "he won't" ...when that is an opinion...just like this mock, is mine.

Oh and the #1 prospect will go #1 in the draft...yeah, really far fetched for that to happen :roll:

kevin148
02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't like the round three pick. Other than that, not bad for Atlanta. It was either McBean or MeBane.
DT IMO is a must in round 3 for the Falcons. I believe McBean has a "nastier" streak in him than does any of the next 3 DT's in my rankings.

RaiderNation
02-20-2007, 12:41 AM
1st :D
2nd :)
3rd :?

why would we pass up kalil if he dropped to the 3rd? . he has connections to kiffin(usc). i like abiamiri but we could go for a pass rushing DE or run stuffing DT in the 4th. great 1st. good 2nd. i think staley would be better because he is a OT, sears is a OT/G and we have no need for a G. overall i will take it because we got the best player in the draft and addressed the oline

Pacaveli
02-20-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't think that Adam Carriker falls out of the first.

A-Dub4President
02-20-2007, 12:51 AM
As for the Cards picks:

1. Great pick.

2. Bad pick. Gerald Hayes played great at MLB. On the other hand Orlando Huff sucked it up at SLB. Rufus Alexander would be a great pick here.

3. Great pick.

TheChampIsHere
02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Love Okoye to the Bucs. If the Raider pick Calvin I think they pick him...although I do think that they would take Joe Thomas over him if he's there (not that he will be)...A few critiques in my quick glance over

1. Like I was saying, IF Joe Thomas is there. My point, no way in hell does Detroit pass him up, especially not for Gaines Adams who is a LONG way from being worth a no. 2 pick overall.
2. Drew Stanton at 14??? I dunno. He is gonna have to blow some people away to even be considered 1st round material. He didnt do anything great at the senior bowl, so he's off to a bad start if hes looking to follow Jay Cutlers footsteps. Why would the Panthers take him in the 1st? Tell me what team would take him before their 2nd rounder?
3. Raiders need a RT badly and Aaron Sears is not that guy, he is an OG. I cant see them passing on Staley for Sears, especially considering how much better Staley fits into the ZBS than Sears.
4. Buster Davis to the Cards? Gerald Hayes is coming off a great season. MLB will not be adressed day 1, probably not at all in the draft. They have plenty of bigger needs, FS, OL, DL, CB...
5. I dont really see Jon Beason fitting into a 3-4 defense too well. Hes not really a MLB and he's not big enough to play OLB in the 3-4. He might be able to pull it off, but the Pats would be more likely to pick one of the many LBs who fit into the 3-4 well...Moss, Spencer, Poz...
6. Pittock to the Jets I dont like b/c Pittock doesnt really fit into the 3-4.
7. Cincinatti has enough weapons on offense, they dont need a top pass-catching TE like Olsen. They're gonna want a TE who can block well and is a reliable receiver. And I dont see them adressing TE round 1, more like round 2 or 3, maybe even day 2. They need to go defense, specifically DB round 1.
8. Woodley is not a first round value and considering the Colts problems at LB and DT and the fact that they franchised Freeney theyre not gonna spend a first rounder on another undersized pass-rusher.
9. Adam Carriker slipped to middle round 1? I dont see any way he slips out of the top half of round 1 to be honest. 300 lb DE with good athleticism and pass-rushing ability who is expected to run in the 4.8s? There are a number of teams in the first round who will not pass on him under any circumstance...Jets for one and you have them passing on him not once but TWICE
10. Would love the Raiders to get Abiamiri in the third but I really dont see him falling that far....

Alright thats enough for now, although there are a lot more picks in here that dont make sense at all...honestly, this is a pretty awful mock. You just have a lot of players that dont make sense for teams, whether it be team need or schemes or whatever. For someone who admittedly rips peoples mocks all the time, this is a pretty dissapointing.

glennjamen3
02-20-2007, 01:33 AM
not too bad for the steelers, i dont see us taking a cb at all in day one though, let alone the first round. we have 3 starting-caliber cbs in taylor, mcfadden, and townsend. I would rather see a lb, o-lineman, or even de with this pick. not bad though, very interesting.

MikitsuroNa
02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Flat out worst Giants draft I have seen. We have too many holes to fill on defense to use our first round pick on a RB, give us Paul P or John Beason there.

Once again we have too many holes on defense to use a second round pick on Joe Staley, give us Aaron Ross there.

After we took Lynch in the first round why would we take Leonard in the 3rd??? That makes no sense at all, the FB in the NFL today is supposed to block and catch once in a while. Leonard will be a HB. Give us Tim Duckworth there.

So you get an F.

The Dynasty
02-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Knowning that your a Viking fan and who you like not surprised about the first pick. Quinn would be the face of the Franchise and would probably help the team out in the season. I do like the Second round pick with Meachem. He would help out the Vikings very much but I think he might be gone to SD or before. Another WR that could help us out if the Vikings dont go WR in FA.

I think the Mock is good, But Different. Like Drew Stanton first round.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 02:12 AM
My mock took less consideration into the style of player that they were in college and where I see their skills being utilized by their team.
I personally don't see Sears as a guard at all...if anything he'll be a RT and not a LT. But he's to big and long to play guard (IMO)

My eyes are burning and I'm trying to see all the responses before I have to get up before work....I threw a lot of players in who I feel will rise or players who could fall.

The biggest (and most obvious ones) are Carriker and Stanton.
Stanton has a good arm and the reason I have him up higher is I think he'll pull away from Kolb and Smith to grab that 3rd best QB slot.
If tha happens there are still 3 teams that almost have to position to pretend they'll grab him, or actually take him.

I'll comment on more tomorow...keep em comin' ...I ripped for 4 months I expect to see at least 2 pages full of these picks tommorow afternoon !
weeeeeeeeeee

TheChampIsHere
02-20-2007, 02:30 AM
My mock took less consideration into the style of player that they were in college and where I see their skills being utilized by their team.
I personally don't see Sears as a guard at all...if anything he'll be a RT and not a LT. But he's to big and long to play guard (IMO)

My eyes are burning and I'm trying to see all the responses before I have to get up before work....I threw a lot of players in who I feel will rise or players who could fall.

The biggest (and most obvious ones) are Carriker and Stanton.
Stanton has a good arm and the reason I have him up higher is I think he'll pull away from Kolb and Smith to grab that 3rd best QB slot.
If tha happens there are still 3 teams that almost have to position to pretend they'll grab him, or actually take him.

I'll comment on more tomorow...keep em comin' ...I ripped for 4 months I expect to see at least 2 pages full of these picks tommorow afternoon !
weeeeeeeeeee

aight some more for you....

