PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Rams Fourm Mock Thread

KCJ58
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Steven Jackson will be on the trading block...Just Kidding

Turtlepower
12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
So that severely lessens the chance that the Giants could acquire Brian Leonard. Poor scottyboy...

KCJ58
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
So that severely lessens the chance that the Giants could acquire Brian Leonard. Poor scottyboy...

yea he PM'd me he really wanted him i said only a 1st round pick and Osi can get Leonard...

I think he might take the deal :D

PossumBoy9
12-13-2007, 12:26 AM
What's the story with this thread?

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
What's the story with this thread?

it's so me and yoda can talk about what were going to do for the Fourm Mock in the Fantasy fourm

NGSeiler
12-13-2007, 05:03 PM
My top two priorities in any fantasy draft/offseason would be a starting caliber defensive end and a starting caliber offensive tackle/guard. Preferably in that order, because I think there's pretty good depth at OT, especially if you're including some underclassmen.

yodabear
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
I am a fan of getting Dorsey if he is available. If not, Jake Long is the next guy on my list. And then its Chris Long. Its pretty easy being the team with the #3 pick.

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
yea but who should we put on the trade block. also im not in favor of trading the 3rd pick but we should be open to entertain offers as well

scottyboy
12-13-2007, 06:01 PM
trading Leonard for a 2nd rounder seems like a great idea to me

especially to the Giants...

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
trading Leonard for a 2nd rounder seems like a great idea to me

especially to the Giants...

we got him last year for a 2nd pick, and it's the #34 pick

scottyboy
12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
we got him last year for a 2nd pick, and it's the #34 pick

well, we're close to getting pick 43... :D

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
yea but who should we put on the trade block. also im not in favor of trading the 3rd pick but we should be open to entertain offers as well

U really want to put Jackson on the block? I wanna keep him, he is a stud, he hasn't been 100% this year and hurt with the loss of Pace. Yeah, we can see what we can get with the third rounder, just throw it out there. As far as players to trade, IDK, Klopfenstein, Byrd, don't know who would want them. What do u think?

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
U really want to put Jackson on the block? I wanna keep him, he is a stud, he hasn't been 100% this year and hurt with the loss of Pace. Yeah, we can see what we can get with the third rounder, just throw it out there. As far as players to trade, IDK, Klopfenstein, Byrd, don't know who would want them. What do u think?

is you read the 1st post it says JK in white, Brian Leonard could be a name also Pisa Tinoisamoa, Adam Goldberg, Dominique Byrd, Fakir Brown. maybe we get a veteran defensive player for a 3rd round pick

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Another thing, I doubt any1 is gonna want Bulger because of his big ass contract, but should we dingle dangle him out there.

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:10 PM
is you read the 1st post it says JK in white, Brian Leonard could be a name also Pisa Tinoisamoa, Adam Goldberg, Dominique Byrd, Fakir Brown. maybe we get a veteran defensive player for a 3rd round pick

I can't read the white font.

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Another thing, I doubt any1 is gonna want Bulger because of his big ass contract, but should we dingle dangle him out there.

i don't know i think were gonna have to stay with Bulger for a year are too, it might just be a bad year, and with so much money invested i don't think we'll get what we want in return

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
i don't know i think were gonna have to stay with Bulger for a year are too, it might just be a bad year, and with so much money invested i don't think we'll get what we want in return

BTW, a lot of things I am saying in the thing is a joke. Trying to get teams to trade New England for the #2 pick to take McFadden or Ryan or the other QBs so Dorsey or Long fall to us.

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
BTW, a lot of things I am saying in the thing is a joke. Trying to get teams to trade New England for the #2 pick to take McFadden or Ryan or the other QBs so Dorsey or Long fall to us.

so who should be put in the trade block

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
so who should be put in the trade block

Dang, not even sure. Lenord, our TEs. We don't really have anything on the defensive side of the ball that anyone else would want.

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Dang, not even sure. Lenord, our TEs. We don't really have anything on the defensive side of the ball that anyone else would want.

im saying Byrd, Pisa, Leonard, Fakir, Klopfenstein

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
now what do we need in return, CB, DL, OL

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
now what do we need in return, CB, DL, OL

Yep, I'd add S in there too.

