PDA

View Full Version : RS Sophs

derza222
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Any good redshirt sophomores that could make a run to be one of the top 5 or so players at their position and aren't really being talked about all that much right now? Two guys that came to mind are Darris Heyward-Bey the Maryland wideout and DeMarcus Granger the Oklahoma DT. Anybody else of note? Where could these two (and any others) end up going if they declared?

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I thought Granger was a (r)FR?

AkiliSmith
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Selvie is a RS Soph if I'm not mistaken.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Selvie is a RS Soph if I'm not mistaken.

He won't come out, he needs to put on weight and develop an inside move, plus he apparently loves Coach Leavitt(Look at my sig, who wouldn't) and College.

derza222
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM

According to this he's a RS Soph.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/granger_demarcus00.html

SuperKevin
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM

You are thinking of Gerald McCoy

NYGibril28
12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
You are thinking of Gerald McCoy

Yep, thanks.

Don Vito
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Even though he would be an idiot to come out, I could see Auburn LB Tray Blackmon declaring. There are so many LBs similar to him in this class, but Blackmon is a great 'backer with a lot of speed and he can definitely tackle. He has played inside and outside but a tampa 2 ILB/WLB is likely his best fit. He showed that he can cover this season, which (along with speed, tackling abitlity, and tenactiy) makes me like him a lot as an ILB or WLB in a straight up 4-3 or a tampa 2, even though he is a little undersized. He is a great tackler who I would definitely rank ahead of Highsmith, Woodyard, or Wheeler for OLBs. As far as ILB's are concerned regardless of pro system, I would rank them:

1. Laurinitis
2. Maualuga
3. Goff
4. Blackmon
5. Leman

urinemonkey
12-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Even though he would be an idiot to come out, I could see Auburn LB Tray Blackmon declaring. There are so many LBs similar to him in this class, but Blackmon is a great 'backer with a lot of speed and he can definitely tackle. He has played inside and outside but a tampa 2 ILB/WLB is likely his best fit. He showed that he can cover this season, which (along with speed, tackling abitlity, and tenactiy) makes me like him a lot as an ILB or WLB in a straight up 4-3 or a tampa 2, even though he is a little undersized. He is a great tackler who I would definitely rank ahead of Highsmith, Woodyard, or Wheeler for OLBs. As far as ILB's are concerned regardless of pro system, I would rank them:

1. Laurinitis
2. Maualuga
3. Goff
4. Blackmon
5. Leman

So he would be stupid to come out and be one of the first ILBs drafted?