1. 1st off, in response to Sears, he is 6'4'', 320, how is that too big for an OG? That is ideal weight. On the contrary, I dont believe he has the athleticism to play on the perimeter in the NFL and will have to play OG...And he certainly doesn't have the quickness or athleticism to play OT in a ZBS.
2. Like the other guy said about the Steelers, CB isn't 1st round need, not even really a 1st day need. They need help on their front 7 on D, OL and at HB much more. No way do they pass on Timmons for Hall.
3. You seem to have put some thought into have Carriker fall that far...You had better have a good explanation because it seems ludicrous to me. If anything, I think his stock is soaring, not freefalling.
4. The reason Cutler went 11 last year wasnt because he was the number 3 QB. It was because he was so impressive in workouts he had a lot of scouts rating him AHEAD of Vince and Leinart. Stanton may be the number 3 QB, but theres still no way he goes any earlier than round 2, probably round 2 to the Panthers is his ceiling. Stanton is nowhere near as good a QB as Russell/Quinn and simply wont get a first round grade and the Panthers wont be passing on guys like Lawrence Timmons and Reggie Nelson for Stanton.
5. Dolphins will be running a 3-4 and at 235 lbs, I dont really think Earl Everett fits into that. He is fit to be a WLB in a 4-3.
6. Anthony Waters mid round 2?
7. Marcus Thomas round 2???? He's got almost no shot of even going day 8. Just cuz he is a character concern doesnt mean Cincinatti will seek him out. If anything, Cincy will be trying to stay away from those type of players after this past year.
9. Joel Newton round 2? Plus TE is really not a big need for the Bears, especially not one they would reach on Newton for. Desmond Clark has been excellent.
10. Like the other guy said, the Giants aren't about to use 2 first day picks on backs. If Lynch falls to them I agree they cant pass him up, but they dont use their 3rd on Leonard, they have way too many needs to do that. Besides, Leonard wont last that long anyways.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 03:06 AM
[TheChampIsHere"]
aight some more for you....

1. 1st off, in response to Sears, he is 6'4'', 320, how is that too big for an OG? That is ideal weight. On the contrary, I dont believe he has the athleticism to play on the perimeter in the NFL and will have to play OG...And he certainly doesn't have the quickness or athleticism to play OT in a ZBS.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/arronsears.html
Scott , like many articles I've read, talk about his quickness. When I saw Tennessee play (and payed attention to the line) the 1 guy I noticed that looked quick for his size was Sears. His quickness is his best attribute, then his ability to lock on (hands /arms) and will be a very good tackle.
He played guard too...but because of his size and speed, I just see him as a tackle. Guards don't have to be as talented (which is why they're usually payed less) and they're easier to find than a guy who has a chance to be a stud on the outside.

2. Like the other guy said about the Steelers, CB isn't 1st round need, not even really a 1st day need. They need help on their front 7 on D, OL and at HB much more. No way do they pass on Timmons for Hall.
I like Timmons to and believe he's one of the more under the radar guys who has a real chance to make an impact this year. However..Townsend
has underperformed and alot of people think he could move to FS.
If that happens then they'll have 2 good LCB's and no one on the right side worth much (IMO). Plus at 15 a guy who could be a solid Tampa 2 cover corner (Tomlin was brought in for a reason...his success with the Tampa 2 and I expect the Steelers to play some form of it under his tenure) is to hard to pass on. Leon Hall at 15 is a blessing..not a curse.

3. You seem to have put some thought into have Carriker fall that far...You had better have a good explanation because it seems ludicrous to me. If anything, I think his stock is soaring, not freefalling.
Let's be honest, before the Senior Bowl I don't think to many people were THAT high on Carriker. I think he turned heads but a bad combine will turn them back around. I could've very easily put him where I have Charles Johnson going [21st round 1 to Denver] and honestly believe that whoever has the better combine of the 2 will be the pick there.
The other will free fall. DE is a deep position and it could very likely happen.

4. The reason Cutler went 11 last year wasnt because he was the number 3 QB. It was because he was so impressive in workouts he had a lot of scouts rating him AHEAD of Vince and Leinart. Stanton may be the number 3 QB, but theres still no way he goes any earlier than round 2, probably round 2 to the Panthers is his ceiling. Stanton is nowhere near as good a QB as Russell/Quinn and simply wont get a first round grade and the Panthers wont be passing on guys like Lawrence Timmons and Reggie Nelson for Stanton.
There are at least 5 teams that absolutly will look to QB. Regardless
of how "bad" they may perform during the combine it's highly unlikely that the top 3 don't get taken round 1. I wouldn't be suprised if all top 5 got taken day 1. QB is the 1 position where there isn't always 4 guys to choose from. Next years QB crop will be 1 person deep (Brohm) and even he has a ton of question marks. I'm not convinced that he'd have been the 3rd QB gone this year, but that's a different topic.
The QB to the Panthers is because Jake Delhome might as well wear #16 on his back and be Jake Plummer the 2nd. he's erratic and inconsistent and he's not a spring chicken. Stanton is a strong armed kid whose faced tough competition and put up decent games. Once the combine starts his strong arm will have people remembering Jay Cutler (not comparing him) but because of Cutler's early career success the Panthers just can't hold back and hope Delhome gets better..they have to take steps to make sure the teams future doesn't spiral out of control with another mid season mindmeltdown. They need better options. And the Panthers won't be able to live down passing on him , especially if he goes to say a baltimore and has decent success.

5. Dolphins will be running a 3-4 and at 235 lbs, I dont really think Earl Everett fits into that. He is fit to be a WLB in a 4-3.
And I feel that Everett's skill will allow him to play either. He's faster than given credit for and has decent cover skills. The only set I wouldn't like him in would be a cover 2.

6. Anthony Waters mid round 2?
It's a reach, but again most drafts now are basing the skills they saw against what ? I think Waters will have a fine combine...2 might be high, he is probably a 3rd round guy right now..but hey, with a quick 40 and
he'll jump up boards. (1 CB does every year).

7. Marcus Thomas round 2???? He's got almost no shot of even going day 8. Just cuz he is a character concern doesnt mean Cincinatti will seek him out. If anything, Cincy will be trying to stay away from those type of players after this past year.
This was just a monkey wrench. Cincy is the hardest team to draft for. On Paper they have almost no holes. even their depth is solid. And "on paper" they should've been facing the Colts in the AFC championship. It's character and effort that keeps them from reaching that next plateau as a team. Hard to mock for a team like that.

9. Joel Newton round 2? Plus TE is really not a big need for the Bears, especially not one they would reach on Newton for. Desmond Clark has been excellent. Again, just like Cincy the playoff teams are hardest to get a feel for. Newton wouldn't step in right away but Clark has a history of being hurt (this year was an exception) ...but no team can
or would turn it's back on a chance to get deeper at their shallowest positions.

