PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Adibi

TACKLE
12-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Xavier Adibi was hyped a lot coming into this season and rightfully so. He has lived up to the expectations and has had a great year with 108 tkls, 12 TFL, 3 sacks and 5 passes defended. I love watching this guy play because he is one of the fastest and most aggresive LB's I've seen in a while. Adibi has everything you look for in a stud WLB but he seems to be getting overlooked on many draft boards. In my opinion, Xavier is a first round talent with the production to go along with it. I understand he is a bit light at 225 but he can add bulk on to his 6'2 frame. What are your thoughts on Adibi? Is there a reason he's sliding or is he just being overlooked?

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0826/ncf_w_adibi_320.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I think size is a huge reason why he's being overlooked, but I can't say for sure, becuase I'm a huge fan.

Solomon
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Xavier Adibi was hyped a lot coming into this season and rightfully so. He has lived up to the expectations and has had a great year with 108 tkls, 12 TFL, 3 sacks and 5 passes defended. I love watching this guy play because he is one of the fastest and most aggresive LB's I've seen in a while. Adibi has everything you look for in a stud WLB but he seems to be getting overlooked on many draft boards. In my opinion, Xavier is a first round talent with the production to go along with it. I understand he is a bit light at 225 but he can add bulk on to his 6'2 frame. What are your thoughts on Adibi? Is there a reason he's sliding or is he just being overlooked?

I like Adibi and feel like he would be a great fit for a cover 2, but the primary reason that he is not a first rounder is that there are many OLBs who fit his profile. Keith Rivers, Ali Highsmith, Philip Wheeler, Tavares Gooden and maybe even Wesley Woodyard are all just as talented and have been very productive as well. OLB is also not a highly valued position come draft time and LBs tend to drop. I could see Adibi cracking the second round but I think he will drop to the third.

BuddyCHRIST
12-12-2007, 04:06 PM
He's a very talented player and a pro-typical WLB but like people said there's quite a few good WLB's this year (and has been the past few years) so that could cause him to fall. If he works out really well he could go in the first.

Bobo
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
He seems like a 1st rounder to me too. Not a big need now, but him as a future replacement for Keith Bulluck would be sweet. Seriously doubt that happens though. The freakin Colts will probably get him :-/

TACKLE
12-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I like Adibi and feel like he would be a great fit for a cover 2, but the primary reason that he is not a first rounder is that there are many OLBs who fit his profile. Keith Rivers, Ali Highsmith, Philip Wheeler, Tavares Gooden and maybe even Wesley Woodyard are all just as talented and have been very productive as well. OLB is also not a highly valued position come draft time and LBs tend to drop. I could see Adibi cracking the second round but I think he will drop to the third.

I think that he is better than all those guys except for maybe Rivers. Even then I think Adibi and Rivers are pretty close. The only to 4-3 OLB's who should get drafted ahead of him is Rivers and Erin Henderson and I think Adibi is the same caliber as those guys. All of them are a bit light but very athletic. I just can't see Adibi going in the third. After the combine, I expect him to get some serious 1st round consideration.