PDA

View Full Version : My WR rankings thus far

Travis 24
12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
This is just a first list for me at WR...Juniors are listed at the bottom...Players in bold are who I have as a first round prospects, the 2nd group is rounds 2-3...3rd group are 4th-5th rounders...4th group are 6-7th round prospects, and the remaining are undrafteds..More or less grouped by the numbers as far as rounds 4-7 go..

WIDE RECIEVERS
Jordy Nelson Kansas State
Harry Douglas Louisville
-
Donnie Avery Houston
Early Doucet LSU
Adarius Bowman Oklahoma State
Jabari Arthur Akron
Steve Johnson Kentucky
D.J. Hall Alabama
Keenan Burton Kentucky
Andre Caldwell Florida
Kenny Moore Wake Forest
Lavelle Hawkins California
Limas Sweed Texas
Rasheed Rancher Massachusetts
Dorien Bryant Purdue
-
Sammie Stroughter Oregon State
Darius Reynaud West Virginia
Eddie Royal Virginia Tech
Will Franklin Missouri
Maurice Purify Nebraska
Dexter Jackson Appalachian State
Marcus Smith New Mexico
Marcus Monk Arkansas
Todd Blythe Iowa State
Rudy Burgess Arizona State
Taj Smith Syracuse
Jerome Simpson Coast Carolina
-
Almonzo Banks West Liberty State
Jason Rivers Hawaii
Danny Amendola Texas Tech
Tremayne Kirkland Portland State
Ernie Wheelwright Minnesota
DeCody Fagg Florida State
Paul Hubbard Wisconsin
Marcus Henry Kansas
Darrell Blackman NC State
Brett Swain San Diego State
Josh Morgan Virginia Tech
Justin Harper Virginia Tech
Jason English Tuskegee
Mark Bradford Stanford
Zack Sledge SMU
Billy Pittman Texas
Kevin Robinson Utah State
---
Jaymar Johnson Jackson State
Nate Jones Texas
Travis Brown New Mexico
Michael Bumpus Washington State
Brandon Jackson North Texas
Damon Morton Colorado State
Lance Leggett Miami FL
Brandon Breazall UCLA
Anthony Russo Washington
Marcel Reece Washington
Joseph West UTEP
Edward Williams Lane
Keith Brown Alabama
Robert Jordan California
Evan Moore Stanford
Shaheer McBride Delaware State
Amarri Jackson South Florida
Jeremy Trimble Army
Tony Burks Mississippi State
Cameron Colvin Oregon
Darnell Jenkins Miami FL
Bruce Hocker Duquesne
Luke Swan Wisconsin
Mikey Henderson Georgia
J.J Moore Massachusetts
Clyde Edwards Grambling State

JUNIORS
DeSean Jackson California
Earl Bennett Vanderbilt
Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma
Mario Manningham Michigan
Mario Urrutia Louisville
Darius Heyward-Bey Maryland
Adrian Arrington Michigan
James Hardy Indiana
Davone Bess Hawaii
Devin Thomas Michigan State
Ryan Grice-Mullen Hawaii

DChess
12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
jordy nelson is to good for just bold.

also if harry douglas is a #1 rounder ill film a video of someone taking a poop on my chest, and call it 1guy1harrydouglas. but he wont be one

Macarthur
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I can tell you this. I'm glad someone has come to their senses about Sweed. This guy is not going to be a top WR in the league. He has below average speed so I think he will have trouble getting seperation in the NFL.

I think the surprise beast will be Bowman. This guy is a physical specimine. He really reminds me physically of Terrell Owens. Maybe not as much straight line speed as TO, but he is a very physical guy that will not get overpowered.

art vandelay
12-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Taj Smith is staying at Syracuse - he's got 2 more years of eligibility actually. He probably will only stay for 1 though.

Bobertchin
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm torn on the Bennet/Jackson issue. I think it depends on what a team wants. As a Vandy fan, I obviously like Earl a lot, but Desean is lightning fast and could open up on offense and play ST.