10. Like the other guy said, the Giants aren't about to use 2 first day picks on backs. If Lynch falls to them I agree they cant pass him up, but they dont use their 3rd on Leonard, they have way too many needs to do that. Besides, Leonard wont last that long anyways.
I was floored when I read "MAJOR holes" when talking about the Giants....ummm they did make the playoffs didn't they ? Which means there weren't that many holes on either side. annnnyway.
Barber is retired and it's foolish to think the Giants can go into next year with only Brandon Jacobs able to carry more than 10 times a game.
I won't appologize for the M.L. Pick , not only because it makes sense ...but because it'd be ludicris to pass on him for more talent on D (or elsewhere) when the hole at RB is big enough for 2 guys.
Jim Finn is garbage and Leonard is an immediate upgrade.....could they have used a player to contend for a different spot ? of course.
But is Leonard a horrible pick considering the value he'd give a Jacobs and Lynch combo ? ...not in the least. In fact ...I'm curious.
Where are these GIANT holes of which you speak ?

GermanSaint
02-20-2007, 03:33 AM
bad saints draft

kevin148
02-20-2007, 03:43 AM
bad saints draft
Very insightful. Well worth the time to post.

TheChampIsHere
02-20-2007, 04:04 AM
At least you are showing you have some rationale for these picks, not that I am sold...

Scott , like many articles I've read, talk about his quickness. When I saw Tennessee play (and payed attention to the line) the 1 guy I noticed that looked quick for his size was Sears. His quickness is his best attribute, then his ability to lock on (hands /arms) and will be a very good tackle.
He played guard too...but because of his size and speed, I just see him as a tackle. Guards don't have to be as talented (which is why they're usually payed less) and they're easier to find than a guy who has a chance to be a stud on the outside.

I agree about his quickness, but IMO, he is a guy who I would call very quick for an OG. Move him to OT and he won't seem as quick and Im pretty sure I saw Scott saying somewhere how he didnt believe Sears really projects to OT at the pro level. he might be able to make it as a RT somewhere, but I dont think in the ZBS. I think he could be a good OG in the ZBS b/c of his short area quickness, but OG isnt nearly as big a need as OT and thats why I like Staley, who is simply ideal for the ZBS and ideal for the Raiders.

I like Timmons to and believe he's one of the more under the radar guys who has a real chance to make an impact this year. However..Townsend
If that happens then they'll have 2 good LCB's and no one on the right side worth much (IMO). Plus at 15 a guy who could be a solid Tampa 2 cover corner (Tomlin was brought in for a reason...his success with the Tampa 2 and I expect the Steelers to play some form of it under his tenure) is to hard to pass on. Leon Hall at 15 is a blessing..not a curse.

I dont think Hall is nearly as big a steal as youre making him out to be. I cant even think of anyone ahead of Pittsburgh (maybe BUF, but I doubt it) that will realistically use their pick on him. He might not even be the top CB by draft day. And I dunno about your rationale about 2 good LCB, im sure either Taylor or McFadden, who are both extremely solid starters, can make the switch to RCB. I haven't known CBs to have a hard time switching from one side to the other. A lot of teams have their CBs frequently switching sides throughout the game.

Let's be honest, before the Senior Bowl I don't think to many people were THAT high on Carriker. I think he turned heads but a bad combine will turn them back around. I could've very easily put him where I have Charles Johnson going [21st round 1 to Denver] and honestly believe that whoever has the better combine of the 2 will be the pick there.
The other will free fall. DE is a deep position and it could very likely happen.

Honestly, I thought of Carriker as a freak before he ever lit up the senior bowl. But lets not pretend like the senior bowl is insignificant, its one of the best ways for a prospect to raise his stock. Look no further than last year with guys like Jay Cutler, Davin Joseph....I think 15 first rounders played in the senior bowl. His performance will help his stock.

And there are a lot of DEs in this class, but a lot of teams need DEs. I look at all the teams that would love to have Carriker and I cant see him falling nearly that far...

SF at 11 (perfect fit for 3-4), BUF at 12(its possible, he would improve a weak run D), STL at 13(perfect complement for Little), CAR at 14(they already cut Wallace and they might cut Rucker), PIT at 15 (he'd fit into both the 3-4 at DE and the cover 2 at DT), GB (they need someone to play the run downs for KGB, who is considered to be over the hill), JAX(they'd probly rather have a pass-rusher but they could use help at DE), DEN, KC(Hicks isnt doin a whole lot and what if they lose Allen to FA?), NYJ(they need 3-4 DE and Carriker is ideal), BAL (they could use a good DE who can play in the 3-4 and 4-3), IND (they could put him at DT, he'd probly do well there in the cover 2)

I might have stretch a little bit with a couple teams like IND and JAX, but I named about 10 teams that should be seriously interested in Carriker and you have some of them passing on him TWICE...No way does he even make it out of the 1st.

And I feel that Everett's skill will allow him to play either. He's faster than given credit for and has decent cover skills. The only set I wouldn't like him in would be a cover 2.

I dont question his skill but hes flat out undersized for the 3-4 and I dont think a 3-4 team would really spend a 2nd rounder on a 235 lb backer.

It's a reach, but again most drafts now are basing the skills they saw against what ? I think Waters will have a fine combine...2 might be high, he is probably a 3rd round guy right now..but hey, with a quick 40 and

Im all for being bold with some guys who will jump up draft boards because those surprises always happen on draft day, this was just a very unexpected one to me. Its a lot harder for a MLB to raise up draft boards based on 40 time than a CB also. MLB is flat out not a position where 40 time is valued as high as other positions.

This was just a monkey wrench. Cincy is the hardest team to draft for. On Paper they have almost no holes. even their depth is solid. And "on paper" they should've been facing the Colts in the AFC championship. It's character and effort that keeps them from reaching that next plateau as a team. Hard to mock for a team like that.

I dunno Cincy has a clear need at DB and then needs some help along the front 7 and at TE. Also they could use a HB (later in the draft)....But just flat out how did you ever get Marcus Thomas round 2? I dont see him going before round 5 honestly. Round 4 if hes lucky. And honestly, I think the Bengals, of all teams, would stay away from him. These character problems have been an embarrasment and theyve made their displeasure clear. Expect them to go for high character guys in this draft.

Again, just like Cincy the playoff teams are hardest to get a feel for. Newton wouldn't step in right away but Clark has a history of being hurt (this year was an exception) ...but no team can
or would turn it's back on a chance to get deeper at their shallowest positions.

Decent enough reasoning and I do think they take a TE at some point in this draft but they can get a TE just as good as Newton anywhere from round 3-5. Why not have em take Ben Delaware if youre gonna give em a TE?

I was floored when I read "MAJOR holes" when talking about the Giants....ummm they did make the playoffs didn't they ? Which means there weren't that many holes on either side. annnnyway.
Barber is retired and it's foolish to think the Giants can go into next year with only Brandon Jacobs able to carry more than 10 times a game.
I won't appologize for the M.L. Pick , not only because it makes sense ...but because it'd be ludicris to pass on him for more talent on D (or elsewhere) when the hole at RB is big enough for 2 guys.
Jim Finn is garbage and Leonard is an immediate upgrade.....could they have used a player to contend for a different spot ? of course.
But is Leonard a horrible pick considering the value he'd give a Jacobs and Lynch combo ? ...not in the least. In fact ...I'm curious.

