PDA

View Full Version : First round draft guaranteed to make some people angry.

weasel
12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
1. Dolphins - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas - MAJOR REASON FOR DORSEY OVER MCFADDEN IS BROWN is already there. If the injury to Brown is considered serious this selection will change to McFadden faster than Peyton Manning picks up new endorsement contracts. Here is my vote for thinking Miami trades Brown and keeps McFadden even if Brown is healthy.
2. Patriots (via 49ers) - Chris Long DE - Virginia Once again the Patriots grab a stalwart for their defense. They could always trade down but I see them grabbing Chris Long and playing him like Teddy Bruschi.
3. Falcons - Glenn Dorsey LSU - This team is hurtin' for certain at numerous positions. Dorsey is a big step in the right direction. The birds grab the best defensive player in the draft and will shore up the squad with later picks.
4. Jets - Jake Long OT Michigan - The Jets are in great position to grab an elite player and Jake Long is the best tackle in a strong class this year. The Jets will run at will and develop some other offensive talent with which Clemens can work.
5. Rams - Calais Campbell DE Miami - When it is all said and done, the Rams will have it's best pass rushing DE since Deacon Jones and this guy physically will resemble him, too. Way too much talent to ignore in the end, the Rams will bring in an irresistable force to be reckoned with for the defense.
6. Chiefs - Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh - Somewhat of a surprise the Chiefs grab a rising star for the OL and they bypass some other candidates to grab this mammoth for the OL. Think Willie Roaf here. There will be some noise for a CB or a WR but value here is the key.
7. Raiders - Sedrick Ellis DT USC - Raiders always looking for a surprise pick are surprisingly predictable selecting a DT to solidify the defense. If I had to say any selection was wrong it would be this one. OL and WR are the positions the Raiders should concentrate on to help Jamarcus Russell.
8. Ravens - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky - In the end Baltimore needs more offense than they do defense. Woodson played his way to the top two QB selections and is a better fit than Brohm or Matt Ryan anyway.
9. Panthers - Kenny Phillips S Miami -Safety is a position they definitely need to address in Carolina and they get a real peach in Phillips. There are needs that are felt keenly at OL, WR and RB but this guy is a keeper.
10. Bears - Matt Ryan seems tailor made for the Chicago QB position and will be brought in to solidify the QB position in Chicago. Grossman is through, Griese is through and the Bears bring in the successor to the throne with this pick.
11. Bengals - Dan Connor LB Penn St. The Bengals defense is hurting and help is on the way in the best LB to ever play for the Nittany Lions.
12. Eagles - James Laurinitis LB Ohio State - The Eagles bring in the best MLB prospect since Urlacher and fill a huge defensive need. The Lions are crushed and lose out on draft day to a team that crushed them in the regular season.
13. Lions - Ryan Clady OT Boise St. - The Lions gave up the most sacks so far this year and they are dead last in rushing. In 2006 they gave up 63 sacks and were dead last in rushing. Enter Ryan Clady. This guy has everything you look for in a LT. Lions would benefit by moving Backus and playing a LT that can block in space. Huge gap at CB needs to be filled but the Tampa 2 does not require great CB's. Martz's offense requires tackles to block.
14. Texans - Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon - Can anyone argue the need for an OT. Matt Shaub can but Stewart will help more than the fourth tackle taken. the Texans redress passing on Reggie Bush with this pick.
15. Cardinals - Michael Jenkins CB Ohio State - The secondary in Arizona is pathetic and Jenkins is solid if not spectacular and a great fit in this defense.
16. Redskins - Vernon Gholsten DE Ohio State -Is there another need like WR or S that needs to be filled. Yes. Is there a better player than Gholsten available to fill a need for the Redskins. No.
17. Saints - Justin King CB Penn St. - The Saints defense needs help and they get it in this speedy corner.
18. Broncos - Keith Rivers LB USC - Broncos defense needs attention and LB is a good place to start.
19. Bills - Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma - Lee Evans and nobody else. With Kelly the defenses playing the Bills will have to flatten out to stop Lynch from running and Kelly from grabbing short to medium routes. throw in Evans deep speed and the offense is approaching respectability.
20. Titans - Desean Jackson WR California - Weapons for an outgunned offense and DL of any kind to help the defense. Size is a concern but electrifying to say the least, hopefully Jackson can put a charge in the Tennessee offense.
21. Vikings - Michael Oher OT Mississippi - The Vikings need a WR badly but several are still available and OL future ALL-Pro guard/Tackle Oher solidifies the Viking OL on the right side
22. Buccaneers - James Hardy WR Indiana - A long slide for Brian Brohm continues as the bucs select a WR to replace Galloway.
23. Cowboys (via Browns) - Mike Jenkins CB UCF They need a CB in the worst way and they select the Central Florida star here getting the best package available.
24. Giants - Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt - The Giants need a LT and pass receivers. LT replacement for Dave Diehl is ultimately best for the G-men.
25. Steelers - Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma - Replacing Faneca becomes a #1 priority for the Steelers this off-season. Robinson is a huge specimen and is a candidate to fill in this all-pro gap right away. Of course if Starks leaves this could very well be Cherilous the OT.
26. Chargers - Antoine Cason CB Arizona - The Bolts are happy to pick up a CB to play in the secondary of an imposing (at times) defense.
27. Seahawks - Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois - Alexander has been played out. Mendenhall should be able to step in and play right away.
28. Jaguars - Brian Brohm QB Louisville - Jags get a future signal caller in Brohm who has plummeted all the way to them at 28. Too much to pass on at this point for the Jags
29. Packers - Ali Highsmith OLB LSU - The pack puts some smack in the defensive backpack. Alright the alliterative nature of that stops now. The packers couldn't find a better fit at this point in the draft.
30. 49ers (via Colts) - Limas Sweed WR Big target and heavily needed by the 49'er offense.
31. Cowboys - Frank Okam DT Texas - Cowboy defense must catch up tothe offense. With Okam and Jenkins aboard the Cowboys become significantly better defensively.
32. Patriots - Forfeited