Iamcanadian
12-13-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not sold on Nelson or Douglas being 1st rounders. Douglas doesn't have enough size to even smell round 1 and Nelson will have to show that he has 1st round speed.
Doucet is the top senior WR. He was injured most of the year but if he times well, he could go pretty high in round 1.
Bowman and D.J. Hall have serious potential but they will also have to time well and even then round 2 is far more likely.
Among the juniors Kelly has the size of a 1st rounder and I suspect the speed as well. Jackson is awfully small for a NFL WR and it could send him to round 2. Bennett is a sleeper who could surprise at the combine, he'll have to if he wants to be drafted high .
James Hardy has a shot at round 1 but again must show he has the speed to be effective in the NFL.
It's a pretty mediocre crop with only Doucet/Kelly assured of probably being 1st rounders unless 1 or 2 really surprise at the combine.

nhlkdog411
12-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't really see the buzz about doucet, but I definitly think Kelly, Bowman and Nelson could/should be first rounders because of size, speed and production. All three are big recievers who who should in the 4.5s or better (before I get one of these nelson 4.6 comments, he should run much better at the combine, he was hurt for that time and he has run a 100 meter dash time similar to reggie bush..that should be enough to sell his speed)..I think douglas could end up being as good as a 4th rounder, but i really don't expect him to BE a 1st rounder.

draftguru151
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Nelson is too low.

Geo
12-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't really see the buzz about doucet, but I definitly think Kelly, Bowman and Nelson could/should be first rounders because of size, speed and production. All three are big recievers who who should in the 4.5s or better (before I get one of these nelson 4.6 comments, he should run much better at the combine, he was hurt for that time and he has run a 100 meter dash time similar to reggie bush..that should be enough to sell his speed)..I think douglas could end up being as good as a 4th rounder, but i really don't expect him to BE a 1st rounder.
Yeah, I see Doucet as an early 2nd round pick. Maybe someone takes him early like the Chargers took Craig Davis last year.

I think Malcolm Kelly edges out, just barely, DeSean Jackson for the #1 WR of this class. It probably depends on the Combine to seal the deal or not, but I like Kelly that much that I think he and Jackson are battling for first receiver off the board.

(Obviously, you know, assuming both guys declare this year.)

Babylon
12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
My first round wide receivers in alphabetical order;

Desean Jackson(helped by return skills)
Malcolm Kelley
Jordy Nelson

Unlike i think 6 last year this year will yield a lot more second round picks for receivers.

Solomon
12-14-2007, 12:11 PM
As far as your junior rankings go I think Bess and Grice-Mullen are a little too high. They're both smaller recievers and pad their stats due to the system they play in, Grice-Mullen in particular doesn't even seem that fast to me.

Juniors I would rank above them include Brian Robiskie (Ohio State), Kenny McKinley (South Carolina), Brandon Gibson (Washington State) Aaron Kelly (Clemson), and Tiquan Underwood (Rutgers).

P-L
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Just to let you know, Adrian Arrington is a RS Junior.

My Top Ten Draft Eligible
1. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
2. DeSean Jackson, California
3. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
4. James Hardy, Indiana
5. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
6. D.J. Hall, Alabama
7. Early Doucet, Louisiana State
8. Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
9. Donnie Avery, Houston
10. Keenan Burton, Kentucky

Just Missed: Limas Sweed, Texas; Lavelle Hawkins, California; Harry Douglas, Louisville

frisby213
12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
James Hardy should be higher.

Michigan
12-14-2007, 04:45 PM
whys arrington there?

etk
12-14-2007, 04:49 PM
I can tell you this. I'm glad someone has come to their senses about Sweed. This guy is not going to be a top WR in the league. He has below average speed so I think he will have trouble getting seperation in the NFL.

I think the surprise beast will be Bowman. This guy is a physical specimine. He really reminds me physically of Terrell Owens. Maybe not as much straight line speed as TO, but he is a very physical guy that will not get overpowered.

I agree 100%. Good post.