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
i think we can put our draft picks up there for it to grow some interest also i think we need a new OC

yodabear
12-13-2007, 06:22 PM
i think we can put our draft picks up there for it to grow some interest also i think we need a new OC

Can we draft Jim Tressell?

NGSeiler
12-15-2007, 01:34 AM
I am a fan of getting Dorsey if he is available. If not, Jake Long is the next guy on my list. And then its Chris Long. Its pretty easy being the team with the #3 pick.

I don't understand the Dorsey pick, to be honest. :confused:

I wouldn't expect to get much for the likes of Goldberg, Byrd, Klopfenstein, or Brown. Pisa maybe but he has injury issues. You're almost better off keeping these guys than dealing them for what they'd ultimately get in return. I just doubt you'll get the good offer that would make it worth it.

yodabear
12-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Wow, I forgot about Ryan and Wrotten. I think these guys have potential, so Dorsey slips off my list. I think the Long boys are our top 2 priorties, if one of them falls to us, we take them. So what should be our asking price for Pisa?

NGSeiler
12-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow, I forgot about Ryan and Wrotten. I think these guys have potential, so Dorsey slips off my list. I think the Long boys are our top 2 priorties, if one of them falls to us, we take them. So what should be our asking price for Pisa?

You've got Carriker, Ryan, and Wroten at DT with an aging Glover still managing to produce here or there. If anything is needed at DT it's depth rather than a top quality starter. I'd put the Long Boys at the top of my board at this point.

As for Pisa, not sure how much to expect for him really. I think a fourth is reasonable considering his level of play but also isn't high enough to make it a big risk due to injuries. Third would be ideal IMO, but I'm not sure you find a partner on that one. Maybe with a package deal, two players for the pick?

Depending on how deep the mock is going, I'd love to see the Rams look at a punishing guy like Owen Schmitt. We need a true fullback and Schmitt is a monster who also can make things happen with the football, something Linehan would like. Course, as a WVU student, I'm a bit biased when it comes to Owen.. :D

At this point my strategy would probably be DE Long in round one, best OT on the board in round two, and then in round three you've got a couple options (WR, SS, OG/C, OLB). But I think ideally DE and OT need to be the first two targets in the draft for this team.

KCJ58
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Bruuuuuuuccccceeeee!

edit: Isaac Bruce with the great catch also wrong thread

yodabear
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
What should we get first Jake or Chris?

PossumBoy9
12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
What should we get first Jake or Chris?

Easy.... take Chris.

I'd seriously consider Vernon Gholston too, perhaps over Chris Long.

Sadly, I feel Jake Long is overrated. I hope he isn't the pick. He's solid enough that it wouldn't be a total disaster, but not really worth a Top 3 pick. He's not a Joe Thomas.

NGSeiler
12-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Not a huge fan of Jake Long that high. I'm not convinced he's an elite left tackle prospect, and I think those are the only offensive tackles you take that high. At this point in the top three I'd go with Chris Long and then come back in round two and take the best OT available.

If I'm looking at the right thread though, it appears it worked out well since you got Jackson in the second round. Still, I probably would have been more happy with Chris Long and then Sam Baker in round two.

gsoturf
12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I think Jackson could ask for a trade in the off season and honestly I think most fans would accept it with open arms considering the way he bad mouths the city. In any case if Jackson is on the team next season, and I think he will be, I think we need to go after Chris Long with the number 1 pick offensive line in the second and a receiver with speed in the 3rd. Considering there is strong possiblitiy Bruce has seen his last days as a Rams I could see the Rams going for receiver in the 2nd, a guy like Jordy Nelson comes to mind.

KCJ58
12-29-2007, 04:04 AM
I think Jackson could ask for a trade in the off season and honestly I think most fans would accept it with open arms considering the way he bad mouths the city. In any case if Jackson is on the team next season, and I think he will be, I think we need to go after Chris Long with the number 1 pick offensive line in the second and a receiver with speed in the 3rd. Considering there is strong possiblitiy Bruce has seen his last days as a Rams I could see the Rams going for receiver in the 2nd, a guy like Jordy Nelson comes to mind.

you wrote this great post till you said Jordy Nelson you homer

holt_bruce81
01-19-2008, 12:41 AM

Jackson never bad-mouths the city.

He bad-mouths the stadium, and he should......it's horrible.

KCJ58
03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
so we got round 2 looks like it will come down to Chris Long and Vernon Gholston