fenikz
12-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Doesn't anger me at all love Jenkins, I don't think he will fall that far but you never know

scar988
12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
good falcons pick.

DiG
12-13-2007, 10:31 AM
doesnt make me angry. actually id love it for the skins to get gholston.

AZ9er
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
If Niners are gonna get a 1st round WR... make it Adarius Bowman. I could also see an elite pass rusher at that spot as well. Like Quentin Groves.

But any defensive player will be iffy depending on if Nolan is fired or not. Because we might be switching to a 4-3 base under a new coach.

bored of education
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I like Otah alot. A bit raw. has more upside than Clady not as much as Loadholt in my eyes. But any of those 3 would suffice!

Diehard
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
18. Broncos - Keith Rivers LB USC - Broncos defense needs attention and LB is a good place to start.

I wouldn't say this makes me angry, but I don't see it happening at all. Undersized, athletic weakside guy who excels in pursuit? We have that guy already. In fact both Gold and Williams can play that role perfectly well.

More of the same is not what this defense needs. We need a tackling machine at MLB or SLB.

jetsfan0099
12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
No way Chris Long plays ILB!!! Hes a DE, not a ILB??? WTF?? They would take James Lauranatis if they want a ILB, not Chris Long. They are stock full at D-line, they wont invest a 2nd overall pick money on Chris Long, they would either trade down because they cant afford a top 5 pick, remember they hardly have any cap room and they have to resign Randy Moss to a long term deal this offseason, and possibly Astante Samuel. Or if they do take someone it would be Jake Long they could use a RT who eventually would take over LT for Light, or Laurnatis, or a CB.

The Jets wont take Jake Long, us Fans would hate them to take another OT with the 4th overall, and we will probaly be 3rd overall, we would either take Darren McFadden if hes there, Chris Long if hes there, Vernon Gholston.