Good rankings Travis but the Nelson lovefest just has to continue, doesn't it?

jbeans187
12-14-2007, 04:57 PM
A little off topic but is donnie avery going to blow up with his 40 time? I know hes fast and had 1 huge game, can anyone share anything else with me about him

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
A little off topic but is donnie avery going to blow up with his 40 time? I know hes fast and had 1 huge game, can anyone share anything else with me about him

He's been rumored to run a 4.26 40 yard dash. if he runs that then I think you're looking at an early 2nd round pick

12-14-2007, 05:05 PM
its not all about the numbers so jordy nelson is NOT a first rounder. the rest is fairly accurate tho except for douglas and maybe super mario as first rounders, bowman is debatable and he would really have to prove his health at the combine first before moving him up to a first.

Travis 24
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
My bad on the Arrington thing...I kept thinking he was a senior for some reason...that is fixed.

Has anyone else seen Rasheed Rancher from UMASS?...He kinda reminds me of a taller Amani Toomer...He is 6'5" 200 lbs, and put up some pretty ridiculous numbers this year...anyone have an opinion on him?

And on Jordy Nelson...lol...Look, when another WR gives me a reason to rank higher than him, then I will...but like I've said, I've seen em all play...and Nelson is faster than all the guys his size..his hands are better, or just as good...and he's a better athlete as well, being he has shown ability to return kicks and even throw the ball very well. Plus his production blows everyone else away..

etk
12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
And on Jordy Nelson...lol...Look, when another WR gives me a reason to rank higher than him, then I will...but like I've said, I've seen em all play...and Nelson is faster than all the guys his size..his hands are better, or just as good...and he's a better athlete as well, being he has shown ability to return kicks and even throw the ball very well. Plus his production blows everyone else away..

I don't think Nelson is very agile or quick after seeing him play. Malcolm Kelly and Adarius Bowman will have more success getting clean releases in the pros and creating separation. A lot of Nelson's big catches are one-on-one against off-man coverage so I also have questions about his diversity in making catches in traffic and going across the middle. He's not gonna be a go-to-guy if he can't get separation against NFL cornerbacks or become multi-dimensional in his game. You can bring up the size, speed and production but there's more to a WR than triangle numbers.

Brent
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I thought they were barring Nelson from the draft for being too amazing in the eyes of the members of this forum.

cardsalltheway
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Adrian Arrington is better than James Hardy? That's a good one

Babylon
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't think Nelson is very agile or quick after seeing him play. Malcolm Kelly and Adarius Bowman will have more success getting clean releases in the pros and creating separation. A lot of Nelson's big catches are one-on-one against off-man coverage so I also have questions about his diversity in making catches in traffic and going across the middle. He's not gonna be a go-to-guy if he can't get separation against NFL cornerbacks or become multi-dimensional in his game. You can bring up the size, speed and production but there's more to a WR than triangle numbers.

6-3 and 220 lb receivers arent usually terribly agile, you can say the same for big guys like Kelley and Bowman. The games i watched of Nelson's this year he had no trouble getting separation or catching the ball over the middle. This draft in my opinion doesnt have a top 15 pick at the WR position, after that take your pick and there are a lot to choose from. If my team takes Nelson in the second half of round 1 i'm not upset whatsoever.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
My bad on the Arrington thing...I kept thinking he was a senior for some reason...that is fixed.

Has anyone else seen Rasheed Rancher from UMASS?...He kinda reminds me of a taller Amani Toomer...He is 6'5" 200 lbs, and put up some pretty ridiculous numbers this year...anyone have an opinion on him?

Would it be fair to say that he is perfect?

draftguru151
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Perfect isn't good enough of a word.

P-L
12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Jordy Nelson is not perfect. Do not insult him in that way. Jordy Nelson is so far beyond perfect, it's not even funny.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Jordy Nelson is not perfect. Do not insult him in that way. Jordy Nelson is so far beyond perfect, it's not even funny.

I know, I apologize. I played him down because I'm jealous of his unlimited talent. Let's be fair though. Who isn't?

Tampa 2 4 life
12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I know, I apologize. I played him down because I'm jealous of his unlimited talent. Let's be fair though. Who isn't?