They do have giant holes. First off, they made the playoffs by default last year, they didnt deserve to be there and they got booted 1st round by a not-so-impressive eagle team for a reason. LT, a critical position, which could kill their season, they have no one there really. OLB, they cut Arrington and Emmons and pretty much only have Wilkinson now. CB? Corey Webster is awful, Sam Madison is over the hill, they dont have depth, major need. HB? All they have is Jacobs and I like him but he is not a complete back. They to bring in a back to share time with him. WR is even a need. Toomer is a guy who is on the decline and Moss looks like nothing more than a slot receiver. S another position of need after Wilson and Demps were both pretty dissapointing. DT? William Joseph blows, Cofield is solid but nothing special, Robbins is aging but still pretty effective....The Giants have some excellent talent at some positions, but they have as many holes to fill as any team in these league. Besides, Tiki carried this team last year and was by far their team MVP. Now hes gone. This team has a lot of major needs and unless Eli makes some major strides, this team will be picking top 10 next year.

I agree about Lynch, they cant pass on him at 20, thats a flat out steal and they need a HB. Staley in round 2, good, they need a LT badly. Round 3? Leonard? Jim Finn isnt good? True enough....But given all the needs I stated on defense do you really think they can afford to make a move to improve at the FB position day 1? Youre saying they use all their day 1 picks on offense with a D that on paper looks like swiss cheese? Also, Leonards real value is that he is a great pass-catcher and ball carrier, not that he is a great lead blocker. And with Lynch and Jacobs, they have 2 excellent ball carriers and a good receiving back in Lynch. Youre underestimating Jacobs if you think he can only take 10 carries a game. Hes a somewhat limited player, but he has the makings of an absolute beast. They dont need another ballcarrier. If they want to uprgade at FB, Leonard isnt even the logical guy. They can go after a veteran leadblocking FB in FA or take one late in the draft. Leonard makes 0 sense

of how "bad" they may perform during the combine it's highly unlikely that the top 3 don't get taken round 1. I wouldn't be suprised if all top 5 got taken day 1. QB is the 1 position where there isn't always 4 guys to choose from. Next years QB crop will be 1 person deep (Brohm) and even he has a ton of question marks. I'm not convinced that he'd have been the 3rd QB gone this year, but that's a different topic.
The QB to the Panthers is because Jake Delhome might as well wear #16 on his back and be Jake Plummer the 2nd. he's erratic and inconsistent and he's not a spring chicken. Stanton is a strong armed kid whose faced tough competition and put up decent games. Once the combine starts his strong arm will have people remembering Jay Cutler (not comparing him) but because of Cutler's early career success the Panthers just can't hold back and hope Delhome gets better..they have to take steps to make sure the teams future doesn't spiral out of control with another mid season mindmeltdown. They need better options. And the Panthers won't be able to live down passing on him , especially if he goes to say a baltimore and has decent success.

I agree Delhomme played like crap last year and I think Stanton is a great fit with the Panthers, but I cant imagine anyone picking him round 1 honestly. And the Panthers have plenty of other prospects. Theyre gonna have a chance to get a top tier S (Landry, Nelson), a top LB (Willis, Timmons), a top DL (Okoye, Carriker, Johnson, Moss)....these are all major needs as well and all those guys are BY FAR better prospects than Stanton. And like I said, Cutler is very unique. He put on a flat out show at the combine and senior bowl. Stanton didnt show us anything special at the senior bowl and I dont think he has the kind of arm Cutler has either. Honestly, if Stanton was to even be considered as a 1st rounder, he would have needed to lite up the senior bowl and he didnt do that so IMO he already blew his chance at 1st round no matter how good he does at the combine, not that Im expecting him to do nearly as well as Cutler, who was possibly the no. 1 stanout at the combine (probly 2nd behind Vernon Davis) Besides, its not like there arent some decent QBs that can be had round 3 or 4 if Stanton somehow doesnt make it to them...Edwards, Kolb. The Panthers need an impact defender and cant afford to spend their first rounder on a QB unless its Quinn or Russell. Or they can get a veteran QB and wait. Either way, the Panthers aren't desperate enough to make a reach like that. No one is desperate enough to reach for Stanton round 1, let alone top half round 1. If he puts on a flat out show at the combine maybe ill consider it possible he slips into late round 1, but that hasnt happened. Besides, if the Panthers really want Stanton round 1 theyll probly use their 1st rounder on a defender and then trade up into the late 1st round with someone looking to move down the same way the Skins did for Campbell and the Bills for Lossman. 14 is just ludicrous for Stanton.

I got 10 more for you to answer earlier in the topic too. :wink:

BTW, you dont have to be too proud to admit youre wrong about some picks. I have made bad picks before and get called on it and I say I see your point im gonna change it.

T-RICH49
02-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Josh Beekman in RD 2(since Shields is reportedly going to retire and Kareem Brown in RD 3

ftbl88
02-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Not a good pick for the Eagles. We don't need any OLBs in the first round or even first day, maybe even in the draft at all. Give us Merweather or a DE in the first. I'd say DE since you gave us Rouse, but he is not an upgrade over our original SS. I know we need help stopping the run, but if the safeties are doing that, its not their problem. A DE like Carriker if available would be a good pick in the first round to give us a possible safety in round two who is good in coverage as well as against the run. If we get a safety in the first and no good DEs are left, Brian Leonard may be a pick if he is still on the board.

scar988
02-20-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't like the round three pick. Other than that, not bad for Atlanta. It was either McBean or MeBane.
DT IMO is a must in round 3 for the Falcons. I believe McBean has a "nastier" streak in him than does any of the next 3 DT's in my rankings.DT is not a need at all for Atlanta. especially not a lighter one like McBean. we have Coleman, Babineaux, Jackson, Jackson and Shropshire. we need a DE to replace Kerney

GermanSaint
02-20-2007, 07:23 AM
bad saints draft
Very insightful. Well worth the time to post.

more worth than the time you spend in the saints needs :?

Matthew Jones
02-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Beason and Pittman are definitely bad picks. Beason in the first to a 3-4 team? I would prefer Eric Weddle there. Dwayne Bowe isn't bad, Aaron Ross is great. We could take a linebacker in the third over Pittman.