Jakey
12-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Good Steelers pick buddy...i'm not angry one bit!

Travis 24
12-13-2007, 11:50 AM
The Eagles pick is awful, and your reasoning for it is even worse...

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
The Eagles pick is awful, and your reasoning for it is even worse...

i was waiting for this after listening to your tear up my mock for the same pick lol

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
and ok, here goes nothing...ill start at the top.

-there is no way in hell that chris long plays ILB. that doesnt even make sense, if he were going to play LB it would be outside, where colvin is gone and vrabel is aging. and the pats are stacked on dline so no need there.

-it makes no sense for the jets to pay jake long#4 overall moeny to play RT. doesnt make any sense

- If the ravens take andre woodson, ill jump off a bridge. And then ill become a browns fan. IF we take a QB, it will be Matt Ryan. Woodson needs to much development. And i think that pick is malcolm jenkins anyways.

-Of all the Qbs, Ryan is the worst fit for chicago. his gunslinger mentality is too similar to rex grossman's and i have a feeling that may put the chicago personell off of him. Brohm and Woodson would both be better fits there.

-There is no way in hell Dan Connor grades out higher then James Laurinatis. It just wont happen. Laurinatis is better in almost every category.

-As of now, justin king isnt first round material. hes fast, but his technique needs alot of work and he had a down season. I can maybe see im sneaking into the late first with excelen workouts, but not until then.

-Keith rivers is a terrible fit in denver they are already have 2 weakside LBs, they dont need another one.

-Frank Okam's lack of motivation will take him out of round 1, much like it did alan branch a year ago.

yeah, i think thats about it...

art vandelay
12-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Kelly is a great pick. I'm not angry.

weasel
12-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Addressing the Chris Long pick. I said playing him like Teddy Bruschi. I mean he is goin to play out of the position he played in college just like Bruschi, not as an MLB for the Patriots (More like a super-sized SOLB) The Patriots love big mobile guys and I think this guy fills the bill as a SOLB/DE hybrid.

Addressing the Eagles selecting Laurenaitis, their #1 need in my mind is MLB. Laurenaitis is the number 1 MLB, as far as the reason, I didn't give one, I just mentioned they beat the daylights out of the Lions and they beat them again on draft day.

About the QB's. I think the shine has fallen off the #1 QB as people have continued to pick apart his game. I think Woodson and Ryan have more upside and I thought the Ravens if they were selecting a QB would go with a more athletic guy that could run over a guy that stands and throws like Ryan.

I think the Jets will try to deal for McFadden if Miami passes on him. Miami could use Jake Long so if the draft fell out this way and the Dolphins could pull off a trade after drafting McFadden and get Long and a second round pick for McFadden from the Jets they might just do it. I thought I would address some of the guys that offered the insights and thank everyone for giving some input.

Travis 24
12-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Addressing the Eagles selecting Laurenaitis, their #1 need in my mind is MLB. Laurenaitis is the number 1 MLB, as far as the reason, I didn't give one, I just mentioned they beat the daylights out of the Lions and they beat them again on draft day.

...You are kidding, right?

MLB literally might be the strongest position on the defense, outside of DE/DT. Omar Gaither has surpassed the expectations of Reid and Johnson, and he is probably headed for a big pay day in the off-season. He has outplayed Takeo Spikes and Chris Gocong...Philadelphia's run defense improved from 30th in 2006, to 9th in 2007...guess why..

The biggest area of need is in the secondary...The safeties have been beaten repeatedly, as have Will James and Lito Sheppard...It is certainly the end of the line in Philly for one of them, if not both..Dawkins is also close to retirement..

gsorace
12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
You don't take Right Tackles with the #4 overall pick

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Addressing the Chris Long pick. I said playing him like Teddy Bruschi. I mean he is goin to play out of the position he played in college just like Bruschi, not as an MLB for the Patriots (More like a super-sized SOLB) The Patriots love big mobile guys and I think this guy fills the bill as a SOLB/DE hybrid.

