PDA

View Full Version : Felix Jones & Darren McFadden

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
How great have the chances of both of them leaving early increased since the hiring of Bobby Petrino? I can't see enough carries to go around in Petrino's offense. I am thinking now that both of them bolt for the NFL.

d34ng3l021
12-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Its not like Petrino doesnt run the ball. I think his Louisville offense averaged 180 rushing yards a game.

But I would bolt early just to avoid Petrino that asshole.

D-Unit
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Michael Bush loved Petrino's offense.

TACKLE
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
I really think Felix Jones should stay. He's been great while splitting carries with the most talented player in college football but I think he needs to show he is more than just a compliment back. People think of Petrino's offenses as pass heavy but its really quite balanced. Felix could be a Heisman favorite this year and would look like to be the 2nd back taken behind Beanie Wells.

Travis 24
12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Jones should stay...He has potential to be a top 10 pick next year if he can keep up what he's been doing

Don Killuminati
12-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Question is, can Petrino get his offense installed and up to snuff fast enough for a junior to really take advantage? It's a lot different than what the Hogs have been doing offensively. The learning curve could be steep.

lod01
12-14-2007, 07:43 AM
Petrino is trying to convince Felix Jones to stay. He knows McFadden is a goner and without Jones, he will have no running game and look like the fool he is again.

It also looks like players are calling J. Anderson for his opinion, which of course is not favorable for this coward of a coach.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Falcons rookie DE Jamaal Anderson, the team's first-round draft pick from the University of Arkansas, has gotten non-stop calls from players, friends and associates with the Razorbacks football program. They all want to know what type of guy their new coach, Bobby Petrino, is. "Disloyal," said Anderson, Petrino's first pick as an NFL coach. "If he can leave players here, what makes you think he won't leave the players he's going to coach? I'm just afraid to see what happens if he does bad at Arkansas. Is he going to leave those kids?"

I'd say Jones is more likely to leave now. Petrino could actually have a negative effect on Jones numbers.

BamaFalcon59
12-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Even players from his time at Auburn (Marcus McNiel) said they don't like him.

Bobertchin
12-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I think it's a tough call for Jones. McFadden should obviously go pro. But Jones could prove something or he could slip. He may have benefited from being with McFadden. He may become the focus of defenses next season. It's a risky thing for him either way. He could go up or down, and I honestly have no way of knowing which is more likely.

OregonDucks
12-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I agree he should stay but now that he has petrino as a coach, he is gonna have a hard time with his decision.

BuddyCHRIST
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I really think any RB whose borderline should go pro because the risk for a RB is just so great with all the hits they take. And its becoming more and more obvious (with a few exceptions) that RB's start to decline when they get to 30 or have had alot of carries (Cedric Benson looks like he's been taking hits for 15 years at the NFL level the way he runs now). He'll be a first rounder regardless and probably a high one depending on workouts. He could improve it as the RB class won't be as good and he could prove he could carry the load, but its a two back league now anyways so I don't think its such a factor.

Travis 24
12-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Is it disloyal if you quit your job for a better one?...

Babylon
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM

They dont think it's disloyal if they dump you for a better employee. The timing of the Petrino thing was bad but Arkansas wasnt going to wait around for the end of the NFL season. The inmates there in Atlanta werent happy with him either so it was probably for the best. Good luck finding anyone worth a damn for that gig.

BNad
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM

dis·loy·al
–adjective
false to one's obligations or allegiances; not loyal

Of course it's disloyal. Maybe it's the best fit for him, but that doesn't mean he isn't disloyal.

Don Killuminati
12-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I really think any RB whose borderline should go pro because the risk for a RB is just so great with all the hits they take.

This is exactly why, anyone he asks for advice, will tell him to take the money and run.

Michael Bush wanted to improve his stock, and it got him dumped to the 4th round.

Happens every year.

As everyone knows, RB is the easiest position on the field in terms of making the transition from college to pro. Jones is all but certain to go somewhere in Rd1 after his combine numbers leave scouts salivating. I believe he's already the 3rd rated RB in the country...personal opinion, no sources. By the time April comes around, he may find himself being taken shortly behind McFadden.

Don't be a dummy, Felix. You've proven you've got game. Everyone expects you to have a great combine. You're a #1 pick somewhere. Are you rich? When you're po', is there really that big a difference between 1 million and 10 million? No.

Go get paid, son.

EvilMonkey
12-15-2007, 07:20 PM
both should go pro. McFadden is an obvious top-of-the-draft selection and Jones being a backup wont hurt his stock that much. With great workouts I think he could easily make it into the top 20. Ronnie Brown and Caddillac went 2 and 4, i think DMac can go top 5 and Felix top 20, possibly better.

Why stick around for 1 year of Petrino??