Bohleive
02-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I can find fault with all the Ravens picks, especially the first and second. Jarvis Moss is not a good enough value to justify that pick, he will be a back up for at least two years while learning the LB position, and if he ever does beat out Dan Cody, we'll have a very quality guy riding the bench who was a 2nd rd pick, pretty much wasted. If you give us that position, it had better be BPA or damn close to it and Jarvis Moss is not that. Second pick has to be Hunt, RB is a HUGE need, much bigger than G and Hunt is at least as good a value as Beekman there. Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool with Beekman if we picked up a RB in the 1st or through FA, but we need to have a RB who can at least be productive splitting time with Mike Anderson, the chances of the drastically decline the longer we wait. I think at this point, the Ravens second rdr almost has to be a RB.

dcrls
02-20-2007, 09:41 AM
1st= :? can snag a DE in the 2nd round (Charles Johnson preferably)
2nd= :cry: prefer a DE or a CB
3rd= :evil: nope, were sticking to Calhoun, Bryson/Cason until Jones is fully healed.

FOOTBALLFAN09
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh, I love the Charger's picks. If it turned out like that I would be ecstatic. Very nice.

Finsfan79
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
weird it says resources not found when I click it dude

bucknut12
02-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
TheChampIsHere"]At least you are showing you have some rationale for these picks, not that I am sold...

I agree about his quickness, but IMO, he is a guy who I would call very quick for an OG. Move him to OT and he won't seem as quick and Im pretty sure I saw Scott saying somewhere how he didnt believe Sears really projects to OT at the pro level. he might be able to make it as a RT somewhere, but I dont think in the ZBS. I think he could be a good OG in the ZBS b/c of his short area quickness, but OG isnt nearly as big a need as OT and thats why I like Staley, who is simply ideal for the ZBS and ideal for the Raiders.

I was thinking along the lines of Gallery who isn't really a good fit for the ZBS (if I'm wrong please let me know) at Iowa he wasn't asked to scheme ...just crush the End or Tackle going at you.
He has seemed limited because of a lack of quickness to his spots.
His hands and arm strength isn't usually a factor because a speed end
will simply beat him without hand to hand.

I like Staley too...just believe whatever lineman they take , they have to fill a starting slot right away. I have them taking a WR in the first which means Brooks or Walters would be under center and neither would be confussed with Mike Vick. The Raiders are basically going to live and die next season based on Porter and Moss' attitudes almost regardless of what offensvie weapon they take in the 1st this year. I think we both have agreed on that point before.

I dont think Hall is nearly as big a steal as youre making him out to be. I cant even think of anyone ahead of Pittsburgh (maybe BUF, but I doubt it) that will realistically use their pick on him. He might not even be the top CB by draft day. And I dunno about your rationale about 2 good LCB, im sure either Taylor or McFadden, who are both extremely solid starters, can make the switch to RCB. I haven't known CBs to have a hard time switching from one side to the other. A lot of teams have their CBs frequently switching sides throughout the game.

Sometimes I believe CB's get used to covering a side of the field based on their comfort level with their sides safety. for example for the Vikes when A.Winfiled is forced into motion and covers on the weakside he knows whatever SS is in (usually was Dwight Smith) he played much more physical at the line ..compared to when he went strong side and knew his over the top help was Sharper. This allowed him to play a more
shallow zone and charge in on balls rather than force a WR to spend time at the line to try an beat him deep.
As for Hall his stock really has taken a hit because of the USC Bowl game
and unfairly. It wasn't hall who covered Jarrett...but Jarrett's big day makes the fan who doesn't bother to watch the game say "well if Hall was so great why not just put him on Jarrett". Michigan seemed content with having Hall cover Steve Smith (who was shut down btw).
Hall will have a great combine, re-establish himself as a dominant corner (not shutdown by any means) and with the Steelers he's a Cb that Tomlin will love...aggressive, relentless and great technique.
The Steelers are a year removed from winning the S.B. and they did it with power football and defense. I fully expect them to go D round 1....unless they absolutely fall in love with a WR...but even then I'm not convinced a Defensive minded H.C. goes WR before shoring up that D.

Honestly, I thought of Carriker as a freak before he ever lit up the senior bowl. But lets not pretend like the senior bowl is insignificant, its one of the best ways for a prospect to raise his stock. Look no further than last year with guys like Jay Cutler, Davin Joseph....I think 15 first rounders played in the senior bowl. His performance will help his stock.

And there are a lot of DEs in this class, but a lot of teams need DEs. I look at all the teams that would love to have Carriker and I cant see him falling nearly that far...

SF at 11 (perfect fit for 3-4), BUF at 12(its possible, he would improve a weak run D), STL at 13(perfect complement for Little), CAR at 14(they already cut Wallace and they might cut Rucker), PIT at 15 (he'd fit into both the 3-4 at DE and the cover 2 at DT), GB (they need someone to play the run downs for KGB, who is considered to be over the hill), JAX(they'd probly rather have a pass-rusher but they could use help at DE), DEN, KC(Hicks isnt doin a whole lot and what if they lose Allen to FA?), NYJ(they need 3-4 DE and Carriker is ideal), BAL (they could use a good DE who can play in the 3-4 and 4-3), IND (they could put him at DT, he'd probly do well there in the cover 2)

I might have stretch a little bit with a couple teams like IND and JAX, but I named about 10 teams that should be seriously interested in Carriker and you have some of them passing on him TWICE...No way does he even make it out of the 1st. Carriker to me is one of the hardest guys to place in this draft. His skills suggest all that you have mentioned.
But his lack of dominance at any 1 skill makes me wonder if teams really believe he's worth a round 1 pick. For me I wouldn't be suprised at him being taken by any of the teams you mention. However, I wouldn't be suprised if he (or Charles Johnson) again "slip" to the top of the 2nd...because of depth at the position and combine results.

DE's and QB's really aren't comparable in anyway. But I understand the point you were making. But QB's are lusted after in a way DE's never will be.

I dont question his skill but hes flat out undersized for the 3-4 and I dont think a 3-4 team would really spend a 2nd rounder on a 235 lb backer.
Actually I was thinking of him more along the lines of a Terrell Suggs... a blitzing LB with cover skills. I wouldn't want more weight on him.

Im all for being bold with some guys who will jump up draft boards because those surprises always happen on draft day, this was just a very unexpected one to me. Its a lot harder for a MLB to raise up draft boards based on 40 time than a CB also. MLB is flat out not a position where 40 time is valued as high as other positions.
Agree.

I dunno Cincy has a clear need at DB and then needs some help along the front 7 and at TE. Also they could use a HB (later in the draft)....But just flat out how did you ever get Marcus Thomas round 2? I dont see him going before round 5 honestly. Round 4 if hes lucky. And honestly, I think the Bengals, of all teams, would stay away from him. These character problems have been an embarrasment and theyve made their displeasure clear. Expect them to go for high character guys in this draft.

Again, just like Cincy the playoff teams are hardest to get a feel for. Newton wouldn't step in right away but Clark has a history of being hurt (this year was an exception) ...but no team can

Decent enough reasoning and I do think they take a TE at some point in this draft but they can get a TE just as good as Newton anywhere from round 3-5. Why not have em take Ben Delaware if youre gonna give em a TE?

I think Newton is a terrific prospect. His body type says he can gain 20 lbs easily and he has good speed and nice hands for a big man.
I'm not as familiar with Ben Delaware...however I'll see what I can find on him.