About the QB's. I think the shine has fallen off the #1 QB as people have continued to pick apart his game. I think Woodson and Ryan have more upside and I thought the Ravens if they were selecting a QB would go with a more athletic guy that could run over a guy that stands and throws like Ryan.

I think the Jets will try to deal for McFadden if Miami passes on him. Miami could use Jake Long so if the draft fell out this way and the Dolphins could pull off a trade after drafting McFadden and get Long and a second round pick for McFadden from the Jets they might just do it. I thought I would address some of the guys that offered the insights and thank everyone for giving some input.

fair enough for the long pick, i still dont see it, but i can at least understand your reasoning a little better now.

as far as laurenitis, i had him going to the eagles in my mock as well, but not because of need but rather necause he was teh BPA at their pick. However, travis 24 kindly reminded me that gaither is playing well in the middle and that Mike is not a need with him. to see his arugument, look no further then my mock. He suggested the pick go to secondary. Also, you have dan connnor going before laurenitis. I can almost asure you that if laurentiis decalres, then this wont happen. I cant think of one aspect of the game where connor is better then laurenitis. MAYBE shedding blocks, and thats the only aspects which needs work for laurenitis.

For the ravens, andre woodson is a terrible pick IF brian billick is our head coach. Billick has shown an inability to develop young quarterbacks (kyle boller) and if thats the case, id much rather have the pro ready Ryan then a guy who needs work on his mechanics and his release. Although, in a perfect world, kyle boller would stop being an idiot, make smart decisions, and put his amazing physical tools to use. But you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Turtlepower
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Pretty big reach for the Giants with Chris Williams. Even though I like him, we need O-Line depth and a CB or an OLB is a much bigger need. That is why I would prefer Talib or Cason very much right there.

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
...You are kidding, right?

MLB literally might be the strongest position on the defense, outside of DE/DT. Omar Gaither has surpassed the expectations of Reid and Johnson, and he is probably headed for a big pay day in the off-season. He has outplayed Takeo Spikes and Chris Gocong...Philadelphia's run defense improved from 30th in 2006, to 9th in 2007...guess why..

The biggest area of need is in the secondary...The safeties have been beaten repeatedly, as have Will James and Lito Sheppard...It is certainly the end of the line in Philly for one of them, if not both..Dawkins is also close to retirement..

lol i just told him this because of wat you said in my mock

KCJ58
12-13-2007, 12:39 PM
if Dorsey, Long, and Long at #5 we'll ethier trade down or pick Cambell

weasel
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
he has no injuries and may be better at LT than at RT and you select LT with whatever pick you have.

jetsfan0099
12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I dont see Chris Long being a OLB for a 3-4. He is going to be to big, he weighs around 280 right now right?? He will probaly be up to around 290 by the time draft comes. He is a 3-4 DE, if my Jets got him we would move him around from DE to DT, and maybe he would stand up sometimes, we do have Shaun Ellis stand up when we want to have a bigger group in, but I dont see Long being able to drop into coverage, I see him as a DE for the 3-4, I am not bying into every thinking hes too small, the guy is pretty darn big at 6-4 280. And he plays nasty and the way he plays would be perfect for the Jets system. He is a player I would be very happy if we got. Along with McFadden and Gholston. I will be mad if we got Jake Long, you dont use the 4th pick on a RT, we arent moving Brick either, Brick is our LT and hes more athletic than Long.

Babylon
12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I think Chris Long makes some sense to New England for a couple of reasons; probably going to be the best player at that slot, has some ties to the Boston area (Howie) and would be longterm insurance for a defensive line that to me has underachieved this year.

As for the Niners taking Sweed it would be fitting because they dont know what they're doing there. Bowman wouldnt be much better.