Jordy Nelson is like Crossing The Flash With Superman.

Babylon
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Jordy Nelson is like Crossing The Flash With Superman.

Or Ed mcCaffry with Kirk Gibson.

bored of education
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Or Brad Pitt with George Clooney

Iamcanadian
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Doucet was hurt all year only coming back for a couple of games. Before that he was considered a top 15 guy. He has tremendous hands with real quick feet to change directions. Speed is the only question mark but if he times well at the combine, he be the #1 WR drafted. Kelly is the other prospect with the overall ability to be a 1st rounder again if he times well; at the combine.
I haven't heard about Nelson running as fast as Bush, if he does, he could definitely move into that group. I don't think Bowman has the overall ability of the other 3.

M
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Devin Thomas Michigan State

He plays a pysical game, good blocker wiht solid return skills. He has the ability to cut across the grain downfield to find open space. What am I missing - he seems a solid 4th - 6th depending upon his combine times???

I would appreciate anyone with an opinion on this guy sharing it!

nhlkdog411
12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
reggie bush 10.42 http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bush_reggie00.html

jordy nelson 10.63
http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3062&SPID=212&DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=35693&Q_SEASON=2006

adrian peterson ive heard reports as low as 10.33 but i only could find 10.60
http://www.texastrackarchives.com/Track%202003/03t_tyler_lee_relays.htm

tedd ginn was unofficially timed at 10.5

the time's are from highschool but as you can see hes really freaking fast

Travis 24
12-16-2007, 07:13 AM
reggie bush 10.42 http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bush_reggie00.html

jordy nelson 10.63
http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3062&SPID=212&DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=35693&Q_SEASON=2006

I wasn't even aware of these numbers either until someone posted it a week ago...I could kinda tell he was on that level just by watching him play, he never gets caught from behind..and consistently runs by people..bueno. :)

jared
12-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Devin Hester's best in '04 was a 10.62.

Sniper
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't get the Early Doucet love. How can you be considered an elite receiver when you can't crack 10 yards per catch and Derrick Williams has a higher yards per catch average? I know he's been hurt, but 9.5 is pathetic.

Iamcanadian
12-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't get the Early Doucet love. How can you be considered an elite receiver when you can't crack 10 yards per catch and Derrick Williams has a higher yards per catch average? I know he's been hurt, but 9.5 is pathetic.

Another stat lover. Doucet is just getting into form and plays on a team that is lacking at QB. Pro scouts take into account the team's offensive system, the skill of the team's QB and how a team utilizes a WR. They don't look just at stats.
Doucet has played as as part time starter in 2 games and finally started 1 game as he is getting back into form. He was considered the top senior WR prospect at the start of the season and ranked as a possible top 15 pick. There are serious questions about his timed speed but he has all the rest of the package. He will have to run well at the combine to remain a 1st rounder or he could slip to round 2. He is certainly a far superior prospect than Nelson who won't see round 1.

Babylon
12-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Another stat lover. Doucet is just getting into form and plays on a team that is lacking at QB. Pro scouts take into account the team's offensive system, the skill of the team's QB and how a team utilizes a WR. They don't look just at stats.
Doucet has played as as part time starter in 2 games and finally started 1 game as he is getting back into form. He was considered the top senior WR prospect at the start of the season and ranked as a possible top 15 pick. There are serious questions about his timed speed but he has all the rest of the package. He will have to run well at the combine to remain a 1st rounder or he could slip to round 2. He is certainly a far superior prospect than Nelson who won't see round 1.