They do have giant holes. First off, they made the playoffs by default last year, they didnt deserve to be there and they got booted 1st round by a not-so-impressive eagle team for a reason. LT, a critical position, which could kill their season, they have no one there really. OLB, they cut Arrington and Emmons and pretty much only have Wilkinson now. CB? Corey Webster is awful, Sam Madison is over the hill, they dont have depth, major need. HB? All they have is Jacobs and I like him but he is not a complete back. They to bring in a back to share time with him. WR is even a need. Toomer is a guy who is on the decline and Moss looks like nothing more than a slot receiver. S another position of need after Wilson and Demps were both pretty dissapointing. DT? William Joseph blows, Cofield is solid but nothing special, Robbins is aging but still pretty effective....The Giants have some excellent talent at some positions, but they have as many holes to fill as any team in these league. Besides, Tiki carried this team last year and was by far their team MVP. Now hes gone. This team has a lot of major needs and unless Eli makes some major strides, this team will be picking top 10 next year.

I agree about Lynch, they cant pass on him at 20, thats a flat out steal and they need a HB. Staley in round 2, good, they need a LT badly. Round 3? Leonard? Jim Finn isnt good? True enough....But given all the needs I stated on defense do you really think they can afford to make a move to improve at the FB position day 1? Youre saying they use all their day 1 picks on offense with a D that on paper looks like swiss cheese? Also, Leonards real value is that he is a great pass-catcher and ball carrier, not that he is a great lead blocker. And with Lynch and Jacobs, they have 2 excellent ball carriers and a good receiving back in Lynch. Youre underestimating Jacobs if you think he can only take 10 carries a game. Hes a somewhat limited player, but he has the makings of an absolute beast. They dont need another ballcarrier. If they want to uprgade at FB, Leonard isnt even the logical guy. They can go after a veteran leadblocking FB in FA or take one late in the draft. Leonard makes 0 sense The Giants I only know "face value" guess I wasn't paying attention when they cut Aarrington AND Emmons. I know
Madison is old...but did he really play that poorly last year ?
DT I know is a concern...but aren't they really run pluggers ? Don't they expect their pressure up front to come from Kiwi and Strahan ?
On Jacobs ...I meant he's the only guy on the roster who can carry 10 times or more a game. not 10 exactly or around that number. If Jacobs tweeks aknee in preseason, where do the Giants turn ?
Leonard is to me a better version of Finn. Finn they try and work in the system but he fails to make any impact. Plus Leo could take 2 or 3 carries a game and move the chains.....I know 3 offensive players sounds bad, but to me that's where they need improvement the most.
I don't actually think they'll take 3 on offense with their first 3 picks...but I did it to illustrate my feelings as to where I think they need to go.
They took Eli and gave up a ton to get him. To me you make sure you give him every chance to succeed.

I agree Delhomme played like crap last year and I think Stanton is a great fit with the Panthers, but I cant imagine anyone picking him round 1 honestly. And the Panthers have plenty of other prospects. Theyre gonna have a chance to get a top tier S (Landry, Nelson), a top LB (Willis, Timmons), a top DL (Okoye, Carriker, Johnson, Moss)....these are all major needs as well and all those guys are BY FAR better prospects than Stanton. And like I said, Cutler is very unique. He put on a flat out show at the combine and senior bowl. Stanton didnt show us anything special at the senior bowl and I dont think he has the kind of arm Cutler has either. Honestly, if Stanton was to even be considered as a 1st rounder, he would have needed to lite up the senior bowl and he didnt do that so IMO he already blew his chance at 1st round no matter how good he does at the combine, not that Im expecting him to do nearly as well as Cutler, who was possibly the no. 1 stanout at the combine (probly 2nd behind Vernon Davis) Besides, its not like there arent some decent QBs that can be had round 3 or 4 if Stanton somehow doesnt make it to them...Edwards, Kolb. The Panthers need an impact defender and cant afford to spend their first rounder on a QB unless its Quinn or Russell. Or they can get a veteran QB and wait. Either way, the Panthers aren't desperate enough to make a reach like that. No one is desperate enough to reach for Stanton round 1, let alone top half round 1. If he puts on a flat out show at the combine maybe ill consider it possible he slips into late round 1, but that hasnt happened. Besides, if the Panthers really want Stanton round 1 theyll probly use their 1st rounder on a defender and then trade up into the late 1st round with someone looking to move down the same way the Skins did for Campbell and the Bills for Lossman. 14 is just ludicrous for Stanton. Far fetched ? Perhaps ...ludicris might be a bit far though. Delhome clearly isn't the leader he was made out to be after their trip to the Bowl and now with MeShawn there...they need a young QB in the wings in case jake breaks down again. Chris Wienke (St.Paul ..my hometown...alumn) isn't the answer to any NFL jeopardy question. Carolina was picked by many to go far last year and they failed to even make the playoffs in a very watered down conference.
John Fox's job is probably on the line ...and he needs a major impact rookie to throw hope into the wind. Trent Edwads more than Stanton to me needs a great combine to be at least a 2nd round pick.
and Kolb's weird arm angle when he throws isn't going to win him any bonus points with GM's...or scouting personel. Stanton to me is the head and shoulders #3. Troy Smith is probably 4th with Edwards being 5th...but hey, it's February we haven't had the combine yet and lots of things can change.

I got 10 more for you to answer earlier in the topic too. :wink:
Awesome..I look forward to it.

BTW, you dont have to be too proud to admit youre wrong about some picks. I have made bad picks before and get called on it and I say I see your point im gonna change it. Well when I'm wrong , I'll let you know about it first :lol: :lol:

kevin148
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
weird it says resources not found when I click it dude

That is odd...try this one.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

If this link doesn't work...
you may have to register (I didn't have to though when reading other mocks')

Good luck getting in though.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
3rd= :evil: nope, were sticking to Calhoun, Bryson/Cason until Jones is fully healed.

Gaines Adams is exactly the kind of pass rusher the Lions need.
(actually they need 2 ends, 2 LB's 2 corners and a safety)
The #2 pick requires you take #2 talent (Since Johnson is off the board it would then be Russell, Quinn, Thomas, & Adams) right now a guy like Jammal Anderson makes sense but only if Det trades down (which it won't)
Taking a Joe Thomas would allow more flexibility and Quinn or Russell would give fans hope...but Detroit has neglected defense for so long...that Ernie Simms last year shouldn't be the solution in itself....it should be a part of the solution. It's easier to get a Sears/ Grubbs / Staley / Harris...ect ect for line help later without having to pay big bucks for O-Line...also Charles Johnson is no where near the talent that G.A. is.