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 02:07 PM
As for the Niners taking Sweed it would be fitting because they dont know what they're doing there. Bowman wouldnt be much better.

this made me laugh inside lol

Geo
12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I think tackles Brodrick Bunkley and Mike Patterson deserve a lion's share of the credit for a much-improved run defense, myself ...

gsorace
12-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I see him as a DE for the 3-4, I am not bying into every thinking hes too small, the guy is pretty darn big at 6-4 280.

Just about all the problems with the Jets defense stem from the fact that the defensive line is undersized, at 6-4 280 Long is smaller than Shaun Ellis who has been a ghost all season because the D line is getting thrown around every game.

JT Jag
12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
David Garrard IS the quarterback of the future.

CC.SD
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm not angry, but I definitely cannot comprehend the logic of the Bolts drafting Cason. With Cromartie breaking out, Jammer as solid as ever, and Paul Oliver waiting in the wings, why would we want another corner?

jetsfan0099
12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Just about all the problems with the Jets defense stem from the fact that the defensive line is undersized, at 6-4 280 Long is smaller than Shaun Ellis who has been a ghost all season because the D line is getting thrown around every game.

No our NT is small Robertson, hes the only one that gets pushed around, Ellis is like 290 somewhere around there, and he has had a good year, but he was never that great of a fit for 3-4 DE anyways, hes more of a 4-3 DE, he doesnt like running through double teams, he like going around and get to the QB. Long plays more physical than Ellis, and Long will be 290 by the time draft happens. I bet anything on that. Plus scouts say that they never seen a guy of Longs size be able to get so low, he plays with perfect leverage, and his moves are a lot of bull rushes, he would be a great fit for 3-4 DE. He can play any defense I think. And our problems on defense is really that we have 0 pass rushers, we have no one that can get after the QB. Thats something we need. We need a anchor for our d-line, I bet you anything, if McFadden is off the board and Long is there, Mangini would not hesitate to take Long.

Tampa 2 4 life
12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
23. Cowboys (via Browns) - Mike Jenkins CB UCF They need a CB in the worst way and they select the Central Florida star here getting the best package available.

This makes me angry. So very, very angry.

I strongly dislike the Hardy pick.

d34ng3l021
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Give us Jake Long or Matt Ryan over Glenn Dorsey. Our defense is just inconsistent. Our offense lacks talent and is just anemic.

Bills2083
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Good pick for Buffalo

Chucky
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Bucs wont pass on Brohm

etk
12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Bucs wont pass on Brohm

Yes we will...

Chucky
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes we will...

He is the best QB prospect IMO in this draft, he fits well in the Grudens offence, and he would give the bucs an elite QB of the future who could sit behind garcia next year

etk
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
He is the best QB prospect IMO in this draft, he fits well in the Grudens offence, and he would give the bucs an elite QB of the future who could sit behind garcia next year

That's all fine and dandy except for one thing: We don't need a QB this year and we probably won't draft one.

Chucky
12-13-2007, 05:27 PM
That's all fine and dandy except for one thing: We don't need a QB this year and we probably won't draft one.

We may not need one for the upcoming season, but it takes time to develop a QB, and i think it is not smart to bank on garcia playing after next season

etk
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
We may not need one for the upcoming season, but it takes time to develop a QB, and i think it is not smart to bank on garcia playing after next season

Two words: Luke McCown

Like you said, it takes time to develop QBs and we all know how frustrated Gruden gets with the matter. That's why I think he will stick with McCown and Grads and draft another option when Jeff retires.

AZ9er
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM

If we ever got a competent coaching staff... Adarius Bowman would be the better pick.

Chucky
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Like you said, it takes time to develop QBs and we all know how frustrated Gruden gets with the matter. That's why I think he will stick with McCown and Grads and draft another option when Jeff retires.

I hope to god that Gruden realized that Grads will never be a starter

Rich Jr
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Saints

Cason>Jenkins>King

Babylon
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
If we ever got a competent coaching staff... Adarius Bowman would be the better pick.