I like Doucet and kind of wish he could have stayed healthy this year as i think he could have seperated himself from the rest of the WRs, i think if his times are slow at his size that might hurt him a little more than some of the bigger receivers though. As for Nelson too premature to say he wont see round 1. Anthony Gonzalez was a 1st round pick last year in a more top heavy group and he's smaller and slower and may i say less productive at that level than Nelson. We joke in here about Jordy but he's going to turn some heads i believe in the post season workouts and very easily could be a 1st round pick.

keylime_5
12-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I think James Hardy will be the 2nd WR drafted after Jackson in the mid-late first round. 6-7, amazing hands, good routes, runs a sub-4.5, and incredible basketball player ball skills, what's not to like? Oh yeah, he had like 1300 yards and 100 TDs this year on INDIANA.

etk
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM

JaMarcus Russell, Matt Flynn & Ryan Perrilloux are better QBs than most WR prospects can dream of getting passes from. Doucet's not as athletic as he's made out to be, he reminds me more of Josh Reed every time I see him.

cardsalltheway
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I think James Hardy will be the 2nd WR drafted after Jackson in the mid-late first round. 6-7, amazing hands, good routes, runs a sub-4.5, and incredible basketball player ball skills, what's not to like? Oh yeah, he had like 1300 yards and 100 TDs this year on INDIANA.

Where have you heard he's sub-4.5? I'm hearing 4.5 at best, I hope you're right though.

Solomon
12-18-2007, 01:31 AM

jordy nelson 10.63

Don't get too carried away by High School 100m times when comparing it to 40 times. Last year Scott had Josh Gattis with a predicted 40 time of 4.55 which I laughed at because he had run a 10.5 100m in HS and had ranked 7th nationally in the 60m indoor sprint. Gattis ended up running right around where Scott predicted.

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gattis_josh00.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-fortytimes030107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Travis 24
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
You can tell Jordy Nelson is A LOT faster than his projected 40 times (4.55, 4.62). When he's healthy at the combine, he's definitely going to run in the high 4.3's, IMO.

etk
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
You can tell Jordy Nelson is A LOT faster than his projected 40 times (4.55, 4.62). When he's healthy at the combine, he's definitely going to run in the high 4.3's, IMO.

Yeah, I can see Jordy running a 4.3...in the 20 yard dash.

Sniper
12-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Is this a serious post?

Babylon
12-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Is this a serious post?

I think what the kid is trying to say is Nelson's reported 4.6 time was when he was rehabbing from a knee problem. His on the field speed against teams like Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas lead me to believe he's probably going to run high 4.4s and at 6-3 and 215 that is pretty impressive. He ran a 10.6 hundred in highschool but that really cant be equated to anything, some guys run better 40s in comparison to their 100 time and some dont.

P-L
12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Is this a serious post?
No.

Everyone knows Jordy's gonna run a 4.2, easily.

bearsfan_51
12-18-2007, 06:15 PM
ZOMG!!!! JORDYZ NelsZONSZ!!! ZOMG!!!

zomg

Sniper
12-18-2007, 06:17 PM
No.

Everyone knows Jordy's gonna run a 4.2, easily.

In the 100 maybe...1.75 in the 40

TheMikey10
12-18-2007, 06:28 PM
with the amount of Cal football i watched this year, i am confident when i promise that Lavelle will be a better pro than Desean

12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
with the amount of Cal football i watched this year, i am confident when i promise that Lavelle will be a better pro than Desean

lets be realistic here, desean is no ted ginn.

Babylon
12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=bearsfan_51;792595]ZOMG!!!! JORDYZ NelsZONSZ!!! ZOMG!!!

He'd actually look good in a Bears uniform then you'd have a grand total of 1 receiver that could actually get open.

jared
12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=bearsfan_51;792595]ZOMG!!!! JORDYZ NelsZONSZ!!! ZOMG!!!

He'd actually look good in a Bears uniform then you'd have a grand total of 1 receiver that could actually get open.

*and catch. The Bears WR's don't seem to be overly concerned with that aspect of their game.

Babylon
12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=Babylon;792714]

*and catch. The Bears WR's don't seem to be overly concerned with that aspect of their game.

Them and the Giants both, minor detail holding onto the ball.

gdamac
12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Does anyone think that if they post 4.5s either Bowman or Hardy would fall to the Raiders in the 2nd, roughly pick 38-40?

Travis 24
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
LOL...This is way too funny...

They act like because they don't agree with something, it can't possibly be true.