As far as Pittman... Kevin Jones has 3 years in and 2 years he's spent most of those seasons on the injured list. He's good when healthy, problem is ..that's not often enough.
At the very least Pittman could be a 10 touch guy who woudn't give the Lions that massive drop they have now from Jones to...Schleshinger...or whatever other FB they try and make a RB. Calhoun is way to small to be an everydown back and at best he's a 3rd down guy who can return punts....not much else. ...oh and Buffalo wanted to let Detroit know "Shawn Bryson sucks".

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
The link is broken, doesn't work for me...

Vikes99ej
02-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Severe Punishment, you really want Quinn on the Vikings, don't you?

dcrls
02-20-2007, 06:59 PM

Gaines Adams is exactly the kind of pass rusher the Lions need.
(actually they need 2 ends, 2 LB's 2 corners and a safety)
The #2 pick requires you take #2 talent (Since Johnson is off the board it would then be Russell, Quinn, Thomas, & Adams) right now a guy like Jammal Anderson makes sense but only if Det trades down (which it won't)
Taking a Joe Thomas would allow more flexibility and Quinn or Russell would give fans hope...but Detroit has neglected defense for so long...that Ernie Simms last year shouldn't be the solution in itself....it should be a part of the solution. It's easier to get a Sears/ Grubbs / Staley / Harris...ect ect for line help later without having to pay big bucks for O-Line...also Charles Johnson is no where near the talent that G.A. is.

As far as Pittman... Kevin Jones has 3 years in and 2 years he's spent most of those seasons on the injured list. He's good when healthy, problem is ..that's not often enough.
At the very least Pittman could be a 10 touch guy who woudn't give the Lions that massive drop they have now from Jones to...Schleshinger...or whatever other FB they try and make a RB. Calhoun is way to small to be an everydown back and at best he's a 3rd down guy who can return punts....not much else. ...oh and Buffalo wanted to let Detroit know "Shawn Bryson sucks".

eh, ok i see your reasoning. who said shawn bryson sucks?

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM
to be able to see one of the two mocks you do a year, you have to have a url that works and goes to your destination

kevin148
02-20-2007, 08:10 PM

kevin148
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
to be able to see one of the two mocks you do a year, you have to have a url that works and goes to your destination Use this link...then scroll to the bottom.

kevin148
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Severe Punishment, you really want Quinn on the Vikings, don't you?

My 1st round "wish list" goes (in order)

1. Gaines Adams
2. Brady Quinn / Jamarcus Russell (either is a gargantuan leap forward from what we currently have)
3. Laron Landry
4. Patrick Willis
5. Levi Brown
6. Any of the WR's in the draft.

Draft King
02-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I would rather us take Adam Carriker in the 2nd round to fill the spot that Patrick Kerney left.

JT Jag
02-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Satisfying Jaguars first round pick.

Depressing everything else.

Johnnie Lee Higgins and Craig Davis would both be good options in the second--- as WR is a bigger immediate need then quarterback, and both of them have more potential then Smith does (FYI, signs are pointing towards Leftwich returning for another season).

I'd really like Tim Crowder in the third. He could develop into a future starter for the team and eventually replace the aging Paul Spicer as the team's main two-way end.

lsantaoe
02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Carriker, Staley, Ross, Abiamiri, Houston, Ugoh...no way would we pass on these players for a WR, although good value.

And round 3 wasn't a good pick.

BillsFan1991
02-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Niners:
1. Branch is #1 on my board for 49ers
The rest is just average.
2. Bennet is OK but I like Ross better.
3. Paul Williams/Steve Smith/M. Ramirez/Abbate I would like over Burgess. IDK how I like his fit in the 34 as OLB.

Overall, just average. Love Branch tho!

Vikes99ej
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I like it. Strange top 5 picks, but the Vikings picks would boost our offense.

PalmerToCJ
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Horrendous Bengals mock.

You took two players of positions on mid-tier need and picked terrible fits. I wouldn't even want Olsen in the 2nd much less the 1st, our TE's are block first and that's why they don't put up big recieving numbers. DT isn't really a day one need and Thomas won't get consideration in the 7th much less the 2nd... Zero chance we take either player.

Michael Griffin in the 1st in that situation then Chris Houston would be a LOCK in the 2nd.

Doctorsacb
02-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Horrible Miami draft. You have no understanding of their needs. I have no idea how you can rip other people.

1st of with Levi Brown. Levi is probably a 2nd tier option after Adams, Branch, Anderson and Quinn are gone. LT is a need but Miami has the best OL coach in the entire NFL. He knows Levi is not an elite prospect and he will have his input with Mueller and Cameron. With one of the draft elite players will on the board in Branch, we will take him. Especially with the gaping hole we have at NT.

Earl Everett in round 2? I'd love to hear you explain that one. We run a 3-4 defense. Everett is considered a 4-3 WLB. Even at his listed 6'3 and 230 he is extremely thin which isn't ideal for a 3-4 LB. Heis a speedy coverage guy and Miami already has two of those in Thomas and Crowder. What Miami needs is a DE/OLB hybrid player that can get to the passer and make plays in the backfield for them. Everett is definately not that guy. Besides with Cam Cameron being an offense guy and them likely to go defense in round 1, I'd expect an offensive pick with round 2. Sidney Rice would make alot of sense at that spot.

Chris Houston is not somthing I can complain about if we were to land him in round 3. However, chances are slip to none that he will be there. He is considered one of the drafts elite CBs and will likely go in the low 1st/2nd round. Tim Crowder who is a candidate to make the move to OLB is a likely candidate to be there at that spot and has reportly spoken to Miami which is interested in taking him.

Just a few other side notes. Drew Stanton's stock is about the 3rd round right now, and yet you have him in the top 15? Adam Carriker's stock is in the mid 1st right now but still you have him dropping into the mid 2nd. Michael Bush, Tony Ugoh and Ryan Kalil going in round 3? Seems pretty far fetched if you ask me.

kevin148
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Horrendous Bengals mock.

You took two players of positions on mid-tier need and picked terrible fits. I wouldn't even want Olsen in the 2nd much less the 1st, our TE's are block first and that's why they don't put up big recieving numbers. DT isn't really a day one need and Thomas won't get consideration in the 7th much less the 2nd... Zero chance we take either player.

Michael Griffin in the 1st in that situation then Chris Houston would be a LOCK in the 2nd.

hahaha judging by your tag line..it's hard to understand why you'd want something other than the drafts best prospect at TE.
Who is there now ?...ummm yeah, no one of note.