I think Bowman would be a better pick than Sweed and Nelson would be better than both.

Caddy
12-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Selecting Hardy to replace Galloway does not make sense. They are completely different players.

AZ9er
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I think Bowman would be a better pick than Sweed and Nelson would be better than both.

I dont know much about Jordy Nelson. Guys I think we need to look at are..

Malcolm Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Keenan Burton

We'd probably have to trade up for Kelly.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Okam is a day two pick.

A Perfect Score
12-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Okam is a day two pick.

well im glad im not the only one who thinks so...

weasel
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Most of you have given your insight on picks and I thank you very much, I am active on my team's board and we can't come to a consensus on who we want with guys giving passionate defense of their own picks and bashing others. I appreciate that you were mostly helpful and not derogatory.
This is a national board and we can gather opinions other than the ones we hear daily. Eagles guy I don't know you but I would rather have Laurenaitis playing for me than Gaither 365 times out of 365 opportunities, that means everyday of the year. But I won't argue, Something I cannot figure out is how you guys missed Reggie Brown this year. I had him on my fantasy team and never played him after the first four weeks. Did it really take him going in to meet with the coach to get a Philly QB to throw to him? He was a thousand yard receiver the year before. I really don't think you need another #1 receiver over Brown you just have to throw to him; ...and Curtis had a good year, too. You've got a good TE and the best overall RB in the business in Westbrook. I'm a McNabb fan. too. I think you are a couple of defensive pieces away and one of those pieces I think is MLB. Good luck on your mock, sir.

Yung Flippa
12-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Good Ravens and Texans picks. The Lions would make a mistake to pass on Malcom Jenkins

JT Jag
12-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm not angry, but I definitely cannot comprehend the logic of the Bolts drafting Cason. With Cromartie breaking out, Jammer as solid as ever, and Paul Oliver waiting in the wings, why would we want another corner?As the saying goes, you can never have too many good corners.

If have so many good corners that you just don't know what to do with 'em, make one of them your starting free safety.

Don Killuminati
12-14-2007, 01:27 AM
7. Raiders - Sedrick Ellis DT USC - Raiders always looking for a surprise pick are surprisingly predictable selecting a DT to solidify the defense.
Perfect.
If I had to say any selection was wrong it would be this one. OL and WR are the positions the Raiders should concentrate on to help Jamarcus Russell.
No WRs warrant that high of a pick, and the best help the Raiders can give to Russell is a defense that gets him the ball back and keeps teams from putting him in shootout situations. Ellis is the best pick available at that spot.

Mr. Stiller
12-14-2007, 01:38 AM
To be completely honest..

The replacements for Faneca and Starks are already on the roster.. Willie Colon has started over Starks all season.. and Kendall Simmons will likely be moving to LG.

We have Kemoeatu for RG.

I'm not dissing the Pick.. I do like Robinson.. but, I think we may go WR or Defense first.

steelernation77
12-14-2007, 01:55 AM
To be completely honest..

The replacements for Faneca and Starks are already on the roster.. Willie Colon has started over Starks all season.. and Kendall Simmons will likely be moving to LG.

We have Kemoeatu for RG.

I'm not dissing the Pick.. I do like Robinson.. but, I think we may go WR or Defense first.

The line this year is terrible, Kemo has not shown enough to warrant starting. With Faneca gone, the line will be even worse.

OL is most definitely our top need. I say we go BPA on the OL in the first.

Crazy_Chris
12-14-2007, 02:44 AM
I definatly like the Vikings pick.

johbur
12-14-2007, 03:39 AM
And the Packers get to have an LB corp of three first-rounders... Genius! ;D

Don Killuminati
12-14-2007, 03:45 AM

Anyone else laugh out loud a little when they read this?

Gruden does prefer veteran QBs. He's lived and died by them his entire HC career. Still, you have to wonder if he's just totally against the idea of having some longterm security at the position.

McCown and Gradkowski are nice backups. But expecting either to become much more is a stretch.

Do I personally think Gruden will take a QB that high? Probably not. But I said the same thing about taking a RB at the top of the first round, since he's been more of a RBBC guy. Gruden went against his own grain by taking Cadillac #5 overall, so he has shown that he's not so stubborn that he can't see a golden opportunity when it presents itself...Caddy's struggles not withstanding.

weasel
12-14-2007, 06:44 AM
About Cason, he has been touted for three years as the best CB in Az since McAllister. Chris McAllister is a damn good CB and if this guy is somehow close he can replace Jammer. If he is not and he is slower than anticipated he gives the Bolts a free safety playmaker. The Chargers need another piece in the secondary. Also, Gates is not healthy maybe you should look at Martellus Bennett or Fred Davis. I have your team needs as CB, S and DT. Jamal Williams is getting older but he still brings a load up front. And there is little room at the top of the board for safeties in this year's draft and I didn't think I should reach for a position for the Bolts just because they are a good team.

weasel
12-14-2007, 07:06 AM
GOING IN I HAD THE PACKERS NEEDS AS RB, CB, TE and OLB. CB only because both of yours are over thirty. RB seems you found one in the later half of the year as well as TE. That left OLB and Highsmith is a great one. I considered Martellus Bennett, Ray Rice and any of the WR's and decided Highsmith made the most sense.

Finsfan79
12-14-2007, 09:19 AM
my only question for miami is what can we get off of ronnie brown?

If we can get a late 1st for him like say Dallas first and a conditional pick?

That would have to be interesting to consider then a potential superstar at RB and then another pick to address a RT, OG, DT, etc etc

Else yeah back to dorsey for me

AZ9er
12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
About Cason, he has been touted for three years as the best CB in Az since McAllister. Chris McAllister is a damn good CB and if this guy is somehow close he can replace Jammer. If he is not and he is slower than anticipated he gives the Bolts a free safety playmaker. The Chargers need another piece in the secondary. Also, Gates is not healthy maybe you should look at Martellus Bennett or Fred Davis. I have your team needs as CB, S and DT. Jamal Williams is getting older but he still brings a load up front. And there is little room at the top of the board for safeties in this year's draft and I didn't think I should reach for a position for the Bolts just because they are a good team.

I've watched Cason play for 4 seasons. He might be a better pure cover corner than Chris McAlister. McAlister got away with being really physical. Whereas Cason is truly lock down. And I dont think there are concerns about Cason's speed, because he may not time below 4.4, but he plays much faster. He's the real deal.

weasel
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
so is there a beef with Cason as the pick?

weasel
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I have to like the draft and trade possibilities Mcfadden gives the Dolphins. Say they really want someone and he falls to #4 and they offer McFadden for that player and a second round pick. They get the player they want at a cheaper price and then grab a high second round choice. Better than trading down pre-draft and wondering if they get to draft the guy they really want. Or keep Mcfadden and trade R. Brown for a #1 pick and go from there. Makes sense to me.

A Perfect Score
12-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I have to like the draft and trade possibilities Mcfadden gives the Dolphins. Say they really want someone and he falls to #4 and they offer McFadden for that player and a second round pick. They get the player they want at a cheaper price and then grab a high second round choice. Better than trading down pre-draft and wondering if they get to draft the guy they really want. Or keep Mcfadden and trade R. Brown for a #1 pick and go from there. Makes sense to me.

sure it sounds good...and thats the dream of every NFL franchise. It isnt that easy to find a trade partner, this isnt madden for christs sake. There are a million other factors that need to be taken into account before something like this would even occur. Like what if the dolphins cant get adequate value for brown? wat if mcfadden doesnt wanna play for the dolphins? what if nobody trades for him and the phins are stuck paying top 2 overall money to RBs? it just isnt feasible. Nice try though.

weasel
12-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I Just Like The Possibilities. I Would Like To Have Mcfadden For My Team Even If I Had Brown.