CB is all I ever hear or read (occassionally it's a safety) about what needs to be addressed by Cincinatti media...however, Carson Palmer isn't getting any younger and the window of opportunity for Cincy to take that next step is closing quickly. If they're to make a serious run they'll need a TE who is a real option. Not just a blocker.
I suppose Aaron Ross would've been the better option in the 2nd . eh, I'll have to change that when I revise this in march.

kevin148
02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Beason and Pittman are definitely bad picks. Beason in the first to a 3-4 team? I would prefer Eric Weddle there. Dwayne Bowe isn't bad, Aaron Ross is great. We could take a linebacker in the third over Pittman.
WHY are they bad picks ?? Beason is going to be a bona fide stud who can cover and would flourish next to Vrabel. Sure he's not as big as Bruschi ...but the problem with the LB'ers were that they weren't quick enough in coverage. I imagine Banta-Cain (sp) will start inside next year ...so the LB's would be Vrabel/Banta-Cain./Beason and Colvin.
Eric Weddle to me is a mid 2nd and since this is my draft I went with
talent.
Aaron Ross is no where near the talent Bowe is. (again this is my opinion) Bowe is arguably the 2nd best WR in the draft. His hands to me are better than Jacksons and the Pats have been trying to find someone who is as reliable as Troy Brown for 3 years now. It's time T.B. rode off into the sunset...and he can do that now with a clean conscience with bowe there to take his spot.

kevin148
02-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I can find fault with all the Ravens picks, especially the first and second. Jarvis Moss is not a good enough value to justify that pick, he will be a back up for at least two years while learning the LB position, and if he ever does beat out Dan Cody, we'll have a very quality guy riding the bench who was a 2nd rd pick, pretty much wasted. If you give us that position, it had better be BPA or damn close to it and Jarvis Moss is not that. Second pick has to be Hunt, RB is a HUGE need, much bigger than G and Hunt is at least as good a value as Beekman there. Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool with Beekman if we picked up a RB in the 1st or through FA, but we need to have a RB who can at least be productive splitting time with Mike Anderson, the chances of the drastically decline the longer we wait. I think at this point, the Ravens second rdr almost has to be a RB.
Fault can be found in anything....so it's not suprising that someone can find fault in a mock draft.

anyways, Jarvis Moss at 29 is a blessing.
I haven't seen if A.T. has recieved the franchise tag..but if he doesn't
someone is going to have to fill in for him. I can easily see Moss making the same type of transition Suggs did. Moss is considered a tweener because of his frame and I would bet that his speed drill times measure very well . If that's the case being a ROLB might be just where Moss ends up. ooh, and Gary Stills...yeah if Baltimore thinks he's the answer to fill in for Thomas...they're sadly mistaken.

02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't understand Woodley to the Colts. Even if Dwight hadn't be resigned, I don't think that pick would have been made. The Colts are pretty deep at DE. Rufus Alexander would be good there.

BehrenMan007
02-21-2007, 02:08 PM
pretty good fins draft

kevin148
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't understand Woodley to the Colts. Even if Dwight hadn't be resigned, I don't think that pick would have been made. The Colts are pretty deep at DE. Rufus Alexander would be good there. I had Woodley playing OLB more so than DE.
I'm not sure if Woodley playing WLB for the Colts would be a sure thing...but if anyone could make it work it'd be Dungy and his gang.

and I really do think Woodley is a 1st round talent...doesn't mean it would happen. But I think it's a good fit.

PalmerToCJ
02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Horrendous Bengals mock.

hahaha judging by your tag line..it's hard to understand why you'd want something other than the drafts best prospect at TE.
Who is there now ?...ummm yeah, no one of note.

CB is all I ever hear or read (occassionally it's a safety) about what needs to be addressed by Cincinatti media...however, Carson Palmer isn't getting any younger and the window of opportunity for Cincy to take that next step is closing quickly. If they're to make a serious run they'll need a TE who is a real option. Not just a blocker.
I suppose Aaron Ross would've been the better option in the 2nd . eh, I'll have to change that when I revise this in march.

The reason you never hear about Reggie Kelly is because he's one of the best blocking TE's in football and is busy blocking so that Carson can hit CJ/TJ/Henry/Tab Perry etc. on 3rd down. Chris Perry and TJ take the role a TE generally does in terms of 3rd down production, TJ led the league last year (starting 14 games) in 3rd down conversions.

Why would we supply our offense even more when it's been our secondary that holds us down? We need a playmaker on defense, you can't tell me Olsen isn't a reach at 18.... If we took a TE in the 2nd it would be Zach Miller but I'm not even sold on that happening.

Not to mention last year Marvin Lewis laughed at the idea of taking a TE early for a pass threat because of the how many guys would be hungry for the ball. With guys like Fasano/Lewis/Pope (who he passed up in the 2nd) the most interest we ever showed in a TE was Charles Davis if that tells you anything.

kwilliamsfa
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
A Denver draft that addresses DE, RB, S and WR is certainly on the right track. A few comments:

The one big element missing is DT. The empty spot next to Warren needs to be addressed in either the draft or FA.

Gonzalez in round 2 is a little questionable. Based on the players available, I think the Broncos would be looking for DT (Harrell seems like a good choice) or perhaps RB / S with that pick. WR+KR could easily come in the 3rd round (e.g. Craig Davis)

asmitty45
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Terrible Lions Draft.

Gaines Adams is Fine

Brandon Siler is not that going to be picked by the Lions, the next 3 players (Hughes, Blalock, Davis) are all much better picks. But give us Hughes

Michael Bush. No. Not gonna happen, we have so many more needs than a HB whose production is so completely unpredictable seeing as he's been out for a whole year. We F****D up on that one time already (see Williams, Mike). Manny Ramirez is a much better pick.

Doctorsacb
02-21-2007, 11:37 PM
had Woodley playing OLB more so than DE.
I'm not sure if Woodley playing WLB for the Colts would be a sure thing...but if anyone could make it work it'd be Dungy and his gang.

Is that a serious statement? The Colts that live and die with smaller faster LBs that can run all over to make plays suddenly taking a DE, moving him to LB and playing him in a scheme that doesn't fit his talents in any way shape or form. Woodley is strictly a 3-4 pass rushing OLB. He gets to the QB and makes alot of plays in the backfield. The Colts don't ask that of their LB. The skill set that the Colts want is completely opposite to what Woodley brings to the table. You definately have no idea what you are talking about. You are just spitting **** out of your ass to try to cover horrible mistakes.

And the reasoning is because Dungy is a good coach so he can make it happen? This is a joke. Dungy is suck a good coach because he gets players that fit his system, not because he takes a bunch of miscast puzzle pieces and puts them together.

Bohleive
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Fault can be found in anything....so it's not suprising that someone can find fault in a mock draft.

anyways, Jarvis Moss at 29 is a blessing.
I haven't seen if A.T. has recieved the franchise tag..but if he doesn't
someone is going to have to fill in for him. I can easily see Moss making the same type of transition Suggs did. Moss is considered a tweener because of his frame and I would bet that his speed drill times measure very well . If that's the case being a ROLB might be just where Moss ends up. ooh, and Gary Stills...yeah if Baltimore thinks he's the answer to fill in for Thomas...they're sadly mistaken.
Dan Cody isn't Gary Stills, but nice job of conveniently ignoring all of my points. Fault can be found in anything? Nice Aristotle. It took Suggs two years to make the transition, Cody is exactly two years in.